Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

How Igbos Developed Lagos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Developed Lagos (28605 Views)

Evidence That Igbos Developed Lagos / Lets Put An End To This Argument Finally - Igbo Developed Lagos / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
totit:

Where is the stats shocked
Oya! cool waiting...
Drive round Lagos and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by totit: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

Drive round Lagos and see for yourself

Drive around lagos....yaa stats grin
I am loving yaa comedy series.

shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by ratcockoduduwa: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
adetoya234:

Amen to that.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
totit:

Drive around lagos....yaa stats grin
I am loving yaa comedy series.

shocked
Stop hating

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by totit: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

Stop hating

Bro.. do I sound like I am

C'on now.
No insult so far so where is the word ' hating ' coming from

grin

What's yaa state of origin by the way, are you base in largoss, by the way grin

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by horsepower101: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

Stop hating

These people are just born to hate.

You say you want to leave them, they hate you.

Then,

You say you want to stay, they still hate you.
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by oyatz(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
I don't need to support anything sir, that is the reality on ground.
1)There is only one Nigeria... this unity can be renegotiated if need be or even dissolved but for now, there is no such effort or will.

2) Igbos have been in Lagos for over 150years, I don't need to support their presence in Lagos for anything, same way Hausa, Efik, Ijaw, Urhobo have been in Lagos for generations

imhotep:

OK
So support one Nigeria and Igbos in Lagos
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by oyatz(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
You are not helping Hon Tony Nwolu.
Thousands of peoples from multi-ethnic backgrounds voted for PDP/Tony Nwolu in 2015 but with the ways igbos in Nairaland are going about it ,they will whip up sentiment against him come 2019.

imhotep:

What of Igbos outside Nairaland
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by GoldNiagara(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
totit:

That was when things were rosy but what do we have today.
You've just proved me right.
See another prove, my bloloday grin
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by GoldNiagara(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
totit:

That was when things were rosy but what do we have today.
You've just proved me right.
See another prove, my bloloday grin

So the whole of South East is just 3 per cent while Ogun State ramp up 22 per cent. See your life developer, that is apart from Lagos State that had 46 per cent. Igbos are shameless blobs.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by totit: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
GoldNiagara:

So the whole of South East is just 3 per cent while Ogun State ramp up 22 per cent. See your life developer, that is apart from Lagos State that had 46 per cent. Igbos are shameless blobs.

Can ibo give what they don't have?
It's just a common sense. And don't be surprise most of those shouting largoss is a no man's land are far away in somewhere in alaigbo states. Some of them haven't even stepped foot in Lagos but you see them chanting largoss a no man's land.

Logically? They can't tell us how they deveroopeed largoss undecided

Is lagos,nigeria as a whole even developed,by the way? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by mercyville: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
globemoney:

Igbos are well represented in Lagos National and State Legislature, we are aiming for governorship soon.. The traditional institutions can remain
Yorubas must be very powerful in no man's land...don't you think so.They control power,civil servants,transportation,government, radio etc and threw crumbs at Igbos like slaves.Don't you think it needs to be reported to ICC? lol

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by oyatz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
What he was trying to say was that the present Lagos State was a merger of the old federal capital (just 5 LGAs i.e L/Island, L/Mainland,Eti-Osa, Apapa and some parts of S/Lere) and the remaining 15LGAs were part of Western region including the LGAs that were parts of Ijebu and Egba provinces that are now in Ogun State

nwabobo:

Lol. When was Oyo state created for Lagos to be carved out of Oyo. Poor students of history.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by nku5: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
Michael004:
Are you dumb or akpu has filled your brain? Can't you read? I said una stupid chest beating and claiming to develop their land cost other Nigerian Nationals and other African countries national in South Africa. Get sense.

You have no shame grin not one ounce of dignity at all grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by GoldNiagara(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

Statistics powered by Igbos in Lagos, as we have been saying grin

They also powered that of Ogun. There is a pattern in southwest the pattern in South East is 3 percent.
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by oyatz(m): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
You are inexperienced and very naive
Most young igbos and IPOBians don't understand Nigerian politics very.

1) There is no single tribe that can single handily take political decisions(including winning presidential elections, secession through peaceful means ,constitutional changes to accommodate referendum or new states) and succeed with out the support and cooperation of several other tribes.

2) In Nigeria, the core-North which is actually an almagam of many smaller tribes but because of certain historical reasons have collapsed into a single power block, thus they only need fewer number of other tribes to gain upper hand in many political contests.

3) The Igbos, who before colonialism lived in small harmlets and villages and didn't develop to established Statehood or empires, by far need as many tribes (on their side) as possible to succeed politically, but instead of forging friendship and political alliances, they are doing things that will make other tribes not to like them enough to entrust political power into them.

4) The present generation of Igbo youths do well in many aspects of our National life but not in politics because they fail to understand Nigerian politics.

horsepower101:

The oba is a ceremonial figure. No real power. Igbos have earned their right as Nigerian citizens to claim their ownership of Lagos. This is what being one Nigeria means. If you don't like it, push for referendum.
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
horsepower101:

These people are just born to hate.

You say you want to leave them, they hate you.

Then,

You say you want to stay, they still hate you.
They hate to see Igbo progess

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
oyatz:
You are not helping Hon Tony Nwolu.
Thousands of peoples from multi-ethnic backgrounds voted for PDP/Tony Nwolu in 2015 but with the ways igbos in Nairaland are going about it ,they will whip up sentiment against him come 2019.

The haters are around as usual

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by ratcockoduduwa: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

The haters are around as usual
No matter the hate they can't change the fact that we own lagos and decides what happens in lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by totit: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Shm.
Their usual tactics,victim crying mentality and face saving...after another brutal defeat.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Michael004: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

He is still your boss. Respect him
Your boss on nairaland or where?

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Michael004: 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
imhotep:

They hate to see Igbo progess
Yes, just like you see others progress. Why I love God is that he's not biased. He gives you what you sow in 100folds. Karma is a folking bitch. Una just start. You victim cry moves us no more. Yes we hate you cos you love others as the pictures below say it all about you. Next time, do to others, that which you want others to do to you. You have sold a Sandy goods, so it is a must you collect a stony money.

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Michael004: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
totit:
Shm.
Their usual tactics,victim crying mentality and face saving...after another brutal defeat.

grin grin
See how they show love to others below. Who their victim cries epp. When don't care anymore.

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by ibedun: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
ratcockoduduwa:

No matter the hate they can't change the fact that we own lagos and decides what happens in lagos.

You own Lagos? Really? Little did I know delusion can go this far.......but of course you are joking or else you need help fast!

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by totit: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
Michael004:
See how they show love to others below. Who their victim cries epp. When don't care anymore.
Can you imagine that!!!!! undecided
Shm.
Don't mind those mofos : hypocrites!!!
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by mercyville: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
ratcockoduduwa:

That moment Trumps wakes up and says he is the obi of Onitsha and he is holding a big fat weed. grin
ratcockoduduwa:

That moment Trumps wakes up and says he is the obi of Onitsha and he is holding a big fat weed.
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by nwabobo: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
oyatz:
What he was trying to say was that the present Lagos State was a merger of the old federal capital (just 5 LGAs i.e L/Island, L/Mainland,Eti-Osa, Apapa and some parts of S/Lere) and the remaining 15LGAs were part of Western region including the LGAs that were parts of Ijebu and Egba provinces that are now in Ogun State

I knew that's what he was trying to say but his arrogance even when he couldn't convey his message made me take him on a rigmarole.
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by hornyofife: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
ibedun:

You own Lagos? Really? Little did I know delusion can go this far.......but of course you are joking or else you need help fast!

Yes, Lagos has been sold,so we own majority of Lagos....grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by ratcockoduduwa: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
hornyofife:

Yes, Lagos has been sold,so we own majority of Lagos....grin
Truth.
Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by oodualover: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
[s]
liberalsinnerx:

Dumb afonja with low IQ; you think if Federal Government had no control over Seaports and Airports, don't you think Igbos and SS would have built and opened them 100% than they are currently as marginalized by federal government on purpose to keep SE and SS down. You think Lagos ports are the only functional ports in Nigeria because Yoruba are genius? LOL...Dumb things, they have no sense!
[/s]
Shameless ibooe pig like you. Who is building lekki seaport? Is it federal government? Worthless ibooe monkies must blame everybody. For your information, the seaport under construction in Lagos is being funded by private investors. So what is stopping you from constructing your own seaport? I know useless ibooe like you will claim it is "afonja".
Useless and cursed tribe.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by totit: 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
grin

Iboland is desolated, more barren than ever before. No youth empowerment,job back home,no man power anymore in the village..they are everywhere claiming another man's properties grin

See,every where is deserted, no job in that region,no companies nor factory grin

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
oodualover:
[s][/s]
[s]Shameless ibooe pig like you. Who is building lekki seaport? Is it federal government? Worthless ibooe monkies must blame everybody. For your information, the seaport under construction in Lagos is being funded by private investors. So what is stopping you from constructing your own seaport? I know useless ibooe like you will claim it is "afonja".
Useless and cursed tribe.[/s]

You still don't understand me...let me shout now: THEY WILL ALLOW YORUBA TO BUILD AS MANY SEAPORTS AS THEY WANT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE TARGET OF MARGINALIZATION; YORUBA IS NOT A THREAT TO THEM. THAT'S WHY YOU ALREADY HAVE TWO FUNCTIONING SEAPORTS AND SS DESPITE HAVING 4 SEAPORTS (PORT HARCOURT, WARRI, CALABAR AND ONNE), EVEN THOUGH THESE ARE CLOSER TO THE OCEAN AND BIGGER SEAPORTS THAN LAGOS', DESPITE THESE FACTS SS HAS NO FUNCTIONING SEAPORTS. THE TARGET IS SS AND SE; PARTICULARLY IGBO IS THEIR PRIMARY TARGET. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YORUBA. There are powers there be telling Hausa-Fulani want to do to keep SE and SS down to prevent them from rising and forming their own country which is why they keep them dependent on using Lagos ports and airport. It takes a while for yorubas to understand this, as It took me days to explain this to a yoruba friend and finally he understood it. Before he was thinking like you, why can't state governors do all these? I TOLD HIM THEY WANT TO AND HAVE FOREIGN INVESTORS WHO CAN DO THEM BUT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL FRUSTRATE THEM.

This thread below basically answered your concern with facts
https://www.nairaland.com/4194879/south-south-south-east-roads-worst-country#62664033
My post on this thread is below because I suspected people like you will come and blame governors
liberalsinnerx:
Afonjas will tell you that why are the state governors not doing their jobs in SE and SS. But when you tell them that these are federal roads, they say why not build/repair and then get reimbursement from federal government. But you tell them that Anambra for example has spent over 20 billion over the last 7yrs building/repairing federal roads but only been reimbursed 20% of the cost thus far.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari In Zaria For ABU Projects Commissioning / Eyo Charles: Journalist Attacked By Fani-Kayode Speaks On Ordeal / Photo: To Raise Sculptural Piece Of Jonathan In Otuoke As A Mark Of Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.