Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats (17024 Views)

Buhari Saddened As Taiye Abe Dies In South Africa / Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) / Slavery In Libya: FFK Shares Graphic Picture Of What Sub-saharan Africans Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by lightblazingnow(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
It saddens my heart that Nigerians are sold in Libya like goats - President Buhari
nigerianeye.com

Nigeria has resolved that all its citizens that are stranded in Libya and other parts of the world will be brought home and be rehabilitated. President Muhammadu Buhari gave the indications on Tuesday night in Abidjan where he is attending the EU-AU summit.
President Buhari who met with Nigerians in the Diaspora in Abidjan vowed to reduce the number of Nigerians heading for Europe illegally through the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea by providing basic social amenities such as education, healthcare, and food security at home. The President’s interaction with the Nigerian citizens in Cote d’Ivoire was reported on Wednesday by the Senior Special Assistant (Media & Publicity), Mr. Garba Shehu.

Buhari said that all necessary steps will be taken to stem the tide of illegal migration by Nigerians. He, however, noted that it was “very difficult to know the origin of the people who died’’, while attempting the perilous journey across the Mediterranean, because of lack of documentation.

“When it was announced that 26 Nigerians died recently in the Mediterranean, before they proved that they were all Nigerians, they buried them. “But the evidence I have from the Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora and Foreign Affairs, (Mrs. Abike Dabiri-Erewa) is that only three of them were identified as Nigerians. But I’ll not be surprised if the majority of them were Nigerians. “But anybody who died in the desert and Mediterranean without documents; to prove that he is a Nigerian, there is absolutely nothing we can do,’’ he said.

Reacting to a recent footage of the sale of Africans in Libya, President Buhari said it was appalling that “some Nigerians (in the footage) where being sold like goats for few dollars in Libya.’’ ‘‘After 43 years of Gadhafi, why are they recruiting so many people from the Sahel including Nigerians? All they learned was how to shoot and kill. They didn’t learn to be electricians, plumbers or any other trade,’’ he said. On domestic issues, Buhari said that there was ‘‘good news from home’’ in the area of security, economy and anti-corruption. “We are not doing too badly in trying to secure the country, improve the economy and deal with corruption. “We are doing our best at all levels including security.

It is absolute madness for people to blow others up in markets, churches, and mosques. No religion advocates violence. Justice is the basic thing all religions demand and you can’t go wrong if you do it,’’ he said. On food security, the President said that his vision of repositioning Nigeria as a food-secure nation is on course as the country is on the verge of attaining food security. He attributed the development to positive agricultural reform programmes and bumper harvest occasioned by good weather. According to the President, interventions through the Anchors Borrows Programme of the CBN and the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative, among others, have been very successful in the agricultural reform initiative.

“People have gone back to the farm. We got the CBN, agriculture minister and money was provided at very low interest to farmers and the farmers responded and it was very positive. “We are lucky that we are in a position to feed ourselves.

So we are going to have food security in Nigeria earlier than anybody ever thought,’’ he noted. The President advised Nigerians in Cote D’ Ivoire to be good ambassadors in their host country, warning that the Embassy will not hesitate to repatriate those who tarnish the image of the country abroad.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2017/11/it-saddens-my-heart-that-nigerians-are.html

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by lightblazingnow(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
It's even happening in more undisclosed location in Africa and the rest of the world...a wake up call

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
lightblazingnow:

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2017/11/it-saddens-my-heart-that-nigerians-are.html
But el-dullardeen will continue destroying the Nigerian economy, so that more young people will keep migrating into slavery

29 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
Thanks to 50 years of hausa fulani controlled bad governance .

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
jerseyboy:
Thanks to 50 years of hausa fulani controlled bad governance .

36 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by oblaak(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
The illiterate president is happy about it since his asslickers are not involved. President for the religion of waste

30 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by lightblazingnow(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Cc lalasticlala
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by aribisala0(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
They should be sold like chickens

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hmmm

Bubu, here is HOW you stop people from migrating to Libya...and then to Europe.

Once upon a time, thousands of Koreans and before them Japanese were migrating all over the place...then something happened.

Their home countries became industrial...and started manufacturing goods for the world to consume.

Bubu, i can never be you...but if i was in your shoes

1.I will cut all government spending...especially on our Senate and House of Reps and special advisers

2.I will increase taxes and also increase fees in health and education. All universities are gonna become public private.

3.I will start a ten year no, FIVE year programme to increase power gen to 20000MW...and we dobule that in ten years

4.Increase spending on technical schools, mono and polytechnics.

5.Deregulate the downstream petrol sector...yes, we waste millions on subsidy

6.Fight corruption...including APC members.

7.Attract foreign investors

8.Take a loan of 100bn USD to fix power transmission thoroughly.

9.Increase manufacturing.

10...Then there will be jobs galore...and no one would want to go to LEEBYA.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
They should be sold like chickens

Come again?
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by ArchangeLucifer: 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
His fault.

If he didn't make this country so difficult to survive in helped with the votes of people like sarrki, they wouldn't be leaving in droves to their doom.

He should shut up abeg, lets hear word.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by nairavsdollars(f): 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
He should take decisive action and stop the lamentations and shedding of crocodile tears

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by sunnyside16(m): 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
And he is worried that they are killed like goats by herdsmen.
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Who isn't saddened
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Yourr: 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
It saddens my heart that Nigerians are sold in Libya like goats - President Buhari

I thought they said Nigeria is a zoo that does not take care of it's citizens. I tell you some of those people you see there prefer to be a free goat rather than live in a caged zoo

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by PointZerom: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
lies
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by miqos03: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
OK sir
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by neonly: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
No bi him cause am in 1st place

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by lytech1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Williamstd9: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Take action oga!
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
na fellow nigerians carry dem go there after collecting 300-500k.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Tjohnnay: 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
C dis man sha

Who ar we to blame? If to say u don make 9ja better creat jobs, promise ppl 5k each turn #1 to $1

Those ppl for nor comot for this country na

Bt here u ar saying trash

U ar the cause of these. Problems and you will never go unpunished

Buhari u ar a dullard u have failed

I never chop better food since morning country juz hard anyow

Na only yahoo juz dey gv person small hope if not

Make i do hurry comot for this country self

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by sureheaven(m): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Some are people are just too dumb and can't reason well because of religion, politics and tribe. People have bn migrating to Lybia before PMB came on board. And this occurrence Is not just happening, it has been for a long time. PMB must do something about this evil act urgently.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by LadyAlison(f): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
I hope you are sad enough to make the remaining year of your miserable rule a little bit bearable for us....
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by goshen26: 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ok
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by jaheymezz(m): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by Koolking(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
giftq:

But el-dullardeen will continue destroying the Nigerian economy, so that more young people will keep migrating into slavery

Why is your situation not so bad to warrant your plunging into unknown waters?

Desperate recklessness is a personal decision, it has nothing to do with government or economy. If your assertion holds any water, then 90% of Nigerians would have embarked on same journey to unknown destination.

It's funny how we blame the government all the time for our self-inflict woes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by stchinedu: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
I hear undecided
Re: President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats by three: 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) / IGP: Northern Elders, Afenifere, Csos Fume As Buhari Extends Adamu’s Tenure / APC Fixes New Dates For Closure Of Purchase, Submission Of Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.