|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,866,444 members, 6,878,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 May 2022 at 04:05 PM
Vacancy For An Administrative Officer (non-governmental Organization) / Pact West Africa (nigeria) Int'l Non-governmental Organization Recruitment / Apply For On Going Recruitment At A Non Governmental Organization(20 Positions) (2) (3) (4)
|Vacancy For A Program Coordinator (non Governmental Organization) by tolex29(f): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2017|
Our client is an NGO (Development Agency), operating on the African Continent that mobilizes and equips Africans to collaborate and actively participate in strategic reform activities across the following sectors: Education & Training, Government & Politics, Health/Wellness, Agriculture, Business & Economy, Arts & Entertainment and Media & Communication.
Job Location: Lagos State.
The Program Coordinator is part of the management team, providing support in the development and implementation of strategies and programmes geared towards achieving the company’s mission of “building CAPACITY for reform activities in individuals and organisations across Africa by providing training and resources.”
The Program Coordinator oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing programs including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Share and inspire staff, stakeholders, donors and the public with the vision and mission of the organisation, formulate implementation approach and direction of work;
• Propose policy initiatives and plan of action for immediate and long range solutions to capacity development issues in education, health, government and other focus areas;
• Plan and co-ordinate the promotion, design and implementation of reform awareness, education and training programmes within the scope of Incubator Africa’s vision and mission and thematic sub-programmes.
• Conceptualise, develop and implement thematically relevant and impactful programs that target building capacity for reform in the educational, health and governance sector;
• Develop appropriate mechanisms for monitoring and assessing the impact and performance of programs;
• Lead in the development of funding proposals to attract international aid organisations and donors for the various programs;
• Identify, manage and monitor program risks;
• Identify, develop and exploit opportunities for revenue generation as a component of development programs;
• Plan annual goals, objectives, activities and budget tied to the organisation’s overall strategy; measure and monitor goal performance indicators;
• Implement performance-based budgeting across the organisation;
• Design and implement organisational structures in an efficient way with clear reporting lines, minimal bureaucracy and optimal delegation of responsibilities and authority;
• Provide support to management to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the areas of recruitment, action on performance decisions, promotions and related matters;
• Develop and implement staff development program, training schedule for new volunteers, develop appropriate tools and methods to build organisational and strong teams;
• Design and implement performance management mechanisms to monitor staff output and ensure that standards are maintained and deadlines met without compromising quality of work;
• Carry out managerial tasks necessary for the day-to-day operations of the organisation
MINIMUM REQUIRED JOB SPECIFICATIONS
• First degree (or its equivalent) in a related field of study
• A Master’s degree and/or relevant professional certifications would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years of applied relevant professional experience with at least 2 years in capacity development programmes.
• Experience working with similar developmental organisations, CSR departments or related fields.
• Familiarity with the development agency space would be an added advantage
• Adaptive capacity: Ability to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a constantly evolving workplace, while performing effectively and efficiently her/his tasks;
• Ethics: Good understanding of ethical behaviour and administrative practices and ensure that her/his own behaviour and the behaviour of others meet these standards and are aligned with the values of the Organization;
• Building relationships: Build and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communication: Ability to listen, and to speak and write clearly, thoughtfully and timely.
• Passion: An innate drive for change and some understanding of how nations are transformed. (An understanding of the Mountains of Culture and Spheres of Influence that transform society).
• Leadership: Positively influence others to produce results that will serve the best interest of the Organization;
• Transdisciplinary: Knowledge in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines (Education, Health, Government etc.)
• Planning and Organising: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for competing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and action as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
• Strategy Development and Management Skills
• Risk Management Knowledge
• Crisis Management Knowledge
• Project Management Skills
• Financial Management Skills
• Corporate Governance Knowledge
• Business Development Skills
• Social Media Proficiency
• Advanced level computer literacy
How to Apply
• Applications should be forwarded to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’using ‘PC1DA ’ as subject of mail before 12th of December, 2017.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54