Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor (35352 Views)

Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo) / Keke Napep Driver Returns N582,400 Forgotten By Female Trader (Photo) / Lagos Airport Guard Discovers, Returns N1.2m Belonging To The Owner (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by jamace(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2017
Great! Well done. cool
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by femi4: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
AK6464:
Some of this guys are very sincere, One of them dropped me off at Area 1 some years back, I forgot my BB torch 2 which had run down in his car, I kept trying the line with a friends line, surprisingly the number went through by 10pm and malam picked that he had gone to Kaduna. The next day he traced my friend to Gwarimpa and delivered the phone without a demand.

How I wish we had same testimonies for our leaders

mtheww palasa phone
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by femi4: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
concupiscent:
"not taking anything away from him but what most people don't realize is that, it is difficult to steal nowadays if you aren't technological savvy.

-concupiscent
Human beings dey disappear everyday, go use technology find them now

1 Like

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Bonapart(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
policy12:

Na Aboki na, if na west or East im come from na hmmm make I know talk o.

If na Honesty or Integrity give it to Hausa man, they are far ahead their counter part from Afonja and Potopoto town.
killing in the name of Mohammed nko

Heediot
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by joinnow: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Prof. Margaret Olabisi Araoye
Provost, College of Medicine,
Kogi State University

Despite the rot, decadence and economic hardship in our land, there still exist millions of people like Abubakar Hassan with good morals. Please tell Buhari that not all of Nigerian are corrupt as he said in UK.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by muller101(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Theyveedo:
See? Not all Nigerians r bad
many are bad.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Sirme411(m): 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
The provost, College of Medicine at the Kogi State University, Prof. Margaret Olabisi Araoye, has narrated how a cab driver, Abubakar Hassan returned her lost bag which contained her laptop, bundle of N50,000, ATM cards, pair of golden earrings among other items - after she misplaced it in his cab...

Read the full details below;

"'On my way from Anyigba to Abuja by commercial transport, I had to alight at Giri junction, to pick a cab that was to link me with another cab to my destination. I had a heavy suitcase and a bag. When we got to Lugbe, the cab driver hurriedly dropped me off when he saw a cab going to my final destination. In the process of dragging the heavy suitcase, and in the usually chaotic motor park, I forgot to pick my bag.

As I approached the hotel in Jabi, now feeling relaxed, I remembered my bag which contained the following items:

1. Laptop
2. A bundle of N50,000, and a cheque
3. A pair of golden earrings
4. My International Passport
5. Power bank, ATM cards, Driver's license, etc.

I went back to Giri junction to report to the NURTW officials. That was when I discovered that many drivers operated as freelancers and might not be traceable. I became desperate. I exchanged contact numbers with the NURTW official and went back to the hotel. I couldn't really concentrate on the assignment I came to Abuja for.

I'd not informed my husband. The cab driver searched my bag, extracted my husband's mobile number from my driver's license and called him.

My husband mistook him for a fraudster and told him off. I later informed my husband and he gave me the driver's number. I called him. Alas! He had my bag. He had even attempted to reach me on Facebook.

I got my colleagues Clara and Moses to speak Hausa with him and we arranged to meet at the hotel two days later, when he returned from a trip. He emerged at the hotel with the bag and the contents intact!

Despite the rot, decadence and economic hardship in our land, there still exist millions of people like Abubakar Hassan with good morals. Please appreciate him with me"'.

Prof. Margaret Olabisi Araoye
Provost, College of Medicine,
Kogi State University

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/cab-driver-returns-lost-laptop-n50k-atm-cards-items-professor-kogi-photos.html

wah was she expecting....When it's nt our Brother's frm d Yeast....

#AssociationOfNairalandNameCheckers
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Nostradamus: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
now that's an honest nigerian there.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by pawesome(m): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
To a certain xtent.....i feel xtra confident when i leave my properties in d hands f Hausas....trust worthy to d bone
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Laralag: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
policy12:

If na Honesty or Integrity give it to Hausa man, they are far ahead their counter part from Afonja and Potopoto town.
"[color=#000099][/color]
I dont think its by tribe. They are good people every where. An Igbo guy returned my smart phone after I dropped it coming out of the car. Infact I didnt know I had lots it while at work. I thought I had left it in the car, but after checking the car I thought I left it at home. Twas when I got home I realized I had lost it. This igbo man charged the phone becos of the password he couldnt get numbers out. But when I called the phone he was already waiting for my call.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by poseidon12: 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
Great. Keep it up Abubakar Hassan. God will reward your honesty.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Orkumarob(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
He is indeed a good man, I wish half of Nigerians could behave like this. God will bless him for that.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by bobokunlexzy: 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
The real test of INTEGRITY is to be absolutely honest even when no one is looking.

1 Like

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by danyroyal: 5:13am On Dec 02, 2017
I am familiar with this driver. He navigates between airport road and jabi. Wow, that was really kind of him. There is still honest people like me.

1 Like

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by SenorFax(m): 6:04am On Dec 02, 2017
policy12:

I'll never dispute that bro, and this is coming from a Yoruba guy himself
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Gegz(m): 6:09am On Dec 02, 2017
concupiscent:
"not taking anything away from him but what most people don't realize is that, it is difficult to steal nowadays if you aren't technological savvy.

-concupiscent

Gbenu soun

1 Like

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by old2boy(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2017
He did well.

But why is a whole PROVOST responsible for our future doctors jumping from one cab to another?

No official vehicle? Kogi govt no do well at all.
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Mryacks: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2017
slimfairboy:
shocked The guy just be like me, character wise! cheesy

They are still good people out there...GOD will reward him.

Yeah... still some good remnants out there in this terrible generation.

1 Like

Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by Fargo69(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2017
So whAt did you give him as a reward

She get luck say Na Hausa man
Re: Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor by richardsole: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2017
OMG! I had a similar experience at Abuja airport. Forgot my carry on at the terminal because I thought the orderly dispatched to pick me up from the airport had it.
With alarm, I soon realized my situation but I'm now at my hotel. My laptop for a presentation tomorrow, valuables etc, etc were in it and it's 9pm. OMG! How could this happen?

Long story, short. There was a line that stretched for a mile at gas stations. So the orderly couldn't get back to the hotel to get me to the airport.

Much later in the night, we arrived at the airport... and to my disbelief, my travel case was sitting by the screening gate being looked over by a transportation safety officer. I was in shock but elated. I was thanking my stars. There was no way in the world, would this have happened I thought. But there it was. I was filled with relief and joy. So to show my thankfulness, I produced and offered the TSA officer $20 for his dedication to duty.

And here it comes! He turned it down. What! He said he was doing his job. I was speechless and flustered. I didn't know how to thank him. So, here again. I say thank you. I do not remember your name at the moment but may good karma follow you...always

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between 200k Bank Job And 90k State Ministry Of Health Job / 4 Big Career Lessons Managers Can Learn From Mourinho And Chelsea Slump / Radiography Vs Nursing Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.