Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund (17774 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Paris Club Refund: Governors Angry Over N16.67bn Secret Payment To Osun / Number Of Months Of Outstanding Salaries Owned By State Governments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by DONSMITH123(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun; the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma; and the Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emefiele, to work with state governors to ensure the payment of outstanding Paris and London Clubs refunds before the end of the year.

The President gave the directive at a meeting he had with state governors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday.

According to information posted on one of the Presidency’s twitter handles, @NGRPresident, the meeting featured discussions on the nation’s economy, workers’ welfare as well as Federal-State relations, among others.

“President @MBuhari has directed the Ministers of @FinMinNigeria and Budget & National Planning and Governor @cenbank to commence negotiations with the Governors Forum to enable payment of outstanding Paris & London Club refunds, before the end of the year,” the information read.

See the tweet:

President @MBuhari has directed the Ministers of @FinMinNigeria and Budget & National Planning and Governor @cenbank to commence negotiations with the Governors Forum to enable payment of outstanding Paris & London Club refunds, before the end of the year.

— Presidency Nigeria (@NGRPresident) November 27, 2017

http://punchng.com/breaking-buhari-approves-payment-of-outstanding-paris-club-refund/

Cc: lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by SweetLove0(f): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
Lalasticlala Hope the likes of Yahaya Bello, Aregbe will not collect o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by sarrki(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
What are the state governors doing with all this money ?

Must Buhari be blamed for everything ?

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
undecided
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by olatade(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
They will be smiling to the bank again. Lucky thieves,lucky governors. Buhari has his reasons for doing this. Every one of those governors surely will have a date with history.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by DONSMITH123(m): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
sarrki:

But come to think of it, why on earth should a governor still get paris fund when he is yet to use the first tranch to pay workers? did that really make any sense at all.?

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by sarrki(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
DONSMITH123:

But come to think of it, why on earth should a governor still get paris fund when he is yet to use the first tranch to pay workers? did that really make any sense at all.?

They are rogues

The money belongs to both the federal and the state

The more reason baba will release it

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is kneel jerk reaction to Atiku leaving APC. I now know that APC is actually afraid of losing to Atiku..All of a sudden they are now thinking about the poor mases because they needs our vote come 2019.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
I need a payrise grin grin
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by MasterChen: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
factsandfigures:
This is kneel jerk reaction to Atiku leaving APC. I now know that APC is actually afraid of losing to Atiku..All of a sudden they are now thinking about the poor mases because they needs our vote come 2019.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Teewhy2: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
Is this not a way of getting into the good books of the governors towards 2019 and also way of releasing funds to them towards election.
A lot of governors are still owning salaries and don't have much to show for what has been received so far why are they getting more.
We were told that before any state gets more funds they will show evidence of what was done with the last disbursement but can't what was achieved with the funds be pasted on a public website for us to see what our state has done with our money.
With this formula of sharing money political position will always be attractive and encouraging desperate individuals.

Are you planning for your roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by dialoaded(m): 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by GTCreations: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
I'm into interior decorations. Check my thread. I just started and my works are high quality and affordable. Regardless of state, we deliver.
https://www.nairaland.com/4148839/make-house-home-gtcreations
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by davibid: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
state governors right now

grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by PearlStreet(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
factsandfigures:

Did Atiku leave APC before they released the first batch of payments?
Did Atiku leave when they released the second batch?

Some of you just criticise as if you have made commonsense your mortal enemies.

By the way, It's knee-jerk and not kneel jerk. If you want to criticise but you're intellectually handicapped from doing so, give your phone to someone with an IQ higher than yours to type on your behalf.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Hushpuppi: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
This paris fund gist still dey?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by mammanbawa: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Well
Let's see the turn of events
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by meforyou1(m): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
2019 campaign money. U shall be defeated

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by sonnie10: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
sarrki:

Is it Buhari's money?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by three: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
This 'refund' doesn't seem to finish

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by SillyMods: 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
PMB for life

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Threebear(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jubriel already campaigning for 2019 grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by PHIPEX(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
The only outstanding work of this our finance minister is sharing of money to states and payment of salary. No clear financial and economic policy after 2 yrs in office.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by AK6464(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
cheesy
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by jonnytad(m): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hope Ajimobi is not collecting ooo. ....Cuz My governor and Faaji are too close to be separated.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by SillyMods: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
factsandfigures:
And the first two Paris refund?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by TheHotspur(m): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Useless government grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by omogin(f): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Yet fed workers are been owed several months promotion arrears. States govs have perfected plans to steal this last tranche
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Wristler: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
factsandfigures:
My initial thoughts as well. But i guess it's nothing....Atiku or not, I don't expect Osun, Benue, Kogi and Imo peoples to vote amiss come 2019. God go help us for this "carrot and stick" "chop-I-chop" democracy wey we dey so
Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by Abbeyme: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
FAYOSEEEEEE . Hmmmm

My eyes are on you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Payment Of Outstanding Paris Club Refund by bareal(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
Can't the FG do something about the these rogues called governors? This is becoming so irritating!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Expels Kwara State Executive; Reschedules Ogun, Abia Primaries / NIN Enrolment: NIMC Seeks N25bn For Storage Servers / Fuel Scarcity: Ibadan Residents Groan As Petrol Price Increases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.