Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,398 members, 7,830,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery (23588 Views)

Eldee The Don: How I Contributed To The Decay Called Yahoo Boys / Mother-In-Law Of Eldee The Don Is Dead (Photos) / Eldee The Don And Wife, Dolapo Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by enigma2007(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2017
phreakabit:
A house help : Someone voluntarily offering a helping hand.
A slave: One forcefully compelled to do the "MASTERS/SLAVE OWNERS bidding .

What part of this don't you understand Mr Eldee?
I think say you graduate from Unilag. . . .
Brain dead clodpoles everywhere spewing fecal matter in desperate search of attention.
Baba graduate.

You and I know that most maids in naija are compelled to the biddings of the employers and most of them are not paid directly even for the older ones.

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Dwanar: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
remember the slave masters get paid
Jubilancy:
I like to think of it as employment # tagging it as slavery is way over the top for me

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
JoeyBlack:
There are some house helps that some people use that are NOT paid directly... these people pay to the person (aunty/uncle) that brought them while the actual boy/girl doing the house help work gets nothing. That is what Eldee is talking about.

In western countries there are laws against such practices as they term it SLAVERY!

When last was eldee home that he saw someone working in those conditions or is he talking rural areas with lack of education as far I know there are even professional companies recruiting those who want to work in the home sometimes before we say things on a world stage let’s have examples
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
greypencils:
And pls tell me which twelve yr old househelp has a bank account? You want a househelp? Get one above age 18. If we find this pill difficult to swallow then we are no better than the white massa's that bought niggers and branded them as theirs during the slave trade era, we are far worse

My dear no one in my house is below 20 years old and one was looking for a job for 2 years before landing this one free roof over your head and meals is not Slavery because I recall slaves were beaten to work
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
Mercyclaire:

Ure a big fool... If u don't understand his message just rot away...

You are the grand mother of foolery if you can’t get your point across without insult see your head like slave trade
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
If you're in the UK, please sign the petition on my siggy and profile.
#Not on my watch cry

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Trueyarn(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Youngdream1:
This one has turn to musician to commentator.

YOU WON'T GET THE SENSE OF WHAT HE SAID BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUNG AND STILL DREAMING, AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT YOUR MONIKER SAYS.

STAY WOKE!

3 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by phreakabit(m): 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
enigma2007:

You and I know that most maids in naija are compelled to the biddings of the employers and most of them are not paid directly even for the older ones.

Most does not equate EVERY/ALL.
Same can not be said about slaves.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
Lomprico2:
Eldee shut up! Slaves dont get paid!!

Nor do some house help apparently, the family members get the money. So they are slaves sold into labour so another person could benefit. Why do you need this explained to you

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by greypencils: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I didn't mention your name when i posted the difference between slavery and indectured servitude and the stupidity behind mixing up the two.
Indectured servitude has always been a way of life in Africa and has created a system where people can understudy their guardians and become part of their family or business.
Househelps whether children or adult is not slavery and cannot be compared to slavery.
It can only be slavery when people are denied their basic rights or maltreated.
As a Nigerian, i have witnessed numerous poor child house helps become a member of the host family,treated kindly and sent to school. Not every woman is interested in maltreating her employees.
House help is not child slavery based on the circumstances surrounding it.
Househelps are employed , Slaves are bought and owned!
Keep your stupidity to yourself!
chew on yours

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Lalas247(f): 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
Dimples129:
If you're in the UK, please sign the petition on my siggy and profile.
#Not on my watch cry
Done wink
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by KemjikaEme: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
GuyfawkesAB:
Employing anyone below 18 years old especially a child is an abuse and can be tagged as slavery.
This is quite prevalent among your people who go to the village to bring small children to come and be working for you and I'm almost certain that you are currently engaged in such, little wonder you are trying hard to justify this evil act!

Very typical of Black Africans to make a National issue a tribal and ethnic issue.
I don't have helps because i don't need any but i've personal experiences of how Children have been absorded in families. For some of them,it has been the only means of survival.
Child house helps is not an abuse or slavery, on the other hand Child labour and maltreatment of househelps,both child and adult is a form of slavery.
In Slavery, human beings are sold off to their masters, Under Househelps, these children are put under the care of guardians.
Househelp and indectured servitude is not an illegal culture in Africa as long as the child is not maltreated or denied his right.
Stay away from ethnic bigotry if you must respond to my post.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2017
I think slavery is when you are held against your will. To the best of my knowledge, this househelp thing is more of child labour when it involves children. My parents had a few helps when we were young. They were not children, they were Teens or Adults, they were like cheap baby-sitters who got paid, fed, accommodated and left whenever they wanted to leave. They were never maltreated. Some even maltreated us.

Personally, i don't even support it. But i suppose, there are some extreme forms, but i don't think people leave their children with slaves! or chain-shackle them or keep them against their will. And this is trivializing the real issue here.

What is happening in Libya is a 100x worse. When your housegirl runs away, do you go after her and bring her baack to your house against her will! Nobody does that!!!

Some Nigerians fit medical bills for their helps, train their children, look after their families, even sponsor them abroad on holidays. Do you do that for slaves
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
Any child less than 16 brought by a madam or Aunty or Uncle to work for you is wrong and close to a slave. The correct term is child labour. Or have you not heard of children "maids" running away? It's a shame that many of our parents may have engaged in this because they didnt know better. But it's a quite complicated issue because sometimes these kids have lost their parents and the govt in Nigeria has nothing in place to cater for them. However, I think it should be illegal employing anyone under 16 to work as a maid. Usually, it's those madams that collect all the money. That is very wrong. If however, the real parents bring the child directly to you, then that may be okay and only because the govt in Nigeria has no program to cater for minors that don't have any care or support. In advance countries, child protective service would take control in such situations.

PS: This is a separate issue entirely (though still important) from the arabs taking a whole race as slaves and selling them for ordinary $400. Money of Iphone 8.

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2017
What will you call all those people that employ corpers to do Tradefair job on contract for 6 months without salary, transport fare or any allowances and still not pay them after 6 months and the employees will be going about in suit under the sun ...is that slavery too
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by freda506(f): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
The idiots on this thread supporting the gross inhumanity of child labour (and slavery) are probably descendants of the equally idiotic Africans, who taught it wise to sell their fellow Africans in slavery to the white man. It's a huge shame, really, that some of us have refused to mentally evolve.

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Clyod: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Eldee has just earned my lifetime award. Well articulated & nothing far from the truth
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Bahddo(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
I'm am surprised some people are defending child labour on this thread. Shame on you and the Libyans! Eldee is right. You do not have to be in chains to be a slave.

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by maasoap(m): 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
solasoulmusic:
Slaves are bought and sold one time but employment is paying wages monthly so please how is that similar I applaud him for fighting a brave fight but abeg please wetin concern employment and slavery ...have you seen a slave with a bank account exactly

He was specific:
1. Don't employ minor
2. Pay the person you employed not the person who brought him or her.
3. And pay what he or she actually deserves.

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Ugosample(m): 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
oshe11:
lets pray for wizkid as well

Sony has turned him to their slave

Its beta to eat sh*t ones n blow dan continual asslicking of whitesgrin

#Freewizzy
What is this one saying?
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Ugosample(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:
Nothing can be compared to human slavery especially when it done by other races as a result of their prejudice against Black people.
It absolutely disgust me when people try to theorize Black Slavery and attempt to give it other definitions. What is happenning in Libya is Pure Slavery which is entirely different from House helps and Child Labour.
All countries in the world have house helps,assistants,nannies etc that either live with them or away from them.
Child labour is another evil that equally present in most countries around the world.

From time immemorial in Africa, children and adults are often employed to help around the house and take care of younger children and usually under the care of their gurdians.
Slavery on the other hand is the enslavement of human beings,the buying, selling and absolute ownership of human beings.
The Househelp is employed to work and is placed under the care of her gurdians, Slaves are owned by individuals and bound to their owners.
Africans should stop being stupid, slavery is not equivalent to employment of househelps!!
Slavery in Libya is incomparable to any sort of indectured servitude/house help.

See this guy grin grin
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
maasoap:

He was specific:
1. Don't employ minor
2. Pay the person you employed not the person who brought him or her.
3. And pay what he or she actually deserves.

My point is where is it happening that eldee has seen it and I haven’t employed a minor before I’m just saying for someone with his knowledge and as well travelled you want to compare what’s going on in Libya to this

Organs are being harvested people are being sold and killed Man it’s just not the same
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Ugosample(m): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I didn't mention your name when i posted the difference between slavery and indectured servitude and the stupidity behind mixing up the two.
Indectured servitude has always been a way of life in Africa and has created a system where people can understudy their guardians and become part of their family or business.
Househelps whether children or adult is not slavery and cannot be compared to slavery.
As a Nigerian, i have witnessed numerous poor child house helps become a member of the host family,treated kindly and sent to school. Not every woman is interested in maltreating her employees.

I actually think you are the one sounding stupid here

You are trying to downplay black man inhumanity to his fellow black man, with the way millions of kids are slaving away in various homes in Nigeria and being treated badly, denied basic rights, and in many cases, are not sent to school.

I have seen how these people are treated and cheated, and it is a form of slavery, whether you like it or not.

There is nothing to rationalize there

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Ugosample(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Learn the difference between indectured help and slavery.
Most children house helps are those living in abject poverty in rural areas and are placed under guardians in the hope that they get a better life in the urban areas as the help their guardians around the house. Their parents are usually given a token for the services rendered while the older ones get to control their salary.
The problem of violation of right arises only when her/his wards maltreats him/her other than that house help is not comparble to auctioning and selling humans in broad day light.

In other words, parents abdicate their responsibility and sell thrur kids into slavery in urban areas, collecting money for it.

You see am?
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by maasoap(m): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Keep your stupidity to yourself

Mistreated, overworked and starved minor who has nowhere to run to, who doesn't know her way back home are not better than slave.
Have you been reading news lately concerning this child slavery? It is worse than adult slavery because these minors are completely helpless. Many of them have been tortured to death.
If you engage in such, listen and quit.

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by maasoap(m): 11:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
solasoulmusic:

My point is where is it happening that eldee has seen it and I haven’t employed a minor before I’m just saying for someone with his knowledge and as well travelled you want to compare what’s going on in Libya to this

Organs are being harvested people are being sold and killed Man it’s just not the same
Many minor househelps have been killed in Nigeria by their wicked madams, tortured to death.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
maasoap:

Many minor househelps have been killed in Nigeria by their wicked madams, tortured to death.
you need to have research conducted when you make bold statements like that not just a broad statement it’s common in a particular area what Areas then it’s not something that’s really common in society the stories I’m reading it’s even within their family they are exploited sent to live with an uncle or so that decides they should work anyway his point is taken but no where in the world can you compare what’s happening in Libya to that Nigeria has evolved o and if there is barbarism it’s in areas where there is intimidation and fear so no one speaks out however it doesn’t make it right if some are not paying let them do what’s right the wicked ones will get their come uppance
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by bros856: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2017
God forgive you. Who told you Akwa Ibom state people are house help.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by mctowel01: 12:32am On Nov 30, 2017
KemjikaEme:

its slavery man. You don't have to be in chains to be called a slave

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 30, 2017
Lalas247:

Done wink

kiss kiss kiss

How's your royal flyness doing grin
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Desyner: 1:06am On Nov 30, 2017
Is wizkid observing this dude? I wish only 20% of our celebrities were 20% as smart as this guy.

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Exciton(m): 2:16am On Nov 30, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I have showed you the obvious factors that lead to indectured servitude and and those factors don't apply to me or my children. You don't theoerize two parallel subjects and vilify the house help system when the circumstances surrounding both are unsimilar.
I don't understand what you are still ranting about.

Child trafficking and labour is criminal by modern moral and justice standards.

You're just a fvcking idi0t trying to sound smart. It's not uncommon to observe that most arseholes, like you, justify their barbaric views with "African culture".

Indentured service indeed.

You're pretending like there's some skill to be gained. Like you don't know most never go to school, are trafficked from neighbouring countries, never gain employable skills, get treated like dirt, sexually and emotionally abused etc. It doesn't make it right even if their parents/guardian agreed to it.

You, and many others who share this view, are intellectually dishonest piece of sh!t people.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Birthday Boat Cruise Of Ufedo Sunshine (Photos) / Nigerian Celebrity Arm Wrestling Launched (Photos) / Williams Uchemba Under Spiritual Attack For Starting #GiveChallenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.