Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

All About Nilesat Installations - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Nilesat Installations (253901 Views)

All About Nilesat,badrsat Leaving, In Northern Nigeria In 1.8M And 2.0M Dish. / What Is The Best Frequency Polarity To Track Nilesat Ku Band In Osun, Nigeria / Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kcbenjamin(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ George , pls what tp will be best to track nilesat here in delta state during this period. Just paid for a 3m pan dish earlier today so will likely be tracking before the week runs out.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2010
kcbenjamin,
use mtv arabia tp: 11977v, 27500
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Digitman(m): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2010
George_D:

kcbenjamin,
use mtv arabia tp: 11977v, 27500
THANKS
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kcbenjamin(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ George, thanks for the tp but i will like to know your opinion on these two position. The first is at the back of the building and the pole pick up from ground level. The second is at the front of the building above a deck flour at lest 40ft above the ground. Which will be best for nilesat using a 3m solid dish. All opinions are highly welcome.

1 Like

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
kcbenjamin,
use the back of the building. your dish is better off being shielded from the elements as it will be when you install it at the back.

btw:
installing a fibre dish in an open space high above ground as you suggested in the latter might not be too advisable. over time you'll discover you may need to tweak and adjust the dish to get better signals and when that happens, imagine having to climb over 40 ft everytime just to turn an lnb! grin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by freshp(m): 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
George_D:

kcbenjamin,
use the back of the building. your dish is better off being shielded from the elements as it will be when you install it at the back.
btw:
imagine having to climb over 40 ft everytime just to turn an lnb! grin
i quite agree with u george.and as per the 40 ft a good exercise 1nce hn a while wont be a bad idea o grin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kcbenjamin(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2010
@ George -D and all the well informed, please i will like to know if this 3m fibre dish still has what it takes to hook up to nilesat ? If yes how do i renew it ? Is it just by sprayin on does it goes beyond that ?

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2010
kcbenjamin,
that 3m fibre is still very good. you can refurbish it by refoiling and spray painting with silver or white paint. i will suggest you look for a good fibre maker to do it for you. it will only cost you a token.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2010
@George_D, good advice,i refurbish 1 1.8m solid pan recently using silver.it rocks well.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ameboperoo(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
Experienced gurus, a friend uses maximum lnb 0.2db to get some nilesat channels on his 1.8 fixed dish. I tried to help him get more channels but when i blind scanned, all the tps turned red. I've been trying since then but to no avail to hit red. I tracked w3 easily with it to confirm the lnb is ok. Pls advise me what lnb is best on 1.8 strong pan dish. My coordinate is 7'51"N, 5'58"e (Kogi).
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
ameboperoo,
go for digisat 0.2db lnb. you can't go wrong.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ameboperoo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
George D. Thanks. But how much does it cost and where can I get it?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
ameboperoo,
it costs about 1500 for the single way and 3,500 for the 4-way. contact olofofo in lagos or dejsam in kano.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kcbenjamin(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2010
@ George-d, please i will like to know in details apart from the fact that your newly installed 4ways stargold fuji lnb can withstand the rain to certain level, is there any other significant change ? Like 10% or 20% signal increase , "H" polarasation being stable through out the day and night and certain tps showing green for the first time. Also, is the new tp 11449 H 27500 showing green at your end ?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2010
kcbenjamin,
the stargold fuji gives you exactly what you get from a normal fuji only this time you have 4 outputs to play with instead of just one as in normal single way fuji. before going for the stargold, i've tried other lnbs like echosat and digista all with very poor results. remember that fuji still remains one of the best out-of-footprint lnbs for fibre dishes, so there's so way you can get 10 or 20% increase with stargold. rather what you have is a similar performance but with better stability under the rain.

i will try out the tp you posted as soon as i get home today.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by promexy: 12:07am On Aug 19, 2010
Hi Everyone, I am new here, PLEASE can I use a STRONG LNB previously used for DSTV reception for NILESAT reception?
By the way great work everyone, I really hope we can show the same enthusiasm towards our forthcoming election.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 10:04am On Aug 19, 2010
promexy,
yes you can use strong lnb for nilesat provided you live in north africa or middle east. but if you live anywhere south of naija or the east, your best bet is fuji lnb or any other good out-of-footprint lnb.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
@GeorgeD, i got a suprise yesterday.i hit 62% on mpc tp (11938 v 27500) 8am & d lnb is STRONG with d surface cut off.my location is Saki Oyo state.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Twinsoris(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2010
OGA GEORGE HOW DO I CUT STARGOLD FUJI LNB 4 WAYS IN other to receive nilesat pls load the picture so that other can benefit from it cause i am interested in MBCs
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
kinmen,
that strong lnb must be a very powerful one. congrats!

twinsoris,
no need to cut the stargold lnb because it has already been cut from the factory. just install and your signal will jump out.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by promexy: 11:39pm On Aug 20, 2010
Oga George, Thanks alot.

Pls how much does the FUJI LNB cost ?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2010
normal fuji - single way costs about 3,500
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Supermanny: 11:22am On Oct 20, 2010
I've been trying to get this sat to work for a few days and having difficulty. I am in Addis Ababa and have 1.8 meter dish. Here Badr 4,6 26E can be attained easily with a very small dish. For Nilesat the elevation of the dish is very low correct? So the center of the dish is almost facing straight up to the sky? I was thinking maybe mounting my dish on a 3 or 4 meter pole would help. Any info helps thanks.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kungu(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2010
Supermanny:

I've been trying to get this sat to work for a few days and having difficulty. I am in Addis Ababa and have 1.8 meter dish. Here Badr 4,6 26E can be attained easily with a very small dish. For Nilesat the elevation of the dish is very low correct? So the center of the dish is almost facing straight up to the sky? I was thinking maybe mounting my dish on a 3 or 4 meter pole would help. Any info helps thanks.

Good afternoon Supermanny,

First try and track Atlantic bird 2 @ 8° West using frequency 11595 V 27500. Once you attain Atlantic bird 2, enter the frequency 11727 H 27500 on Nilesat 201 and elevate your dish 1/2 a centimeter upwards. Once you attain the frequency on Nilesat 201 try out the rest of the other Nilesat frequencies.

Atlantic bird 2 has its beam in Addis Ababa as shown in the image below and will be a good starting point for tracking Nilesat in your region.

Here in Kenya i get Nilesat 101, 102 and Atlantic 4a using a 2.4 offset dish plus Inverto ultra black quad LNB.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Tommry: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2011
@All,

Pls,

1. what will I need to install a 2.3m dish satellite that will be facing Nilesat with KB band LNBF ?.
2. How much could all the equipment and materials needed cost ? ( Suggested Price & Total).
3. Where (shop & Market in Ibadan) can I get all this materials/equipment from.
4. Is there any procedure to follow maybe before or during installation to have a best result.

Regards to All.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
my 3.0m fibre dish don land today.The ku ,c-band lnb,jack and positioner are all available.I'm erecting the pole that will carry the dish tomorrow.While the tracking of Nilesat.hotbird,eurobird.afrobird,asiabird will take place on saturday. grin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by freshp(m): 1:34am On Feb 04, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

my 3.0m fibre dish don land today.The ku ,c-band lnb,jack and positioner are all available.I'm erecting the pole that will carry the dish tomorrow.While the tracking of Nilesat.hotbird,eurobird.afrobird,asiabird will take place on saturday. grin
Now thats the spirit grin grin grin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Newtonn(m): 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2011
i have not been adding post to this thread, but seeing the positive strength from my beloved bro. infact am very happy.
i will be contributing now,
happy 9ja's
lets keep rocking,
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Newtonn(m): 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
hello guys,
is any body using 1.8m (180 cm) dish to track nilesat satellite?
am living in lagos nigeria. i just want to no if 1.8m dish will pick up nilesat satellite.
thks
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Dejsam(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2011
Newtonn:

hello guys,
is any body using 1.8m (180 cm) dish to track nilesat satellite?
am living in lagos nigeria. i just want to no if 1.8m dish will pick up nilesat satellite.
thks

@newton link,

forget abt receiving nilesat in lagos with 1.8 meter dish.your best bet is 2.4 metwr dish.i have just concluded the installation of one as i am making this post.u will get about 230 channels with 2.4 meter pan dish.

11823 v:69-70%9kuwait sports)

11938V;66-68%(mbc channels)

11785 V:67%(dubai one)

11977 V :65-66%(city 7 tv,bloomberg,mtv arabia)

11900 V: 59%(kuwait ch 2)

12015 V :59%(cctv 9,smile tv)

11766 H ;60%(bbc world,foxmovies)

12015 V :59%(aljazeera news,euronews)

12284 v ; 63-64%(aljazeera sports )

12054 V:60% (ad sport tv)

12207 V :63% (france 24)

12284 v65 %(jsc sports +1-+4)

11958 v 58 %(jsc sports +5-+cool

11862 v 69- 71%(osn box office0

and also so many other frequencis having channels like nat geo wild,national geographic,animal planet,starmovies, starworld,b4u movies channel v , star plus,sony entertainment,sony max,zee cinema,zee news,star gold,
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by oriagome: 10:31am On Apr 25, 2011
Can I use 1.8m in Benin Edo state ?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Eltonluigi(m): 10:52am On Apr 25, 2011
@oriagome,sorry u can't get nilesat with 1.8m dish anywhere in the south!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.