Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army (16293 Views)

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick / Isa Pantami: Boko Haram Kicks Against New Sim Card Policy, Threatens Minister / Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Quality20(m): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2017
but they need to foist Igbo language on d Nigerian army o so d other officers can easily know when Igbo guys are up to some evil like coup or secession. We can't forget how or what igbos did to us; ist military coup and ist and only secession attempt by ojukwu n co. They also wiped out our founding fathers like sardauna, tafawa balewa, etc
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by BruncleZuma: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Anyone notice Nigerian Flag in this picture? For those who are still dreaming about MainaGate and other gates this is the military Arm of the OIC. Organisation of Islamic Countries.

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by edibobo: 11:59am On Nov 30, 2017
The way useless policies are being pop up daily in this Country is alarming. They want to deprived minorities with their stupid three major languages?
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 30, 2017
agwom:
A welcome development to those who want to join Nigerian army forces and helps fighting boko boys, IPOB etc
Nigger Area army is the same as Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by 360command: 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
cstr1000:
It is a terrible policy.
What Is so special about Igbo, Yoruba or hausa? What have they done to help Nigeria?
I am Igbo, btw.
have you heard about majority and minority?
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by nNEOo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
I agree ......it time we kick against English it both dull not to mention plain stupid angry
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by cstr1000: 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
Majority my foot.

How has your majority helped the country?
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by cstr1000: 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:
Majority by foot.

1 Like

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by PDJT: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
I have no doubt in my mind that Nigeria will eventually kill off all those minority languages. If WAEC doesn’t examine your language, then your language is literally insignificant.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by buffalowings: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Kingofrudy:
Spot on. English is the only unifying language in nigeria. The military should rather consider proficiency in English language and pidgin English. Shikena

We thank the military for being professional in handling the threats of IPOB and Niger delta avengers. Now we can sleep in peace and shout One Nigeria

Boko Haram?

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
Quality20:
but they need to foist Igbo language on d Nigerian army o so d other officers can easily know when Igbo guys are up to some evil like coup or secession. We can't forget how or what igbos did to us; ist military coup and ist and only secession attempt by ojukwu n co. They also wiped out our founding fathers like sardauna, tafawa balewa, etc

Lolzzzz

So Igbos guys are ur main concern.....

Igbo language no dey easy to learn

Hardsest among the other two hausa and yoruba....
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by AceRoyal: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
DLondonboiy:

You had to involve IPOB in your foolishness?
In as much as I don't support IPOB branding them a terrorist organization is absolutely wrong and mendacious.
I haven't read or heard they killed anyone for their agitation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by PDJT: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
Quality20:

Is it not the height of stupidity to fight a 30-month long war & continue to fight in order to have those Igbos you people hate, as compatriots? No wonder, people of other race look down on Nigerians as there are more people of minimal intelligence than not.

1 Like

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
The reign of the illiterates will definitely be over.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by 360command: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
cstr1000:

Majority by foot.

alot.. Education, agriculture, minerals and natural resources, sports, entertainment, military power, human skill development..

Look, even in other countries of the world they acknowledge majority and minority.. I do not know why you brought this up.. Please let's not argue.. I am from the minority...
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
Buratai's stuwpiduty is something else, is it only 3 languages in Nigeria? Unlearned fellow
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
360command:

Is oil in the land of the majority? Majority my foot. Illiterates will be the ruin of this country
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Oyiboman69: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
Kingofrudy:
Spot on. English is the only unifying language in nigeria. The military should rather consider proficiency in English language and pidgin English. Shikena

We thank the military for being professional in handling the threats of IPOB and Niger delta avengers. Now we can sleep in peace and shout One Nigeria

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by asawanathegreat(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
First time naija Reps do beta tin
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by indoorscholar(m): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
Being multilingual is an asset,especially for those soldiers who are deployed outside their native territory. However,the time frame is too short to learn those languages.

It would be a welcome development if the military funds a language programme. Then again, Nigeria struggles to pay salary so I don't see the army funding the programme
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by 360command: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

Is oil in the land of the majority? Majority my foot. Illiterates will be the ruin of this country
smiles!!! Nigeria is big, I brought in sectors where the majority have thrived.. The fact that oil is not in the land of the majority does not mean other regions don't have its natural and mineral resources.

I am glad that you point out oil to be for the minority.. At least, you know that most of the examples I gave are true making the majority what it is to be majority..

Between, I am a minority...
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Surfboard(m): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
I felt pleased hearing this news on the radio this morning. Shows that some of us are still thinking with our brains.

Hope the military hierarchy heed the Lawmakers and reverse that divisive directive. We have English as our official language for a reason.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by indoorscholar(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
Quality20:

You guys in turn wiped out thousands of Igbo's, seized their assets and committed several crimes against humanity during that period. Read "The Nigerian revolution and Biafran war" by Major-General Alexander Madiebo. Crawl out of your ethno-centric bubble.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Gulledgedsg: 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Why not use the official language?.... It's time we get the houses out of power
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by indoorscholar(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
michaelwilli:
In other countries, the armed forces teaches soldiers languages, I dont know abt naija sha

Exactly, even the police is southern united States teach Spanish to some of their officers.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Etuagievin(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
If buratais new language policy is allowed to work in the military. You will see a gradual shift from the other 2 languages to HAUSA language. Its a ploy. Then, what about the vast majority of the nigerian populace (so-called minority )? Hmn! Forced to learn a language they are alien to abi? They want to tell us our language is inferior.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by udemzyudex(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
Instead of them to promote pidgin language they are saying trash, for someone that have spend all his life in the south , how do you expect him to learn and understand yoruba, igbo and hausa?

Rubbish people.
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Heartbender: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
There's always something stupid brewing in some looters skull in this country. Which Hausa(Katsina Hausa or Adamawa Hausa etc), Igbo (Anambra Igbo or Ebonyi Igbo etc), or Yoruba ( Ogun Yoruba or Kwarra Yoruba etc) will they use?
What will happen to Efik/Ibibio, Izon, Itshekiri, etc?
Won't it be a precedent for other institutions to fall?
These people should take Panadol Extra because dem need the oga for strong, strong headache
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by BiggyBamBam: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, is an idiot.

Instead of imposing Hausa, Ibo & Yoruba on others, it would have been wise for him to implement Pidgin English as an official language since it is spoken by everybody.

When you want to insult someone as an idiot, just call him/her BURATAI!

Once again, the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, is a complete idiot; ZOMBIE!

Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by brownhawk: 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
demolinka:
In fact it should be imposed in Nigerian tertiary institutions too, not only the armed forces. Good one!
Thunder fire ur mouth. u think someone like me finds it easy and comfortable to learn another language apart from the ones I know
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by justy15: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Those proposing the language policy are simply lacking in idea n should use their head to think of better ways to improve the service
Re: Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army by Iliyasdass(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
9ja is a joke..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. / Gunmen Kidnap Betinah Benson, Mother Of Konbowei Benson, Bayelsa SSG's Mother / 2023: My Policies Will Make Nigerians Vote APC Again – Buhari Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.