Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

7 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus. (497 Views)

ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus / We Have Sex 4times Everyday, Now My BF Is Tired 200L Unijos Student Needs Advice / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus. by Mhiztamurtala(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Over time you will realize that there are certain skills every student needs to survive university campus in Nigeria.

Without these skills, you might end up struggling till you learn it the hard way. I suggest you devote time to mastering these skills just before you head to campus.

How do you combine your lectures and a part-time job? Or to create a side hustle while still in school? What about getting to pass exams even without attending class? Finally, how do you get to enjoy yourself like others even with a small monthly allowance?

Nobody will teach you all these, either you learn right now or you learn from experience.

I have compiled a list of necessary skills every student needs to have if you must survive in the campus. In case I miss any point, feel free to add up yours.

1. Cramming

Imagine you show up in school just a few days to exams after a lengthy period outside the school. How do you get to tag along and still make good grades?

I wouldn’t advise you go into the exam hall feeling so blank, or asking how an equation was derived. You should know what you need to write, the rest will sort itself out at the appropriate time.

Cramming is a skill that needs to be mastered and utilized properly. As a young undergraduate, I used it so well and ended up with a very high second class result.

The only negative aspect of it is that; immediately after the purpose of cramming is passed, you forget everything you crammed.

2. Begging Skills

This covers all aspect of your student life. After skipping classes and you need someone to teach you all has been taught?

Reaching out to a friend to borrow you some money for Friday nights out? Or selling fake stories to your parents to get an extra allowance. All in all, you need all those white lies to get what you want without stress.

3. Endurance skills

If there is a skill you would need, it should be endurance skills.

Have you ever imagined standing up and receiving a lecture for 2-hrs just because you want to sign an attendance register?

Or line up the in bank for 5-hrs just to pay your school fees? Or even worse, fight in the long line just to run your clearance before an exam? You would surely need endurance skills in any Nigerian institution you find yourself.

4. Budgeting

Read More @

https://www.edutips.com.ng/2017/11/7-skills-every-nigerian-student-needs.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Things You Can Do If You Don't Gain Admission / Promacedor Increase Prize Money For The Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition / God, Google, Copy & Paste Made It Possible, Fresh UNI JOS Graduate Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.