Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On (5790 Views)

"My Wife Walked Out Of This Accident Without A Single Scratch" / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) / Double Deck Bendy Glass Bridge Looks Scary On Mountains In China(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2021
chukxie:

Yes, I am.
Racism level?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2021
Teslason:

Racism level?

I don't go out looking for racist experiences. I just stay on my line, and try to take in as much of the country, people, cultures and foods that I can absorb. Are there any racist people here? Of course. But so is it with every other country especially the ones that are highly homogeneous. It is what it is!

1 Like

Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
Teslason:

Made mistake with the language name...
So what type of work are you doing?

Procurement. And some ESL.
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
chukxie:

I don't go out looking for racist experiences. I just stay on my line, and try to take in as much of the country, people, cultures and foods that I can absorb. Are there any racist people here? Of course. But so is it with every other country especially the ones that are highly homogeneous. It is what it is!
The tribalism in Nigeria is worse than racism in other countries...
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2021
chukxie:

Procurement. And some ESL.
Is that English as a second Language?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Originalsly: 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nice. Does the bridge cross over a river?..canyon?... and does it connect two towns/villages? Besides the bridge... how is there another way to get from one side to the other? .. do locals use the bridge or is it mainly for sightseeing/tourism?... what else is of interest in the area? ... what is the community like?.... farmers?... traders? ... is it like really chilly at that height?.... just curious!
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 12:30am On Nov 27, 2021
Teslason:

Is that English as a second Language?

Gbamsolutely!
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 12:39am On Nov 27, 2021
Teslason:

The tribalism in Nigeria is worse than racism in other countries...

Gbam! As evidenced on Nairaland with shameless, spiteful, baleful tribalistic bigots running around unchecked.
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 1:52am On Nov 27, 2021
Originalsly:
Nice. Does the bridge cross over a river?..canyon?... and does it connect two towns/villages? Besides the bridge... how is there another way to get from one side to the other? .. do locals use the bridge or is it mainly for sightseeing/tourism?... what else is of interest in the area? ... what is the community like?.... farmers?... traders? ... is it like really chilly at that height?.... just curious!

You could make a good journalist by the way you framed your questions in multiple layers. Good one! The glass bridge is a tourist attraction that straddles across a valley. It is anchored between two mountains to allow tourists to literally walk from one mountain top to the other. For hikers, there are paved winding paths for them to walk on. From up there on a balmy weather, one can see different shades, patterns of rooftops of traditional Chinese and contemporary buildings of the farmers who live in the valley and nearby. One can also see beautiful green rice terraces on the lower sides of some mountains. When the rice is ready for harvesting, the terraces turn yellowish giving them an even more beautiful ambiance. And yes, it does get cold and misty up there so it is better to put on a light down jacket or a hoodie before going up on the bridge. What else? There are cabin houses for short stay, a hotel ( with golf carts and vans to convey people to/from the glass bridge attraction) restaurants, a barbeque campground, souvenirshops...in the community. It is fair to say the lives of the people in the community have been transformed for the better by the glass bridge.

1 Like

Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Originalsly: 6:42am On Nov 27, 2021
chukxie:

You could make a good journalist by the way you framed your questions in multiple layers. Good one! The glass bridge is a tourist attraction that straddles across a valley. It is anchored between two mountains to allow tourists to literally walk from one mountain top to the other. For hikers, there are paved winding paths for them to walk on. From up there on a balmy weather, one can see different shades, patterns of rooftops of traditional Chinese and contemporary buildings of the farmers who live in the valley and nearby. One can also see beautiful green rice terraces on the lower sides of some mountains. When the rice is ready for harvesting, the terraces turn yellowish giving them an even more beautiful ambiance. And yes, it does get cold and misty up there so it is better to put on a light down jacket or a hoodie before going up on the bridge. What else? There are cabin houses for short stay, a hotel ( with golf carts and vans to convey people to/from the glass bridge attraction) restaurants, a barbeque campground, souvenirshops...in the community. It is fair to say the lives of the people in the community have been transformed for the better by the glass bridge

Got the picture! ... you're a good word artist!
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2021
Originalsly:

Got the picture! ... you're a good word artist!

Thanks. Glad I could answer your questions.

1 Like

Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
chukxie:

Gbam! As evidenced on Nairaland with shameless, spiteful, baleful tribalistic bigots running around unchecked.
Nigeria isn't the only multi tribal nation in the world...
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
chukxie:

Gbamsolutely!
Which state are you in?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Originalsly: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Have you ever left Guangzhou?.... Guangdong? Is there like a Nigerian/African "community " in Guangzhou?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teaser4(m): 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2021
I can never go near that bridge….
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2021
Teslason:

Which state are you in?

Down south. Planning on stopping by?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2021
chukxie:

Down south. Planning on stopping by?
Not flying yet....
Just want to know how beautiful your place is...
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
Teslason:

Not flying yet....
Just want to know how beautiful your place is...

COVID-19 has clipped everyone's wings from taking to the skies! I miss international travelling. China is a beautiful and functional country - everyone, agencies,departments...all seem to know what their responsibilities, and when to carry them out. I wish Nigeria were like that, too.
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2021
Originalsly:
Have you ever left Guangzhou?.... Guangdong? Is there like a Nigerian/African "community " in Guangzhou?

Sure! I've been to Xiamen, Shenzhen, Changsha, Wuhan,Chengdu, Sanya, Qingdao, Jinan, Jilin, Harbin, Inner Mongolia, Gansu, Xinjiang,Qinghai, Shanghai, Beijing, Yunnan, Guangxi ( Guilin), Hong Kong, Macau...There used to be a thriving African community at XiaoBei Lu in Guangzhou but Convid-19 and stringent visa policies have adversely affected the community.

1 Like

Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Originalsly: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
chukxie:

Sure! I've been to Xiamen, Shenzhen, Changsha, Wuhan,Chengdu, Sanya, Qingdao, Jinan, Jilin, Harbin, Inner Mongolia, Gansu, Xinjiang,Qinghai, Shanghai, Beijing, Yunnan, Guangxi ( Guilin), Hong Kong, Macau...There used to be a thriving African community at XiaoBei Lu in Guangzhou but Convid-19 and stringent visa policies have adversely affected the community.

Bro... you didn't had to list all those unpronounceable names to jam my brain ....... now I have a headache! A workmate (Chinese) had told me most Blacks are pretty much in Guangzhou .... outside of there Chinese generally ..... generally blatantly discriminate against Blacks. Did you experience any of this in your travels to the unpronounceable places you listed?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
chukxie:

COVID-19 has clipped everyone's wings from taking to the skies! I miss international travelling. China is a beautiful and functional country - everyone, agencies,departments...all seem to know what their responsibilities, and when to carry them out. I wish Nigeria were like that, too.
No visionary leader...
How was S. Korea when you traveled there?
Anywhere near China development?
What made you choose China alas?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 6:42am On Nov 28, 2021
Teslason:

No visionary leader...
How was S. Korea when you traveled there?
Anywhere near China development?
What made you choose China alas?

South Korea is highly developed probably slightly more developed than China because of its relative small size and population. I left South Korea for an ESL job in Chengdu, China. And I'm still here several years after! What do you do?
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2021
Originalsly:

Bro... you didn't had to list all those unpronounceable names to jam my brain ....... now I have a headache! A workmate (Chinese) had told me most Blacks are pretty much in Guangzhou .... outside of there Chinese generally ..... generally blatantly discriminate against Blacks. Did you experience any of this in your travels to the unpronounceable places you listed?

Hahaha! Pardon me!
Yes, Guangzhou is the go-to city for blacks, Arabs and other business-minded immigrants because of its proximity to the international airport, seaport; factories, markets, logistic companies etc. Prior to COVID-19, there were quite a number of Nigeria restaurants where Nigerian cuisines, drinks and beverages were sold. Also, there were Nigerian owned shops where foodstuffs, and everyday items from Nigeria were sold. Sadly, COVID-19 and unfavorable visa policies have almost put a lid on all that. These days most of the shops selling Nigerian foodstuffs and everyday items are mostly run by Chinese women married to Nigerian men while some are run wholly by Chinese citizens. Speaking of racism, I can say I've had a few experiences of racism. On the Guangzhou metro, it is common to see Chinese people not sitting near a foreigner especially a black foreigner. Sometimes a bench meant for say six passengers would be left unoccupied simply because a black foreigner was sitting on it. Sometimes two spaces to the foreigner would be left unoccupied. Other times nobody gives a shit, everybody's sitting on every available sitting spot. Such displays of ignorance do get to one, I must confess. However, I must emphasize this isn't a general behaviour. For example in Shanghai and Beijing where I've ridden the metro a couple of times, nobody gave me a second look. I think it is fair to say most of the racist behaviours of Chinese people are borne out of ignorance of the world outside of their bubble due to restriction of information. Also, a great number of rural dwellers (migrant workers) are constantly moving to urban areas and megacities for work; such people have never had any exposures to foreigners so it is natural to see them acting weirdly. On the flip side, the average Chinese person is nice. I've been treated like royalty on some of my trips across China. There was this one unforgettable moment while travelling in Harbin (Ice City), my wife, daughter and I ran into a group of giggly middle-aged women who were posing for photos. On seeing me, they all came over excitedly and politely asked if they could take photos with me, and I obliged them. The celebrity moment was fun! I have been offered offered drinks, food, cigarettes (I don't smoke) by locals I encountered on some of my trips in China. I have also be pointed the right way when I lost my way; shown the nearest subway exit/entrance; shown that important building I just couldn't find. One time in Dongguan some years ago, a police patrol car showed up at the bus stop where I was waiting for a bus home, and asked I be driven home by them. On the way one of the officers told me they saw from the CCTV cameras at the bus stop two men trying to pick my wallet. Such astonishing moments are difficult to forget; they help one to overcome or mitigate any bouts of racism one would experience or has experienced. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2021
chukxie:

South Korea is highly developed probably slightly more developed than China because of its relative small size and population. I left South Korea for an ESL job in Chengdu, China. And I'm still here several years after! What do you do?
Cool!
I'm a student.
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by chukxie(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
Teslason:

Cool!
I'm a student.

Nice! Good luck in your endeavours!
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Teslason(m): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
chukxie:

Nice! Good luck in your endeavours!
And you too sir!
Enjoy your stay in my favorite Asian country.
Re: Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
Hi! @op, you got any idea if international students can now enter China?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Receives 5,219 Stranded Nigerians From Niger, Libya, Others / How Much To Get A China Invitation Letter / Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.