Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery (23546 Views)

Eldee The Don: How I Contributed To The Decay Called Yahoo Boys / Mother-In-Law Of Eldee The Don Is Dead (Photos) / Eldee The Don And Wife, Dolapo Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by argob44(f): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
A prominent American Nigeria based pastor, Rev. Laurie Idahosa has shared series of tweets by Nigerian singer, Eldee The Don who said "we should also reflect in slavery around us" even as we lament on the reported slavery going on in Libya.

Laurie Idahosa wrote:

WARNING!!!!
CONTROVERSIAL POST THAT MAY MAKE YOU THINK..... Be sure to swipe and read all the tweets, even if it "pinches."
I came across this thread on twitter and found myself shouting "YES! THIS IS THE MENTALITY THAT ALLOWS MODERN DAY SLAVERY TO THRIVE!"

I ended up retweeting each post. I have been saying this for years and have gotten lots of backlashes and have heard many well-formed defenses from friends who partake in such practices.

Maybe this is the time to bring the WHOLE matter to light. It is easy to create awareness and to cry over something that seems abstract and far away... What about the "slavery" many witnesses or even engage in regularly in their homes?

If you can't afford to hire a consenting adult or pay your workers minimum wage (at the very least) then... do your own laundry! Take care of your own kids! Sweep your own floor!.

Engaging a 12-year-old girl from the village to help you carry your baby while denying her education and a free-life is slavery... any which way you try to defend it.
#endslavery #endmoderndayslavery

SOURCE: http://www.asbgistng.com/2017/11/slavery-libya-house-help-eldee-react.html

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by argob44(f): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by JayceeYT: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
very true ...all these women that would carry a girl of 9years to be doing house chores for you without sending them to school or even paying them any reasonable sum...hope you all know that you are partakers in slavery....

85 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
In Walter White voice, you're Goddamn right!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by miqos03: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Wow
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by registration(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Oh
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by 9jvirgin(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
2 Things that will hold Africa and Africans as slaves till the end of days is Religion and Politics, this is worst than any form of slavery.

10 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Acidosis(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
He's right
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Jubilancy(f): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
I like to think of it as employment # tagging it as slavery is way over the top for me

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Rendition(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
Exactly!!!
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by waveskaaya(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
so true cry
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by wildcatter23(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. Lots of us are guilty of using house helps as slaves and in way below human dignity

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
True talks

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by MaryBenn(f): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Brilliant

3 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by kennosklint(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
talk wei make sense.although some pple from the other side have sold themselves already to some particular group of pple.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Thegamingorca(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Lol..The Libya slaves are better off than being in this hell hole

The househelps are still in this hell hole, get the difference
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Youngdream1: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
This one has turn to musician to commentator.
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Angy55(f): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
100% true but it's better to be a slave in your homeland than be a slave in another man's land
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by brainpower(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
He made some good points there

But personally, I can't compare what's happening here to that of Libya. Some of them are being used for medical experiments while the organs of some others are harvested and sold to rich men.

All in all, this is purely man's inhumanity to man.

5 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Thegamingorca(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Don't compare d libyanite refugees to house help nah

Nigeria no be country nah...For them to have chosen to leave here in search of greenerpastures should tell you that this country no be am

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by oshe11: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
lets pray for wizkid as well

Sony has turned him to their slave

Its beta to eat sh*t ones n blow dan continual asslicking of whitesgrin

#Freewizzy
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Uyi168: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
sense too full eldee head..

5 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Realhommie(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Apt, he nailed it.. I've always known Eldee to be an intelligent guy, here's what it means to be a celebrity, a role model..

Kudos ElDee the Don.

21 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Pvibe007: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who has the patriot stamp. Comman dab Eldees certificate o!

2 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by monex(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jubilancy:
I like to think of it as employment # tagging it as slavery is way over the top for me

It is slavery !

(1) you cant employ a child - child labor

(2) you don't pay the child the wages but instead pay someone else - human trafficking

all the child gets from you depends on your benevolence e.g. school, food, shelter etc.

employ an above 18 house maid and pay him/her for her services directly.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by AJvine(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
This is so tru...#endslavery #endmoderndayslavery
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by tejpot(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
He made a point actually!

Benjamin Oluwafolajimi TOLA needs your help.

He is 80% deaf, needs something done urgently!

https://www.nairaland.com/4201630/nairalanders-benjamin-tola-regain-hearing

4 Likes

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by congorasta: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
true true
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by davillian(m): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
#word from eldee the don.
This dude talks when he needs to and stays mute when there is nothing to say.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Yinxies(f): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
My brother you are on point!
Re: Eldee On Slavery In Libya: Those With House Helps Are Also Involved In Slavery by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
Slaves are bought and sold one time but employment is paying wages monthly so please how is that similar I applaud him for fighting a brave fight but abeg please wetin concern employment and slavery ...have you seen a slave with a bank account exactly

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Junior Pope Celebrates Son's 1 Year Birthday, Shares Photos / Nigerian Celebrity Arm Wrestling Launched (Photos) / Yomi Fabiyi Sues Eniola Eunice Omoshalewa For N15 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.