Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (225618 Views)

Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself / Chronicles Of Tracy / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
As u don f¤¤k up so,ready to carry am..game on

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2018
qwantinu qwantinu your story the totorime

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2018
kolaranking1:
I'm here badohemmy. Thanks for the mention

Nice updates tho

No mind me. Kinda missed ur comments

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2018
Dakpoghene:
Jst joined the clique. Read it all up in 1hr. Am enjoying every bit of this beautiful piece. Good job man.
Thanks aplenty
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 10:44am On Feb 20, 2018
hidhrhis:
I gbadun dis tori like mad keep up d good work bro
Thanks again. You've been there from the start. Very much appreciated

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by kolaranking1(m): 1:24am On Feb 21, 2018
badohemmy:

No mind me. Kinda missed ur comments
Lol.....So when is the next update coming up?
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Uniquejames(m): 10:20am On Feb 21, 2018
badohemmy:

Thanks again. You've been there from the start. Very much appreciated

ur last two updates is same??!!

modified: didn't read well though.

thanks man! we await more updates

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2018
kolaranking1:
Lol.....So when is the next update coming up?
Tomorrow by God's grace. Started already. Thanks
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2018
This episode is dedicated to Samyot. Remain blessed sir.

Chapter 29

The Great Escape I

"Na wah o, but Badoh is not the troublesome type, how come?" Ken asked Efe and Akin as the news of the just concluded Mortal Kombat spread like wild fire.
"Omo eh, like this like this, Our guy go collect wella. I tell you. Na dat Igbo guy wey dey always smoke for frontage naim him go de whooze for tap, from now till the foreseeable future I no be he friend. ¶I love my life¶," Efe sang.
"Are you sure it's even true? Badoh maybe big but he's more of a weakling. No girlfriend, no connection that I know of except maybe Ken, and even the Ken sef is also a Jew like him. I pity una," Akin opined referring to Ken who was standing there with him. Efe burst into laughter with recent memory flashing to his mind.
"Wait o, no be you wey almost send your babe go 21 years imprisonment get mouth to de rake so? I talk am, I for tell Badoh make he let you die that day. Chai! I ef up bad!" Efe said in regret.
"You always have a big mouth, always," Ken said to Akin.
"Yes, big mouth with plenty action to back it up," Akin chipped in.
"Really?" Ken asked amazed.
"Really. How many times have I told you guys to Norse up? But no.
" Akin said.
"Abeg abeg, let's go check Badoh, stop dreaming of what you are not," Ken dismissed him.
After the storm, comes the rain. Sitting on his bed, the rage starts to evaporate. Badoh's cloth was still wet, he had somehow opened up his skin as sweat pumped out. He never wanted it to get to that. He pored over event of the last hour. He was in deep shit. He briefly entertained the idea of calling brother Samson, but he remembered what Viv had told him, so he shelved that idea.
“Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.” That one’s Lao Tzu, a Chinese philosopher. In my experience, it’s true. It has been proven that one can always talk their way out of trouble in almost any given moment, or even walk away. Badoh knew clearly the truth about violence, "violence brings more violence". He's seen it first hand, he lived in it for a long time, he watched people he knew well get hacked to death with machetes, stones and more recently guns, he hated it but sometimes violence must take it by force.
Right from when he was a boy, back then his family suffered untold hardship. Those days when he would cry into the house, his elder brother would ask him about his aggressor. After that Samson would give him a stick, wood or stone to go break their head, he always did. In most cases, his elder brother takes over the fight whenever the aggressor bring in extra hands.
Samson also taught Badoh the right places to hit an opponent during a fight to help neutralize them quickly and with few hits, those titbits came in handy occasionally like today again.
'The nose is an excellent spot to hit someone if you don’t necessarily want to knock them out. Scientifically speaking, a light punch to the nose goes a long way. First, it only takes a few pounds of pressure to break a person’s nose, anywhere from 7-9 pounds, which you’re more than capable of delivering. A punch square to the nose is disorienting, thanks to the excruciating pain of the broken cartilage and all the blood that goes with it. The nose is also connected to your eyes via tear ducts, meaning damage to the nose often results in tears—and, thus, temporary loss of vision—which is the best advantage to have during a one-on-one confrontation.' (coolmaterial.com).
Others include chin, jaw, throat, solar plexus, kidney and back of the head. He had not fought in 4 years, he always wrung his way out of potential fight but today was different, he was high on weed, he had very little control of his aggressive side, "shit happens" he thought.
A knock on his room door broke into his thoughts, "who is it?" Badoh asked, he could hear his heart beat, gbim, gbim, gbim!

3 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by iceberlin(m): 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks 4 d update. I need more pls

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by URep: 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
nice update bro. next pls. no dulling
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 12:14am On Feb 25, 2018
Gbam gbam ....oskido,pass me za fight
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by tomgab(m): 5:49am On Feb 25, 2018
Nice update. I wan buy fight too o. Badoh firedown.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2018
Update continues tonight, hopefully. God day Famz.

3 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
Chapter 30

The Great Escape II

"Open up, it's Ken." His friend said.
"And Efe, plus mouth," Efe said referring to Akin.
"You dey craze, stupid boy," Akin said.
Badoh almost smiled, his friends were always so free, free from all the drama he's seen. He opened the door and let them in. They chopped knuckle - even though e no dey belle-full - and took their various positions on the bed and chair. Efe went into the kitchen and back, "you no go cook?" He asked.
"Mtchew!" Ken hissed. "Wetin happen?" He spoke to Badoh this time. He was worried for his friend. Badoh had never been the type to court trouble. That was why they became friends. They've always agreed that they came to school to study, chasing girls - which they are all guilty of - or partying and getting high are simply secondary. But his friend has somehow managed to mix himself with the one they could all agree was a "no go area", crossing the line with a confra boys.
Badoh sighed as he thought of what led to the fracas. "A very small something, a very nothing," he thought. He tried to tell his friends how Mezie had slapped him after first verbally attacking him, but he just sighed again.
"That guy f*ck up, I come mess up too." He finally said.
"Na true say he slap you?" Akin asked to which Badoh nodded.
"I overreact, maybe." He said.
"Omo na to gbeis be that. Me dey remove from this lodge this night, straight one week break naim I go take, I fit even extend am depending on whether those wey I leave behind still dey alive the next time I call. My advice be say make una remove too till..." Efe was obviously scared as his mouth went on rampage, he only kept quiet because of the way Ken looked at him.
"Guy lock up, scared boy. I keep telling you guys to Norse up. For me I think this is a good time to belong," Akin said to others. His superiority complex had taken over him countless times and today was no exception.
"Guy park well," Ken shushed Akin.
"Chill, shit happens. When shit happen, na to pack am remain." Badoh said to Ken.
"What do we do? How do we handle this?" Ken said to his friend. He knew they would be fall out from the "gbege".
"We do nothing, I want it to play out I'll take what I see," he said.
"It's settled then," Efe said in support of Badoh. His personal safety was his only concern at that moment. He would support any decision that did not include him doing anything.
"It's not settled," Ken said to counter not just Efe but Badoh too.
"That's not wise at all, it's a suicidal decision." Akin said, his countenance shouted at Badoh - "you want to kill yourself?"
"Seriously guys, I don't want you involved at all, please," he urged them.
Just then there was a knock on his door.
"Come in," Badoh said.
Lydia stepped into his room, she exchanged pleasantries with Badoh and his friends. Instinctively, Ken stood up, and told him they will finish their discussion later. Akin and Efe followed Ken out of the room but not without shaking hands with Badoh.
"Is it true?" Lydia asked him? She had settled on the plastic chair in the room and watched his friends leave one after the other. She was sure their discussion was related to what she heard. "Of course it's true. What have I gotten myself into?" She asked nobody. She rapped her head in her hands as she mourned her bad luck.
"You have nothing to worry about, I will handle it. Trust me," Badoh said while placing a hand on her shoulder. He tried reassuring her but he had more pressing need. He needed information. Information on Mezie. "I need you to tell me everything you know about that Mezie guy." Badoh subtly asked her.
"Well, he is a guy I've known since,..." Just as Lydia began talking, Baroni called Badoh from outside, his thick baritone voice hushed her as he made way into the room.
"I hear wetin happen, I want travel this afternoon, so lock your room door, you go crash for my room," Baroni ordered. Badoh spent no time thinking about it, he knew that if Baroni was absent, then the no fighting law wouldn't stand. He quietly followed Baroni who left him alone with Lydia once they were in the other room.
Trust, Mezie's men came that night but that's a story for another day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Cadec007(m): 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Y not today boss.?...btw thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by iceberlin(m): 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2018
Oga Badoo, abeg more updates! Make suspense no kill person here.

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by URep: 5:00am On Mar 03, 2018
Nice one man.

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Uniquejames(m): 10:13am On Mar 03, 2018
thanks for the update.
getting more interesting by the day. keep it up!
not to forget, the level of suspense is now real... KUDOS!!!

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by EKLE: 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
wow..more update please

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by iceberlin(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
More updates nah

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 5:51am On Mar 07, 2018
Chapter 31

The Great Escape III

Lydia told Badoh everything he needed to know about Mezie. She narrated how they met during their first year in school - the previous year, and how they had become close due to the fact that he was also from Imo state. She hailed from Mbaise while he was from Nekede, their Igbo dialect differ but the joy of seeing a fellow Imolite literally drew them close, but it became too close for Lydia when he asked her out.
Mezie did not take being rejected well. He persisted in asking her out but the more he tried the more space he created. He also hated seeing her with other guys, just then when he was almost making a headway, Badoh entered the picture. She was not dating either of them so she wondered why they would become aggressive towards themselves.
When she finished telling Badoh about the grumpy guy, He sighed knowing that from her narrative the guy was a wannabe, he wants to be a bad guy. He was impulsive, his best play was to let it play out. He was in deep thought when Lydia's voice stole his attention.
"Are you a cultist?" She asked. She never believed Mezie would go on to become a cultist. If someone had told her previously she would have defended him, especially since his father was a pastor. She had cut off ties with him when he woed her. She knew about his smoking cigarettes and worked with him to stop it. It worked actually, Mezie stopped smoking, the only problem was that he went ahead to spin her. Mezie knew her secret, why wouldn't he stick to being her friend? "Mtchew," the most annoying thing was that when she turned him down he resumed his smoking of cigarettes like he was trying to hurt her. "Well good riddance," she thought. Now she's with another friend, who knows he might be a cultist as well. She was certainly done with guys. Her family must not hear of this.
"Are you a cultist?" She asked him again almost in tears.
"Ah, no. Am a Jew." He said convincingly. But she was a bit lost.
"Jew! Meaning?" She asked him.
"Meaning I am not a cultist. I'm not a doffman. Am a Jew like you, meaning a non cultist," he emphasized.
"It's okay, I understand. But why did you hit him?" She lamented still near tears.
"He hit me first for no reason. I was only defending myself," he replied.
"I'm finished. I don't want any trouble." She cried.
Badoh held her close. He pet her gently.
"You have to trust me when I say I will handle this. I will." He said urging her to stop crying while looking deep into her eyes.
She stared back at him quietly. Somehow she just knew she could trust him. He was unusually calm for a Jew who have court case. She was swept away from her feet as Badoh kissed her deeply. She knew she wasn't supposed to kiss him back, she wanted to resist too but she was too weak to try, especially since it felt really good.
Badoh moved really slowly, as he kissed her, he pushed her gently towards the bed as her back hit the bed. He pulled out of her mouth and restarted from her forehead kissing her slowly. He moved to her ears kissing her softly. She moaned. He was brief with her ears as he took his kissing to the neck.
"Hmm ah!" She moaned softly.
He kissed her lips again. She swallowed a larger portion of his lips. Just when she was increasing the speed, he pulled away again. He moved to her orange sized boobs and tickled them from her cloth. She seemed to jerk a couple of times as he squeezed gently.
But as Badoh moved for her zip, she suddenly realized what was about happening. She pulled away.
"Stop, let's stop before it gets out of hand." She said stopping him. She sat up.
"Okay." He replied.
"I'll spend the night with you, but we can't have sex. I'm scared that's all." She said again.
"No problem. I can sleep on the rug if you want." He said. Standing up. Sex was the least of his worries. "I might have to miss class tomorrow so I can deal with the issue," he said to her.
"Not tommorow, we have early morning test, Pastor Ojo." She reminded him. This made him rethink his plan.
They had their bath that night, separately, after which they slept off. At about 10.00pm, some of Mezie's clique stormed the lodge but could not gain entrance because the gate gets locked up by 9.00pm. They made noise, threatened and barked but the carpenter who was in charge in Baroni's absence wouldn't bulge.
They shattered lots of bottles in front of the house and left. Unfortunately for Mezie's gang, when they returned in the morning, they met Badoh's absence because he had already left for Pastor Ojo's test. THIS DID NOT SAVE OTHERS FROM BEING DRILLED, EFE INCLUSIVE.

Chapter 32
The Retaliation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damidave1124(m): 7:06am On Mar 07, 2018
Nice one. But the update is too slow
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Tosodan(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2018
Weldon bro keep d gud work goin
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
We re all missing smthing here,who is Badoo's brother ?
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by honourable356(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
A TRUE LIFE experience or rather an EXAGGERATED TRUE LIFE experience??

Which is it??

It is beautiful, isn't it??
A clear definition of budding talent.
Obviously you are not there yet, but undoubtedly you will get there... unless of course you lose interest along the way...

Back to the story...
You still got job to do.. you gotta make it sound real or very close to real... You know, something we are almost certain so happens in reality...You must take your time to describe everything vividly to obviously strike a nerve.

It does the magic..
It stir up wild imagination..
More importantly, it drew multitude and KEEP them.
Keep themhuh?
keep them doing what?? Well, your guess is as good as mine!

Cult related stories?? Many a time certainly ends on tragedy...,right?

I am following keenly from a distance!!
Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
Damidave1124:
Nice one. But the update is too slow
I'm sorry. Just that I work like everyone else, my schedule sometimes gets messed up. Please bear with me. I will try updating minimum once or twice a week. But e no easy o
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
Tosodan:
Weldon bro keep d gud work goin
Thanks man. Will put my best.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
Damibiz:
We re all missing smthing here,who is Badoo's brother ?

That info is pending. Details will be revealed soon. But he's a normal guy sha
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
honourable356:
A TRUE LIFE experience or rather an EXAGGERATED TRUE LIFE experience??

Which is it??

It is beautiful, isn't it??
A clear definition of budding talent.
Obviously you are not there yet, but undoubtedly you will get there... unless of course you lose interest along the way...

Back to the story...
You still got job to do.. you gotta make it sound real or very close to real... You know, something we are almost certain so happens in reality...You must take your time to describe everything vividly to obviously strike a nerve.

It does the magic..
It stir up wild imagination..
More importantly, it drew multitude and KEEP them.
Keep themhuh?
keep them doing what?? Well, your guess is as good as mine!

Cult related stories?? Many a time certainly ends on tragedy...,right?

I am following keenly from a distance!!
Best wishes.

I prefer to address this work as fiction.

But then, you are the first Critique have had in a long time and I appreciate your contribution. The issh u pointed out will be addressed. I will make a conscious effort to improve in my description of events. Although sometimes I feel the need to rush the story thereby leading to lots of summarization. But I will work on my fault and hopefully get better. The reason I decided to post this after all was to see where I am and how far I can go.
Thanks again. Please don't fail to mention further fault, I need it for real.

I also appreciate your encomium, it's nice getting it from someone like you - Honourable!

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
''SHALL''u said,ok na
badohemmy:

That info is pending. Details will be revealed soon. But he's a normal guy sha
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by URep: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2018
this episode make brain. fire down please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.