Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (32818 Views)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 8 Years Of Waiting / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Which kyn confusing and incomprehensible story be dis?

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by isax(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
it is well
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Threebear(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by miqos03: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2017
Aristotle96:
bruhhh are you sure you even read the first three lines at all? kiss
its nice he met his father after 24years
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Awoofawo(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Your Dad must have a valid reason for running back to Abuja..............You said some folks planned to kill him in the past and you also stated that he was scheme out of his Scholarship benefit.

Why not try to meet him in Abuja instead....your father is probably afraid of someone in your own state of origin or community. Don't just blame him, try and find out what real chase him away in the first place....the unfortunate truth is you maybe more sad after discovering the truth. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

The enemies of your father maybe someone every close to you............... wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Prognose: 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:
Dear Nairalanders: I Need Your Matured Advice.

I Don't Need To Create A Different Moniker Coz Life Is Unfair.

Take Time To Read And Offer Your Best Advice.

Since I Was Born, I Know My Father Exist But Sadly, I Don't Know His Whereabout For The Past 24yrs.

ABOUT MY FATHER.

My Father Studied Abroad, Graduated With 1st Class Honours (comes with an Award and Cash Prize). He Came Back And Employed By Rivers State Govt. After Some Time, The Award/Prize Came From Switzerland. He Was Informed. Those Who Received n Was In charge Declared Him Dead. He Name Was Removed From Voucher, And They Wanted To Kill Him.

From Some Books I Saw He Wrote, He Was Referred To As "Dr.", Working 2wards His "Professorship".

My Mom Told Me That He Wrote To Ex President Jonathan, And He (Jonathan) Assigned Some Govt Officials, They Were Invited To Abuja, And After That Nothing Was Done.

I Don't Know How He Feeds, Cloth Or Where He Resides (Exact Location).

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

After Graduating In 2016, My Family Members Pressured Me To Search For Him If He Was Still Alive. As The Only Child, I Need No Other Alternative Than To The Needful.

I Started The Journey From Rivers State To Abuja, With The Help Of Some Unknown Person's In Abuja. I Pleaded With Him To Come Home, And Those Persons Assisted Me And He Came Home.

We Had Our 1st Family Meeting, Which I Promise To Handle The Issue In A More Diplomatic Way With The Assistance Of Some People I Discussed With.

I Started Working With Those Men, We Scheduled A Date To See The Ex Governor Of Rivers State (Ex Gov. Omehia). Dear Nairalanders, Just Some Weeks To The Date, My Father Ran Back To Abuja.

I Was Disappointed. I Swept Bitterly. This Man Doesn't Know How His Only Child Eat, Cloth, Or How I Managed Throughout My Days As An Undergraduate, And More Importantly, The Past 24yrs.

My Mom Is Suffering - Emotionally And Otherwise.

How Can I Handle This Situation?

Have I Not Tried My Best?

I Am More Than Confused.

For the love of Pete!

Are you so inconsiderate?

Dont you understand that people are trying to kill him?

Don't you know they might even trace your movements to him if he communicates with you too frequently?

Shebi you have managed to stay alive all these years without his input, guy, find a way to visit him once in while if the thing is doing you too much. If not, free him. Don't let his enemies succeed because you want to be seeing your daddy.

That's how a former commissioner of delta state was assassinated in his house because he wasn't careful enough. Guy, get your head out of the clouds and be a man!

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by bayusman: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
You should fine him again spend some times with him, know his reasons for running away.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by bigtt76(f): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
Next time you see him, make sure you tie him up and bundle him away to wherever you want ....thank me later grin
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Mrkumareze(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
Your story is not comprehensive enough meanwhile, if a child does not ask what killed his father, the same thing will also kill him. Better be wise, there are things you remove from animal before they become edible .
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by winkmart: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
OK
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by pussyeater(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
Story wen get K-Leg undecided

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by pattybf(f): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
Op, pls try n make dis story more clearer, while we r still at Ebuka's wedding.

Ah! I mean Banky W's wedding .

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Supreme01: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
I think you should apply this:
* make findings if he has another family, if he as just know that is were his hart is
*asked your mum the history of thier relationship with ur dad.
what i mean were they forced into marriage. etc.
* If you are a Christian call God into the situation by fasting and continouns prayer. properbly it's spiritual

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by mastermaestro(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
Incomplete story. No advice will be useful unless you tell the story in full and coherently.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Rozaytee: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
@op... same thing for me too.. haven't seen mine in 22 years.... don't even know his where about.... but unfortunately.. am reluctant to find out

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Promxy94(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
.omehia is recognised and is known as a former governor of Rivers state.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by stonecoldcafe: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2017
Rozaytee:
@op... same thing for me too.. haven't seen mine in 22 years.... don't even know his where about.... but unfortunately.. am reluctant to find out

When you want to marry, you will find him. Your in-laws will make you to. Unless na oyibo you marry. I knew someone like you. The girl, her mother and her mothers family were willing to give out the child in marriage but the in-laws refused. They wanted the fathers people. It just depends on the family you choose to marry from
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Rozaytee: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
stonecoldcafe:

When you want to marry, you will find him. Your in-laws will make you to. Unless na oyibo you marry. I knew someone like you. The girl, her mother and her mothers family were willing to give out the child in marriage but the in-laws refused. They wanted the fathers people. It just depends on the family you choose to marry from
wen I want to get married I will tell my in-laws.... everything that happened...... cus searching might be a total waste of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by illicit(m): 4:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
add the missing details op. this story isnt complete na
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
I don't get why they want him to come back to rivers state, it's not like it's outside the country undecided, and what stopped you and your mum from moving with him to Abuja,its not like you need visa to do that, undecided this story get as e be

1 Like

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Rilwantalarape(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

Since I Was Born, I Know My Father Exist But Sadly, I Don't Know His Whereabout For The Past 24yrs.

ABOUT MY FATHER.

My Father Studied Abroad, Graduated With 1st Class Honours (comes with an Award and Cash Prize). He Came Back And Employed By Rivers State Govt. After Some Time, The Award/Prize Came From Switzerland. He Was Informed. Those Who Received n Was In charge Declared Him Dead. He Name Was Removed From Voucher, And They Wanted To Kill Him.

From Some Books I Saw He Wrote, He Was Referred To As "Dr.", Working 2wards His "Professorship".

My Mom Told Me That He Wrote To Ex President Jonathan, And He (Jonathan) Assigned Some Govt Officials, They Were Invited To Abuja, And After That Nothing Was Done.

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

After Graduating In 2016, My Family Members Pressured Me To Search For Him If He Was Still Alive. As The Only Child, I Need No Other Alternative Than To The Needful.

I Started The Journey From Rivers State To Abuja, With The Help Of Some Unknown Person's In Abuja. I Pleaded With Him To Come Home, And Those Persons Assisted Me And He Came Home.

We Had Our 1st Family Meeting, Which I Promise To Handle The Issue In A More Diplomatic Way With The Assistance Of Some People I Discussed With.

I Started Working With Those Men, We Scheduled A Date To See The Ex Governor Of Rivers State (Ex Gov. Omehia). Dear Nairalanders, Just Some Weeks To The Date, My Father Ran Back To Abuja.

I Was Disappointed. I Swept Bitterly. This Man Doesn't Know How His Only Child Eat, Cloth, Or How I Managed Throughout My Days As An Undergraduate, And More Importantly, The Past 24yrs.

I Am More Than Confused.

Bro, I understand your pain but I would advice you visit him in Abuja to hear his story out if he's living comfortable, but if he's not, maybe he's just scared of returning home without nothing after travelling abroad for so many years. Believe me, I've seen a man here too, he's been here for almost 20 years, he's living hand to mouth, had a conversation with him some few months back and he said he would rather die here because he has no family member back home because his Mum and dad are late whereas he's got a wife, a son and some siblings back home in Nigeria which he showed me their pictures. A friend and I offered to pay his flight back home and give him some money to start up a business in Nigeria, he said "NO" cos he's got nothing to show for all his years abroad... And that's just one of many cases.

2 Likes

Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by MrMoney007: 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
just persuade him to script your name as his next of kin in everything he has, then wait till he dies and enjoy your loot
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by emerazz(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
wat did u want him back for in d first place? For 24 yrs u dont knw him and no shit was given.. Guy go luk out for somtin worth ur tim and do with it jhor. He came back u went and cal omehia? To do wat? Join u guys togeda or wat ur story aint complet man
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by okewumi: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
Why not go to Abuja or your mum relocate to Abuja. He has a reason why he ran away which he can not explain to you with your level of understanding.
I have heard a story where a family man renounced his membership to a secret cult group and they are after his life, and they had made covenant not to tell their family about the it. He has to run away for his life.
Try to look at it from other angle bro
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Slayer2: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Metrobaba:

ABOUT MY FATHER.

FAST TRACK TO 2017.

I Am More Than Confused.

Guy. If I give advice will you take it? undecided if you will take it. Mail me at ziraalison@gmail.com, let me tell you something.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Xisnin(m): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
A 24 year old shouldn't be behaving like a kid.
You haven't had a father all your life and when you should
concentrate on moving forward with your life you are busy
searching for a father that was never there.

Don't let any family member control your life, you are now an
adult and should solely be the captain of your own life.
Unless he has mental problems and need help, do not look for
him again!
He is just a sperm donor and not a father.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by aviationguy: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
I will sympathy with you on the emotional trauma you had gone through over the years but thus are more details you need to be highlighted for proper counseling.

1.Ask your mother what happened before he traveled out of the country because at this stage your mother input is very important.

2.The long years he abandoned your mother does it mean he never called her or there are family issues of which you were too young to be told then.

3.If you says the fear of being assainated makes him to stay off for such years I don't believe that is rightfully understanding to a reasonable faculty person.

4.This matter is beyond your capabilities,go to the elders in your village they are in the best position to settle this matter.

5.seek spiritual counseling for your father with the Holy Spirit inbide pastor or prophet but becareful with the fake and fraudulent people who pose as pastor or prophet.

6.lastly pray more for the Holy Spirit to guide you accordingly.

take care cheers
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2017
bastien:
I dint know what to say... But from your story, I think he is running away from something, maybe ex politicians or current politicians in rivers.... Since you know where you can find him I'm Abuja, you can still go there to know more about him, especially why he is afraid of rivers

They Actually Tried To Kill Him, But That Was In 1994
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2017
DuBLINGreenb:
He needs deliverance or atleast counselling

But ur story isn't complete ...1.Addax gave ur dad scholarship, 2. Who wanted him dead 3. Did ur mum or dad remarry etc

Before you do reconciliation understand what happened to him properly was it arrow from the village? Did he see someone who was part of those that wanted him dead? Or did the place remind him of his past that he couldn't bear etc when you get all or some of these then you can reconcile the family

N/B
Omehia was never a governor of Rivers state legally speaking the 3 months he served was stolen from Amaechi and as such is seen as part of Amaechi's tenure

You Should Know Our Country, The Money (Prize) Came But Those In Power Back Decided To Deny The Man Is Hard Work.

My Mom Can't Not Re-Marry Coz She Is Legally Married.
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
Xisnin:
A 24 year old shouldn't be behaving like a kid.
You haven't had a father all your life and when you should
concentrate on moving forward with your life you are busy
searching for a father that was never there.

Don't let any family member control your life, you are now an
adult and should solely be the captain of your own life.
Unless he has mental problems and need help, do not look for
him again!
He is just a sperm donor and not a father.

Bro, You Don't Understand The Pain Of Growing Up Without A Father, Especially When You Have 1 And You Don't Know His Whereabout.
I'm Not A Kid. the Fact I Brought This Here Is bcoz The Pressure Is Much Now
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by Neenap(f): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2017
Nairalanders/ mods please I don't know the offense I committed that made you guys delete my post. I simply posted on the job section the thread that says "All working class enter here let's discuss and help other" as other people posted their resume, so did I, I followed the rules strictly but I don't know why my post was deleted Moreso I think I've been banned cos I can't repost anything in any of the job section please can someone tell me my offence and what do I do.

Please I know this might not be the right place to post this but u guys should see to this please,
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Thanks
Re: I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... by baby124: 5:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
You sure your dad does not need mental care? This sounds like someone who is delusional and paranoid. My dear, no one can take out his name from an award if he is still alive and can easily prove it. Sorry, but something is not right with your father. Don't blame him or yourself, I am sure he is not even better off than you. He may even be worse off. It's not your fault he abandoned you, it's not his fault either. I am sure he doesn't even have the capacity to understand why he does what he does. Sometimes genius comes with mental illness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / What Is Wrong With Being An Introvert? / Joseph Blankson: An Unsung Hero Who Died Rescuing 13 Victims Of A Boat Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.