Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (90519 Views)

Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sprumbabafather: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2017
hornyofife:
Bleep, I missed...

Welcome bruv. Show them.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2017
totit:

Stats, conducted by who
You fink people just come up with self made,oral stats bas on you personal figures grin
I am sure many people here are not illiterates.

Shm.
Anyways, here is the new surrounding of cocoa house you were displaying it 80s Shm. grin

Ibadan two skyscrapers in middle of slums grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 11:03am On Nov 30, 2017
Basic123:

totit come and see your people oooo grin
no longer only Lagos!

"lagos n Ibadan was first built by the British n later by Nigerians"....grin

BUT IGBOLAND GOVERNORS RECEIVE THEIR ALLOCATIONS FROM ONAHEZE NDIGBO COOPERATIVE SOCIETY grin grin
these people and ARROGANCE AND EMPTY CHESTBEAT
grin!

No mind that one jare. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2017
Lagos was developed by the govt of Nigeria as erstwhile capital. It wasn't done by Yoruba, if Yoruba claim they developed Lagos, let them develop the remaining slums littering the south west

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2017
post=62847667:

Ibadan two skyscrapers in middle of slums grin grin grin grin grin grin

Old. Next please grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2017
36STATES:

What do you guys do with your money since you don't build houses?

They do owambe parties

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2017
Enugu old eastern capital

13 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:06am On Nov 30, 2017
totit:

Old. Next please grin

2 skyscrapers in the middle of a slum. Lmfao

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by ValUlasi: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2017
Good morning from Onitsha.

9 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2017
[b]Enugu Old eastern capita[/b]l.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:09am On Nov 30, 2017
[s]
Ekinematics:

In as much as when people talk of SW most refer to Lagos. There are other cities there too, but saying Enugu and Owerri are more developed than Ibadan then you are lying to yourself.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2017
meforyou1:
SE is far more developed than SW. Lagos is not part of SW. Chief layi from lagos island said so. Lets compare the state capitals.
Enugu is more developed than ibadan. Owerri is more developed than ibadan. Awka is more developed than abeokuta. Umuahia is more developed than abeokuta. Abakiliki is more developed than abeokuta. Not to talk of the great cities of aba and onitsha.
All those ur state capitals like osogbo and akure are not even as developed as nore igbo towns like nsukka and ihialla

List the followings for Enugu and Owerri before conclusion is made that they are more developed than Ibadan; grin

Numbers of famous and top Estates
Numbers of standard higher Institutions
Numbers of research institutions
Numbers of H/Q of FMCGs
Numbers of international Branded hotels
Number of sports infrastructures(stadiums, golf course, Polo course etc)
Numbers of startup incubators
Numbers of international malls, eateries, restaurants, Boutiques etc
Numbers of Cinemas
Numbers of dualized roads, tunnels and bridges
Numbers of banks branches concentration in districts ( not just one or three areas)
Numbers of international schools
Transportation mode ranging from road, rail and present of airport
Numbers of standard recreational centers
Population
Population of expatriates
Numbers of famous landmarks e.g first skyscraper in sub sahara Africa, First University in Nigeria, first glass high rise in Nigeria etcetc
Numbers of international conference centers and cultural centers.
Present of a port. Either sea port or dry port

If any have more, please do endeavor to add to the list.

NB; if Enugu and Owerri can't provide all as listed , sorry, they are not as developed as Ibadan because most of those things listed are currently available right inside Ibadan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sprumbabafather: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2017
post=62847769:
Enugu old eastern capital

Now, this is intimidating. Not funny to Afonjas anymore grin
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2017
MORE from old eastern region

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hamzeiy: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2017
Coming from someone that has travelled a lot, I am from north central and I have been to all the states in the north central onther than jos. I have only been to the outskirt of jos,
I have been to all the southwestern states, northwestern states other than jigawa and sokoto,i have been to all the south south states except cross river and akwa obom, I have been to south eastern states apart from ebonyi, and I can categorically tell you the most undeveloped region in nigeria is north east followed by my region (not proud of this) north central while the most developed region is southwest then north west. There is no debate on this fact other than in experience, lack of exposure and unnecessary bigotry.
Though when you single out states like imo compared to some southwestern states the difference. In beauty and development might be clear .
Other than rochas okorocha,s state most south-eastern states shouldn't be compared to any south western state. And for those comparing Port H to lagos. They are not comparable though PH is more developed than other southwestern states.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2017
Owerri na obodo oyibo compared to Ibada

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2017
ThumbzTNA:

2 skyscrapers in the middle of a slum. Lmfao

Really? undecided

Can you state beat that? Tired of this oral opinion,abeg. grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 11:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Ibadan is shit

8 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2017
forgiveness:

Present of a port. Either sea port or dry port

List the followings for Enugu and Owerri before conclusion are made that they are more developed than Ibadan; grin

Numbers of famous and top Estates
Numbers of standard higher Institutions
Numbers of research institutions
Numbers of H/Q of FMCGs
Numbers of international Branded hotels
Number of sports infrastructures(stadiums, golf course, Polo course etc)
Numbers of startup incubators
Numbers of international malls, eateries, restaurants, Boutiques etc
Numbers of Cinemas
Numbers of dualized roads, tunnels and bridges
Numbers of banks branches concentration in districts ( not just one or three areas)
Numbers of international schools
Transportation mode ranging from road, rail and present of airport
Numbers of standard recreational centers
Population
Population of expatriates
Numbers of famous landmarks e.g first skyscraper in sub sahara Africa, First University in Nigeria, first glass high rise in Nigeria etcetc
Numbers of international conference centers and cultural centers.

If any have more, please do endeavor to add to the list.

NB; if Enugu and Owerri can't provide all as listed , sorry, they are not as developed as Ibadan because most of those things listed are currently available.
have u been to enugu? Enugu is far more developed than ibadan

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2017
Just take a good look at the future of alaigbo.
Who will manage these building where industries is no where be found grin who
Is this development considering the degradation of industries in alaigbo grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2017
does ibadan have underground tunnel?

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2017
meforyou1:
have u been to enugu? Enugu is far more developed than ibadan

Several times. Enugu is beautiful but not developed than Ibadan.

Just list all the things I listed on my list.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2017
See how neat, healthy and well fed our moms and dads look..you don't see hungry, malnourish looking cretins with dirty agbada . you wonder why Igbo children are always fine

11 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:26am On Nov 30, 2017
Minus Lagos city of all tribes western cities are worst in southern region

Awka, Anambra state capital

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by totit: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2017
What's this owambes and halls meetings images got to do with development grin

Lmao. grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2017
how dare you insult owerri by comparing it with ibadan?

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by BenzEne1(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2017
chalsixtus:

Akwa Ibom can't match Ogun state my ass
if you are from Edo state its obvious ur own of those who were in the old western region hence your confusion
Ogun a state whose state capital can't boast of water ? Google it Abeokuta is one of d worst cities in Africa , third from below , for a state who is still dependent on Lagos state for amenities such as airport you shld be ashamed of yourself for such comparison
I will still compare south west states to local govt areas in Niger delta , its an insult to compare them directly to Niger delta states

ikot Ekpene LGA is better than Ekiti state
Ekete LGA is better than osun state
Obio Akpor LGA in rivers is more developed than ondo state
bonny in rivers is more developed than Oyo state
warri is more developed than Ogun state

deal with that ,Educationally in 2017 the south westerners remain backwards a state like Ogun where the state govt gives directives that no child should repeat a class even with poor performance can be termed developed ?
in Ogun state there's no Central park headed to major cities in Nigeria except the western region you would have to go to lag to do that , if u dnt hv facts just read up don't spew trash here

I shouldn't be answering you aanymore. But if you've been to Ota, Sagamu, Ewekoro, Ibese to.mention a few and seen.their industrial spread you won't be saying all this.

Here is what each of the 36 states got in the first quarter of 2017 after all deductions were made.

Abia N8.42 billion, Adamawa N7.8 billion, Akwa Ibom N34.88 billion, Anambra, N8.7 billion, Bauchi, N7.9 billion, Bayelsa, N22.97 billion, Benue, N8.16 billion, Borno, N9.74 billion and Cross River, N4.28 billion.

Also, Delta got N21.54 billion, Ebonyi, N7.56 billion, Edo, N6.5 billion, Ekiti, N4.97 billion, Enugu, N7.86 billion, Gombe, N6.35 billion, Imo, N7.92 billion, Jigawa, N9.66 billion, Kaduna, N10.56 billion and Kano, N14.02 billion.

Similarly, Katsina’s share from the federation account in 3 months was N10.05 billion, Kebbi, N8.37 billion, Kogi, N8.28 billion, Kwara, N6.9 billion, Lagos, 19.03 billion, Nasarawa, N7.41 billion and Niger, N9 billion.

Finally, Ogun state got N4.98 as allocation for first quarter, 2017, Ondo, N10.22 billion, Osun, N1.76 billion, Oyo, N8.9 billion, Plateau, N5.7 billion, Rivers, N26.8 billion, Sokoto, N9.07 billion, Taraba, N6.9 billion, Yobe, N8.33 billion, and Zamfara, N5.91 billion.

You can see that not even Lagos could match up with our ND states. Yet what can we show for it?
Only Akwa Ibom from the ND states is not owing salaries or pensions. Development is not measured by the little investment you make from a windfall but from the much you can do with scarce resource.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by UncleJudax(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2017
Hypocrisy (which is a Nigerian by the way), is when you "rate" Middle belt ahead of SE because of Abuja, but insist that Lagos is Not what it is today because of its former FCT Status.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2017
hamzeiy:
Coming from someone that has travelled a lot, I am from north central and I have been to all the states in the north central onther than jos. I have only been to the outskirt of jos,
I have been to all the southwestern states, northwestern states other than jigawa and sokoto,i have been to all the south south states except cross river and akwa obom, I have been to south eastern states apart from ebonyi, and I can categorically tell you the most undeveloped region in nigeria is north east followed by my region (not proud of this) north central while the most developed region is southwest then north west. There is no debate on this fact other than in experience, lack of exposure and unnecessary bigotry
coming from somebody that has travelled a lot. I have been to all SE capitals. I have been to all SS except yenagoa. I have been to all SW capitals. Lagos is not part of SW. Be sincere with yourself, enugu, owerri, umuahia and awka (since u have not been to abakiliki) are far more developed than akure, osogbo, abeokuta and ibadan. I dont usually include Ekiti because Fayose is a great man.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2017
Rochas just open up this site 2-3 yrs ago, see what it looks like now....you see why they call us developers grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2017
totit:

Lmao. grin

Awka

9 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by ValUlasi: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2017
Igbo land is something else. Awka cheesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (49) (Reply)

FG To Demolish Bishop Oyedepo’s Hangar At Lagos Airport / White People React As Buhari Says He Is Not Cloned In Poland (photos / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.