Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) (92274 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo's House In Omu-Aran, His Hometown In Kwara (Photos) / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by buchilino(m): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
careytommy7:

I have a picture of them eating in their homes. I'm sure you'll also like to see that.

UR NOT A SERIOUS HUMAN BEING. AM TALKING ABOUT VIDEO OF D "PASTORS" PREACHING. UR TELLING ME PICTURE OF DEM EATING. DONT EVEN NO Y AM TALKING 2 U.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Siscooh: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
God punish enemies. Pastor Chris has served God very well and God is adding all other things, then people who are anti God are acting as if Pastor Chris is the State Government in charge of local roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
geopappe:
When did church start paying tax
When they buy material that has been taxed at borders and factories.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
Mysselff2:

And apart from that, is Pastor Chris the government,shame on the OP.OshiomhOLE that ugly fugly blackish midget is from Auchi area and he was governor for 8 years,so you want to tell me he did not go to those areas to campaign and he did not go to those areas for social ,family reasons,so HOW DID HE GO ?? He was the one in charge of the state treasury,so what didhe do with the funds abi does he want to say NOI took it from him again.Useless ugly short man devil.

As for the man that wrote this story, he needs to be slapped hard to reformat his brain to think well
I don't think this is about Oshiomole. Roads need constant maintenance because they are constantly wearing off.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
robotix:
You are a fool. Do you know the amount of Government dignitaries that these men have access to? Do you know how much they receive from these same people in top political positions? Why can't they use their influence to make that road motorable by talking to government?

Don't forget Martin Luther was also a pastor but he fought for the blacks....
Who is the fool here? Roads need maintenance and even if fixed at the spot OP posted another spot will become just as bad in a short time. Think before typing next time bros.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You have employed your high intelligence in the service of evil men.

In case you don't know, Europe and America was / is built on the philanthropic foundations. The people identify areas of need and direct resources into those areas before they buy publicly flaunt their wealth.

The worst thing in the world is a slave who loves his master
Stop exargerating irrelevant facts bros. What percentage of Europe did philantropy help build? You think we all reason alike ?
What is being used within the church is a tiny fraction of what the govt wastes. Let us stop this blind hate of the church.

1 Like

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
Standing5:
Stop exargerating irrelevant facts bros. What percentage of Europe did philantropy help build? You think we all reason alike ?
What is being used within the church is a tiny fraction of what the govt wastes. Let us stop this blind hate of the church.

Google is your friend.
Go and find out how many schools, public houses, parks , universities, hospitals etc are supported by endowments and gifts.
Your yahoo yahoo pastor has been called out and you are as usual defending him.
I don't hate the church. I don't even hate Yahoo pastors. ( I think Chris is a fine crook who knows his job well )
What I feel is astonishment that people like you have blinded themselves to the happenings around and enslaved themselves to one man.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
oluwakayode25:

Amazingly GOD makes it rain on both the good and the bad..He does not say rain fall on only Mr A's joys because Mr B who is his neighbour is bad...I don't like pointing fingers but I think to whom much is given much is expected.
Exactly. To whom much is given, much is expected.
We have seen cases where a certain religion and its followers use public fund to sponsor building of religious house. That isn't the case here. Let govt perform its duty with tax and stop prying into the affair of the church.

1 Like

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by tanidabi: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
checkedout:

Nigerians what happened to your Govt
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
Afrojuju2017:

When God fed the thousands with two loafs of bread and fish in rather certain many of those may not have had faith on his message but came to hear it were in. The vicinity.

Jesus was not sent for the saved but for the sinner, when your progenitors received education from the Catholic and Anglican missions was it their tax-money used to fund such missions !
You making next to no sense bros. If you tax what people pay into the church after taxing the payers of these money at their point of earning it then you are taxing Christians twice and leaving others to sit back and wait for the proceeds of this injustice.

1 Like

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Standing5(m): 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
9JATEMPEST:
Nigerians pay more tithe %10 of their income and experts in %3 tax evasion yet want Nigeria to be like London abi?

Receive sense
Give unto Ceasar what is his. Christians pay what the govt demands as theirs. If govt feels the church people can pay above 10% then it should demand it from all citizens and not just Pastors and Christians alone.

1 Like

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Classic516: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
oz4real83:
tithes and offerings are not forced on individuals but your taxes are forced. U can even go to jail if u dont pay taxes or u under-remit taxes. Why not direct your post to the govt who collects your taxes and does nothing but openly loots your taxes for personal ventures? The money our national assembly members used to buy illegal vehicles that they have already collected car allowance for,would have gone far on that road. Americans and other Europeans don't direct their grievances to rich religious leaders but to elected officials! Learn to do the same. What stops u from starting your own church today and use your tithes and offerings to fix Nigerian roads
. another pastor in the making
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Classic516: 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
totorimi:
We truly need prayers.
I need a girlfriend.... Serious one my brother
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Turbocharged: 3:06am On Nov 24, 2017
OBIGS:
ur a fish. very soon some 1 hook will catch you. Better don't quote me again or I will change it for you fulltime

You will change it for me ? As in?
If your mama born you well, make make we jam face2face.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Turbocharged: 3:39am On Nov 24, 2017
jchioma:

Look! We are not absolving the govt of their responsibilities. But there is what is known as CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility. If I am in the man of god's shoes, I will do better. This is the only road leading to his village. The injunction: Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven is still valid.

Take Oyedepo as example: https://www.nairaland.com/4193431/living-faith-church-construct-four

First of all, Madam, I don't want to compare one pastor's work with another because I am not the one that called them.
Secondly, CSR is not restricted to repairing roads for his village people. But let quickly remind you that I have seen his churches commission a lot of projects that will benefit peoples during those their October 1st programs. I also in from hear when he donated a lecture block to Ambrose Alli University, and a 1 billion Naira donation to Benson Idahosa University to build an Engineering Department. I wonder if those ones are not Corporate Social Responsibility? If they are not, please tell me what they are.
Lastly, the same bible that said "let your light so shine..." also said "remove the log of wood in your eyes first, before seeking to remove the speckin another's".
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by OBIGS(m): 6:31am On Nov 24, 2017
Turbocharged:

You will change it for me ? As in?
If your mama born you well, make make we jam face2face.
no p. How can We meet. I dey borno
Or send me ur location
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Mimifumsy: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2017
The attack on the Church is rising with unnecessary things been used to attack it.

Why can't we call on the Muslim kings with strong political influence to appeal to the government to repair the road leading to their domain.

That was same road VP Osinbajo and Dangote pass to the cement project.

The immediate past Minister of Works (Mike Onolemen) can also appeal to the govt that the road to his place needs repair.

Adams Oshiomole takes that road to his village every time and with his political influence why can't he influence the repair.

The Deputy Governor of the state takes that road to his village every time.

And lastly Buhari used a Helicopter to Oshiomole wedding because of the bad state of the FEDERAL ROAD.

Then why picking on Pastor Chris when the people that suppose to repair or influence the repair use the road regularly but are not bothered because they have the money to change their car when it gets bad.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2017
why is the government there?
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2017
I am close to his street
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by donnie(m): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Gudlite:

I hate when people abuse men of God that God Himself lifted up.You don't know what this man has sacrificed to get to where he is today.Besides he has genuine source of income as author of thousands of books that are sold world wide both hard and soft copies.
Please watch your words before you attract the wrath of God.

Funny enough he doesn't even get a dime from any book or audiovisual sale.

There are directors in charge of these ministries who are fully in charge. We're talking about someone who stopped collecting salary in the nineties.

There are several senior pastors in the ministry who like him have stopped receiving salaries. They put to work this sowing and reaping principle.

He is the Spiritual head of CE and oversees all but he isn't the administrative head.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by donnie(m): 9:33am On Nov 24, 2017
Turbocharged:

First of all, Madam, I don't want to compare one pastor's work with another because I am not the one that called them.
Secondly, CSR is not restricted to repairing roads for his village people. But let quickly remind you that I have seen his churches commission a lot of projects that will benefit peoples during those their October 1st programs. I also in from hear when he donated a lecture block to Ambrose Alli University, and a 1 billion Naira donation to Benson Idahosa University to build an Engineering Department. I wonder if those ones are not Corporate Social Responsibility? If they are not, please tell me what they are.
Lastly, the same bible that said "let your light so shine..." also said "remove the log of wood in your eyes first, before seeking to remove the speckin another's".

It wasn't a lecture block o.. shocked It was a state of the art lecture theater fully finished with air conditioners and generator. News was all over the internet.

They're just envious of him. Period.

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by segunojo866: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2017
crownedrookie:

So... you are an atheist because most Nigerian pastors are bad and you can't give them ur time and money? Kai. Dunno which set are worse. Facebook feminists or nairaland atheists
nothing is wrong in atheism
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2017
segunojo866:
nothing is wrong in atheism
And where did I say something was wrong with atheism? Besides, I spoke of two things and you jumped to the defence of only one... So... something wrong with feminism?
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by petchi: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
Don't Edo has Governor.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Mysselff2: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Standing5:
I don't think this is about Oshiomole. Roads need constant maintenance because they are constantly wearing off.

So whose duty is it to fix the road,the government (OshiomhOLE) or a non resident indigene

Abeg Thunder fire anybody wey wan confuse this matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by ChineduKodjoSha: 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
9jakohai:

So,unelected pastors should run the country in place of the elected secular govt?

The weird thing is that it isn't the job of a rich pastor, corrupt as he is, to repair government roads. Nor is it the job of a rich but ethical atheist.

You can complain when pastors like chris run for office and get elected.

Worldly riches are not only for us to enjoy, they are also for us to share with those in need:

“Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works,.....
Not simply to rich..but RICH IN GOOD WORKS ...

Would it not be a GOOD WORK.... to repair a road for the benefit of others?...regardless of whose job it is? .....especially when he has the OBVIPUS means? And is by birth INTIMATELY connected to.the area in question? He certainly wouldn't lose his entire fortune.... it would Be a mere drop in the bucket for a man of his means.....
This ..

So-called holy bible instructs.....

to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed” (1 Tim. 6:18-19).

In the early chapters of Acts the actions of the Christians of selling their goods and meeting the needs of other Christians proved in a tangible way the reality of their faith and the strength of the bond between Christians.

The bible instructs that Money is a stewardship. Rather than viewing money as an indication of spirituality, or that spirituality guarantees prosperity (1 Tim. 6:5), money is
a stewardship,

something that is to be wisely used and invested, rather than hoarded or lavished upon ourselves
James 5:1-6;
1 Tim. 6:18-19;
Luke 16:1-13; 19:11-27
#WWJD
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
ChineduKodjoSha:

Worldly riches are not only for us to enjoy, they are also for us to share with those in need:

“Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works,.....
Not simply to rich..but RICH IN GOOD WORKS ...

Would it not be a GOOD WORK.... to repair a road for the benefit of others?...regardless of whose job it is? .....especially when he has the OBVIPUS means? And is by birth INTIMATELY connected to.the area in question? He certainly wouldn't lose his entire fortune.... it would Be a mere drop in the bucket for a man of his means.....
This ..

So-called holy bible instructs.....

to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed” (1 Tim. 6:18-19).

In the early chapters of Acts the actions of the Christians of selling their goods and meeting the needs of other Christians proved in a tangible way the reality of their faith and the strength of the bond between Christians.

The bible instructs that Money is a stewardship. Rather than viewing money as an indication of spirituality, or that spirituality guarantees prosperity (1 Tim. 6:5), money is
a stewardship,

something that is to be wisely used and invested, rather than hoarded or lavished upon ourselves
James 5:1-6;
1 Tim. 6:18-19;
Luke 16:1-13; 19:11-27
#WWJD

I agree with you, BUT, the govt Still has a duty to fix that road first.

It is what we voted them for.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by DeavonP(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
osazsky:
and y don't immans tell d govt wat to do.how many immans have fixed roads hyprocrites

I didn't get your texts...I have difficulties reading bad English. You should arrange your words well or provided you work on your spellings.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Dineneering(f): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2017
nwosu1982:
Do you pay tax? V u paid b4?

We may happen to find ourselves together in same country but our reasoning capacity might not be the same. If you don't pay taxes
, I do.
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
Analee:
abeg leave dat talk,d OPM pastor who brought nepalight in aluu,r u telln me dat ppl livin der all des yrs has nt been payn bills/taxes?or dnt we ve govt n rivers?ppl living in aluu are dey tithers n opm?daz nt an excuse.

Pls how much is the tfare from Rumuokoro junction to OPM? Thanks
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Analee(f): 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
raphafire:

Pls how much is the tfare from Rumuokoro junction to OPM? Thanks
taxi is 200,bus is 150
Re: The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
Analee:
taxi is 200,bus is 150

Thanks so much..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Are Christians Such Liars? / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Ruth Ifunanya Muoka And Lucky Oha Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.