Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,328 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:34 PM

I've Just Been Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Sacked (40705 Views)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / Npower Portal Has Just Been Hacked. Unconfirmed Earlier But False Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Just Been Sacked by brimdans(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading
PS, there might be errors, I didn't have time to edit. Currently in church.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by whemmytopsy(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Nigerian employers and oppression are like 5 and 6, Kindly return her things in your possession, hold yourself up, say some prayers and be on the look out for another job
...the best is just yet to come.

377 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by BENCHOKCONSULT: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.
I was working with this woman in her organization. Shes high handed, toxic and domineering, but I was coping well with her, she insults me and talk down on me, all I say mostly is sorry Ma.

So this particular day, which was yesterday. There's this particular room in the lab which we were constructing, which she categorically told me not to open that room, because it contains equipment. And I don't handle the keys, but another person holds the keys.

Now water entered the room, from a faulty pipe, and did a little damage to one of the cabinets, and it touched some of the materials.

The woman, now began insulting me that it will be deducted from my salary, because it was my fault?

I asked how is it my fault Ma, you said that room shouldn't be opened by anybody. So I can't accept fault for what I didn't do. I'm sorry. She shouted and shouted to the point of almost slapping me, but God saved her she didn't. I kept my calm and told her sorry.

Again she asked for some remaining boards that were used in constructing some cabinets in the lab, I told her I don't know, but lemme check and ask the person who has custody to the keys. Another tirade began, she insulted the hell of out me. I remained calm, that it will be removed from my salary, and those things according to her is about one hundred thousand naira. I told her ma, I didn't take them, but lemme ask oga Patrick who is in charge of the lab, she refused, that I shouldn't l. That I must pay for all of these things. I kept my cool all through.

She now said I should remove her uniform and submit her company materials, actually some of the materials are at home, so I couldn't get them that night.

She texted and called me countless times to send the company materials, I then told her, I'll send them but I need my salary that I've worked for, for the last month. She now said, before she wanted to pay and forgive me, but that she's not paying me again.

It is Worthy to note that I came purposely to work for this woman from another state, I needed my salary to help me plan my life after my sack. Right now I'm confused, because I've no money, nor accommodation, I can't even travel back. Please nairalanders, I need your advice, legally and all.
Thank you for reading

90% of Nigerian female bosses are toxic, domineering and wicked. ThankGod you walked away cheesy cheesy grin

271 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nicepoker(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Majority of these women are extremely wicked. Op bone that money look for other alternatives.

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by MoneyGoDrop: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is why i can't work for a private company. Most of them are modern slave merchants that will drain your whole energy while paying you peanuts.

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by kingthreat(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.

Thank you for reading

Which company materials do you have?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by hopeforcharles(m): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
Hmm it's not fair, returned it, but if she has a husband complain to him, and start looking for work else where because you will never be enough for her. She will always find fault.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
Which state did this happened?
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by DoggoneDogg: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kill her

26 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by RedCentaur(m): 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is inhumanity at it's peak.

With these string of events talking place by this time of the month, it's obvious she's not including you in her payroll, at least not for this february.

Kindly return the material as requested by her, ask her if you can continue working for her. If she declines, kindly leave.

When the period of payment of salary is approaching, go back to her and demand for your salary ( be calm and careful with your words this time). If she's still adamant, let it slide.

I experienced something similar around October last year, mine ended with a surprise and a bigger package.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Highman56: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Kill her
And ruin his life in prison ba

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by DoggoneDogg: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
[s]
Highman56:

And ruin his life in prison ba
[/s]

His life is ruined already. At least he gets free accommodation & food in jail. Can't say the same for her...

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by VEXT: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

His life is ruined already. At least he gets free accommodation & food in jail. Can't say the same for her...

Chai na today I know say wicked people full nairaland grin grin

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by LordIsaac(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
Most female bosses.....tor. women and power!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by November24(f): 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.

Thank you for reading
.. Things our kings go thru for us.
Be strong bro. You will come out

10 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Omihanifa: 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
From the look of things, the woman just wants you to come and beg her no be say she truly sack you. If you go back to the office and beg she go tell you to resume back.

See ehen just play the fool. No be say you dey foolish o but just act like you are foolish so that you can plan your exit out of that place.

My former boss just be like this your boss way you describe. She go shout and shout at the end of the day all nah GRA GRA

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by SimeonOTC(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

If your mother behaves this way to me, I will kill her without a moment's hesitation.

Lol grin buzu...daft you see how myopic and uncultured you are grin
I wonder the lazy polyandry t.w.a.t that bred a menace like you grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by xtivin(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2022
brimdans:
Okay, here is the thing.

Thank you for reading
God has a better plan for you, move on. But learn to be more diplomatic with women bosses because they always like to satisfy their ego, avoid confrontations and careless with their words. Personally I don't drop official wears after I leave a job in this part of the word because of personal reasons you may learn that later.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2022
I want to believe there is a union where employees can report abusive workplace.

This is modern day slavery, with harsh maltreatment.

You can actually sue her for this indecent behaviour if you take this up with an attorney.

You're an employee doesn't mean you have to fear your employer. What they deserve is respect, not fear.

When you find yourself in a situation that threatens your basic right, place your phone on record, and enquire the reason for that gross attitude.

If they become more irritated and irrational, leave their presence immediately.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by revived2: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
Omooooo

Wereys full this thread grin grin grin cool
Re: I've Just Been Sacked by SimeonOTC(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Na you first call mama, I answer you. You con dey vex.
Next time, think before you type.

Idiot is his boss not someone's mother?
Not like you have the balls to kill her if you were in his shoes..ode!!!

Uncultured bush pig better Goan fix your menace you call life and channel your inherited madness back to your family grin am not the cause of your misfortune tongue

4 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Thermodynamics(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
Op don't give her any equipment, she must pay you your salary, if you give her it means you are a coward. It's two ways, it's either you collect your salary or you beat her up as compensation for your salary.

Nigerian bosses and stupid pride are like 5&6.
Typical black man character that's what she has.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Thermodynamics(m): 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
whemmytopsy:
Nigerian employers and oppression are like 5 and 6, Kindly return her things in your possession, hold yourself up, say some prayers and be on the look out for another job
...the best is just yet to come.
Don't listen to this advice, don't take it, learn to fight for what is yours, you worked for the money, collect it.
Collect what you worked for.

7 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by SimeonOTC(m): 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Lol
He don start again. grin Once I fire you another one naw, you start crying like a little bitch.

Rest boy

Lol grin subhuman psycho stop qouting me, am not your mate..
You are an epitome of society gone wrong tongue
Goan fix your uncultured and broken life tongue
Abjected matricide tongue

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by ZuesOfAnthens: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Sorry bro..I can feel your pain,I remember how my former boss almost drove me to depression! My guy bone life no end pick ur kaka and move the EF on!!

5 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Niom(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kindly return the company's equipments and leave.

She might report to the police that you stole it and you know what that means...

You are not ready for that now...
So just return it and leave her to God...

12 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Sacked by Niom(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kindly return the company's equipments and leave.

She might report to the police that you stole it and you know what that means...

You are not ready for that now...

So just return it and leave her to God...

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MPG Resources / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / How I Was Lured By Gnld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.