Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33749 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by illicit(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Gateman na security

He can't trust u, you left his property unsecured because of 15k

He wasn't wrong

386 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
illicit:
Gateman na security

He can't trust u, you left his property unsecured because of 15k

He wasn't wrong

I know and I locked the gate from outside.

19 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by TimT: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lol... You can't be using your working hours to work for someone else...
Although your oga sacked you based on sentimental reasons, the fact is dat, you were doing your job "Diligently"....
If you were, you would have turned the grass cutting job offer down or you arrange a specific time when you are "Off duty"...
You saying "you don't know what brought your oga back home" isn't a point.. As long as you are on duty, you must be at the gate all working hours...
Sorry...
Lesson learnt..
Point taken...

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by illicit(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.

It's not the same thing

He can lock the gate too and go to work

The thing is that you were suppose to be there

259 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by mbaka0433: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
The man was right to sack you
Security is no joke business

If he pays you for the 3weeks.... Fine, he is a good man,
You don't have any reason to leave your duty post without informing your employer

It's wrong

At least you've learnt ur lesson

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by scoobyblogspot(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

A security person is suppose to be guiding lives and properties and always available on duty which is the only reason why you were employed... You took some risk to make extra money and that risk landed you in this state. Well, i pray heaven bless you with a better job

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Creamcrest(m): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hh
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by jaeyking(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin
Without remorse
I say the man was right to sack you

You left your duty post
You were not employed for part-time but full time

Security job is not for play and you have proved you were not trust worthy

What if, someone came into the house and stole items

You won't even be here asking this question because by now na police hand you for dey

You don learn lesson the HARD way

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Kevineleven(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
He was super correct firing you because you don't even know your job as a security officer.
You need to go for training.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Bluntguy: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Omo op na serious bashing you dey receive from everybody wey don comment so far. Make I no come join give you wotoporiosly. So I support all of the above.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by GodWrites: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
You lack wisdom. That's probably why you are in this situation in the first place. You left your job, and were using your working hours to work for another man. If you had wanted a side hustle, it should have been done outside your working hours. If you refuse to get wisdom, hunger will be your first teacher. You are 100% at fault.

44 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Maj196(m): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
Security is no joke especially in Nigeria where evil vices is rife. I understand you wanted to make extra bucks but it was at the detriment of your Oga. So choose your poison wisely.
I hope for a better job for you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
GodWrites:
You lack wisdom. That's probably why you are in this situation in the first place. You left your job, and were using your working hours to work for another man. If you had wanted a side hustle, it should have been done outside your working hours. If you refuse to get wisdom, hunger will be your first teacher. You are 100% at fault.

Mr. Full Wisdom, I sight you.

7 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Christology(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
Bluntguy:
Omo op na serious bashing you dey receive from everybody wey don comment so far. Make I no come join give you wotoporiosly. So I support all of the above.

Because they failed to understand my own point

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by BigYash: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sha use the 15k hold side till another job show. You can still go and beg him ,and make him see reasons why you did what you did. And that you will never try it again.. You sef too do.. A bird in hand they say.. What if that guy no gree pay you the 15k las las cheesy Double wahala for dedibodi

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by GodWrites: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

Mr. Full Wisdom, I sight you.

Don't learn. That's how you will be jumping from job to job without any future. Hunger will humble you.

11 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Woodshot: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
angry

You're in the wrong...

About the grasses...

Remember When life throws lemon ? You make lemonade. Go around and search for more clients for the meantime.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Ofadaman(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Well, now you can become a full time grass cutter .

Imagine you have a business and you hired someone to work, he left the job to go work for a competition, when you return, you will give him a medal because he's a hustler..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by garriAndsugar: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hope say you don cut the grass finish collect the 15k

13 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by fkj950ax(m): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month.
I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again.

You are funny.
You left your job to go do another and you are angry with being held accountable for abandoning your job?
Nobody treated you bad. You are the one who treated your employer badly while he legitimately gave you a job.
You are also upset a man decided to come back to his own house at a time he wanted. Its not your house. You cant expect him not to come back anytime he wants

21 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by lascos912(m): 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
[/color] not even warning[color=#990000]
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
scoobyblogspot:

A security person is suppose to be guiding lives and properties and always available on duty which is the only reason why you were employed... You took some risk to make extra money and that risk landed you in this state. Well, i pray heaven bless you with a better job

Thank you
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by majesticguy: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

OP you didn't do well jare, you leaving your duty post was totally unacceptable. What if something was stolen from the house while you were away? Your Oga wouldn't have just fired you, you would have been cooling off in a police cell right now.

Don't worry, something better would come up soon, I just pray you've learnt you lesson with this one.

13 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Caleb15(m): 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
That man no trust you, but that's his problem.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
majesticguy:

OP you didn't do well jare, you leaving your duty post was totally unacceptable. What if something was stolen from the house while you were away? Your Oga wouldn't have just fired you, you would have been cooling off in a police cell right now.

Don't worry, something better would come up soon, I just pray you've learnt you lesson with this one.

Thank you for your nice words.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by gaddafe(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

I'm not sure you understood the job description before picking it up. How can you say you are doing your job diligently and the same time leave your duty post. It doesn't make sense. You were not trained before getting the job. I once worked as a security man to a popular bishop in Edo State. The man really liked me because of how I took the job seriously. The day I left the job, the second day I drove to the premises in my father's clean car and they were shocked I was from a decent family. They probably thought I was hungry. Learn from this experience. You were wrong 100%. If I were your oga I will not pay the 3 weeks because I will claim you had probably been leaving your duty post for other side hustle.

8 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Ensa777(f): 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
You reminded me of "Useni" our gateman then. grin
As the last person leaves the compound for work,so he locks the gate and leaves for his "own" work too grin
You'd never find him at home during the day.
Was even magnanimous to duplicate gate keys and share to us as per ppl wey him use juju tie.
He was sacked later though.

His impetus was on steroids

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Rexymania(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
I would have done the same Sir. You're too inquisitive
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by PapaNnamdi: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point

You have no point,
You had only 1job, be at the gate and do the description,
Your first test and you failed, to crown it all up, you were doing another person's work

Ahh, it's bad, real bad,
Go finish clearing the grass use the 15k hold hand till u find something doing,

13 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SUPERPACK: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
Sacking you for an offense you committed only once without warning to me is a bit harsh. If I were him I would issue a Stern warning then monitor you for compliance. He seem to sack you not because you left the gate but because you worked for a rival.

Even the next gateman he gets will still make same mistake as you, after all the pay for gatemen in Nigeria will not exceed 40k. Consider going back to beg him.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions / Please I Need Your Advice / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.