Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. (353 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / "If Paying Tithes Makes You Rich, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg Would've Been Poor" / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. by breadandtea(f): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
I know this might sound controversial, but it's the truth.

For sometime now, there has been so much controversy on tithes and how MOG enrich themselves with tithes. Many are of the opinion that the tithes should be donated and shared to the less privileged in the society. Having thought about it, I know it would be a bad idea as it would have a more detrimental effect.

Taking the North and Islam as a case study. It's a fact that the North has the highest number of buggers, both Alamjiris and matured people. Having stayed in the North, It is general knowledge that it is because of Zakaah and Sadaqah that has made so many of them very lazy. Some prefer to beg than to work, a poor man knowing fully well he can't even provide for himself would get married to 4 wives. They know that one way or the other, they would not go hungry and would make money because Zakaah and Sadaqah are compulsory.

For those who don't know the meaning of Sadaqah and Zakaah, it is a form of compulsory payment imposed on Muslims by The Quran, to provide for the poor.

If Churches start giving all the tithes to the poor, trust me, the amount of beggers would triple in Nigeria, because now both Christians and Muslims know that they don't have to work, but they would be provided for.

There should be better ways of utilizing the tithes, rather than giving it wholly to the poor.

1 Like

Re: Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. by breadandtea(f): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. by ofai: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
breadandtea:
I know this might sound controversial, but it's the truth.

For sometime now, there has been so much controversy on tithes and how MOG enrich themselves with tithes. Many are of the opinion that the tithes should be donated and shared to the less privileged in the society. Having thought about it, I know it would be a bad idea as it would have a more detrimental effect.

Taking the North and Islam as a case study. It's a fact that the North has the highest number of buggers, both Alamjiris and matured people. Having stayed in the North, It is general knowledge that it is because of Zakaah and Sadaqah that has made so many of them very lazy. Some prefer to beg than to work, a poor man knowing fully well he can't even provide for himself would get married to 4 wives. They know that one way or the other, they would not go hungry and would make money because Zakaah and Sadaqah are compulsory.

For those who don't know the meaning of Sadaqah and Zakaah, it is a form of compulsory payment imposed on Muslims by The Quran, to provide for the poor.

If Churches start giving all the tithes to the poor, trust me, the amount of beggers would triple in Nigeria, because now both Christians and Muslims know that they don't have to work, but they would be provided for.

There should be better ways of utilizing the tithes, rather than giving it wholly to the poor.

I agree with you 100%
Re: Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. by OtemSapien: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
What will the gods eat? grin
Malachi said that Yahweh said, bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be food in my house. YahwehPenis once said that if god(Yahweh) is not fed with tithes, he will go angry and get hungry. So OP, pay your tithe in church to sustain your god.

1 Like

Re: Why Tithes Shouldn't Be Given Wholly To The Poor. by bkool7(m): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
There you have a point

Now we stuck between giving to the the poor or our comfortable pastor

Though Lagos Govt now has a Fund where they take care of beggars with funds donated by people.
So do we now give it to our corrupt politicians?

(1) (Reply)

You Need Only This Book In Your Life / How Does God Distribute Gifts / Daddyfreeze Intentionally Misunderstood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.