Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

4,042 Local Government Workers Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4,042 Local Government Workers Sacked (608 Views)

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job / I've Just Been Sacked (2) (3) (4)

4,042 Local Government Workers Sacked by VeeInsider: 8:35am On Nov 29, 2017
In a country where the unemployment rate skyrockets daily due to high influx of graduates into the labour market, Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-rufai just approved the sack of more than '4,000' government workers.

The state commissioner for local government and Chieftaincy affairs, Alhaji Jafaru Sani, who confirmed the sack yesterday at a press conference, said the exercise was part of the ongoing restructuring of the local government system for effective service delivery.

Sani added that those whose appointments were terminated would equally be paid their November salary, one month salary in lieu of notice and gratuity according to the civil service rule.

“It is a known fact that the LGAs were overburdened by redundant and unproductive staff who are contributing nothing to the development of the councils.

“Because of the over-bloated staff, the LGAs are doing nothing other than paying salaries and end up becoming more or less a poverty alleviation centres, where people just go to collect money and go home.

“To ensure development at the local levels, therefore, we have to do what is right by downsizing the redundant staff to free some funds that would be injected in developmental projects.

“With the disengagement, the supporting members of staff at the 23 LGAs are now 6,732, excluding primary school teachers and primary health care workers.

“I am sure, with this development, local government areas will soon start executing capital and development projects to provide social services to the people.”

The affected workers trooped to the council secretariats to stage a protest against the government action.

One of the affected workers, who pleaded anonymity, spoke with The Guardian, saying: “Some of us are now victims of this government sack after teachers have been sacked.

“We are appealing to the governor to consider our families and the number of years that we have put into service in the state. This treatment is inhuman and not acceptable.”

Full story - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/governor-el-rufai-sacks-4042-local-government-workers/

Re: 4,042 Local Government Workers Sacked by Devosuker(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2017
Not my business... There voted for change let em enjoy
Re: 4,042 Local Government Workers Sacked by uolamide(m): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2017
Serves them right all they do is go to the ATM and withdrawal the monthly salary, that all the work they do for the government. Those Northerners are Lazy Sets of people. Maybe those still withholding their Jobs will sit upright undecided undecided
Re: 4,042 Local Government Workers Sacked by ABBEYsammy01(m): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
I'm no longer comfortable with this hell-rufai sacking up and down. But hope d sacking is not one sided (christian & Muslim factor)?

Edo State 2017 Npower Thread / Vacancy / Jobs @ Sabmiller