Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,052 members, 7,841,980 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger (4671 Views)

Mourinho Is Greater Than Wenger & Guardiola – Fabregas / Is Mourinho Rude Or Not In This Picture? / Mourinho Better Than Me - Van Gaal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2007
its not crap, its common sense that the more games you play, the more exhausted you become and your performance level goes down

I'll give 3 examples

tottenham last season got knocked out of the cups early, so they had fewer games and almost came 4th

this season, they reached the carling semis, are in the FA quarters and are in the UEFA cup. what is their league position? lower half

liverpool won the CL in 05, what was their league standing? 4th

they crashed out early last year, what was their league standing? 3rd

refute these examples if you can

ps sometimes exceptions happen, eg 1999 treble by man utd, and last season by barca, but most of the time its a momentary fluke, you cant carry it on for long,

even almighty real in their heyday only won the CL in 1 season intervals, not back to back, because pressure of domestic and continental fights combined is too much.
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by mukina2: 11:52pm On Feb 23, 2007
*yawns*

sunday will be here soon

accpet this thread as an inadvance gift for losing grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by kitaun(m): 12:36am On Feb 24, 2007
Debo, even Akola would be applauding ur brilliant analysis as he reads, but please let them have the thread till Sunday at least, thereafter in the evening we would make them smell their very @$$e$ since they have refused to allow this ignoble thread die off
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 12:38am On Feb 24, 2007
@debosky

I appreciate your futile attempts to put a gloss on Arsene Wenger's underwhelming European record.You excused Mourinho's back to back success in Europe as merely the product of an untasking domestic schedule.
This is quite an excuse

One may ask,if the untasking domestic schedule was the prime reason for Portos' consecutive victories,why hasn't this been repeated by other managers of Portuguese club?When was the last time a Portuguese club won a European trophy once not to talk of twice in a row?

Your logic in essence leads to this conclusion;it is easier to win a trophy in Europe as manager of Porto than as manager of Arsenal.No one but an Arsenal fan will accept this as plausible

Wenger's poor record is not just reflected in the lack of wins but in the early exits of his sides.Last year was the first time Arsenal made it past the quarter-final stage in the CL.In more than 2 decades of mgt,it marked just the 3rd time a side managed by him made it past the Q-F .

This is an appalling record no matter the excuses.
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 12:43am On Feb 24, 2007
how many times has man utd passed the quarters? the same man utd that crashed out at an early stage last season? puleeze

my assertions were not to excuse arsene, it was just to show differences in situations and conditions which might contribute to the different performances

all i'm saying is this, till maureen does something tangible in england that arsene hasn't done? NO comparison
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 12:47am On Feb 24, 2007
@debosky

Compared to Arsenal we have actually won the CL and made it past the Q-F on 3 occasions compared to Arsenal's once.

Fergie won in Europe even at Aberdeen defeating Barca in the final,his record at Aberdeen alone is even better than Wenger's.So don't begin to compare .

Mourinho has done something tangible.Premiership titles back to back.
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2007
what happened after aberdeen? 12 years no title, not even milk cup cheesy

abeg carry your jedi jedi go another place grin grin grin grin

2 titles isn't enough in my opinion, not with the millions he's spent, when he starts nurturing talent maybe i'll reckon with him
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 12:58am On Feb 24, 2007
I wonder where you get the figure "12 years" from

He spent millions and won 8 league titles(9th one on the way) and 2 trophies in Europe-that is as many as Arsenal have won in their entire history.

As for nurturing talents-Beckham,Scholes,G.Neville,P.Neville,Butt,Giggs,W.Brown,Silvestre,Strachan e.t.c

Those talents won us a treble,your talents have won you nothing significant
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 12:59am On Feb 24, 2007
so now you forget, how many yrs was he coach before he won titles?

and after 20 years in charge he won those? thank God for his life

our talent will win more, just you wait.

leave Arsenal out of your mouth abeg, dont infect us with jedi jedi
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by kitaun(m): 1:04am On Feb 24, 2007
Debo, is 4play now a blue or Mourning-hole's spokesman?
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 1:05am On Feb 24, 2007
nah, once it concerns Arsenal, he needs to talk, thats the doctor's remedy for the jedi jedi grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 1:13am On Feb 24, 2007
debosky:

so now you forget, how many years was he coach before he won titles?

Haba!So from 1986 to 1993 is 12 years?Wow,I think say I no sabi maths

Your youth players go win in future?If Wenger couldn't win with a Monaco team that had Klinsmann,Weah,Hoddle or an Arsenal team with Henry,Viera,Pires when is it going to happen?

Ok,I will exercise patience.

8 league titles in the last 20 years is not easy especially when Wenger has won 4 in in the last 20 years
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 1:14am On Feb 24, 2007
sorry 4play, your jedi jedi is affecting my keyboard grin grin

abeg this is not about man utd arsenal, I know you cant resist, but try small now? abeg! grin grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 1:17am On Feb 24, 2007
kitaun:

Debo, is 4play now a blue or Mourning-hole's spokesman?
I just wan explain to una say your manager useless.Even Mourinho way I hate better pass am

How you see that Mendez goal? ;DNa fine shot o.Wetin Lehman dey do now?  

I dey wait for una for Sunday nite when when u lose. grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 1:18am On Feb 24, 2007
4play!!!!!

E don do oh! this beef is too much now, na beg I dey beg you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 1:23am On Feb 24, 2007
debosky:

4play!!!!!
E don do oh! this beef is too much now, na beg I dey beg you. grin grin grin grin

Una dey vex me.I just wan make them arrest all Arsenal fans send them to Guantanamo Bay grin

How underacheivers go dey compare records with us?But you agree say Mendez fit hit the ball? grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by debosky(m): 1:25am On Feb 24, 2007
4play you no go kill me for this forum

ok, Mendez play correct shot, Lehman get small jedi jedi so him no fit move well grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by kitaun(m): 2:09am On Feb 24, 2007
Debo, why allow dis guy spew these bollocks? Did u read 4rm him when they lost to us home and away? All our top strikers had a go @ their @$$, they aint anywhere near any silverware yet, even Nakamura has husbanded them, Southend did them in, they struggled to qualify for 2nd round UECL yet they go 2 high on d shrooms spurting bollocks!! Silly railway scummers!
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by naijaninja: 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2007
Have you ever seen a coch abusing his players, bragging about future matches, abusing his fellow counterparts. All these are attributes of Mourinho

A coach who had 49 matches unbeaten, puts faith in young players like Denilson,Weah's Junior brother. He always keeps his cool.

WHO COMPARES WENGER WITH THE NOISEMAKER MOURINHO.
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by naijaninja: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2007
Mourinho said: “Yes, I think I am a great manager. Not many did what I did.

“I am not saying I am the best - I don’t think that exists. I am saying I am in the group of eight, 10,12, 14 around the word - people that did similar things.

“Some did other things; some did what I did and I agree with Arsene Wenger when he says you don’t need to win the Champions League to be a great manager.

"Wenger is a great manager who has never won the Champions League so I completely agree with him. What I did in Portugal was unique.
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by sunny4all(m): 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2007
WHO IS THIS ?
HAPPY MARRIED LIFE SPECIAL ZERO

Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by mukina2: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

no comments . .
next time include pre-intimacy's pic tongue
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by salehm(m): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2007
No COMMENT lipsrsealed
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by Razorr(f): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2007
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by mukina2: 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2007
what do you think about the bride and the groom? grin grin grin
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by Razorr(f): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2007
You'll should stop deviating from the main issue here. The most important fact here is that Mourinho is a better coach, with greater technical skill and achievements than Wenger. End of story!
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by kitaun(m): 12:47am On Feb 25, 2007
Jokes thread? Ok, Onigbinde is better than Eguavoen abi? Lol
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by sunny4all(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2007
special 1 see am here

Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by sunny4all(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2007
heh

Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by deejay1(m): 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2007
hell CAPITAL NO!!! mourinho and the chelsea team r just packs of rubbish 2 mi. winning prem bk 2 bk is dat a new thing.
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by 4Play(m): 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2007
deejay1:

hell CAPITAL NO!!! mourinho and the chelsea team r just packs of rubbish 2 mi. winning prem bk 2 bk is that a new thing.

Has Arsenal ever won the Prem back to back?For them,it will be a new thing
Re: Is Mourinho Better Than Wenger by mukina2: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2007
pre-intimacy hate all you like .we dnt care tongue
wenger is the best kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Samuel Peters Quit Boxing And Return To Nigeria Police? / Players With Most Assists In Football History / Help!!! Where Can I Get The Classic Nigeria Jersey Of USA 1994 Worldcup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.