Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

The Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church (502 Views)

Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Church by snipesdam(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
*THE CATHOLIC CHURCH*

Before 1517, every Christian was Catholic.

As such, today we know that:

If you are Lutheran then your Church was founded by Fr Martin Luther in Germany in 1517.

If you are Menonite, your Church was founded by Grebel, Mantz and Blaurock, in 1525.

If you are Anglican, then your Church was founded by King Henry XIII in 1534.

If you are a Presbyterian, then your Church was founded by John Knox in 1560.

If you are a Congregationalist, then your Church was founded by Robert Brown, in Holland in 1583.

If you are Baptist, then your Church was founded by John Smith in Amsterdam, in 1606.

If you are a Methodist, then your Church was founded by John Murray in New Jersey, in 1770.

If you are a Mormon or Latter Day Saint, then your church was founded by Joseph Smith in New York, in 1829.

If you are a Seven Day Adventist, your Church was founded by William Miller in 1831.

If you are Salvation Army, then know that your Church was founded by William Booth in 1865.

If you are Jehovah Witness, then know that your Church was founded by Charles Russell in 1872.

Here at home:

If you are Redeemed Christian Church of God, then you know that you were founded in 1952 by Josiah Akindayomi.

If you are a member of Deeper Life Bible Church, then you were founded by Pastor William Kumuyi in Lagos in 1973.

If you are Mountain of Fire, then you were founded by Dr. Daniel Olukoya in 1989.

We can go on and on...

APART FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, EVERY OTHER ECCLESIA ASSEMBLY (CHURCH) WAS FOUNDED BY A HUMAN BEING. WE WERE FOUNDED BY JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF (Matthew 16:18), BEGINNING WITH THAT OFFICIAL GATHERING AT PENTECOST (Acts 2:1) AND LED BY 266 SUCCESSORS OF SAINT PETER.

I have listed these not to denigrate anyone but just to set the records straight.
The Catholic Church has remained where it has been since Christ instituted the Eucharist, called the Last Supper.
We continue to do over and over what He commanded when He uttered those holy words over the bread and cup, take and eat, take and drink and ordered them to do this in His Memory
until He comes again (Mt. 26:26).

The word CATHOLIC means UNIVERSALITY.

THIS IS WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE REPRESENT. Spread the Good News

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Church by emmie14: 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
Truth
Re: The Catholic Church by feelgoodInc: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
the Catholic Church is not mentioned in the Bible, when Paul was writing letters to churches, secondly Peter wasn't sent to the gentiles so there's nowhere he created the Catholic Church like you people claim. thirdly you guys worship idols something that God detested. that you should not bow Down to any graven image other than him whether in heaven or on Earth.

tomorrow is Sunday when you go to church your preacher or father will not quote the Bible quote me anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Church by snipesdam(m): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:
the Catholic Church is not mentioned in the Bible, when Paul was writing letters to churches, secondly Peter wasn't sent to the gentiles so there's nowhere he created the Catholic Church like you people claim. thirdly you guys worship idols something that God detested. that you should not bow Down to any graven image other than him whether in heaven or on Earth.

tomorrow is Sunday when you go to church your preacher or father will not quote the Bible quote me anywhere.

So short sighted. You're looking for where catholic church is written. SMH

When we bow whom do we bow down to? Since we worship idol what's the name of our God. Metchew

Am not here to debate with you anyway. I just dropped a fact tho. The catholic church is an institution of the Holy Eucharistic.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church by ClitoPen: 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
Proudly a catholic....who are with me?....

Antagonists should not even dare to mention me
Re: The Catholic Church by feelgoodInc: 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
snipesdam:

So short sighted. You're looking for where catholic church is written. SMH

When we bow whom do we bow down to? Since we worship idol what's the name of our God. Metchew

Am not here to debate with you anyway. I just dropped a fact tho. The catholic church is an institution of the Holy Eucharistic.

guy as per the bolded hahahaha now let me explain, if you use was or wood to build an image and call that image Jesus or Mary and you bow to it what does that mean?

if you have an alter with a picture that you name as Mary and pray to that picture what does it mean?

what do they call that action, is it idolatry or not
Re: The Catholic Church by Xsem(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

guy as per the bolded hahahaha now let me explain, if you use was or wood to build an image and call that image Jesus or Mary and you bow to it what does that mean?

if you have an alter with a picture that you name as Mary and pray to that picture what does it mean?

what do they call that action, is it idolatry or not
You are truly myopic. They don't worship it rather it's just a symbol not necessarily that the absence of those statues will put to hold any intentions to pray or worship. Catholic Church as exposed by the Op is the mother of the other Christian religions. #kiss the truth #
Re: The Catholic Church by snipesdam(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
Xsem:

You are truly myopic. They don't worship it rather it's just a symbol not necessarily that the absence of those statues will put to hold any intentions to pray or worship. Catholic Church as exposed by the Op is the mother of the other Christian religions. #kiss the truth #

Xsem free the mofo... Am Catholic and Proud!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church by Andy2274: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2017
I am a staunch Catholic but I don't like people condemning other people's Church or mode of worship. Jesus Christ did not teach us which church is the best or came first but He thought us to love and be our brothers keeper. So bro don't bring up unnecessary argument here. Church will not make you to go to heaven neither do tithe nor preaching but Holiness, Love, worshipping God in truth and spirit.

Re: The Catholic Church by Andy2274: 9:09am On Dec 03, 2017
feelgoodInc:

. Bro you wrong. Say what you know. If you are a true Christian you know that bearing false witness against your neighbour is a sin and also saying what you did not know or see is a sin. In as much as I don't support the above topic because it is not necessary arguing about which church is the best or came first, the Catholic Church does not worship idol and for your last paragraph, you are totally wrong. Today the Catholic Church started the preparation towards Christ's coming. It is called first Sunday of ADVENT. It mark the beginning of another year in Catholic Church. Contrary to your claim that our Rev. Fr will not quote bible, Today Just like every other Sundays, our reading was taken from Is. 63:16-17, 19, ; 64:2-7. Ps 80:2-3, 15-16&18-19. 1Cor 1:3-9 and Mk 13:33-37. The homily / sermon by the priest was based on preparing ourselves always for the coming of Christ so that we will not be found wanting when Christ comes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Darwin’s Real Message: Have You Missed It? / The Status Of Women In The Quran & Islam / FANO’s Prophet Akinbodunse’s Prophecy On Zimbabwean Economy Fulfilled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.