Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Pls Advise Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Advise Me (4288 Views)

Help Advise Me On Relocation Plan With Money Saved. / Pls Advise!!! From Dubai To Canada Or USA?? / Going To Usa To Hustle Vs Going To Uk To Hustle, Please Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 12:25am On Feb 13, 2019
Hello y'all,
I need some good advise as am really not sure which decision to take.
I am in the UK, currently illegally. I want to return to Nigeria voluntarily ('been resident for about 5 years'). I have about 10 million saved, and send home 800k monthly. I am very tired of the life here and I want to return to Nigeria.
I intend coming back and travelling to Germany, Canada or USA for studies (Msc), or better still find a country where I can get a stay and live in a saner environment: nevertheless, I am also romancing the idea of remaining permanently in Nigeria and establishing something for myself in Lagos.

My arguments:

1. Will my voluntary return have a negative impact on gaining any of the visas to the countries i mentioned above?
2. Is 10 million too small to start anything quite profitable in Nigeria?
3. Finally, should I continue to remain here illegally working with no prospect of legalising my stay here?

I don't want to marry any woman for paper or have a child because of same.('married with kids back home')

Please, considering my options above, and the situation and living condition in Nigeria; what is the best option for me.

Note:
Life in the UK is not easy and not to talk of working and living illegally, plus family separation. I believe I have seen my fair share of the stress and have had enough.
Re: Pls Advise Me by greatnaija01: 12:29am On Feb 13, 2019
ME CANDID ADVICE

To your arguments:

1. Will my voluntary return have a negative impact on gaining any of the visas to the countries i mentioned above?
It won't at all, but you may have to stay in Nigeria for at least a year so it does not look like you desperate and during your INTERVIEW if they notice the difference in dates from your last country, questions may arise. So come back to Nigeria, chill for 9months to a year then LEAVE again. or During your ONE YEAR STAY... do little travel tours with travel agencies, visit simple african countries so you can use the alibi that you are a tourist.

Well I will be very straight with u on this.... 10 million naira is TOO MUCH. Here are things you can do to make six figure income monthly in Nigeria. I speak from personal experience o
1) Mini-Importation 50k to start and make 100k monthly.
2) Arbitraging 50/100k to start
3) Farming Investments from 50k to 300k to start
4) Start up a Travel Agency 170k max to start
5) keke/Uber/Taxify from 600k to get a 2006 model car
6) School Ownership 900k can start this
7) Housing. 1 to 5 million

I arranged them in order of least to highest capital intensive startup BUT the least of them will make u 100K monthly.

3. Finally, should I continue to remain here illegally working with no prospect of legalising my stay here?

I don't want to marry any woman for paper or have a child because of same.('married with kids back home')

Integrity boost your ego and posterity.
A good name matters alot, You should not need to stay illegally if you have something back home in Nigeria that funds your trips. You need to live in countries that have little/no issues with blacks and are not prone to global crises.

I hope my answer helps you make a wise choice, Its wise to have good investment in Nigeria while you leave to another country for residency.
If any of my points are not clear you can mail me and I will clarify them for you.

Stay Strong.

casperuk:
Hello y'all,
I am in the UK, currently illegally. I want to return to Nigeria voluntarily ('been resident for about 5 years'). I have about 10 million saved, and send home 800k monthly. I am very tired of the life here and I want to return to Nigeria.
I intend coming back and travelling to Germany, Canada or USA for studies (Msc), or better still find a country where I can get a stay and live in a saner environment: nevertheless, I am also romancing the idea of remaining permanently in Nigeria and establishing something for myself in Lagos.

My arguments:

Please, considering my options above, and the situation and living condition in Nigeria; what is the best option for me.

Note:
Life in the UK is not easy and not to talk of working and living illegally, plus family separation. I believe I have seen my fair share of the stress and have had enough.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Advise Me by Davash222(m): 12:35am On Feb 13, 2019
Whatever decision you’re taking, please erase coming back to Nigeria from your mind. That 10,000,000 na change for here . Buhari don scatter everything for here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Advise Me by fykes(m): 12:40am On Feb 13, 2019
I will advise you to try moving from UK to lesser countries. There are nicer European countries u can try who wouldn't mind ur status in UK... Try Kazakhstan, try Azerbaijan..u will be surprised at the standard of living and ease of migration from UK. Especially Azerbaijan.
Forget Naija....the Bible obviously had Naija in mind when it said" thejust shall live by faith "

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise Me by Soleye24(m): 12:47am On Feb 13, 2019
Though have never traveled out but with the little experience I have had here i think i can advice u. The best is to apply for msc in Germany. Tuition is free there, once u gain admission, u open block account of 3.3m. Bro Germany made it easy that u can apply for family union. There u can live peacefully with ur family. Bro, my thinking everyday is to travel to Germany na the block account dey bring me to reality.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 12:48am On Feb 13, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
[/color][color=#006600]
fykes:
I will advise you to try moving from UK to lesser countries. There are nicer European countries u can try who wouldn't mind ur status in UK... Try Kazakhstan, try Azerbaijan..u will be surprised at the standard of living and ease of migration from UK. Especially Azerbaijan.
Forget Naija....the Bible obviously had Naija in mind when it said" thejust shall live by faith "
Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 1:19am On Feb 13, 2019
Thanks very much for taking your time to respond. Your response was brilliant!
greatnaija01:
ME CANDID ADVICE

To your arguments:

It won't at all, but you may have to stay in Nigeria for at least a year so it does not look like you desperate and during your INTERVIEW if they notice the difference in dates from your last country, questions may arise. So come back to Nigeria, chill for 9months to a year then LEAVE again. or During your ONE YEAR STAY... do little travel tours with travel agencies, visit simple african countries so you can use the alibi that you are a tourist.

Well I will be very straight with u on this.... 10 million naira is TOO MUCH. Here are things you can do to make six figure income monthly in Nigeria. I speak from personal experience o

I arranged them in order of least to highest capital intensive startup BUT the least of them will make u 100K monthly.

A good name matters alot, You should not need to stay illegally if you have something back home in Nigeria that funds your trips. You need to live in countries that have little/no issues with blacks and are not prone to global crises.

I hope my answer helps you make a wise choice, Its wise to have good investment in Nigeria while you leave to another country for residency.
If any of my points are not clear you can mail me and I will clarify them for you.

Stay Strong.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by Larryfest(m): 1:23am On Feb 13, 2019
Whatever you decide bro please make sure coming back to reside in Nigeria is no way near the options you have in mind at all cos most people in here wants to get out by all means. Nigeria is next to hell presently even with your 10million you aren't going to see much changes.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by justwise(m): 6:24am On Feb 13, 2019
casperuk:
Hello y'all,

My arguments:

Note:

1. Yes that is very possible.

2. Absolutely not, 10m is a lot of money and can set you up in Nigeria if you plan well.

3. Only you can answer that because you know it has been for 5yrs now and most importantly your wife and kids you left back home.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise Me by JWTheocracy1: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2019
justwise:

2. Absolutely not, 10m is a lot of money and can set you up in Nigeria if you plan well.

3. Only you can answer that because you know it has been for 5yrs now and most importantly your wife and kids you left back home.

Please justwise I sent you a mail.
Re: Pls Advise Me by Mille: 9:26am On Feb 13, 2019
Soleye24:
Though have never traveled out but with the little experience I have had here i think i can advice u. The best is to apply for msc in Germany. Tuition is free there, once u gain admission, u open block account of 3.3m. Bro Germany made it easy that u can apply for family union. There u can live peacefully with ur family. Bro, my thinking everyday is to travel to Germany na the block account dey bring me to reality.

Obviously, you have never travelled out nor even experienced life in Germany, else you wouldn't tell him to come to Germany on a student visa.

One thing I can tell Op is that, if you ever come to Germany on a student visa, forget about that amount you send home monthly. Also forget about bringing your family, else they are going to be a very big big liability.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by manneger2: 10:12am On Feb 13, 2019
Mille:

Obviously, you have never travelled out nor even experienced life in Germany, else you wouldn't tell him to come to Germany on a student visa.

One thing I can tell Op is that, if you ever come to Germany on a student visa, forget about that amount you send home monthly. Also forget about bringing your family, else they are going to be a very big big liability.
The way some people argue eeh, if he goes to Germany with student visa probably for msc within 2 years he is done, he has the option of getting job and staying back, when everything start working fine he now bring his family and like this he stays legal in Germany, who tell u he will start sending big money back home when he comes to Germany, he need a place to stay legal and work, u think is easy to stay illegal at another man's country.
Re: Pls Advise Me by ashatoda: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2019
guy I love the opinions shared on this thread there have been for and against my simple advice is that the ball lies in your court it is left for you to make an informed decision about the next line of action
Re: Pls Advise Me by snowlordng(m): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2019
Apply for canadian permanent residence through express entry that's the best forget about Nigeria. ..you will regret it and you will be going der with your family

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2019
yeah, it would be near impossible to send any meaningful money back home if family were living with me here.
manneger2:

The way some people argue eeh, if he goes to Germany with student visa probably for msc within 2 years he is done, he has the option of getting job and staying back, when everything start working fine he now bring his family and like this he stays legal in Germany, who tell u he will start sending big money back home when he comes to Germany, he need a place to stay legal and work, u think is easy to stay illegal at another man's country.
Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 11:04am On Feb 13, 2019
Thanks Chief! your contribution is really appreciated.
justwise:

Re: Pls Advise Me by mrphysics(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
casperuk:
Thanks Chief! your contribution is really appreciated.
Consider the fact that anything you do outside Nigeria won't last long. Trust me, they are young artisans in Nigeria that have more than 10m in their account yet tell you that things are very difficult here. They probably made that 10m in less than 3 years.

Since you want to do your masters, you have to remember that for the time you will be doing your masters in Germany, there will be no incoming funds yet, you will be depleting the 10m sending money home. What you need is to establish a constant source of income at home while you move to germany.

The fastest way to do this is uber/taxify. Even your wife at home can manage the business. Since you are in UK, buy a good car, ship it to lagos, get an agent to clear it. In a week, you must have registered the vehicle, put security and the rest, then get an uber driver (you must be careful here because same people that complain the country is difficult are most dishonest) and your business is live. You will be sure of 30k weekly and 120k monthly. With this, your wife will be managing while you continue your masters.

On a personal recommendation, I will advise you come home and hustle like others. You have the capital, so if you have the brain, you can get something working.

13 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by BarristerAlarig: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
We should all know that irrespective of what advice is offered here,OP doesn't qualify unless he comes back to Nigeria. Here are my opinion;

Firstly, OP CANNOT apply for a visa in a foreign country without a permit. So applying from the UK to Germany or other countries is technically impossible.

Secondly, Getting a visa to western countries ( Especially the US,Canada, Australia, New Zealand and EU member countries) will be almost impossible. This countries share immigration data. How can OP proves he won't violate the terms of a visa if given if he has previously violated his British Visa

Thirdly, I think the OP should comeback home( I can't believe I just said this) but this is dependent on how OP situation is and how he feels. Left to me, I will choose to remain in the UK . Nothing dy Nigeria oo. Don't be deceived. We way day wan run comot.

Fourthly, you could invest some of the money like others have suggested. I have heard owning a Water packaging company is profitable. But what do I know??

Finally, if OP decides to return home, don't be quick to apply for a visa to the above listed countries. One year is small and doesn't prove anything.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for your contribution. I am more of the opinion to return some time in the year. I have seen everything here and have travelled to almost all cities in the UK, honestly there is no big deal here. People die in the UK everyday as well as in Nigeria. Life is the same everywhere, to me it's just a matter of perspective. If Buhari is kicked back next week to Kastina, I will have more hope to return *lol*. Anyway I am a Python programmer and Web Developer.
BarristerAlarig:
We should all no that irrespective of what advice is offered here,OP doesn't qualify unless he comes back to Nigeria. Here are my opinion;

Firstly, OP CANNOT apply for a visa in a foreign country without a permit. So applying from the UK to Germany or other countries is technically impossible.

Secondly, Getting a visa to western countries ( Especially the US,Canada, Australia, New Zealand and EU member countries) will be almost impossible. This countries share immigration data. How can OP proves he won't violate the terms of a visa if given if he has previously violated his British Visa

Thirdly, I think the OP should comeback home( I can't believe I just said this) but this is dependent on how OP situation is and how he feels. Left to me, I will choose to remain in the UK . Nothing dy Nigeria oo. Don't be deceived. We way day wan run comot.

Fourthly, you could invest some of the money like others have suggested. I have heard owning a Water packaging company is profitable. But what do I know??

Finally, if OP decides to return home, don't be quick to apply for a visa to the above listed countries. One year is small and doesn't prove anything.
Re: Pls Advise Me by Mizwisdom(f): 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
justwise:

This is a very wise response, OP listen to this
Re: Pls Advise Me by Beautyaddy: 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
casperuk:
Thanks for your contribution. I am more of the opinion to return some time in the year. I have seen everything here and have travelled to almost all cities in the UK, honestly there is no big deal here. People die in the UK everyday as well as in Nigeria. Life is the same everywhere, to me it's just a matter of perspective. If Buhari is kicked back next week to Kastina, I will have more hope to return *lol*. Anyway I am a Python programmer and Web Developer.

Lol!...Please don't hope on that...it's looking farfetched from that happening.

Anyway, regardless of who wins....

mrphysics:

Consider the fact that anything you do outside Nigeria won't last long. Trust me, they are young artisans in Nigeria that have more than 10m in their account yet tell you that things are very difficult here. They probably made that 10m in less than 3 years.

Since you want to do your masters, you have to remember that for the time you will be doing your masters in Germany, there will be no incoming funds yet, you will be depleting the 10m sending money home. What you need is to establish a constant source of income at home while you move to germany.

The fastest way to do this is uber/taxify. Even your wife at home can manage the business. Since you are in UK, buy a good car, ship it to lagos, get an agent to clear it. In a week, you must have registered the vehicle, put security and the rest, then get an uber driver (you must be careful here because same people that complain the country is difficult are most dishonest) and your business is live. You will be sure of 30k weekly and 120k monthly. With this, your wife will be managing while you continue your masters.

On a personal recommendation, I will advise you come home and hustle like others. You have the capital, so if you have the brain, you can get something working.

Run with all these above advices.
Re: Pls Advise Me by pat077: 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2019
greatnaija01:
ME CANDID ADVICE

To your arguments:

Stay Strong.

what type of 2006 model car can one get for 600k for uber
Re: Pls Advise Me by BarristerAlarig: 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
casperuk:

Well, I did ask you to come back home.

I am just saying I won't. But if you decide to come back, forget about visas to those countries I mentioned( and maybe throw in Japan). It will be extremely difficult to get a visa. I personally believe you'd need at lest 5years with very good prospect ( well paying job,family,investment, politics etc) to get a visa because as soon as you are thumb printed before boarding, all your data is stored and all of the above listed countries have access to it.

Alternatively, Madam can enter Canada/Germany or HUNGARY with the kids on a student visa( I am assuming she is a graduate)

Then you come back to Nigeria to start a business while she files to have you join her. I am sure this plan will work.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
Soleye24:
What is block account?
Re: Pls Advise Me by casperuk(m): 1:25am On Feb 14, 2019
I don't believe getting a visa to the United States, Europe, or Asia would be a problem. The UK Home Office only share their visa database with the Irish embassy. The shenanigan visa system is different. Names are only flagged up when there is a criminal record on the europol database which they share to track terrorists and criminals not visa over-stayers. Well nevertheless, I fell out of status not longer than one month a ago, I have been legal all these time. My wife is currently doing her Masters in Law in Nigeria. Getting a Non immigrant visa maybe a huddle for the uk and Ireland, but not for other countries. Voluntary return is not deportation or administrative removal. There are also other countries that have a point based immigration system, I believe I will also be able to qualify if I meet their point. Such systems are fairer than other immigration systems that grant too much power to the discretion of the ECO, where If they don't like your face they can say no.

I will be ban for 2 - 5 years for a UK visa, but that's it. I can return for a PHD if I so opt after the ban on a student visa as it is a based point system. If you meet the point they will be issued the visa.

BarristerAlarig:

Well, I did ask you to come back home.

I am just saying I won't. But if you decide to come back, forget about visas to those countries I mentioned( and maybe throw in Japan). It will be extremely difficult to get a visa. I personally believe you'd need at lest 5years with very good prospect ( well paying job,family,investment, politics etc) to get a visa because as soon as you are thumb printed before boarding, all your data is stored and all of the above listed countries have access to it.

Alternatively, Madam can enter Canada/Germany or HUNGARY with the kids on a student visa( I am assuming she is a graduate)

Then you come back to Nigeria to start a business while she files to have you join her. I am sure this plan will work.
Re: Pls Advise Me by greatnaija01: 1:44am On Feb 14, 2019
I buy from DEBARGAINER on INstagram. their show-shed is in Ikorodu Lagos.

They sell fairly USED and VERY NEW cars.
The one I have is Toyota camry 2006... I fixed some things in it before putting it out.

check them and see for yourself and PLEASE take your mechanic with you if you want to buy.

payandrive too is good on instagram, they sell very new cars and also sell used cars.

pat077:
what type of 2006 model car can one get for 600k for uber
Re: Pls Advise Me by justwise(m): 6:51am On Feb 14, 2019
casperuk:
I don't believe getting a visa to the United States, Europe, or Asia would be a problem. The UK Home Office only share their visa database with the Irish embassy. The shenanigan visa system is different. Names are only flagged up when there is a criminal record on the europol database which they share to track terrorists and criminals not visa over-stayers. Well nevertheless, I fell out of status not longer than one month a ago, I have been legal all these time. My wife is currently doing her Masters in Law in Nigeria. Getting a Non immigrant visa maybe a huddle for the uk and Ireland, but not for other countries. Voluntary return is not deportation or administrative removal. There are also other countries that have a point based immigration system, I believe I will also be able to qualify if I meet their point. Such systems are fairer than other immigration systems that grant too much power to the discretion of the ECO, where If they don't like your face they can say no.

I will be ban for 2 - 5 years for a UK visa, but that's it. I can return for a PHD if I so opt after the ban on a student visa as it is a based point system. If you meet the point they will be issued the visa.

Actually that is not true the UK shares data with US, Canada, Australia and schengen countries.

You did not do your research well because overstaying your visa for 30days is not a crime. From the day your visa expires you have 30days to either reapply or leave the UK.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise Me by brandable: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2019
greatnaija01:
ME CANDID ADVICE

To your arguments:

Stay Strong.

Arbtraging with 100k. Honestly I would like how you possibly do it. Just a monthly sub with rebel betting is about 50k. Not forgetting that one has to be online steady in this Nigeria that there is no electricity so off-grid is the only possible solutions which cost alot to set up. Honestly if you can device a way one could Arb with this amount you stated I wouldn't mind paying for the information, that's my big limitations with starting. Not forgetting how you avoid getting your booking account limited as that is a big problem with Arb especially starting with few amount. Awaiting your reply.
Re: Pls Advise Me by Speedyconnect15: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2019
fykes:

A nairalander came back from Azerbaijan abi Kazakhastan and committed suicide.

I don't know why I can't forget that..

5 Likes

Re: Pls Advise Me by Speedyconnect15: 11:54am On Feb 14, 2019
@casperuk

How come you send 800k home monthly?

Are you taking care of your whole village?

I wonder the kind of job that gives you such an amount monthly despite staying illegally

Justwise is this possible?

800k even after bills? Yet still has some savings despite illegal status?

Londoner evilforest egunmogaji ifyalways
Re: Pls Advise Me by Contumely: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2019
mrphysics:

Oga, you have little or no life experience to give advice here.

This is not romance section.

Have you been to MMIA sef?

MODIFIED:

I like this dude.
He sounds so informed.

He gives them 800k monthly. Like he gives all his earnings.

That's huge sacrifice. I wonder why you have to be doing that given that you aren't aristo, an athlete or artiste.

And it's as if no investment was factored in the 800k. If yes, then I am afraid, you acted badly.

Doesn't she earn at all?

How could they be spending 800k monthly while you toil in the cold. That's extravagance and profligacy.

Some salary earners in naija dont earn upto 800k in 2 years.

I hope the wife has good sense and hasn't squandered all on frivolities, personal properties in her name or even men sef. She may feel you pick the cash on the streets.

Fear women!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise Me by RSVP: 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
Contumely:

Oga, you have little or no life experience to give advice here.

This is not romance section.

Have you been to MMIA sef?

Lol.. Bros why na.

@casperuk. Plz explain "I have about 10 million saved, and send home 800k monthly" .

U meant ur total savings home and abroad is amount 10m naira or you have extra 10m saved aside the 800k you normally send back home every month??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New York, United States Of America / Moving To Canada / Netherland Or Canada - Where Should I Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.