Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery (23589 Views)

Eldee The Don: How I Contributed To The Decay Called Yahoo Boys / Mother-In-Law Of Eldee The Don Is Dead (Photos) / Eldee The Don And Wife, Dolapo Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by khiaa(f): 3:21am On Nov 30, 2017
[quote author=Jusa was misunderstood, it was only employment.

Is what's going on in Libya being misunderstood, it's only employment even though the Nigerians/employees/slaves aren't being paid just bought and sold?

Some of you people are so pathetic and you make me sick to my stomach with your messed up mentality. angry you abuse your maids, kids, gate men, drivers and actually think that you are entitled to do so. Your ancestors sold human being's into bondage and I'm sure they had the same mentality as you do.

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by KemjikaEme: 6:03am On Nov 30, 2017
Exciton:

Child trafficking and labour is criminal by modern moral and justice standards.

You're just a fvcking idi0t trying to sound smart. It's not uncommon to observe that most arseholes, like you, justify their barbaric views with "African culture".

Indentured service indeed.

You're pretending like there's some skill to be gained. Like you don't know most never go to school, are trafficked from neighbouring countries, never gain employable skills, get treated like dirt, sexually and emotionally abused etc. It doesn't make it right even if their parents/guardian agreed to it.

You, and many others who share this view, are intellectually dishonest piece of sh!t people.
I really don't understand the use of these slurs and insults.
An intelligent person will weigh the opinion of others and counter it without acting out like an idiott.
I made my opinion founded on my experiences with house help system in Africa and Nigeria and demonstrated how some indigent children have benefitted from it.
Within the Igbo society, apprentiship is another form of House help but this is rather done in the market place which has produced hundreds of rich igbo men who otherwise would have languished in poverty in childhood.
I also stressed that emasculation of human rights within the househelp system and child labour is a form of slavery which is far different from the African house help system.
Blame your poor comprehension skills and fooliishness.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by KemjikaEme: 6:11am On Nov 30, 2017
Ugosample:

I actually think you are the one sounding stupid here

You are trying to downplay black man inhumanity to his fellow black man, with the way millions of kids are slaving away in various homes in Nigeria and being treated badly, denied basic rights, and in many cases, are not sent to school.

I have seen how these people are treated and cheated, and it is a form of slavery, whether you like it or not.

There is nothing to rationalize there
I don't understand why you are stalking me and jumping into my post on other threads especially when you don't understand basic principles and difference.
I clearly made a difference between child labour and house help system in Africa which hundreds of poor children have benefitted from.
Problems arises when people maltreat and deny them of human rights and expose them to dangers.
No person on earth will condemn a guardian who is taking care of child and provided him/her with education while he/her help out around the house.
This model has been used on many accounts to bring children out of poverty and give them a new lease of life.
There is a big difference between child labour/slavery and the househelp system.
I hope your keep your stupiddty away and quit intruding in my discourse.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Exciton(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I really don't understand the use of these slurs and insults.
An intelligent person will weigh the opinion of others and counter it without acting out like an idiott.
I made my opinion founded on my experiences with house help system in Africa and Nigeria and demonstrated how some indigent children have benefitted from it.
Within the Igbo society, apprentiship is another form of House help but this is rather done in the market place which has produced hundreds of rich igbo men who otherwise would have languished in poverty in childhood.
I also stressed that emasculation of human rights within the househelp system and child labour is a form of slavery which is far different from the African house help system.
Blame your poor comprehension skills and fooliishness.

Lol. They aren't insults, they're character inferences based on the sh!t you posted. Blame your position on the matter.

Of course, I noticed you inserted a "safety clause" of human rights to give your argument a humane facade. It doesn't change the fact that you support child labour, while willfuly ignoring the damage being done to these kids, in the name of culture.

Furthermore, the fact that you think a chores for skills indenture system is the same as child completely doing chores for money system shows the inherent amorality of your stance. The money, which usually is neither enough nor gets to the parents, is not for the child. The child gains no skill, no education. It's child labour -- formative years spent working for money.

I'll simply repeat what I said the last time for emphasis:
You, like most Nigerians, know exactly what most of these children go through. You know that some are being trafficked from neighbouring countries; that most have no access to good education; have no freedom of movement nor association; that their hopes and dreams in life is very likely dim and stunted. YET, you feign ignorance.

Also, you would understand my anger if you could comprehend the damage being done to kids by refusing them education, abusing them and treating them without dignity.

In the most euphemistic way, my evaluation of your character remains unchanged: you're a fucking idiot! grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by KemjikaEme: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2017
Exciton:

Lol. They aren't insults, they're character inferences based on the sh!t you posted. Blame your position on the matter.

Of course, I noticed you inserted a "safety clause" of human rights to give your argument a humane facade. It doesn't change the fact that you support child labour, while willfuly ignoring the damage being done to these kids, in the name of culture.

Furthermore, the fact that you think a chores for skills indenture system is the same as child completely doing chores for money system shows the inherent amorality of your stance. The money, which usually is neither enough nor gets to the parents, is not for the child. The child gains no skill, no education. It's child labour -- formative years spent working for money.

I'll simply repeat what I said the last time for emphasis:
You, like most Nigerians, know exactly what most of these children go through. You know that some are being trafficked from neighbouring countries; that most have no access to good education; have no freedom of movement nor association; that their hopes and dreams in life is very likely dim and stunted. YET, you feign ignorance.

Also, you would understand my anger if you could comprehend the damage being done to kids by refusing them education, abusing them and treating them without dignity.

In the most euphemistic way, my evaluation of your character remains unchanged: you're a fucking idiot! grin grin
Keep your anger and vulgarity because it is formed out of gross ignorance and inability to fully comprehend basic explanations.
I am aware that child trafficking, slavery and child labour are crimes which are not comparable with the primary motives surrounding the house help system where improverished children are fully assimilated and absolved in homes or business places while being taken care of by guardians and distant relatives in most cases.
I have never upheld the degeneration in the househelp system, maltreatment and victimization of househelps as basic principles of the system.
These issues arise when people that are supposed to take care of them begin to oppress them.
A lot of children have benefitted from the system and i have numerous tales from beneficiaries.
Secondly,i never situated my premise along the lines of child labour and trafficking which are criminal offenses.
It is one thing to take in a child,it is another to maltreat and subject them to slavery and emasculate their right,which is what informed Eldee's post, that is if you are able to read and process simple information.
Slavery/child labour and househelp system devoid of maltreatment are two parallel issues.
Some of you reason and analyze comments like animals! Go back to Eldee's premise/post, look at the context and see that your fooolishness is astronomical!

You are an Idiiot if i have to explain this again!
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by wisestfool1759(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2017
Undisputed Fact
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Rubyventures: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2017
Angy55:

Yeah, nothing good about slavery but the chances of escaping and getting freed are higher than when you are in a faraway land.

Says who?

It all depends on luck. In Nigeria here it happens right under our noses and no body says anything. Although I must emphasise the need to differentiate between child labour , exploitation and slavery they should not be mixed up as they are different but in all cases there is always a victim.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Ugosample(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
KemjikaEme:

I don't understand why you are stalking me and jumping into my post on other threads especially when you don't understand basic principles and difference.
I clearly made a difference between child labour and house help system in Africa which hundreds of poor children have benefitted from.
Problems arises when people maltreat and deny them of human rights and expose them to dangers.
No person on earth will condemn a guardian who is taking care of child and provided him/her with education while he/her help out around the house.
This model has been used on many accounts to bring children out of poverty and give them a new lease of life.
There is a big difference between child labour/slavery and the househelp system.
I hope your keep your stupiddty away and quit intruding in my discourse.

I'm not stalking you o

I just happened to meet you on this thread.
grin
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by romeorailss: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2017
Angy55:
100% true but it's better to be a slave in your homeland than be a slave in another man's land

Stop this. Don't make it seem less inhumane, stop it and return that girl to her parent angry
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by romeorailss: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
solasoulmusic:
Slaves are bought and sold one time but employment is paying wages monthly so please how is that similar I applaud him for fighting a brave fight but abeg please wetin concern employment and slavery ...have you seen a slave with a bank account exactly

Modern slavery! Modern slaveryyy!! angry
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Angy55(f): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
romeorailss:

Stop this. Don't make it seem less inhumane, stop it and return that girl to her parent angry

Which girl are you referring to here?
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Lalas247(f): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
Dimples129:

kiss kiss kiss

How's your royal flyness doing grin

kiss kiss I’m doing great got a cold but good generally ...
I hope they get lots of siggies for that petition ... didn’t even know about it till I saw your comments
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
Lalas247:

kiss kiss I’m doing great got a cold but good generally ...
I hope they get lots of siggies for that petition ... didn’t even know about it till I saw your comments

I only found out about it yesterday, yeah it's got over 200,000 and when I signed it yesterday it was 96,000
An African sister (I think Nigerian, judging by her name, created the petition.).

Bless you hun! Get well soon kiss

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Lalas247(f): 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Dimples129:

I only found out about it yesterday, yeah it's got over 200,000 and when I signed it yesterday it was 96,000
An African sister (I think Nigerian, judging by her name, created the petition.).

Oh ok, No worries wink
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Lalas247(f): 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Dimples129:

Oh ok, No worries wink

Will do kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Under Spiritual Attack For Starting #GiveChallenge / Dj Young Money Signed To K-nation Entertainment (Photos) / Miss Anambra Sex-tape: Police Denies Arresting Suspects Behind Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.