Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,648 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... (5612 Views)

I Just Received A Job Offer, But...... / Don't Know How True The Job Offer , But No Harm In Trial / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hello Nairalanders. I just got a job offer with the UN office in SOMALIA. Salary is $9,500 per month. My concern is the security situation in Somalia. I currently earn about N800k per month where I am working right now. I'm really confused. please I need advise from you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by haywire07(m): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
Which work gives u 800k per month make I come work for u , even if it's to stand on the road and be marketing the cars you are selling ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by don4real18(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
Hello Nairalanders. I just got a job offer with the UN office in SOMALIA. Salary is $9,500 per month. My concern is the security situation in Somalia. I currently earn about N800k per month where I am working right now. I'm really confused. please I need advise from you guys.
Brother, friend abeg link me... I'm seriously in need of a job

1 Like

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
haywire07:
Which work gives u 800k per month making I can come work for u , even if it's to stand on the road and be marketing the cars you are selling ...
I'm a Doctor and I'm not in Nigeria. would you take a job in Somalia? I need urgent advise please...time is running out and I haven't made up my mind.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by haywire07(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
I'm a Doctor and I'm not in Nigeria. would you take a job in Somalia? I need urgent advise please...time is running out and I haven't made up my mind.
I would even take a job in Syria . It's not sarcasm .

The entire Somalia is not terror torn , why don't u look up the location of their office

*provided you are serious about your post*

8 Likes

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2017

11 Likes

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
haywire07:

I would even take a job in Syria . It's not sarcasm .

The entire Somalia is not terror torn , why don't u look up the location of their office

*provided you are serious about your post*
Thank you. the job is actually about supporting the peacekeepers(soldiers) we are to manage a newly established hospital by the UN support office in Mogadishu. I have watched a lot of youtube videos about somalia and alshabab...its a mixture of food and bad..right now im confused.I'm serious about it.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Adeolaraji:

Hello I don't think anyone will be able to give you a good advice on this thread, why don't you move to the travel section where there are a lot of enlightened fellow to give you an insight about what working in Somalia especially in the aspect of the security, could be. However, I am open to work anywhere if you can help. I am a recent graduate skilled in troubleshooting, overhauls, installations, adjustments and repairs on a
variety of Electrical and electronic equipment. Hold HND cert. in Electrical engineering with Distinction
Thank you.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Structuralman: 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

Bros, Take the job! UN will provide all you need to make you work effectively including security. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Spylord48: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
Thank you. the job is actually about supporting the peacekeepers(soldiers) we are to manage a newly established hospital by the UN support office in Mogadishu. I have watched a lot of youtube videos about somalia and alshabab...its a mixture of food and bad..right now im confused.I'm serious about it.

Mogadishu is,the capital and should be a little bit safe. But one need to be cautious and sleep with one eye open . Those Al-shabab terrorists no get joy at all. If your conscience didn't accept it abeg don't go. But also bear in mind that some people have been there for long without any problem. if you will go just pray and hope for the best after all people are still living comfortably there despite the attacks.
But adding the experience as a UN doctor in ur cv is really a big thing and can unlock opportunities o

And abeg if there is any available slot for a paid volunteers m,please hook me up .Man seriously need a job no matter where it is.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by haywire07(m): 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

Stay back and be earning your 800k per month. Invest wisely and earn bigger .

Even directors in government parastatals don't earn that much.

6 Likes

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by obas01(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

Op we are good to go fear not just take me along with you am serious about this.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by policy12: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

I guess its an NGO my advice is u shu go knowing fully well they won't allow u to go to d danger zone.

Bros if you can link me up I will appreciate, I need a job anywhere I will go.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thanks all.. I guess I will accept the offer and hope for the best.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by PearlStreet(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
Thanks all.. I guess I will accept the offer and hope for the best.

Accept that offer and make the best use of it. there are still expatriates in the Niger Delta despite everything.

Policemen and soldiers in Nigeria pay heavy bribes to be posted for peace keeping operations in Somalia, Dafur, Haiti, Afghanistan, Iraq, Etc.

It's a stepping stone to greater things. The contacts and exposure you'll get in UNOSOM can't be offered by your present employment.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by free2ryhme: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

People who gets these jobs dont come to nairaland and post it trust me i know
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
PearlStreet:

Accept that offer and make the best use of it. there are still expatriates in the Niger Delta despite everything.

Policemen and soldiers in Nigeria pay heavy bribes to be posted for peace keeping operations in Somalia, Dafur, Haiti, Afghanistan, Iraq, Etc.

It's a stepping stone to greater things. The contacts and exposure you'll get in UNOSOM can't be offered by your present employment.
Thank you. Its actually UNSOS not UNSOM.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
free2ryhme:

People who gets these jobs dont come to nairaland and post it trust me i know
We are not all the same sir. Trust me its real and if you don't believe there is nothing I can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by free2ryhme: 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
We are not all the same sir. Trust me its real and if you don't believe there is nothing I can do about it.

i know we are not all the same

trust me
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by chloride6: 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

The UN will not take civilians where there is trouble.....

However as a UN staff you are a potential target of various rebel and terrorist groups.

However I enjoin you to take the Job. Working at the UN would be most certainly exciting!

So leave your cloak of fear at home and go to Somalia.....

Is it on contract basis..... Or is it a permanent position?

You may well be on your way to a career in international relations and diplomacy..

All the same.... Stay Fit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Pojomojo: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
sharp guy
Adeolaraji:

Hello I don't think anyone will be able to give you a good advice on this thread, why don't you move to the travel section where there are a lot of enlightened fellow to give you an insight about what working in Somalia especially in the aspect of the security, could be. However, I am open to work anywhere if you can help. I am a recent graduate skilled in troubleshooting, overhauls, installations, adjustments and repairs on a
variety of Electrical and electronic equipment. Hold HND cert. in Electrical engineering with Distinction
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by PearlStreet(m): 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
Thank you. Its actually UNSOS not UNSOM.

Okay sir regards.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
chloride6:

The UN will not take civilians where there is trouble.....

However as a UN staff you are a potential target of various rebel and terrorist groups.

However I enjoin you to take the Job. Working at the UN would be most certainly exciting!

So leave your cloak of fear at home and go to Somalia.....

Is it on contract basis..... Or is it a permanent position?

You may well be on your way to a career in international relations and diplomacy..

All the same.... Stay Fit
It is a five-year contract but I can serve a minimum of 6 months.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Pojomojo: 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
brotherly!!!!!!! abeg grab all die na die...this one wey u dey Nigeria no be suffering, is is not more than war already here, if u go dey u be expatriate o! 5 yrs contract with an international Humanitarian body like United Nations........................you are the bomb when you return back, set up your own hospital,
DEEDEE111:
AFTER fiVE YEAR AM VERY SURE U WILL GO TO Israel..I read abt one man like that that went for an international mission with Nigeria Police my brother na ordinary inspector today, he and his family are over there, good life, education and more...............my point is UN will not take the risk to want to recruit for another mission rather u are already there and so u move....................
Last Bullet:
take that gadn job
I just came back from Egypt and it was mad money
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by chloride6: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:

5 year contract?

What are you waiting for ? grin grin grin grin

I don't know how Old you are sha. Are you married? or are you planning too?

I'm asking because is there a chance you may be transferred to another mission?

Moving around maybe not be so good for wife and kids....

1 Like

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Thukzee01(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
haywire07:

Stay back and be earning your 800k per month. Invest wisely and earn bigger .
Even directors in government parastatals don't earn that much.
i believe this is the best option .
Ur safety comes first

1 Like

Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
as a doc, hospitals are also targets of al shabab. if u dont wanna be a human barbecue, beta flee
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by 247Dior(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
DEEDEE111:
i will take a job in Somalia. .please help kynbasil@yahoo.com
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pojomojo:
brotherly!!!!!!! abeg grab all die na die...this one wey u dey Nigeria no be suffering, is is not more than war already here, if u go dey u be expatriate o! 5 yrs contract with an international Humanitarian body like United Nations........................you are the bomb when you return back, set up your own hospital,
AFTER fiVE YEAR AM VERY SURE U WILL GO TO Israel..I read abt one man like that that went for an international mission with Nigeria Police my brother na ordinary inspector today, he and his family are over there, good life, education and more...............my point is UN will not take the risk to want to recruit for another mission rather u are already there and so u move....................
Last Bullet:
take that gadn job
I just came back from Egypt and it was mad money
Thanks bros..but I'm not in Nigeria sha.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by DEEDEE111(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
chloride6:

5 year contract?
What are you waiting for ? grin grin grin grin
I don't know how Old you are sha. Are you married? or are you planning too?
I'm asking because is there a chance you may be transferred to another mission?
Moving around maybe not be so good for wife and kids....
Married with two kids.
Re: Mouth Watering Job Offer..but..... by mercy0008(f): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
PEOPLE GO TO BED IN THE COMFORT OF THEIR HOMES AND DONT WAKE UP. YOU CAN DIE ANYWHERE EVEN THOUGH I DONT WISH YOU THAT. TAKE THE OPPURTUNITY, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE THERE FOR THE 5 YEARS. STAY THE NUMBER OF YEARS YOU CAN. LET GOD GUIDE YOU, GOODLUCK.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2007 Gmat / Job Vacancies For P.h Residence / Addax Petroleum. Help!!! Is Dis A Scam Or What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.