Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

All About Nilesat Installations - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Nilesat Installations (253877 Views)

All About Nilesat,badrsat Leaving, In Northern Nigeria In 1.8M And 2.0M Dish. / What Is The Best Frequency Polarity To Track Nilesat Ku Band In Osun, Nigeria / Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2011
bolyjay:

@oga george,pls.which method is best to use among these two methods:refoiling the dish while the dish is still hanging on the pole,the way i did my 2.4m 2weeks ago or bringing the dish down before refoiling as you did in the pics.

from my experience its always better to bring down the dish before refoiling it. if you insist on doing it
while on the pole, you risk damaging your dish neck and besides the accelerator might not stick to the
fibre properly.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2011
bolyjay:

@all,which lnb is the best for a 2.4m fiber dish between fuji and invacom lnb.

for fibre, you cannot beat fuji. invacom has an edge mostly for pan dishes.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2011
Kungu:

Good afternoon George,

You have just inspired me to try the same on my 2.4 meter fiber offset dish. What is the signal strength difference between now and before?
I will first try out foil paper before i apply the oil paint.
My 2.4 meter fiber offset dish shown below

Have an inspired evening and Thanks

the signal strenght prior to the refoiling job was dropping practically to zero but now it has improved tremendously. i get bbc world up to 64% on a good day and cnn shows up at times up to 48% or 50%
in good weather. overall, it was a good thing i decided to refoil the dish.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by bolyjay: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2011
@george d,thanks very much for your response.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by twinskenny(m): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2011
Oga george thats a great one there,

but please answer kungu question,

can dis thing be done by a lay man or a professional? just want to know, meanwhile i notice that your lnb is different from the one av been seen around, whats the name?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by twinskenny(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
@all

I got a 2.6m fiber dish and am looking for the best lnb to use, please advice all, i have been hearing fuji and all that maybe there is another one out there which is better than fuji
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kungu(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2011
George_D:

the signal strenght prior to the refoiling job was dropping practically to zero but now it has improved tremendously. i get bbc world up to 64% on a good day and cnn shows up at times up to 48% or 50%
in good weather. overall, it was a good thing i decided to refoil the dish.

Good evening George,

Thanks for your reply. What type of glue did you use to stick the foil paper on the dish?
I pasted  the foil on my 2.4 meter offset using conta glue which is commonly used in Kenya for sticking Formica on pile-wood and repair of shoes.
It took me 35 minutes to cover the whole dish. As i had no one to assist me to hold the foil paper in place, part of the foil paper became greased in the processes.   
Below are snap shots of the foil paper on dish,

On Sunday after the church service, i came home and re foiled the offset dish again with a second layer of foil and afterwards painted it with Matt black paint as shown below,

The signal levels increased by 4% with the plain foil and also after applying paint on the foil paper.
The second layer of foil increased the signal strength by 2%.
Afterwards i gave Nilesat 104 also known as Atlantic bird 4a a test run.
Below is a snap shot of Nilesat 104 foot print with the RED  Balloon indicating my location in Kenya,

From my setup, i can receive all Nilesat 104 the lower frequencies 24/7 even when its raining. No rain fade at all.
Snap shots of movie channels on Nilesat 104,
Time movies Frequency 10720 H 27500,

Claquette TV Frequency 10775 H 27500

Top Movies Frequency 10873 V @7500

++++ more.

For my setup, i modified my lnb with an inclusion of a bigger feed horn as as to facility full  illumination of the whole dish.
By this i mean If an LNB feed is not a perfect match, like a standard 40mm clamp LNB, it may illuminate (say) 2.5m
of a 2.2m dish. (less signal) OR, It may (try to) illuminate 2.6m of dish. This will cause infrared
(noise) to be picked up round the edges. The result is a poor signal to noise ratio. (poor picture)
With this in mind, i tested a couple of lnb's and the winner was Inverto sliver tech quad lnd followed by Eurostar quad and last but not lest Inverto ultra black quad lnb.
My modified lnb,
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Kungu(m): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
For my lnb modification, I used the Inverto sliver tech quad lnb which has proved to be a high gain lnb in fringe satellite reception.

I purchased the the Lnb form Pulsat website. Pulsat satellite shop is based in the UK

I first removed the cap cover the LNB,

Then removed the black cover and cut-of the feed-horn on the lnb,

I them attached the bigger feed-horn which i got from a former vsat satellite dish used for Internet access via satellite.
Below bigger Feed-horn on left and Inverto sliver tech feedhorn on the left,

On attaching the bigger the Feed horn to the Inverto lnb, i noted an increase of about 3% in signal strength,

I went further and attached the original Feed-horn in side the Larger feed horn, and to my Surprise the signal strength increased by 8%.

On thing that i have noted with lnb's, is that different lnb's have different gains on the different frequencies in a satellite. Some Lnb's have a higher gain on lower frequencies while other on higher gain upper frequencies. From my Lnb modification i have noted that when i increase the length of the lnb barrel am able to get better signal strength from  higher frequencies and when i reduce the length of the lnb barrel, i get higher signal strength on the lower frequencies.
Still more tests are under way.

You all have a blessed evening form this part of Africa

1 Like

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2011
kungu,
that was a fantastic experiment you carried out there. i will try something similar
and see if i can get better reception with my 3m fibre. keep up the good work!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 9:20am On Jun 09, 2011
twinskenny:

Oga george thats a great one there,

but please answer kungu question,

can dis thing be done by a lay man or a professional? just want to know, meanwhile i notice that your lnb is different from the one av been seen around, whats the name?

its best to have the job done by a professional but you can always give it a try. no pain, no gain!

the lnb is a quad (4 way) fuji lnb.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Femwal: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ all, plc help me wit my 1.8mm dish pan, i hv tryed since this days to nail nilesat wit many lnb like strong lnb, fuji  hd lnb noice 0.2db 4 way, fuji lnb noice 0.3db, maximum noice, but all my effort is allways 20% bot in the day and in night. And i hv seen many people withing my area using dsame 1.8mm pan dish to nail the nilesat. Plc i need your help about this, plc i need the real lnb 4 this. Am locating in west nigeria ado ekiti,
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by twinskenny(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2011
Femwal:

@ all, plc help me wit my 1.8mm dish pan, i hv tryed since this days to nail nilesat wit many lnb like strong lnb, fuji  hd lnb noice 0.2db 4 way, fuji lnb noice 0.3db, maximum noice, but all my effort is allways 20% bot in the day and in night. And i hv seen many people withing my area using dsame 1.8mm pan dish to nail the nilesat. Plc i need your help about this, plc i need the real lnb 4 this. Am locating in west nigeria ado ekiti,

bros thats a tough job o with 1.8m dish, but i think you should be able to recieve some tp though. try and get digisat or invacom lnb. that may help. and ask the people who had installed in your area what kind of lnb they use
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by seunoluomo(m): 10:10am On Jun 11, 2011
All,
can i refoil a strong pan dish ? if yes pls where can i get or buy the foil?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
seunoluomo,
refoiling is for fibre dishes not metal or pan types.
the best you can do for strong pan (asumming it is not dented or warped)
is to repaint it with a good oil paint and it will bounce back to life.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by ayosat(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
@oga Gorge D. What type of glue is best for refoiling fibre dish.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Femwal: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
@all, i bought invacom lnb yesterday for my 180cm pan dish to track nilesat, pls asist me with high tp dat whot 65 to 70% quality or more dan dat,thanks
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by bigphil2: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2011
Hi guys, I'm looking to nail nilesat in Nairobi. I have a 8ft (2.4m) C band dish that came in sections. It was the only big dish I could find. I have a fuji SSI-T1100 lnb and I'm about to have an Inverto Black Ultra IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP Lnb delivered soon. I know Kungu has nailed this bird with a 2.4m offset dish. I want to get it by tracking AB2 first. Is it possible with the equipment I have to get it.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by matthee(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
Please, can i know how and what i need for MBC channels and Decoder type, Dish size, east or west and any other thing i need to know, this is my email. (matthee@mtnnigeria.net) I wil be very grateful for all assisstance, I want to try it my self if i need help i will call. I stay at Surulere Lagos. Thanks alot my FTA Gurus. Long live FTA and The Gurus.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by nabilyoun: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
hello how are u iam in nairobi kenya i would like to know how can i have nile sat
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by matthee(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Stil need to be cleared on this tread.

Please, can i know how and what i need for MBC channels and Decoder type, Dish size, east or west and any other thing i need to know, this is my email. (matthee@mtnnigeria.net[/b]) phone number, 08032003285[b] I wil be very grateful for all assisstance, I want to try it my self if i need help i will call. I stay at Surulere Lagos. Thanks alot my FTA Gurus. Long live FTA and The Gurus.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mwarawaa(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2011
big_phil:

Hi guys, I'm looking to nail nilesat in Nairobi. I have a 8ft (2.4m) C band dish that came in sections. It was the only big dish I could find. I have a fuji SSI-T1100 lnb and I'm about to have an Inverto Black Ultra IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP Lnb delivered soon. I know Kungu has nailed this bird with a 2.4m offset dish. I want to get it by tracking AB2 first. Is it possible with the equipment I have to get it.

you are good to go for it in your location with as little as 130 cm.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by sparklord: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2011
pls anybody help. i brought 2.4m dish and i wanted to track nilesat with it but unfortunately i did not get it , pls someone help, what do i do
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2011
sparklord:

pls anybody help. i brought 2.4m dish and i wanted to track nilesat with it but unfortunately i did not get it , pls someone help, what do i do

Where is your location?, Do u have people using a 2.4 m dish to receive nilesat in your neighbourhood?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mwarawaa(m): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2011
Mbc2 on nilesat201

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 3:05am On Oct 03, 2011
Good work Kungu.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mwarawaa(m): 6:27am On Oct 03, 2011
New channel on nilesat 201. 4d tv. 11727 h 27500

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talenty(m): 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
Is Nilesat on ku band or C band. A friend of mine bought 4m pan dish. An installer has be trying to nail nilesat for over a week now all to no avail. The location is in Enugu-ezike Nsukka in Enugu state. What probably will the problem be?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
Nilesat is on ku band.is your 4m pan dish locally fabricate or ready made?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talenty(m): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2011
It was locally fabricated by a welder who has been doing that for a long time.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2011
talenty,
tell the installer to first of all confirm the focal lenght of the dish by tracking nss 7 @22W. he should use 10986v, 30,000sr. if he gets anything less than 98% signal quality then he should re-align the dish and adjust the focal lenght until he gets full signal. if he tries all he can and still gets less than 98% (full bar) there is no need going for nilesat because he won't get any signal.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talenty(m): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
Thanks Goerge D. He just did that and got nilesat straight. U're a guru. Please how can I get the smart card and subscription for aljazeera sports or abuhdaby sports and at which prizes? I heard they show premier league marches
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by obnelly: 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
Abudabi shld be around 45k and aljazeera shld be 20-25k can you just give me a call?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.