Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday (41268 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Slams Goodluck Jonathan / Aisha Yesufu Slams Buhari Over Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate / Biafra: Abaribe Slams FG For Declaring IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by bugidon(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
I'm not talking about biafra or nigeria I'm telling you about fundamental human rights and how your religion is denying women there right
Jesusloveyou:
freedom of speech against freedom of religion.
If buhari did not grant them holiday,
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will still accused buhari of loving Christians more than Muslims because of 2019
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by bigtt76(f): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
What is wrong with this woman naaaaa? Has Eid-El-Maulud never been a holiday in this country before? Why has it just struck her head to complain against it? angry I jess can't understand these people any more. angry

BafanaBafana:
The Convener of Bring Back Our Girls Group, Aisha Yesufu, has criticized the federal government of Nigeria for announcing public holiday to celebrate this year’s Eid-El-Maulud.

The BBOG convener described the holiday as wasteful and an act of competitive religiousity

Aisha urged the Buhari administration to focus on helping Nigerians than otherwise.

In her tweets, she wrote “Nigeria and our need for wasteful holidays. Which one is public holiday for Maulud? When did we start celebrating Maulud?

“When do we stop all this “competitive religiosity” and focus on doing good for humanity?

“The first Maulud to be a public holiday in Nigeria was declared for Monday, 9 March 2009 by Godwin Abbe, then minister of interior under Yar’Adua’s administration.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/30/eid-el-maulud-aisha-attacks-nigerian-government-declaring-public-holiday/
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by ohunologbon: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
Why are some Nigerians so monumentally stupid...their stupidity is so great, they make the dictionary definition of stupidity obsolete!

Holidays are based on oral traditions, religions and customs so an agreement can be reached among the adherents of respective religions on which days to observe as holidays. So the muslims can decide to make the whole year a holiday and that is okay but if you choose to work for a christian who sets the rules of engagement and you accept these rules then you must be ready to overrule you oral, religion and cultural norms at your own discretion - the same applies to christians.

Tolerance and unity of purpose despite stark differences and ideals are the hallmarks of civilized societies... Nigerians should stop making Nnamdi Kanu sound right because daily it appears some Nigerians are exhibiting traits that are baser than those of animals in a zoo!
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

So your husband right is for him to cheat on you even till the extent that the lady is sending message to his phone?

Lol, i don't know how you are thinking, but i found nothing bad in woman checking there husband phone, unless the husband is keeping secret.
I really don't care! he never restrict me from checking his phone I chose not to. it is call GIVEN YOURSELF A REST OF MIND. am a Muslim and my husband is entitle to marry 4 wifes so?
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
bugidon:
The earlier you free yourself from mental slavery the better for you
I just checked ya pic and I must say I regret exchanging words wit u. u know y? I never knew u ar KUFAR
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Psoul(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
BafanaBafana:
In her tweets, she wrote “Nigeria and our need for wasteful holidays. Which one is public holiday for Maulud? When did we start celebrating Maulud?

“When do we stop all this “competitive religiosity” and focus on doing good for humanity?

She is totally right. That is purely competitive religiosity as she said. Soon they will try to be fixing more public holidays during Easter and Christmas days just to see if they can drown Christian events. I have said dis severally but ppl will not see it coming.

If not controlled, in few years to come you will see Moslem fixing one event during Christmas period.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by sameni123(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
profmiganigal:

And u will die a terrorist
My mom is a deaconess and my dad a Muslim so there's religion tolerance in my family
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
sameni123:

My mom is a deaconess and my dad a Muslim so there's religion tolerance in my family

God bless your mum for choosing the light....

Follow her part........and live to serve to God...

But if u choose to remain in a terrorist group, my condolences are with ur mum......

I can only pray for her to bear the pain of her son wallowing in dark......and God will see her through......to make u change from dark to light.......
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by preetyb(f): 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
Madam please don't spoil show for us o....as I rest today belle sweet me.
Let there be more public holiday self...smiles...e bi like say na only me waka come for this one.
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by Bobnotrouble: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
Busybody notice-me!
Re: Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday by bugidon(m): 2:58am On Dec 04, 2017
I pity you #brainwashed
I just checked ya pic and I must say I regret exchanging words wit u. u know y? I never knew u ar KUFAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Handsome African Presidents / Buhari Scraps Nigerian Film Village Plan After Muslim Clerics Complained / Judge To Lawyer: You’re Not On Channels TV Don’t Stand Before Me & Talk Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.