Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday (41228 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Slams Goodluck Jonathan / Aisha Yesufu Slams Buhari Over Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate / Biafra: Abaribe Slams FG For Declaring IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Kingbusssy(m): 9:29am On Dec 01, 2017
mgbadike81:
Lai Mohammed would soon list large number of public holidays as an achievement of the Buhari administration.

Iffa hear
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by rajiraymond(m): 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
She know say people don dey forget her so, she decides to be relevant.
Nonsense!

To my fellow muslim brothers and sisters,

Happy Eld- El- Maolud!!!

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Stalwert: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2017
sinceraconcept:
its not about looking for position bro,our mumu president should know better since he claimed to be versed in Quran. Prophet Muhammad never said we should celebrate any day in his memory and anything of such he says we shouldn't do,if we do its haram. its totally unislamic to celebrate Maulud. its wrong.

In your obtuse ignorance do you assume it is up to PMB to decide whether to celebrate Maulud when they are Muslims who advocated for Maulud holiday! There are many Muslims in the country who subscribe to celebrating the holiday and those who don't.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:36am On Dec 01, 2017
BetaThings:
Look, counter the facts I presented
Did Christians not adopt a ;policy of antagonising everything done by Muslims

Lol, i just did so in my previous comment, which show clearly that you people are just looking for a reason for your competition with Christianity, even atheist can testify to your competitive behaviour.

BetaThings:
It is about federal allocation now?
Was that the argument of Christians?
The Christians originally faulted going outside the country for pilgrimage to boost the economy of another country, now they do it
What has changed?
So why are Christians using the same federal allocation to go to Jerusalem?

The same reason why Muslim are using federal allocation to go to mecca.
So stop be hypocrite

BetaThings:
Not in Nigeria!
Otherwise how would somebody doing house fellowship/vigil at midnight - 4am that will keep neighbours awake now complain about the Muslim's call to prayer at 5am?

Really?

Did you have any evidence that justify your claim of "not in Nigeria"

because vigil and house fellowship is not everyday.

And you hardly see churches with horn speakers like mosque, so you Muslim are agent of disturbance every day.

BetaThings:
Sunday is a work-free day and anybody can spend it the way s/he likes
Muslims have no issue with Christians doing fellowship on Fridays, or have we ever complained?

So why are you people having issue with Christian doing there vigil and house fellowship?

Fact is midnight is a free night and anybody can spend it the way they like. You people have not problem with clubs operating in night but have problem with Christian doing vigil eventhough it is only Friday. So hypocrite.

BetaThings:
Why is there a Ministry of Urban planning or masterplan for cities
Every country has planning and construction guidelines - there are places where certain activities are not allowed
A country cannot expand road without end and you should know, compensation payment

And why are they now expanding the road now?

Fact is the traffic conjunction in that high way is not because of Christianity but because of bad planning, how can a truck A highway be as narrow as that?

And that never Justify you people action of blocking highway in Friday.

So you mean those camp are not suppose to be where they are? Maybe they should have build it inside lagos, ikeja or Iyana ipaja i guess.

BetaThings:
I hope you also realise that Muslims don't face this issue in places where Friday is a workfree day

and where in Nigeria is Friday a workfree day?

Even in some part in north where Muslim are majority, you people still block highway, so it not because Friday isn't workfree day but because you people think you can do anything and anyhow. Shame
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by mabea: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Wow! Cant believe someone else echoed my sentiment. Good one Aisha.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2017
rafatoyiza:
women are killing their husband bcz they feel they have equal right with their husband.

Really? So you mean equal right equate to murder right?

Lol, well that's your own point of few.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2017
maasoap:

As if the killings was more rampant among Muslim couples than Christian couples. Sense falls on you.

Lol, am not discussing on which religion have highest killing, am only enphase on what cause the killing.

And can you please show evidence that Christian couple kill more that Muslim couple.

Well i have sense before so i don't mind if you can keep it for your people.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by BetaThings: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2017
profmiganigal:

U people are afraid.....of divorce.....

Who want one nigeria if not hausa fulani gambaris.....

Terrors......boko boys

It is really sad that people get education but let emotions override their debate
Why should I be afraid of anyone living the country
I am tired of these silly arrogance by some people
I want my state, not region, to become a country and be rid of these annoying baseless accusations
Islam allows divorce and Sudan allowed South Sudan to leave

I am not keen about this hate-filled Nigeria, it is a nuisance
If they declare a referendum, I will vote for 36 countries
Allah created me and will feed me, I don't need any human being to do that
We know some Yorubas/Igbos/Hausas living/doing business in other parts want it
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by BetaThings: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2017
mabea:
Wow! Cant believe someone else echoed my sentiment. Good one Aisha.
Please be sincere and share your sentiment about Christmas holiday
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by stilldoingokay(f): 10:05am On Dec 01, 2017
buhari is an idiot
I don't think there even declare public holiday in Saudi Arabia today
senseless human being
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2017
BetaThings:
You appear educated but you don't speak with knowledge
Christianity forbids divorce; Islam does not

Gush, i never Chat with an educated illiterate like you before.

You don't know was bring about the discussion but just jump and display your illiteracy.

Is like it your own version of Christianity that doesn't allow divorce, or is that what your imam told you? Learn about Christianity.

BetaThings:
A woman can ask for divorce. So what type of speaking out is bigger than that?
Who is likely to kill out of frustration? the one that is locked in a marriage hell or the one that can walk out?

Lol. You said your Islam permit divorce but fail to mention the condition attach. What a shame.

Well i will Advice you to go back and read the lady first comment, maybe you will have know of what we are discussing instead of showing your illiteracy. Shame
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by mabea: 10:14am On Dec 01, 2017
BetaThings:

Please be sincere and share your sentiment about Christmas holiday
Look my sentiment is not about religion but the too many holidays we've had this year.

By the way xtians only have 2 holidays in a year which are xmas and easther while we've had some islamic holidays too this year.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Really? So you mean equal right equate to murder right?

Lol, well that's your own point of few.
I don't even know how u reason. simply bcz a husband check a wife phone and she tink she also have the right to check her husband without even any permission is totally wrong. am a married woman and I respect my husband privacy. he's a MAN
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by mgbadike81: 10:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Kingbusssy:

Iffa hear
it no pass wetin we don't hear before.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by BetaThings: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, i just did so in my previous comment, which show clearly that you people are just looking for a reason for your competition with Christianity, even atheist can testify to your competitive behaviour.
I cannot find the argument
Christians want to wear robe (that they don't wear in their private schools) because of Muslim Hijab
http://www.newsweek.com/nigeria-christian-students-don-church-robes-protest-hijab-ruling-4

Olabenjamen22:
The same reason why Muslim are using federal allocation to go to mecca.
So stop be hypocrite
You are wrong, I don't intend to go to Mecca with government money
Look at the statistics - majority of Muslim pilgrims are privately funded
And my point is this - forget funding.
You are going to Jerusalem now out of competition - Hajj gas always been a pillar of Islam
Over 200 years ago, before amalgamation people went to Hajj in Nigeria without government allocation
No christian went to Jerusalem then

Olabenjamen22:
Did you have any evidence that justify your claim of "not in Nigeria"
When did home vigil/fellowship start in Nigeria?
Less than 20 - 30 years ago. Ask other Christians

Olabenjamen22:
because vigil and house fellowship is not everyday.
Does not matter, is there a day I don't need to sleep that people should disturb me
Nobody can forbid vigil, but do it quietly. God can hear silent prayer

Olabenjamen22:

And you hardly see churches with horn speakers like mosque, so you Muslim are agent of disturbance every day.
So how come Lagos state government shut down some churches for Noise pollution?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/lagos-shuts-down-70-churches-20-mosques-over-noise-pollution/
https://www.nairaland.com/4207951/police-disrupt-vigil-service-ghana

Olabenjamen22:

So why are you people having issue with Christian doing there vigil and house fellowship?
Because house fellowship disturb neighbours.
Look neighbours have the right to study pray, watch movies, do whatever at night without being disturbed

Olabenjamen22:

Fact is midnight is a free night and anybody can spend it the way they like. You people have not problem with clubs operating in night but have problem with Christian doing vigil even though it is only Friday. So hypocrite.
Are you saying night clubs are allowed to open in residential neighbourhoods and keep people awake
Is the lagos state part of the hypocrisy in banning noise from religious places
I always shake my head when Christians say Nigeria is a secular society
Religious bodies don't challenge laws, dare government or put religious issues above common good in secular societies

Olabenjamen22:

And why are they now expanding the road now?
That has been planned for a long time
Inner city roads are being expanded within Lagos
But there is a limit to what is possible in terms of expansion

Olabenjamen22:

Fact is the traffic conjunction in that high way is not because of Christianity but because of bad planning, how can a truck A highway be as narrow as that?
Could anybody have foreseen building so many large worhsip centres along the expressway
No church pastor even foresaw such
Sadly as a Christian you rationalise issues when you know the church is wrong

Olabenjamen22:
And that never Justify you people action of blocking highway in Friday.
Have I justified it? you have tried to justify your night vigil and compared it to night clubs
BTW - In the evenings of Wednesdays and Thursdays, MFM cause traffic problem around Unilag 2nd gate
What do you have to say to that?

Olabenjamen22:

So you mean those camp are not suppose to be where they are? Maybe they should have build it inside lagos, ikeja or Iyana ipaja i guess.
Nigeria puts religion above everything else. Why should I not care about the inconvenience caused to others?
A sick person, pregnant woman can be in that traffic
And people delayed in traffic can get caught in armed attack later on the journey in the night

Olabenjamen22:
and where in Nigeria is Friday a workfree day?
Did I say Nigeria - look at Dubai or Qatar

Olabenjamen22:

Even in some part in north where Muslim are majority, you people still block highway, so it not because Friday isn't workfree day but because you people think you can do anything and anyhow. Shame

You are the one that this refers to
On Sundays in some places, traffic become chaotic
I experience same sometimes on SATURDAYS now
Only a pastor has decreed death on a governor in Nigeria because he does not like a law- He did not go to the court or the house of assembly
he just threatened the Governor with death
https://www.thetrentonline.com/apostle-suleiman-issues-prophetic-warning-el-rufai-threat-christianity-tweets-3/

look at your religion
You are lying, denying etc
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Anasko(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2017
sameni123:
Even me as a Muslim don't know what the holiday for maulud is about....thought I was the only one ....
then you are pagan
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by BetaThings: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2017
mabea:
Look my sentiment is not about religion but the too many holidays we've had this year.

By the way xtians only have 2 holidays in a year which are xmas and easther while we've had some islamic holidays too this year.

Christian
Easter (2 days), Christmas (2 days); New Year Day (1)
Muslim
Eid el Fitri (2 days). Eid el Kabir (2 days), Mawlid (1 day)

We don't care about gregorian new year day

I want Aisha to make the same statement on Christmas day and for you to applaud
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by mabea: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2017
[quote authtor=BetaThings post=62878776]

Christian
Easter (2 days), Christmas (2 days); New Year Day (1)
Muslim
Eid el Fitri (2 days). Eid el Kabir (2 days), Mawlid (1 day)

We don't care about gregorian new year day

I want Aisha to make the same statement on Christmas day and for you to applaud[/quote] Stop this now, did she make the statement on religious ground afterall herself is a muslim. Meanwhile newyear is not a christian holiday.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2017
BetaThings:

It is really sad that people get education but let emotions override their debate
Why should I be afraid of anyone living the country
I am tired of these silly arrogance by some people
I want my state, not region, to become a country and be rid of these annoying baseless accusations
Islam allows divorce and Sudan allowed South Sudan to leave

I am not keen about this hate-filled Nigeria, it is a nuisance
If they declare a referendum, I will vote for 36 countries
Allah created me and will feed me, I don't need any human being to do that
We know some Yorubas/Igbos/Hausas living/doing business in other parts want it

U might have a better view but educate ur brodas to have the same view especially the illiterate with nepa bill certificate late president Buhari una imposed on Nigeria.....

Educate ur blood thirsty brothers that division will solve our brother.......

Just recently.......read....

"Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring" -
Governor Shettima
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2017
rafatoyiza:
I don't even know how u reason. simply bcz a husband check a wife phone and she tink she also have the right to check her husband without even any permission is totally wrong. am a married woman and I respect my husband privacy. he's a MAN

So your husband right is for him to cheat on you even till the extent that the lady is sending message to his phone?

Lol, i don't know how you are thinking, but i found nothing bad in woman checking there husband phone, unless the husband is keeping secret.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by BetaThings: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Gush, i never Chat with an educated illiterate like you before.

You don't know was bring about the discussion but just jump and display your illiteracy.
SMH

Olabenjamen22:
Is like it your own version of Christianity that doesn't allow divorce, or is that what your imam told you? Learn about Christianity.
The first person to translate the Bible into English was executed
This was to ensure Christians are ignorant. We have the Bible everywhere, although Nigerian christians listen only to their pastors

My Imam is an authority in Islam, not on Christanity

Matthew 5:32
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery. (NIV)

Matthew 19:9
I tell you that a[b]nyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery[/b]. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. (NIV)

Olabenjamen22:

Lol. You said your Islam permit divorce but fail to mention the condition attach. What a shame.
You appear incapable of holding a debate in a polite manner
What is "your Islam"? do you have yours?
Tell me the conditions - I have put up biblical verses
Marriage has conditions and divorce does. eg who will have custody, payment of upkeep etc
are there no conditions to divorce under court marriage?

Olabenjamen22:
Well i will Advice you to go back and read the lady first comment, maybe you will have know of what we are discussing instead of showing your illiteracy. Shame
I read it
You said people kill because they cannot speak up in marriage
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2017
I stil can't get over the fact that Muhammad's birthday is celebrated on the same day as World AIDS Day. It is an unbeatable combo.

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by enemyofprogress: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2017
No mind those Muslim fanatics wey wan rub shoulders with Christians to celebrate the bite of Mohammed in the month of December which is strictly meant for Christmas and Christians tongue
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by enemyofprogress: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
I stil can't get over the fact that Muhammad's birthday is celebrated on the same day as World AIDS Day. It is an unbeatable combo.
grin grin kai chop knuckle

1 Like

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Olabenjamen22(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2017
BetaThings:
The first person to translate the Bible into English was executed
This was to ensure Christians are ignorant. That era is past
My Imam is an authority in Islam, not on Christanity

Smh, and how did the first person that translate the Holy Bible relate to the discussion now?

Is like you are high on something today lol. And thanks for your story, i hope your still remember those people that write your quran and there name too. Smh

BetaThings:
Matthew 5:32

And after all those verse you quote, did they said that you cannot divorce or they give condition for divorce?

Sometime i use to think weather you people are braindead or something because the way you people reason is embarrassing,

i saw your previous comment that you said Christian start vigil and house fellowship 20 years ago. What a shame, maybe you should ask your parent before continue showing your illiteracy online. Shame

BetaThings:
You appear incapable of holding a debate in a polite manner
What is "your Islam"? do you have yours?
Tell me the conditions - I have put up biblical verses
Marriage has conditions and divorce does. eg who will have custody, payment of upkeep etc
are there no conditions to divorce under court marriage?

Lol, so why are you masturbating on unrealistic issue when you know you are out of point.
"Ibn Maajah (2055) from Thawbaan who said: The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Any woman who asks her husband for a divorce when it is not absolutely necessary, the fragrance of Paradise will be forbidden to her."

Am kind of wondering the word absolutely necessary, so if i may ask when is it necessary.

BetaThings:
I read it
You said people kill because they cannot speak up in marriage

So how did i now relate to your unrealistic previous comment? Shame
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
enemyofprogress:
grin grin kai chop knuckle

grin

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by seguntijan(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
This so called Eid-el-Maulud holiday is a product of religious competition in Nigeria. As much as we love the Prophet ﷺ, the holiday is not necessary. I understand it's about equalling the number of religious holidays between Christians and Muslims(Abdsalaam Amoo).
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Smh, and how did the first person that translate the Holy Bible relate to the discussion now?

Is like you are high on something today lol. And thanks for your story, i hope your still remember those people that write your quran and there name too. Smh

And after all those verse you quote, did they said that you cannot divorce or they give condition for divorce?

Sometime i use to think weather you people are braindead or something because the way you people reason is embarrassing,

i saw your previous comment that you said Christian start vigil and house fellowship 20 years ago. What a shame, maybe you should ask your parent before continue showing your illiteracy online. Shame

Lol, so why are you masturbating on unrealistic issue when you know you are out of point.
"Ibn Maajah (2055) from Thawbaan who said: The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Any woman who asks her husband for a divorce when it is not absolutely necessary, the fragrance of Paradise will be forbidden to her."

Am kind of wondering the word absolutely necessary, so if i may ask when is it necessary.

So how did i now relate to your unrealistic previous comment? Shame

Where does islam get its moral authority? Is it from this man?

3 Likes

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by hmabdool(m): 11:53am On Dec 01, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Stop getting it twisted, Igbos are the miscreants polluting the cyberspace with their potopoto-filled brain empty propaganda, so mine is just a response.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin...ur comments always make me laugh so hard grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by bugidon(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
I'm sure you can't differentiate frustration and freedom of speech
Jesusloveyou:
her frustration has led to madness,
And you want all Muslim women to be mad like her?
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by bugidon(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
The earlier you free yourself from mental slavery the better for you
rafatoyiza:
right! right! right! don't u tink that is y women of today kill their husband? bcz they feel what man can do a woman can do better and is totally out of our teaching. anyway if u don't know anything about Hadith I cant argue wit u bcz is pointless.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Jesusloveyou: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
bugidon:
I'm sure you can't differentiate frustration and freedom of speech
freedom of speech against freedom of religion.
If buhari did not grant them holiday,
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will still accused buhari of loving Christians more than Muslims because of 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Igbo And I Support Operation Python Dance 100% / SARS Operatives Leave Man, Who Refuses To Be Cowed By Shots They Fired / Pictures Of The Released Niger State Passengers Abducted By Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.