Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

“Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges (20588 Views)

Breaking News: Nigerians Selling Local Rice Twice The Price, As Foreign Rice / "I Slept With 18 Men In One Day" - 19-Year-Old Libyan Returnee / Nigerians And Ghanaians Run Libyan Slave Camps - Cameroonian Returnee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Futureleader201(m): 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
IamHeWrites:
A Twitter user has taken to the platform to alleged that Nigerians are involved in the auctioning of migrants off as slaves in Libya.

News about “slave markets” (in North Africa, particularly Libya) where Nigerians and other Africans are being sold for $400 or less have been making the rounds after a CNN report was published.

The Twitter user, on his timeline, shared a thread on a friend who attempted crossing from Africa to Europe but was sold off as a slave instead.

The friend eventually found his way back to Nigeria, he wrote, but not before he was sold twice, raped, beaten and abused.
The friend was one of 32 who arrived in Libya in July 2016, out of 49 who left Nigeria.

All of the girls were sold, he wrote, and only 3 of 29 boys made it back home.

Read the thread below;

http://www.torimill.com/2017/11/selling-fellow-citizens-to-libyan.html

When Evil men are in power, may people perish. There's serious hunger in the contraption called Nigeria.

A country created with fraud and decit. Even in the next 1000 years to come, nothing good can come out of this country except that those evil minded politician go into extinction.

A country where criminals are celebrating and justice truncated.

I Sorry sorry sorry oooo I Sorry for Nigeria .... Fela kuti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by cyberguy72(m): 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pls gist us ur experience so others can learn from and forgo such dangerous voyage

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by TEYA: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
dukie25:
Not one Nigerian was sold into slavery during the last administration.

Badluck always follow Buhari just like his cows follow him anywhere he goes.
Your Edo friends have been travelling to Libya since 1914, blame them (and not Buhari) for their desperation, ashawo work no be business.
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by IVORY2009(m): 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
biacan:
This is no news........it happen to my friends thank GOD they survived

I hope u are not the one, if not someone will mark register in heaven today grin
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by mmsen: 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
I've always said that the majority of Africans have learned NOTHING from the previous 500 years.

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by dukie25: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
[s]
TEYA:

Your Edo friends have been travelling to Libya since 1914, blame them (and not Buhari) for their desperation, ashawo work no be business.
[/s]
How many Edo people were there, do you have the list?

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by delishpot: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
onatisi:

they thought they are smarter and more courageous than others who decided to stay back .
many of them will have their lives wasted before coming back home , by the time they get back to nigeria , they wont even be useful to themselves .

I just hope others are learning Sha. Because some people just don't learn from others experiences.
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2017
We have very useless leaders from all corners of Nigeria, we don't teach our history past 1960, this people have no idea of the hate Arabs have for blacks, 1,200 years of Arab/Islam slavery in West Africa. They called blacks Abeed which means slaves, some Yoruba muslims probably still bear this name in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by pansophist(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ignorance, illiteracy, and resistance to advice are some of the worse features a person can have. Going abroad legally is not even that difficult. I am very active in the nairaland's travel sections and have helped many guys move to Europe legally. It all involves finances, qualification (in the case of students) and information, that's all. For one to embark on such journey when there is a far easier option is plain stupidity.

Even if they successfully make it to Europe, it's the beginning of suffering part two. Being physically present in Europe doesn't mean the system is open to you. Without legal residency, one may spend the next 10 years living from hand to mouth by charity organizations, your whole life will be stagnant as you watch it waste away in your very eyes. Going home will probably not be an option and being legal will something that exists only in the dictionary. It is not worth it at all. I live in the Netherlands and it is not uncommon to find Africans that have been illegal for over 20 years. A carpenter I know has virtually given up about residency since it has proven for over two decades to be an impossibility. Even a girl to marry (no matter how fat, ugly, old) will be a luxury. That feeling when the lowest of the low will not even want to be around you. The western world is inherently capitalistic.

Besides, a Nigerian can just move to other 14 Ecowas countries like Ghana, that is relatively better compared to Nigeria. It doesn't have to be Europe. Most of this young folks can afford a smartphone with data, just googling about life in their destination countries will expose all the hardship that solidify the idea that it truly does not worth it. What is life when you cant go to the hospital, no landlord will legally rent to you, cant work, always on the run from the police, be at the mercy of everyone and constantly looked down upon? The same water a fish thrives on (to be legal) is the same water that it is cooked in (to be illegal). I encourage immigration but do it legally, to smoothens the path for self-realisation.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by NigerDeltan(m): 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Munae:

am fine

Av a lot to tell u if only u reply my pm
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Mbediogu(m): 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Benjom:
This reminds me of "Kintakinte"... abi na "Kuntakunte" sef.

Kunta Kinte. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by BudeYahooCom: 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Zoogerians are evil.
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by starz100: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
The craze for money and the worship of same by mostly the youth is to blame. The only solution is for the Government to make material acquisition unattractive by taxing heavily ostentatious living, imagine in country where the minimum wage is 18k, one person is owning fleet of aircrafts. This is only possible in Nigeria.
The youth must change their mindset about riches and the rich.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by seguno2: 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
starz100:
The craze for money and the worship of same by mostly the youth is to blame. The only solution is for the Government to make material acquisition unattractive by taxing heavily ostentatious living, imagine in country where the minimum wage is 18k, one person is owning fleet of aircrafts. This is only possible in Nigeria.
The youth must change their mindset about riches and the rich.

Best post by far.
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Small080(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
yes, this is not a news ... a man in Europe is name "Christian karemera" prove it and trying to buy the slave and set them free . I think he us trying hard
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by starz100: 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
seguno2:

Best post by far.
Thank you bro

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Elektra008(f): 2:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
cry make dem no go thru Libya again o, make dem go through Morocco enter Spain jare
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by IamEmem(m): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
biacan:
This is no news........it happen to my friends thank GOD they survived

Yimu, it happened to your friend or it happened to you. Better talk true now and share your experience. grin grin
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by topsypoly(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
Where is Ozoigbondu? ive missed your travel stories embarassed
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by tchimatic(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Munae:
#DUMBFOUNDED
you're safe baby... ain't nothing gonna happen to you
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Blackops(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
fiaaaaa... this kainthing is happening even in nAIJA. Nigerians SELLING EACH OTHER TO SLAVERY to work as house help, ABI Nigerians SELLING OTHER Nigerians FOR MONEY RITUALS. WETIN MAN PIKIN never see or hear? na God dey save person for this world.

Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by biacan(f): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
IamEmem:

Yimu, it happened to your friend or it happened to you. Better talk true now and share your experience. grin grin
Happened to my friend last year April....... so sad if you don't have money to travel by air I'm begging you guys in the name of the creator please remain in naija thank the creator he survived
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
lies! the picture of the guy in cuffs is from a movie, OP you are a liar! angry
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Litmus: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2017
I supose the Twitter guy has more info than CNN, BBC and Reuter that announced that those responsible for majority of trafficing and selling had been caught and no Nigerian was among them.

For instance: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-libya-migrants-interpol/forty-human-traffickers-arrested-500-people-rescued-in-west-africa-idUSKBN1DN1RL

Forty human traffickers arrested, 500 people rescued in West Africa

Reuters Staff

PARIS (Reuters) - Forty people were arrested and 500 people rescued after a swoop on human trafficking across West Africa, international police organization Interpol said on Thursday.

The Interpol-led action comes amid a global outcry sparked by footage of Africans being solved as slaves in Libya, often the final transit for migrants wanting to reach Europe.

In a statement, Interpol said that some 500 people, including 236 minors, had been rescued in simultaneous operations across Chad, Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal. Forty suspected traffickers were arrested.

“The results of this operation underline the challenge faced by law enforcement and all stakeholders in addressing human trafficking in the Sahel region,” said the operation’s coordinator Innocentia Apovo.

The 40 arrested face prosecution for offences including human trafficking, forced labor and child exploitation.

“They are accused of forcing victims to engage in activities ranging from begging to prostitution, with little to no regard for working conditions or human life,” the statement said.

if Nigerians were active in the trade and were operating in those Nations when arrests took place , no mention of this was made that I saw in official reports...
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Coolgent(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
It serve them right, next time mak dem go to Libya to hustle.
Meanwhile a need to buy 2 Igbos gals
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by makahlj2: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
Reminds me of how Africans were sold by fellow Africans to the white slave traders 300 years ago.
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by cooltola(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
The love of money is the root of all evil. Money is not say no to slavery and stop giving unreasonable excuses to sell people. Africans should stop deceiving themselves about Europe. Europe is no heaven ; do not kill your self or sell your freedom because you want to go to Europe
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Litmus: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
Frankly, it is high time Nigeria and International authorises give this thing a human face, the world should no longer accept hearsays,rumours and finger pointing which leave rooms for Blogger and paid internet hacks to exploit for political, racial and nationalistic slurs and gains. We need to see people responsible for such acts sent to court, photographed and otherwise outed so that everyone can see those genuinely responsible, know what Nation they come from and be left in no doubt. No more sneaky news by associations and surreptitious burying of evidence.
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by salesforce: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
Oh
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by nuelyoyo(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
Futureleader201:

When Evil men are in power, may people perish. There's serious hunger in the contraption called Nigeria.

A country created with fraud and decit. Even in the next 1000 years to come, nothing good can come out of this country except that those evil minded politician go into extinction.

A country where criminals are celebrating and justice truncated.

I Sorry sorry sorry oooo I Sorry for Nigeria .... Fela kuti
Femi Kuti not Fela
Re: “Nigerians Selling Fellow Citizens To Libyan Rebels” - Twitter User Alleges by Justinlean02(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is getting out of hand, mean while AU and UN are both clueless
Read more: Libyan Slavery : The Untold Failure of AU & UN (Disturbing Photos)
http://www.naijxclusive.com/libyan-slavery-the-untold-failure-of-au-un-disturbing-photos/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

37 People Killed As Herdsmen And Farmers Clash In Chad / Notorious Kidnap Kingpin And Gang Members Arrested In Cross River (Photos) / N2.9bn Fraud: Jonathan’s Godson, Two Others Jailed Six Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.