Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Mischievous Campaigns Can’t Erase My Legacy—aregbesola - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mischievous Campaigns Can’t Erase My Legacy—aregbesola (342 Views)

Group Flays Sule Lamido, Says Attempt To Call Out Jonathan, Mischievous, Self-se / My Legacy Will Speak Good Of Me Tomorrow-adamawa Outgoing Chair Says / What's Your Worst Mistake Ever? If You Can Turn Back Time, What Will You Erase? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mischievous Campaigns Can’t Erase My Legacy—aregbesola by IROHINOodua: 11:38am On Nov 29, 2017
Mischievous campaigns can’t erase my legacy—Aregbesola
By Oye Olubodun
Cheap and calculated campaigns to weight down the legacy of the government of cannot remove the glaring achievements of the All Progressive Congress, (APC) in the State of Osun, the Governor Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola said this morning.
Speaking on Television Continental, TVC programme, the usually charismatic and often oratory Governor said his government has built institutions that will endure generations. Irohinoodua monitored the interview. He took all the questions with deep reflections and a show of mastery of statistics and facts relating to his government for the past seven years.
Aregbesola has been a subject of scathing criticisms by the opposition in the state, the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) which has been consistently humiliated at the poll since 2010 when Aregbesola launched his grassroots revolutionary movement.
“We have spent billions of naira to pay workers and pensions since 2010 when I came to power. On physical infrastructure, we have spent more than 60billion naira since I resumed office. My government is rebranding Osun for today and generations to come”, Aregbesola said.
On the opposition, he said the tempo of PDP propaganda in the state is informed by the fact that the party is consistently jittery. “The PDP is jittery because they are seeing what they were unable to do while they were in government. The PDP campaign cannot last because they can see the reality on the ground. PDP mischievous campaigns cannot last because the party spent seven and half years in Osun without any enduring legacy”
He said his government has built institutions that will continue to impact for the next half a century. He also debunked the claim that his government had spent 80 percent of the state treasury on capital expenditure saying that the chunk of the resources were expended on salaries and pension.
Apart from reviving the institutions of education in the state, Aregbesola is currently building and International Cargo Airport which has been named as the biggest single project of any state government in the past more than one decade.
Re: Mischievous Campaigns Can’t Erase My Legacy—aregbesola by MrDude: 11:52am On Nov 29, 2017
Oga, people of Osun are suffering go and pay your workers! angry

(1) (Reply)

South West Governors Meet On Regional Integration In Ibadan / Itunes Gift Card Buyer In Exchange For Cash At A Good Rate / Kanekalon Celebrates Nigerian Stylists In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.