Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" (46281 Views)

Why Do People Keep Graduating With Useless Certificates In Nigeria? / HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination / If You Are Been Offered 15 Nillion Dollars To Burn Your Certicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by paradigmshift(m): 11:45am On Nov 23, 2017
40kobo77:
He has a point.

HND is a joke in Nigeria,and as far as I am concerned, they should all do direct entry to the University to get a Bachelor's.

The worst University in Nigeria, is better than the best Polythecnic.

All Poly graduates suffer from inferiority complex,and are usually bitter for the rest of their lives,as if we told them to attend the Joke called Polythecnics.

your University is not Better than my school pti
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by obatoro: 11:45am On Nov 23, 2017
I once conducted interview for Bsc holders and I wondered how some of them got their certificates.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Augiiee(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
legendte:
He is a product of a failed system. Don't be surprised he made third class. I wish I went to Polytechnic first. University is overrated in Nigeria.
So...you're saying d standard in poly is higher than that found in university in Nigeria?, if so, then you must be on the same drugs as that Corper
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by adubam(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
obatoro:
I once conducted interview for Bsc holders and I wondered how some of them got their certificates.

I am an Accountant by profession. I have HND and about to add ACA to it. Since I graduated, jobs have been chasing me. I turned many job interviews. All my assistants have been Bsc graduates. I don't think the Bsc graduates in Accounting learn more Accounting principles and IFRS than their HND counterparts. It is on record that HND holders in Accounting in Nigeria have more Chartered members both in ICAN and ACCA. BSc is never inferior to HND and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by aspirebig: 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Well this is so unfortunate ..... but the truth is that HND graduated keeps trying and they are being marginalized daily...#fact...but then you can switch after OND to direct entry, then 3 years in the Uni instead of another 2 in Poly but lots of people will not they will say no money, I cannot spend another 3 years again schooling....my mates are working and helping their parents already and younger ones but the person will finish the HND and still go back to either NOUN or weekends degree stuff just to get a degree....Too bad.

It was the difficulty to get Uni admmision then that made many enter Poly.

I won't advice any one to burn his or hèr certificate but rather pray for favour afterall...not all University graduates are gainfully employed...

People still get good jobs with HND but not always ....once you are through with your HND, go for you post graduates immediately and do your PGD. ...then Msc and MBA as preferred. ..

Behind the certficate .... I think your circles is what really matters. ...as in your connections. Then ultimately papa God favour.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Codes151(m): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
People get masters Dey Dey hustle

This bingo Dey yarn trash... boy way never see anything yet!! I laugh u...
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by monalsian(f): 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
people and their shallow way of thinking.who told u HND is not relevant? I am a BSC holder working in a government organization ..both bsc and HND at entry level are placed on grade salary level 8.so what is the difference? bear in mind also that most bsc holders can't even defend their certificate.remember success is not even measured by what certificate you have.thank u
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by akaahs(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
40kobo77:
He has a point.

HND is a joke in Nigeria,and as far as I am concerned, they should all do direct entry to the University to get a Bachelor's.

All Poly graduates suffer from inferiority complex,and are usually bitter for the rest of their lives,as if we told them to attend the Joke called Polythecnics.
Just like ur suffering from inferiority complex and miserable in life doesn't mean that everybody ll b like u.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by fineyemi(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
unitysheart:
Were. I work with HND cert in an oil company.
And u face discrimination, isn't it?
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by fineyemi(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Ngene44:
how is it useless? What have you achieved with your B.sc? Name them pls. I am a poly product and currently doing my PhD.
U are currently running ur Phd and u didn't have a Bsc, How did u do it?

ND, HND, PGD,Msc, PhD. Is that possible at all?
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by fineyemi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
akaahs:

Just like ur suffering from inferiority complex and miserable in life doesn't mean that everybody ll b like u.
The guy is actually saying d truth, if we reason with him
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by dammyluv911(f): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
40kobo77:
He has a point.

certificate does nt define destiny
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by chycess(f): 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
did u see[b] ''come and beat me up again'[/b]' shocked shocked
aye le o......
ibosi o.....
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by BYEI(m): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
Seriously I don't think it's necessary for most of us to be arguing about this, certs don't really matter except u're thinking from an employee's angle of which HND, NCE and Bsc are all entangled. The truth is most of us in search of jobs always had the 'comfort' mindset which kills our ability to reason deep n discover who truly we were meant to be. Even after graduation many failed to realize the importance of 6-3-3-4 system (which is to be self-reliant and self-sufficient). I think most that still reason along those discrimination'ish' aren't vast with what's going everyday around them or don't travel, mix with people of different kinds to learn, because this is one of the most vital part of education, u get to discover more about urself traveling and meeting people. I'm through with my HND, should I be happy like my mates are? "NO" cos the past two years of going back to school has been the most retarded of my life as it has affected my business and initiatives dearly. Schools all over the world are retarding the potentials of the youths, I believe u're still in school because u haven't discovered urself once u're u'll start feeling u're in the wrong place, Zuckerberg knew this when he started the Facebook project, Gates knew this when he started Microsoft project, Lee Byung Chul knew this when he started Samsung, they all had to dropout the moment they discovered themselves. Stop placing premium on certificates u get stuck in it which is bad for u and ur society, reason like the world is at ur doorstep and u'll see that as far as 'SUCCESS' is concern, certificates are useless.

1 Like

Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
40kobo77:
He has a point.

ur point is baseless am a university graduate but its make no sense to criticize HNDs cuz u know fully well u were recently both selected to earn #30k...How many jobs do u see outside before saying poly is rubbish even I know of many HNDs were I worked and they were the boss..I won't mention the company but na the truth
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by funso4life(m): 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group:
https:///GUKLWpzwBY9HzLX9WdmYNj
Kindly share this group link to your friends who are writing UTME next year dis group is created to tutor jambite on the use of English ,various topics from jamb syllabus will be treated and many questions will be posted and solved ,,your questions are also entertained and solved as well,kindly join the groupFollow this link to join my WhatsApp group:
Kindly share this group link to your friends who are writing UTME next year dis group is created to tutor jambite on the use of English ,various topics from jamb syllabus will be treated and many questions will be posted and solved ,,your questions are also entertained and solved as well,kindly join the group
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group:
Kindly share this group link to your friends who are writing UTME next year dis group is created to tutor jambite on the use of English ,various topics from jamb syllabus will be treated and many questions will be posted and solved ,,your questions are also entertained and solved as well,kindly join the group
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by miraclejoy: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
What matters most is what you can offer, that is to say societal or economic problems you can solve.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
40kobo77:
He has a point.

Fola Adeolu, Pioneer MD of GTB was polytechnic graduate of accounting.
Ideas rule the world not certificates.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by uchwar1: 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
this poster sha!! I have HND and Bsc but I'm gainfully employed with my HND. I earn fat salary and i have two houses with my hnd u referred as useless. the truth is that my Bsc cert is the one useless for now since I can't use it. you can go find job with your Bsc in Igbo Language

1 Like

Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Ngene44: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
fineyemi:
U are currently running ur Phd and u didn't have a Bsc, How did u do it?

ND, HND, PGD,Msc, PhD. Is that possible at all?
Yes it is possible.

1 Like

Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
iihtlagos:

It takes hard work. But if you feel you want to mock those who are learning skills, goodluck

Make you chill nah, I just asked a simple question, no need to vex
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by uchwar1: 3:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Benita27:
We're not talking of "Grace" here but the useless OND/HND certificate. As far as I'm concerned, grace could work in favour of anyone irrespective of one's status. Don't rigmarole, stay on the topic. grin
u are really funny though. u are the one out of the topic. what is useless about the HND cert when many are successful with it? the answer is grace. for ur info, one of my friends was offered engineering course in a poly but he rejected it for a fishery course in Michael opk uni. This is 11 yrs since he graduated without a job and he is already frustrated. what did his Bsc in fishery offer him? as for me, I will always advise anyone to go for a uni degree but that doesn't mean HND cert is useless because there is always room for development
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by unitysheart(m): 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
fineyemi:
And u face discrimination, isn't it?

Same salary structure. Nothing like discrimination. If you like get masters if them no staff you dem no staff you be that. But once staffed graduate na graduate.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by aklaw1: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
the guy is funny sha
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by lovethchioma(f): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
I'm a degree holder but the truth is that what that guy said is total rubbish. BTW sometimes I do wish I went to polytechnic first before attending university... I have my reasons.

Times are changing and people need to understand that your certificate does not guarantee you a place in life. It is what you have upstairs and also the grace of God.

Time and Chance happens to us all
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Investnow2017: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
lovethchioma:
I'm a degree holder but the truth is that what that guy said is total rubbish. BTW sometimes I do wish I went to polytechnic first before attending university... I have my reasons.

Times are changing and people need to understand that your certificate does not guarantee you a place in life. It is what you have upstairs and also the grace of God.

Time and Chance happens to us all

I am familiar with that Scripture too smiley
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by dammybabanla: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
twilliamx:
HND, BSC doesn't translate to money. Okoya no near school, dangote no graduate, bill gates na drop out, your president nor get certificate. Keep fooling ur self with useless titles.
True talk but dont forget that everybody wont be okoya,dangote or bill gates, but everybody wants to at least live a comfortable life and education sure helps.....so dont discourage people to be educated pls
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Awoo88: 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Investnow2017:

Excellent. That is the HIDDEN TRUTH a lot do not realize. What is even the BSc or Masters where there is no knowledge? The problem is not the certificate but the huge gap between our Nigeria school curriculum and the WORLD outside the school 'environment'. Until that widening gap is firmly bridged, even the Bsc and all that will sooner than later be worth a little more than the candy wrap. Nigerians are naturally very intelligent people going by the environment in which they study. Any wonder they do excellently better outside Nigeria shores.
My dear if you are talking about the curriculum of some schools in Nigeria, you will probably die of frustration. Even when the curriculum is great, the average Nigerian lecturer in Nigeria school don't have the wherewith to translate it to knowledge. I did a course titled design optimization. I felt great the first day in class. only for the lecturer ,a prof by the way to great lack of understanding of the course. We ended up going through the process and writing exams just to pass.
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by lovethchioma(f): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
Investnow2017:

I am familiar with that Scripture too smiley
smiley It is a good thing you're familiar with the scripture
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by shegie(m): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
u be munmun youth corper
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by Investnow2017: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
Awoo88:

My dear if you are talking about the curriculum of some schools in Nigeria, you will probably die of frustration. Even when the curriculum is great, the average Nigerian lecturer in Nigeria school don't have the wherewith to translate it to knowledge. I did a course titled design optimization. I felt great the first day in class. only for the lecturer ,a prof by the way to great lack of understanding of the course. We ended up going through the process and writing exams just to pass.

Yours is not an isolated experience. Nigeria curriculum and ESPECIALLY THE DELIVERY METHOD is examination driven with Certificate as the end product - that is why some crooked ones will go any length to pass the exams thinking that the resultant certificate guarantees a great future for them. All this must have to change. Sincerely, when I heard change initially, I thought we were looking at this direction. Sad, very sad that even present-day body language does not even give a hint that we are moving in that direction any time soon. The rest of the world has moved far beyond this level. What is exam? What is certificate? I hear now that Education Courses that used to be despised are now a hotcake because of the belief that they guarantee quicker employment as teacher cheesy What a world smiley
Re: Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" by emu22(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
Its a shame dat some people are still saying HND is useless in Nigeria,is dere anytin dat is useful in dis country,note dat most employers are looking for cheap labour and poly students offer DAT.Its not d certificate dat matters its wat u know.if u are planing on creating jobs u won't say hnd is useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Slay Queen Bags Law Degree From UK University. Photos / Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Student Appreciates Naira Marley In His Final Year Project (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.