Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Does Bible Really Say Salvation Is By Blood Alone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Bible Really Say Salvation Is By Blood Alone? (317 Views)

Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Bible Really Say Salvation Is By Blood Alone? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 22, 2017
IS SALVATION BY BLOOD ONLY? NO, IT IS NOT

By what did Jesus come to the world? By water and blood

1 John 5:4-8 says, “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world―our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? THIS IS HE WHO CAME BY WATER AND BLOOD―Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three who bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.”

Dear Christians, what is your testimony of Him as your Savior? It is none other than the faith in the Son of God who came by water and blood. What is the victory that overcomes the world? It is none other than the power of faith in the water and the blood. It is Jesus Christ who came by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that bears witness, for the Spirit is the truth. There are three things that bear witness on earth: the water, the blood, and the Spirit. And these three agree as one. Jesus came to this world in the flesh, He was baptized and died on the Cross to save us from eternal damnation. The proof that God, our Creator, became the Savior of all sinners is in the gospel of the water and the Spirit which saves us all. It is our proof that Jesus, who came to this world as the Spirit in the flesh, was baptized at the Jordan to take on to Himself all our sins, and bled on the Cross in accepting the judgment for our sins. Thus, He saved all who believe in Him. This is the original gospel of the water and the Spirit.

WHAT IS THE WATER AND THE BLOOD WHICH BEARS WITNESS TO GOD’S SALVATION?

What is the counterpart of the circumcision described in the Old Testament? The baptism of Jesus The water refers to the baptism of Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament, the baptism of Jesus meant circumcision. The counterpart of circumcision in the Old Testament is the baptism of Jesus in the New Testament. The proof that all the sins of the world were passed on to Jesus is in the baptism of Jesus. Anyone who believes in this truth is able to stand before God and say with a good conscience, “You are my Savior, My Lord because I believe in Your baptism and Your blood, the gospel of the water and the Spirit. Therefore, I have no sin. I am a child of God and You are my Savior.” We are able to profess this with true faith. The reason we are able to say this is because of our faith in the baptism of Jesus and His blood. What is the word that allows us to be born again? It is the baptism of Jesus and His blood on the Cross, which is the testimony of salvation in our hearts. This is the gospel of being born again of water and the Spirit. Dear Christians, I ask you again, “Can a sinner be saved solely through belief in the blood of Christ?” No. Salvation requires not just belief in His death on the Cross. It is only through belief in both the water and the blood ― the gospel of the water and the Spirit ― that sinners can be born again. Let me now refer you to the Bible, which talks about the water or in other words the baptism of Jesus. 1 Peter 3:21-22 says, “There is also an antitype which now saves us, namely baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.” The apostle Peter testified that the baptism of Jesus was the antitype which saves us, and it was also the proof of salvation from sin. Just as the people of Israel believed in the word of God and cut off their foreskin to become children of God in Old Testament times, the baptism of Jesus saves us from all our sins in the time of the New Testament. Therefore circumcision in the Old Testament and the baptism of Jesus in the New Testament are one and the same. Do you all now believe that the baptism of Jesus is indeed the same as circumcision? As it is written in 1 Peter 3:21, there is also an antitype which now saves us, namely baptism. Can you argue with the written word of God? How is it that we, who live in this world, can be free of sin? It is only because Jesus Christ was baptized to fulfill all righteousness that salvation from sin is available to us. Matthew 3:15 says, “For thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.”. Because all the sins of the world were passed on to Jesus, all who believe in Him are now without sin. We can all become righteous by accepting the truth that all our sins were passed on to Jesus through His baptism. Jesus Christ took all our sins on to Himself and died on the Cross to save us from all judgment. Dear friends, the two things that save all sinners from their sins are the WATER AND THE BLOOD. His taking on of our sins and His dying for us on the Cross are the two main things that Jesus Christ did for us during the 3 years of His public ministry in this world. John 1:29 says, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” Jesus Christ was baptized to take away the sin of the world and died on the Cross to atone for our transgressions. Jesus is the Son of God, and as the Creator, He fulfilled the covenant of circumcision that God made in the Old Testament by taking away the sins of the world. Anyone who believes in his heart the gospel of the baptism of Jesus, the water and the blood shall be born again of water and the Spirit. And the Lord shall become the Savior to all those who believe. Thank the Lord, Hallelujah! Jesus fulfilled our salvation as God had promised, and He saved us from all the sins of the world. Jesus baptism is the equivalent of circumcision in the old testament. Read more by downloading this [url=/paulp_en2]EBOOK[/url] to your phone's and PC or order for hard copies on the website of the New Life Mission.

(1) (Reply)

Church Of Sweden Tells Pastors To Stop Referring To God As 'he' Or 'lord' / Mbaka: I'll Take Stern Measures Against My Members Who Do Not Have Voters' Cards / God Will Save You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.