Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures (34855 Views)

Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
The biggest church building in Central and Eastern Africa

Pastor David Adeoye.
By WANGECI KANYEKI

The Winners Chapel Sanctuary on the New Likoni Road in Nairobi’s South B, is a gigantic landmark. Similar to the typical traditional communal gathering in African setting of a fireplace in the homestead, the church is built in the shape of a hexagon, giving the congregants a clear view of the pulpit at the centre of the building.

As the church grew to about 10,000 members, their sanctuary at Adams Arcade on Ngong’ Road became too small to accommodate the swelling numbers. That is when they bought the land on which the new sanctuary is standing.

According to senior pastor David Adeoye, the 15-acre land was purchased in the year 2000, and application sought for change of user from light industry to church.

The Winners Chapel architectural plan is adapted from a master plan from parent church, Faith Tabernacle, a 50,000-seater church in Lagos Nigeria. According to the former chairperson of the church building committee, Samuel Kimani, a contractor by profession, the architect for the master plan was Nigerian, Pastor Azubike Nwoke who has been endorsed locally.

The structural engineer was Iyk Ikechuku, who was also endorsed by local engineers. The construction started in 2005. The technical team leader Simon Njuguna says the six-sided sanctuary has a floor space of more than 17,000 square metres and sits on 2.5 acres. The strong corners act as anchorage points to support the roof, which approximately weighs 350 tonnes.

The shear walls at the six corners take up the horizontal loading of the roof trusses, creating a clear span of 100 metres without any obstruction of pillars in the sanctuary. Njuguna says this is the largest clear span in East and Central Africa.

The church has a sitting capacity of 12,000 but it can accommodate more people depending on seating arrangements. Thanks to engineering ingenuity, a balcony extends inward into the sanctuary as a cantilever of 5.42 metres to safely carry a load of 4,000 people.

Sink borehole

The six corners of the roof have concealed storage tanks of 40,000 litres each. Plans are underway to sink a borehole to provide efficient supply of clean water. An underground water tank will also be constructed to harvest rainwater with a capacity of 400,000 litres.

Kenya Power supplies electricity, but there is also a back up generator. Plans are in place to install solar and wind alternatives to save on energy. A toilet block or what they call the executive chamber of release is a one-storey building that sits on half-acre land and houses 66 toilets for the ladies and 25 for the gents and urinals enough for 45 men at one go.

The black cotton soil on the land proved a challenge to build on, so columns were sank to the rock to support the building. This created a space above the foundation, which could either be backfilled with approved soil or hard-core, which would have been expensive and the space unusable.

There was a structural redesigning and a basement was created facilitating multiple utility rooms for conference rooms and Sunday school classes. There are also tunnels, which the pastors use to access the sanctuary.

The basement is well lit. The doors bring in enough light and air into the basement and the opaque glass blocks on the slabs also aid in filtering more light.

The church has six entrances with seven double doors at each entrance. This eases the in-flow and out-flow of the congregants. The concrete paved driveway and parking has a capacity of 700 cars and is designed to minimise the conflict between pedestrians and incoming or outgoing vehicles. It will be extended to accommodate more vehicles. The project, which would have taken two years to build if fully funded, took eight years as the church raised funds without assistance from international donors. It was officially opened in April.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/amp/article/2000090988/magnificent-winners-chapel-sanctuary-on-the-new-likoni-road-a-gigantic-landmark

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
It is the biggest Church Auditorium in Central and East Africa and is located in Nairobi Kenya. From some indications it seems the Kenyan believers chose to build it by themselves without collecting money from Headquarters in Ota. May God bless my brothers and sisters from LFC, RCCG, MFM, Christ embassy, Deeperlife et al. You guys have really exported the message of Christ outside the shores of Nigeria.

Of course the important thing is not the building but the thousands of hearts panting for Christ in it. May the message of Jesus continue to Strengthen from coast to coast, nations to nations and for the intercessors, financiers, missionaries and labourers who make these things happen may our Lord Jesus reward you in heaven and also here on heart by meeting all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus..

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by fernandoc(m): 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
God is wonderful.

With faith you can move mountains.
With faith you reading this will build your own mega structure.
Nothing is impossible with God. Believe that.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Freeze007(m): 12:17am On Nov 22, 2017
Statsocial:
Winners Chapel auditorium. INSET: Pastor David Adeoye. [PHOTOS: COURTESY]
By WANGECI KANYEKI

The Winners Chapel Sanctuary on the New Likoni Road in Nairobi’s South B, is a gigantic landmark. Similar to the typical traditional communal gathering in African setting of a fireplace in the homestead, the church is built in the shape of a hexagon, giving the congregants a clear view of the pulpit at the centre of the building.

As the church grew to about 10,000 members, their sanctuary at Adams Arcade on Ngong’ Road became too small to accommodate the swelling numbers. That is when they bought the land on which the new sanctuary is standing.

According to senior pastor David Adeoye, the 15-acre land was purchased in the year 2000, and application sought for change of user from light industry to church.

The Winners Chapel architectural plan is adapted from a master plan from parent church, Faith Tabernacle, a 50,000-seater church in Lagos Nigeria. According to the former chairperson of the church building committee, Samuel Kimani, a contractor by profession, the architect for the master plan was Nigerian, Pastor Azubike Nwoke who has been endorsed locally.

The structural engineer was Iyk Ikechuku, who was also endorsed by local engineers. The construction started in 2005. The technical team leader Simon Njuguna says the six-sided sanctuary has a floor space of more than 17,000 square metres and sits on 2.5 acres. The strong corners act as anchorage points to support the roof, which approximately weighs 350 tonnes.

The shear walls at the six corners take up the horizontal loading of the roof trusses, creating a clear span of 100 metres without any obstruction of pillars in the sanctuary. Njuguna says this is the largest clear span in East and Central Africa.

The church has a sitting capacity of 12,000 but it can accommodate more people depending on seating arrangements. Thanks to engineering ingenuity, a balcony extends inward into the sanctuary as a cantilever of 5.42 metres to safely carry a load of 4,000 people.

Sink borehole

The six corners of the roof have concealed storage tanks of 40,000 litres each. Plans are underway to sink a borehole to provide efficient supply of clean water. An underground water tank will also be constructed to harvest rainwater with a capacity of 400,000 litres.

Kenya Power supplies electricity, but there is also a back up generator. Plans are in place to install solar and wind alternatives to save on energy. A toilet block or what they call the executive chamber of release is a one-storey building that sits on half-acre land and houses 66 toilets for the ladies and 25 for the gents and urinals enough for 45 men at one go.

The black cotton soil on the land proved a challenge to build on, so columns were sank to the rock to support the building. This created a space above the foundation, which could either be backfilled with approved soil or hard-core, which would have been expensive and the space unusable.

There was a structural redesigning and a basement was created facilitating multiple utility rooms for conference rooms and Sunday school classes. There are also tunnels, which the pastors use to access the sanctuary.

The basement is well lit. The doors bring in enough light and air into the basement and the opaque glass blocks on the slabs also aid in filtering more light.

The church has six entrances with seven double doors at each entrance. This eases the in-flow and out-flow of the congregants. The concrete paved driveway and parking has a capacity of 700 cars and is designed to minimise the conflict between pedestrians and incoming or outgoing vehicles. It will be extended to accommodate more vehicles. The project, which would have taken two years to build if fully funded, took eight years as the church raised funds without assistance from international donors. It was officially opened in April.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/amp/article/2000090988/magnificent-winners-chapel-sanctuary-on-the-new-likoni-road-a-gigantic-landmark

Lalasticlala

*LEADER OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU ANNOUNCED GOD'S BUDGET TO THE WORLD-3/10/1999*
"Every year Government announces their budget but today God want to declare His own BUDGET, and these budgets as override all other budgets in the whole world because the reign of the Holy Spirit has commence.

1. I want to let you know that right now God has stop the existence of Muslim one day you will wake up and ask where are those people that used to wear long garment and where Islamic worshipers, this is because very soon you won’t see them in Nigeria again. No Islamic worship anymore.

2.Today Obasanjo is ruling in Nigeria i want all Nigerians to know that he is not the one ruling but Christ is ruling, as such anyone that want to plan against him is planning against God.

3. Today I want to let you all know that the Capital of Nigeria shall return to Calabar, in Cross River State. And until it is return corruption will never stop in Nigeria this because the Seat of the Federal Capital Territory rightful belongs to Calabar and was corruptibly taken out.

4. Right now i have set up a government in Nigeria that will collect all this money that Governors, Senators, Minister and the rest have looted and take them oversea, that government I have set up shall investigate and bring looters to book, many of them shall be jail.

5. The whole world will use one currency and there will be one government by then there will be no more visa to travel to another country because everyone will unite.

6. I stand in the High heaven to declare Nigeria as the world Power, Nigeria shall be the world power and the white will come to Nigeria to seek for God.

7. Anyone who does not have an account at Mbukpa community Bank I advise you to go and do so because it will just be as a world bank when time comes.

8. My Next Budget is that till eternity, I repeat till eternity Nigeria will Never Separate, but it will continue to be one, Nothing like Biafra it won't be successful, this is because God is physically in Nigeria, the Holy Spirit is here so Nigeria won't divide.

9. I still want to repeat this that there will be no more successful coup, no more war in Nigeria, the only thing you will see from now on is police action.

10. Finally i made this statement before in 1991 and am repeating it again a Black Man shall Rule America.
That is God's Budget and until they come to pass heaven and earth shall never pass away.

THANK YOU FATHER

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by DangotePikin: 1:29am On Nov 22, 2017
Such a fine building. I'm particularly impressed that its the biggest church in east africa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 22, 2017
[sub][/sub]
DangotePikin:
Such a fine building. I'm particularly impressed that its the biggest church in east africa.
You are right! Funny enough they have the same level of vibrancy the mother church has here in Ota.

As per living faith structures the LFC church replicated the Catholic church's template of building churches. They don't build churches here and there(building churches here and there is also fine if it is God's instruction) rather they build big landmark buildings in every city. I have also seen their buildings in Houston, Texas and it is big and awesome. Their churches in Nigerian villages are equally quite big and distinctive too.

This is winners chapel Texas, one of the many fine Architectures they have in Western Countries. Since the minions of the devil believe Christianity can only thrive in Naija they should explain this massive influx here in texas cheesy

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by alfredo4u(m): 9:42am On Nov 22, 2017
Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by theunnamed: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2017
Go church right?
Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by kingPhidel(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2017
Me right now.. Praise master Jesus

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Dollabiz: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2017
Oh
Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by free2ryhme: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2017

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by absool(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2017
When your pastor is an architect

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Adakintroy: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2017
The truth about Christianity will one day surface.and all those who have stood as "God's generalls" will be brought down.

This pentecostal Christianity has lost its usefulness. It has become too radical, more like too mad. It was useful at one point no doubt. But not anymore.
Giving in churches, was simply meant to teach our heart to give, seeing that we are born again and need to learn this things anew until mastering comes. The church was place as a class room to learn mini practicals that we can later generalise to the outside world. Giving starts in the church no doubt, but it ends with other men.

Picture a classroom where you learn little practicals. That classroom is not the end place itself.

What the pentecostal church has succeeded in doing is keep the people at one point station. Not letting them expand till they indeed become like christ in good deeds. They let them concentrate their giving in one place. Which is for lack of better reference shallow and selfish.

GOD I KNOW WILL SEND REAL TEACHER'S SOON (He AlWAYS DOES) THAT WILL TEACH OUR HEARTS THE TRUE GOSPEL IN LOVE FAITH AND HOPE.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by IkpuMmadu: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2017
At least we can diversify our economy....through religious export

That's nice

We can convert Kenya shillings

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2017
chojoike2025:
to make money call or whatsapp the number below

Bros! for church post again,lol

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by kay29000(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2017
Interesting. I didn't know Oyedapo allowed his pastors grow this big.
Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by slowie(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2017
Daddy freeze and his congregation will not like this.

8 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by miqos02(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by joenor(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2017
Wow that's lovely

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by MorataFC: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2017
The LORD is Good.

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Mekanus(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2017
Africa sha, they keep spending huge amounts of money in building things that don't add value to human lives. Meanwhile there are no good hospitals.

11 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by anonimi: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2017
fernandoc:
God is wonderful.

With faith you can move mountains.
With faith you reading this will build your own mega structure.
Nothing is impossible with God. Believe that.

Christianity is not about building mega structures.
Read your Bible to gain knowledge and act accordingly to avoid perishing with these gods of men.

Matthew 25:31-46 King James Version (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A31-46&version=KJV

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by byemx06(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2017
chojoike2025:
to make money call or whatsapp the number below

guy get sence now.........wen u wan grow up??

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by BruncleZuma: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2017
Ohhhhh physicians heal thyselves
Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2017
Some weeks ago, Explorers brought mind stunning pics of a state of the art library in China.
In Africa what we celebrate are Church Arenas.
In China, Religion is almost banned, and it has grown to be the most worlds biggest economy, because they teach thier children the wonders of using their brain in solving thier �problems is while in Africa we teach our children how to fast and pray for our problems to disappear.

Truth is, these gullible sheeples and will still claim that God will punish china day for banning religion, but then China virtually feeds us all the tech we use to day and Appliances..so if God punishes China, wont we be the ones to suffer the punishment the most, since they are the ones that give us loans, build our road, sells us spare parts, etc.

Untill weAfricans discover that Religion blinds us, we will never move forward, to we are will keep feeding from the crumbs that fall from the end west.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by SWORD419(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2017
regional scam headquarters

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2017
Does the world need more churches?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by MorataFC: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2017
kay29000:
Hmm
who mess?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by kgr8mike(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2017
this is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Wonderland In Kenya In Pictures by anonimi: 9:49am On Nov 22, 2017
Mekanus:
Africa sha, they keep spending huge amounts of money in building things that don't add value to human lives. Meanwhile there are no good hospitals.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Those Who Will Miss RCCG Physical Convention / Which Of These Acts Are You Guilty Of While In The Church? / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.