Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Tissue Hearts - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tissue Hearts (1252 Views)

SYNCHRONISED HEARTS(18+) / The Dark Garden Of Hearts / Mended Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tissue Hearts by mareeam802(f): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2017
When Nadia and Rasheed; who were head over heels with each other separates months to their wedding, life didn't get any much better.

They meet again in a coffee shop, long after breaking up and looking back at the past, they see that they cannot live without each other.

Episodes update starts next week.

Re: Tissue Hearts by mareeam802(f): 8:35am On Dec 08, 2017
Episode One

Nadia had been in the coffee shop for hours. It was her usual routine every morning…to sit there and ruminate over the past.

She stared at the cold black coffee and tried to fight the tears that filled up her eyes.

She looked at the view beside her and it made her feel much better. The natural scenery was beautiful and calm…something that always helped her after a troubled day.

It had been months and getting over Rasheed was almost impossible. Their last parting had been very remorseful.

I have to move on with life. He’s past now. She muttered as she sipped from the cup.

A familiar figure entered the coffee shop. He looked the same way, dressed in his usual sweater and trouser, with the same disheveled hair that she had loved so much.

She looked through her cup and shrieked in fear, wondering why he has there.

They haven’t seen each other for months.

He looked clearly unhappy as he ordered a cup of coffee and walked over to get a seat…when he caught sight of her, the woman he love…the one who had made him very unhappy.

He thought he was dreaming, just like he had done the same last night when she appeared. They laughed as usual and she promised to always be his side.

It was then he opened his eyes and saw that it was only dream…just like it had been for the past nights. She was never coming back!

Blinking severally to be sure that it was reality, he still saw the loveliest lady he had ever seen, the only lady that could make him feel helpless and uncontrollable. The woman he fell in love with, at first sight.

He walked to her seat, counting his steps as his heart beat in thud. He once felt comfortable with her by his side but it’s the contrast now.

“Nadia Thanni?”

“Asalamu ‘alaykum Rasheed”. She gave a weak smile.

“Wa’alaykumu salam. May I sit?”

“Of course”. She said as he sat, noticing the black coffee she drank.

Nadia drank coffee only when she was unhappy. It was something he always knew.

“How are you?” He asked, crossing his legs and placing his cappuccino on the table.

“I’m fine. You?”

“Great”. He said, raking his messy hair.

It was an act that turned her on before now.

Everywhere went silent as Nadia sipped her coffee uncomfortably, watching the view outside to make her feel better.

This time, it had no effect on her.

“How is Maher?” He asked.

“We’ve broken up. Our relationship couldn’t last…and Yasmin?”

“The same happened to us”. He said.

Nadia sipped her coffee again and tried to hide how uncomfortable she felt.

I could have just remained in the office. I wouldn’t have met him again after a long time…

“Are you happy Nadia?”

“Do I look happy?” She laughed ruefully.

“It’s been three months and I still can’t get you off my mind. How absurd is it”. He sighed deeply.

They had parted ways in a way that wasn’t good.

“We felt leaving ourselves is the best for us”. Nadia said as her eyes swelled with tears.

“Is it? Why did even think that we can live without each other?”

Nadia placed her hand over her mouth. “Is it too late?”

“Is it too late?” He asked the same question as they ruminated over their life before now, and the happy and sad moments they shared.

to be continued...

maryamnittywall.blogpot.com
Re: Tissue Hearts by afolabiwunmi: 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
Hmm,kudos
Re: Tissue Hearts by mareeam802(f): 9:16am On Dec 16, 2017
Episode Two

Nadia’s Point of View

“I really need coffee right now”. I placed my hands over my head as we walked down the street.

I had finished my session on the radio and Zaynah and I decided to go out for lunch.

I work as a Presenter in Felicity fm, where I give the breakfast show. It was not an easy job to talk for hours and when you do so, coffee work wonders.

“Coffee addict!” Zaynah rolled her eyes at me.

Zaynah and I work in the same company. She is however not a presenter. Zaynah is my closest friend. We clicked the very moment we met.

She’s quite unique and adorable, tall, ebony skin with a great poise. She’s a single mother who lost her husband in the early years of marriage. Despite that, she’s strong, determined and working hard to make sure that her little son gets the best out of life.

“I need it. Have you imagined raising your voice to millions of people?”

“I wouldn’t even dream of that. Well, it’s your work and you love it. That’s what matters,” She said, “Mind if we buy lunch and go eat in the coffee shop? I’m seriously starving. Don’t worry, lunch on me”. She raised her hands proudly.

“You’re the best. How can I imagine life without you?” I teased.

“Don’t be too happy. Nothing goes for nothing”.

“As far you don’t ask for my head tomorrow, I’m fine”. I laughed sarcastically.

We walked into the restaurant and Zaynah bought us lunch. I watched as she joked with the man at the counter. She was truly lovely and her amazing, her green gown glittering in delight.

Zaynah is also a fashion designer and as her best friend, I get to wear free nice clothes.

“Okay, that’s it. Let’s get going”. She threw the bags into my hands as we left the restaurant.

We got to the coffee shop in no time and occupied our usual seat, where I viewed the natural scenery outside.

“Why do you keep staring outside?” She asked as we had ordered coffee and opened our meal.
“It makes me feel very great…and peaceful”.

“All I see is grass and palm trees…and some flowers”. She frowned.

“You’re strange Zaynah”. I frowned at her as I picked my spoon and inhaled the lovely aroma.

“This is always the best time of the day”. I sipped the hot coffee and grinned widely.

“Hmm…lazy lazy, Nadia”.

“Whatever”. I took my phone and continued the book I was reading.

Zaynah threw her spoon and stared at me in disgust. “You keep doing this…read those boring books and pretend like you’re the only person in the world”.

“Books are lovely. You should try reading Maryam AbdulWahab’s book series”.

“Oh please. The only time I read is when I need to sleep”. She rolled her eyes.

“AM I DREAMING?!” An unfamiliar male voice called from behind.

Continue reading https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2017/12/tissue-hearts_16.html

1 Like

Re: Tissue Hearts by mareeam802(f): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
Episode Four
Nadia’s Point of View
“Hello Zaynah”. I gave my brightest smile as I entered Zaynah’s little sports car.

She usually pick me up from home after dropping off her son at school. We’ll both go to work from there.

Zaynah, instead replied with a scowl. “What’s up with your cool smile and lovely dress? Please get in or we’ll get to work late”. She placed her hands on the steering wheels.

“Who knows who I might bump into today? You wouldn’t want me looking like a clown”. I gave her a knowing grin as I took my seat.

She had just started the ignition when my front door opened. My elder brother ran out with two cups. I had forgotten to take the tea I made.

“You forgot this…Asalamu ‘alaykum Zaynah”. He greeted.

“Wa’alaykumu salam Mahmud. Have a nice day”.

“You too”. He handed me the cup and waved.

Zaynah drove out of the compound as she bit her lower lip. “The last time you made me tea was when you were still with Maher. Are you feeling the same now?”

“Yes Zaynah. I feel that sparks of love, like there are butterflies in my stomach”.

“You better be careful. Remember, once bitten, twice shy”. She warned.

“Yes ma. How is Nabil?” I needed to change topic. I never want to dwell in my past and painful relationship again.

“I don’t get Nadia. His rate of development is alarming. You wouldn’t believe that I had to shop again yesterday because he finished everything at home. His teacher told me this morning to increase the quantity of meal I serve him for lunch”. She laughed.

“Oh gosh! Nabil is gonna eat you one day!”
We left the coffee shop after lunch with no sight of Rasheed. I thought he’d come there for lunch but he didn’t.

“Why don’t you just call him”. Zaynah watched me give a disappointed look as we walked back to the company.

“No. He has to call first”.

Zaynah gave me an unbelievable look. “You still maintain that notion?”

“Yes”.

“Even when it is apparent that you’re missing him?”
Continue reading https://maryamnittywall..com.ng/2018/01/tissue-hearts.html

Re: Tissue Hearts by iambijo(m): 8:42am On Jan 30, 2018
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Have You Tried Publishing Your Books Through Publiseer? / The Mercenary / I See Things Others Do Not See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.