Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic (40142 Views)

Shiite Member Hangs On Speeding Car, Smashes The Windscreen / Raped Rhodes University Student Commits Suicide, 3 Months After / Hunter Kills Younger Brother In Kogi In The Farm, Claims He Saw A Monkey On Tree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by iluvpomo(m): 6:18am On Nov 25, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:
The only Nigerian school I can vouch for that's read & pass/fail is NOUN.

Call it whatever you want, but your score will show up seconds after you submit & cannot be influened by anyone asides you unlike conventional universities.

No lecturers, no staff to sleep with or bribe.

The staff don't even have access to your scores so they can't threaten you in anyway.

JAMB has adopted this strategy, I heard Unilag has too (partially).

Its the future of education.

I am sorry but you cannot compare a distance learning educational institution to a traditional school with buildings. There is just no comparison at all .... the conventional/traditional school is king all day long. With NOUN, you can easily get someone else to write the exams for you.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by DONADAMS(m): 6:18am On Nov 25, 2017
AtbuAbdul:
This is our ATBU! My Alma mata. The frustration is too much. I am Graduate of Civil Engineering (2005 to 2011) from the University. The school is known for its high standards that impact negatively on the life of her students, both as an undergraduate and after graduation.
this is a school when admitted into, you can't exactly tell when you'll Graduate we used to refer to our expected date of graduation as (5yrs + X), X being unknown not as a result of the normal delay from ASUU strikes which affect every other uni but due to the fact that when you get into the University there are a lot factors that will frustrate you from graduating within the normal duration. Like myself, I spent 6yrs for a 5yr course and that's is even because I didn't have any personal problem to give me extra yrs in school.
this is a school where almost all your courses are requisite or prerequisite to other courses. That is, if you dare fail one you automatically get an extra yr some chain could span from 200l till 500l. e.g if one fail CE211 you can't register CE222 until you pass it. Failing CE222 would prevent you from registering CE311 and CE311 to CE321 and it goes on like that till 500l.
this is a uni that only few exceptional and lucky students get to raise their CGPAs it always seemed as if you are dragging something with your lecturers, from how mean they are in making assessments of you either in tests or exams. This is a school that withdraw students who can't get up to 0.25 GPA in their 1st semester or 1.00 in subsequent semesters and you still get to hear about 300-600 students being withdrawn every session. I remember vividly the NUC rating either of 2006 or 2007 which placed the school 5th overall best uni in Nigeria but with the best Engineering, a report that rightly advise parents to watch the kind of uni they send their wards to because of how bad the students' results they saw displayed in every department in ATBU were. I can't forget in a hurry how my 1st CGPA of 3.76/5.00 crumbled b4 my very eyes. From 3.76 to 3.66 to 3.58 to 3.36 to ...., It went on and on and on until I finally graduated with 3.13. It was really frustrating. It got to a point that all I wanted is just how I would graduate and not what I graduate with.
ATBU is the only uni that withdraw students on academic grounds and these students would go to other uni and graduate with 2.1 or 2.2 or some times with nearly 1st class
it's only in ATBU students get carry over in IT or even in final year project you will student doing IT twice or a student spilling because of project. You can count the no of 1st class graduating students every year -not more than 10 from the entire uni. My Dept, civil engineering has never produced any 1st class since the official inception of the school in 1980.
some lecturers would tell you 'A' is 4 God, 'B' is 4 him and the extraordinary students and 'C'... is for others they tell you they are training you for the future when in actuality they are ruining your future. Because how do you even compete favourably with graduates from other uni in the labour market when they are coming with CGPAs of at least 2.1 when you are presenting mostly 2.2 and 3rd class or even pass? So, all these and more are enough to get students frustrated and depressed which most times result to self-withdrawal from the school or even make them nurse suicide. It was only faith in God and His mercy that saw us through successfully.
We used to call the school ATomic Bomb University (ATBU). grin grin

So, something really need to be done raise the standard of the University in a way that would make but not mar the future of the students.
this guy is very right!!!I can relate....your dept finally produced a first class..sometime around 2014/15 or so....great balewite!!

3 Likes

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by spencekat(m): 6:18am On Nov 25, 2017
medexico:
Oh Lord! please, don't ever make me suicidal
It's not God who makes people suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by oweman: 6:29am On Nov 25, 2017
Those are not suicide pictures they look more like that is a murder victim
Heist have being hung there to give impression of suicide by those that killed jhim

picture they say dont lie
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by begwong: 6:39am On Nov 25, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
mods please help op correct that his headline
Correct it to what? You didn't quote what to be corrected!
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by HopeRisingmatte(m): 6:42am On Nov 25, 2017
danvon:
Please translate those alashala stuff
Translation :
From God we have come and to God we shall return. A student of the ATBU hangs himself. May God give us wisdom and knowledge and the ability to live in peace.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by Saintinoo(m): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2017
Boole3:
omg!... when? I'm in the school and I've not heard 'bout it yet
happened at Gubi campus
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by debanj326: 7:15am On Nov 25, 2017
Suicide is a product of depression and frustration, a lot of people have been frustrated in this country. The economy is not friendly, we don't have serious minded leaders, our security is not guaranteed, our future is bleak and our rights are been denied. This is the time for us to rise and fight for our future in this country, we should rise and build the future of our next generation else Somalia will be better than Nigeria in the nearest future
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by SeniorZato(m): 7:29am On Nov 25, 2017
jiinxed:
Buhari brother, you will get no pity from me. Good riddance

U are heartless and capable of killing
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by EazyMoh(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2017
AtbuAbdul:
This is our ATBU! My Alma mata. The frustration is too much. I am Graduate of Civil Engineering (2005 to 2011) from the University. The school is known for its high standards that impact negatively on the life of her students, both as an undergraduate and after graduation.
this is a school when admitted into, you can't exactly tell when you'll Graduate we used to refer to our expected date of graduation as (5yrs + X), X being unknown not as a result of the normal delay from ASUU strikes which affect every other uni but due to the fact that when you get into the University there are a lot factors that will frustrate you from graduating within the normal duration. Like myself, I spent 6yrs for a 5yr course and that's is even because I didn't have any personal problem to give me extra yrs in school.
this is a school where almost all your courses are requisite or prerequisite to other courses. That is, if you dare fail one you automatically get an extra yr some chain could span from 200l till 500l. e.g if one fail CE211 you can't register CE222 until you pass it. Failing CE222 would prevent you from registering CE311 and CE311 to CE321 and it goes on like that till 500l.
this is a uni that only few exceptional and lucky students get to raise their CGPAs it always seemed as if you are dragging something with your lecturers, from how mean they are in making assessments of you either in tests or exams. This is a school that withdraw students who can't get up to 0.25 GPA in their 1st semester or 1.00 in subsequent semesters and you still get to hear about 300-600 students being withdrawn every session. I remember vividly the NUC rating either of 2006 or 2007 which placed the school 5th overall best uni in Nigeria but with the best Engineering, a report that rightly advise parents to watch the kind of uni they send their wards to because of how bad the students' results they saw displayed in every department in ATBU were. I can't forget in a hurry how my 1st CGPA of 3.76/5.00 crumbled b4 my very eyes. From 3.76 to 3.66 to 3.58 to 3.36 to ...., It went on and on and on until I finally graduated with 3.13. It was really frustrating. It got to a point that all I wanted is just how I would graduate and not what I graduate with.
ATBU is the only uni that withdraw students on academic grounds and these students would go to other uni and graduate with 2.1 or 2.2 or some times with nearly 1st class
it's only in ATBU students get carry over in IT or even in final year project you will student doing IT twice or a student spilling because of project. You can count the no of 1st class graduating students every year -not more than 10 from the entire uni. My Dept, civil engineering has never produced any 1st class since the official inception of the school in 1980.
some lecturers would tell you 'A' is 4 God, 'B' is 4 him and the extraordinary students and 'C'... is for others they tell you they are training you for the future when in actuality they are ruining your future. Because how do you even compete favourably with graduates from other uni in the labour market when they are coming with CGPAs of at least 2.1 when you are presenting mostly 2.2 and 3rd class or even pass? So, all these and more are enough to get students frustrated and depressed which most times result to self-withdrawal from the school or even make them nurse suicide. It was only faith in God and His mercy that saw us through successfully.

So, something really need to be done raise the standard of the University in a way that would make but not mar the future of the students.
ATBU is a useless University. I spent 7years to get a degree am yet to make anything meaningful it of.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by buoye1(m): 8:02am On Nov 25, 2017
Sirgay:
I've heard of the school, it's read and pass, no bribing, no cheating, if caught with an empty paper in a test you are going home.

I heard a lecturer gave his wife C.O, a prof son was withdrawn. The school deny the past vc's son admission despite passing jamb.
Absolutely correct...ATBU na die
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by H2Ossss(m): 8:15am On Nov 25, 2017
Sirgay:
I've heard of the school, it's read and pass, no bribing, no cheating, if caught with an empty paper in a test you are going home.

I heard a lecturer gave his wife C.O, a prof son was withdrawn. The school deny the past vc's son admission despite passing jamb.

hahahaha... you heard well...
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by Inkredible(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2017
Just one look at that picture and it screams of murder and not suicide.

If that is suicide, I might as well be the president of America.

Rip young lad.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by katoto: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2017
AtbuAbdul:

I concur with all your assertions.I actually graduated 1997 set.Came out with 2.1.I thought the standard has been mellowed down.It wasn't easy then though I had no problem throughout.You need 2 a thick skin to withstand all the hassles.May God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:27am On Nov 25, 2017
iluvpomo:
[size=8pt][/size]
I am sorry but you cannot compare a distance learning educational institution to a traditional school with buildings. There is just no comparison at all .... the conventional/traditional school is king all day long. With NOUN, you can easily get someone else to write the exams for you.
in d one with buildin pple no de write for pple get sense abrg....
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by H2Ossss(m): 8:27am On Nov 25, 2017
AtbuAbdul:
this is a school when admitted into, you can't exactly tell when you'll Graduate we used to refer to our expected date

ATBU... Spent 7 years for a 5 year course without having a single carry over... even without having a carry over my 2.1 no too strong like that... lol... that school nearly ruin my life.. in another school i should have graduated as a 4 pointer... lecturers there are sadist.. sorry to say...

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by ofuregbe(f): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2017
Iamtipsyy:
Na wash
it's true ooooo ..am a student there.. it's really not easy but God pass them
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by TEYA: 8:37am On Nov 25, 2017
Sirgay:

That is my Alma mater! cool cool cool
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by klassd(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2017
Sirgay:

Very correct I graduated in 2015, the prof that gave his wife C/O is a mechanical engineering prof.

ATBU!!!! No sorting. you must read/cram and pass.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by klassd(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2017
AtbuAbdul:

Greatest Balewite.
Chemical Engineering graduate 2015!

CE 211/222 wasn't beans... Engr. Sani made life a living hell.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by klassd(m): 9:39am On Nov 25, 2017
DONADAMS:
this guy is very right!!!I can relate....your dept finally produced a first class..sometime around 2014/15 or so....great balewite!!

Yea that was my set. The course rep graduated with a first class.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by DONADAMS(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2017
klassd:

Yea that was my set. The course rep graduated with a first class.
ohhh..balewite...how's life after school?
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by klassd(m): 10:22am On Nov 25, 2017
DONADAMS:
ohhh..balewite...how's life after school?
Life has been fair broh.... still hoping for sth better!
I hope you are doing fine too?
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by klassd(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2017
EazyMoh:

ATBU is a useless University. I spent 7years to get a degree am yet to make anything meaningful it of.
lol calm down Broda, its not just about the degree. Its more about the values we add to ourselves after school. #Balewite

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by 9jajoseph: 10:25am On Nov 25, 2017
Sirgay:

This the kind of school I always dream of. I brought IMSU form last year and a lecturer in the school have started demanding for 60K to sort for admission, I didn't pay because I don't believe in Bribery. I didn't gain admission
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by DONADAMS(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2017
klassd:
Life has been fair broh.... still hoping for sth better! I hope you are doing fine too?
good good.. all the best bro

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by DONADAMS(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2017
klassd:
Life has been fair broh.... still hoping for sth better! I hope you are doing fine too?
good good.. all the best bro
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by Ahmed4002(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2017
[quote author=klassd post=62696218]

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by nelsonebby(m): 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sirgay:

going off topic.
Re: Abubakar Tafewa University Student Commits Suicide, Corpse Hangs On Tree.Graphic by ArchangeLucifer: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
iluvpomo:
[size=8pt][/size]

Really? How?

The student's passport is superimposed on the screen, his face is also pasted on the compuer screen when you want to sign out of the hall. There are cameras in the halls also.

It is virtually impossible - you will be easily caught. Unlike conventional universities where it happens all d time.

Just like that, your point has shown you don't even know how the exams are conducted. Please argue what you know.

I attended a conventional Uni too but the truth must be told. My first exam, Math101 I was caught copying, I ran away & submitted at d oher end of he hall with another lecturer & escaped because all students were asked to submit & d commotion favoured me.

How will that happen in NOUN?

And is it buildings that determine educational excellence? Lol.

Okay answer this. JAMB has always complained of exams malpractice. Why did it convert to e-exams if it were worse?

Can you write JAMB 4 anyone now like they used 2 b4?

And your results show up in under how many hours? Bro be real nah...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Men Steal Panties In Benin, Caught And Forced To Burn Them. Photos / Man Rapes 8-year-old Girl To Coma In Otukpo, Benue State (PHOTO) / Imo Residents Catch And Disarm Robbers & Beat Them Mercilessly(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.