Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil (899 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / Pastor Chris Was Right About Forced Vaccination And Build Up To One World Order / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 03, 2017
Good Morning Everyone, yesterday evening I met my little brother reading the bible chapter genesis so I was about to pull him off his feet by hitting him with so heavy questions.
So I asked him "Why is the Devil Evil" and he gave me the most unusual answer ever which has made me wonder and start to believe he might be right, below is what he said;

"Everyone knows the devil is evil because he gave us the WRONG FRUIT because in the bible the most important tree and the one which made God rethink our stay in the garden wasn't knowledge but the tree that would have granted us immortality, infact the Devil wanted us dead ( I read his point up at GEN 2:17) truly The devil knew it would give us more harm than Good.

This was is answer.

And I took my bible to disprove his point only to find proof

Think. About this:

If we had eaten the fruit of Eternal life then we would neither worry for money, food, shelter anything

We would not commit any sin because we know none of this concerns us or will affect us in anyway.

Is it not knowledge that binds us to sin because we know and we do , its through knowledge that Satan enslaves us looking at it... Satan wanted us under his command that's why he gave eve the fruit of knowledge

Is it not. immortality (Eternal life) that's the biggest concern for all Christians?

If you won't die you get sick if you won't die you won't get hungry if you won't die you can't conform to any temptations the devil will bring
If we are immortal we won't need the devil and unfortunately we might not need God cause we are now beings who nature, fate can't affect

There are so many things I thought about and I think my brother is right.. The devil didn't just want to deceive us he wanted to destroy us

What do you think
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by greatnaija01: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2017
LET ME SHOCK YOU WITH THE SAME SCRIPTURES YOU DISCUSSED WITH YOUR WONDERFUL BROTHER

Consider this- IN THE BIBLE....... when a MAN sleeps with his wife... it is usually said that the man "KNEW" his wife.

also in the NEW testament... the bible says CAIN originated from the DEVIL

NOW this suggests that the SERPENT HAD SEX WITH EVE....... even in today's day and time when a person has sex with another who is not the spouse we call it THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT.

That's a deep revelation.... kindly study before arguing and if you must reply pls use SCRIPTURES WISELY.

1 Like

Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by boman2014: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2017
Devil don suffer...
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by victorioushands: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2017
Eve ate it and gave her husband, Adam, and he ate too. If it were immortality, why did they not live forever instead of having sudden knowledge that they were naked? They died, man dies.
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by Atimeset: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2017
greatnaija01:
LET ME SHOCK YOU WITH THE SAME SCRIPTURES YOU DISCUSSED WITH YOUR WONDERFUL BROTHER

Consider this- IN THE BIBLE....... when a MAN sleeps with his wife... it is usually said that the man "KNEW" his wife.

NOW this suggests that the SERPENT HAD SEX WITH EVE....... even in today's day and time when a person has sex with another who is not the spouse we call it THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT.

That's a deep revelation.... kindly study before arguing and if you must reply pls use SCRIPTURES WISELY.
Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife and conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from God. So are u saying this scripture is a lie? The bible cannot contradict itself. Cain originating from the devil as written in the new testament is same as "The father of all Liars is the Devil" as written in the bible too. The true offspring of the Devil is SIN!

3 Likes

Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by Atimeset: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2017
Piercy:
Good Morning Everyone, yesterday evening I met my little brother reading the bible chapter genesis so I was about to pull him off his feet by hitting him with so heavy questions.
So I asked him "Why is the Devil Evil" and he gave me the most unusual answer ever which has made me wonder and start to believe he might be right, below is what he said;

"Everyone knows the devil is evil because he gave us the WRONG FRUIT because in the bible the most important tree and the one which made God rethink our stay in the garden wasn't knowledge but the tree that would have granted us immortality, infact the Devil wanted us dead ( I read his point up at GEN 2:17) truly The devil knew it would give us more harm than Good.

This was is answer.

And I took my bible to disprove his point only to find proof

Think. About this:

If we had eaten the fruit of Eternal life then we would neither worry for money, food, shelter anything

We would not commit any sin because we know none of this concerns us or will affect us in anyway.

Is it not knowledge that binds us to sin because we know and we do , its through knowledge that Satan enslaves us looking at it... Satan wanted us under his command that's why he gave eve the fruit of knowledge

Is it not. immortality (Eternal life) that's the biggest concern for all Christians?

If you won't die you get sick if you won't die you won't get hungry if you won't die you can't conform to any temptations the devil will bring
If we are immortal we won't need the devil and unfortunately we might not need God cause we are now beings who nature, fate can't affect

There are so many things I thought about and I think my brother is right.. The devil didn't just want to deceive us he wanted to destroy us

What do you think

Very true. The devil is very wise and crafty, little wonder he is usually depicted with a serpent. He knew the tree that would utterly destroy man. I pity people that feel they have the strength to destroy the devil who was an archangel, who even has meetings with God (afterall, in Job, God asked the devil where he has been and he answered "moving to and fro looking for who to devour", and God was the one who boasted about job his servant to the devil), who was in existence before the world was formed and even possibly assisted in creation ( After all it was "Let US make man in OUR own image" ) . We (man) view things from our mortal stand point and the devil is not mortal. There are so so many mysteries. The only thing that will save man from the devil is for man to seek God with a sincere heart.
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2017
greatnaija01:

Remember that they ate the fruit and later saw they were naked. In your claim,you equated eating the fruit to having sex. This means,according to you,that they had sex before they realised they were naked. You yourself know that it is unclothedness first before sex. Pray to God for the spirit of revelation and understanding .
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by greatnaija01: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
who told you there was CLOTHE in the first place. THEY WERE NAKED but didnt know it...... THEY REALIZED..... meaning they became aware.... pls use English language dictionary next time
muyoge:

Remember that they ate the fruit and later saw they were naked. In your claim,you equated eating the fruit to having sex. This means,according to you,that they had sex before they realised they were naked. You yourself know that it is unclothedness first before sex. Pray to God for the spirit of revelation and understanding .
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by akeensbussy(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. ... God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 2 Kings 19:25
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by GodsMopol: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
victorioushands:
Eve ate it and gave her husband, Adam, and he ate too. If it were immortality, why did they not live forever instead of having sudden knowledge that they were naked? They died, man dies.

They were immortal, but when death came through the knowledge of evil, evil has to stop, so immortality have to stop, so evil can stop

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by GodsMopol: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
akeensbussy:
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. ... God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 2 Kings 19:25

God might have the ability to inflict evil as judgement on men, as a corrective measure a Father uses for his children

The fact the nurse inserts a syringe into your arm or buttocks, doesn't mean they want to do you arm, its cause, they want to bring out the best in us.

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Re: Could My Little Brother Be Right About The Devil by Rogersmith(m): 6:52am On Dec 04, 2017
Atimeset:

Very true. The devil is very wise and crafty, little wonder he is usually depicted with a serpent. He knew the tree that would utterly destroy man. I pity people that feel they have the strength to destroy the devil who was an archangel, who even has meetings with God (afterall, in Job, God asked the devil where he has been and he answered "moving to and fro looking for who to devour", and God was the one who boasted about job his servant to the devil), who was in existence before the world was formed and even possibly assisted in creation ( After all it was "Let US make man in OUR own image" ) . We (man) view things from our mortal stand point and the devil is not mortal. There are so so many mysteries. The only thing that will save man from the devil is for man to seek God with a sincere heart.
When I saw that verse in job 1, I had a revelation that one could only be safe by the Grace of God. Imagine satan standing in the presence of God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does The Bible Condemn Alcohol? / A Challenge To All The Atheists And Doubters Of Power Of God - Pics / Jesus Forgets The Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.