Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,982 members, 7,866,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome (1723 Views)

Beware Of House On The Rock Church & It's Members / Church: It Is Time To Shake Off The Distraction / Should Be Possible To Practice Christianity Without Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by petra1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
paxonel:

Not just because of tithe
But also errors like others i mentioned previously.

Have you ever thought you could be the one in error?

This Hebrews 10:25 was at the time when there were no excesses found among the leaders of THE CHURCH back then, when things were far better as it is now.

You’re wrong . The early church had many issues .to the point some were stealing some even sleep with their fathers wife. There ware false brethren , false apostles etc . That is not enough reason for people not to go to church .

But always know that believers reserve the right to be on their own when church leaders are becoming questionable.

The Bible should be your guide . Your counsel is dangerous . People must go to church . Without the gathering together there is no church or Christianity . It is a fellowship together . One person can never be the church
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
petra1:

Have you ever thought you could be the one in error?

You’re wrong . The early church had many issues .to the point some were stealing some even sleep with their fathers wife. There ware false brethren , false apostles etc . That is not enough reason for people not to go to church .

The Bible should be your guide . Your counsel is dangerous . People must go to church . Without the gathering together there is no church or Christianity . It is a fellowship together . One person can never be the church
You that lack the capacity to think did i say that the early church did not have issues?

When Jesus says i will build my church what did he meant?
If you think he meant he will gather people into religious activities then you should know that the Jews have gathered in their synagues for greater religious activities long before Jesus came to die and God was not moved anymore.

If you truly allow your bible to be your guide without any sentiment what says the scripture?

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither IN THIS MOUNTAIN(the place were samaritans gather to worship) , nor yet AT JERUSALEM(the place where Solomon temple was built, where the Jews gather to worship) worship the Father.

Now, if you think all i have been saying since is dangerous, then this statement of Jesus should be more dangerous to you.

I'm not against gathering where the pastor is doing well. But when the pastor is a bunk, you reserve the right to leave the church for him, nobody will slap you.

Unfortunately, all pastors in Nigeria are bunks.
All of them grin

1 Like

Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 7:43am On Nov 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the belief totally revealed by God with power to save man, I.e God's religion is called Christianity
You mean Adam, Abraham, David, Daniel and the rest were Christians?
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 7:49am On Nov 25, 2017
Saverin:

there is no hellfire
Why then are you scared?
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2017
paxonel:

This is exactly what I'm saying?
How can you be going to church from your childhood till now yet you still do not know that you are saved?
That means you have not been thought.
That's why you find yourself keep going.
For how long?

Obviously, something is very wrong with that kinda system
Lolzzzz. Were we told to stop going to Church when we get saved?

And you are an alien to this system, so you shd stop concerning yourself with it's tenets.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Saverin: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2017
godisgood200:

Why then are you scared?

scared?

As a matter of fact, I am energized
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2017
Saverin:

scared?

As a matter of fact, I am energized
The consolation of a dying man.

You totally ignore it and walj on if it doesn't scare you.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Saverin: 9:43am On Nov 25, 2017
godisgood200:

The consolation of a dying man.

You totally ignore it and walj on if it doesn't scare you.

sorry, I didn't know you belonged to the class of orange seed grows on your head bullshit!

Allah is my friend, Christ is my friend, Krishna is my friend.. That's this code I live by.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by paxonel(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2017
godisgood200:

Lolzzzz. Were we told to stop going to Church when we get saved?

And you are an alien to this system, so you shd stop concerning yourself with it's tenets.

Who says I'm alien to the system?
Get me right !
1. You have been saved ever since Christ was crucified since 2000 years ago. Not from the time you were born and baptized into the church you are attending now.

2.You will get know this from your pastor or through reading your bible that you were already saved. Otherwise, you will still be thinking that until you meet up to a particular standard of morality thought by your pastors in church that's when you will be saved.

3. By the time you understand that you were already saved either from your pastor or from the bible. Your pastor can further teach you how to be morally upright from the scriptures when there is need(this is were Nigerian pastors have failed. As a result, there is moral decedence in the country). After knowing all these things which they should not take you less than one year to know them, then the church have achieved all it's purpose in your life, you don't need anything else again.
By this, you have fulfilled the two greatest laws
a. Love God with all your heart
b. Love your neighbour as yourself

4. If you now decide to stop going, the church have no right to hold you back.

Now, it is useless to still remain in church after knowing everything
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2017
Saverin:

sorry, I didn't know you belonged to the class of orange seed grows on your head bullshit!

Allah is my friend, Christ is my friend, Krishna is my friend.. That's this code I live by.
Which class is Orange seed grows on your head?

What does it mean to have Christ as a friend?
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
godisgood200:

You mean Adam, Abraham, David, Daniel and the rest were Christians?
yeah, they were the Church in their time.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by godisgood200: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:
yeah, they were the Church in their time.
Bros, YHWH never gave anyone a religion, all of these people were called by God into a fellowship, relationship. Nothing else.

When He created Adam, he handed him a Kingdom to rule over. Adam lost it, Jesus restored it.

Jesus never gave anyone a religion but a Kingdom. Jesus never had any other message apart the Kingdom.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
John:15:7

Abiding in each other is a relationship sir.
Re: Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome by flexybobo: 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
We have ignored church in our christian life a long time ago and move on

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warning To Seun Osewa / Since God Can't Heals Amputees, Science Will. / Prophecies For 2020 By Prophetess Beatrice Deborah Hephzibah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.