Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295300 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mummyfe: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2017
THank you BsBabe, God bless and congrats on your ppr.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2017
Amen o. I have paid my last house rent in Nigeria this December. Canny loading next year.
Bsbabe:

My dear, I can’t shout grin thanks a bunch

May He crown our year with goodness!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2017
I think you can get it at the office of Nigeria Population Commission that is close to you.

Julie2018:
Hello all

Good morning,

Please I need to get an updated birth certificate as I just noticed the one i was issues years ago has some slight errors.

Kindly give info if you have any.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Post your JD, let's see.
Loffloff:
Good morning all.... Please can any senior kindly help me vet my job duties to see if it will not raise red flags wit the V. O Please Biko save a soul!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2017
@Casey....

You need to be careful here, your roles need to match the lead statement for the NOC which I copied and pasted below. Do you 'supervise'?

Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431), Payroll Clerks (1432), Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors

elfmann:

We have been saying all that matters is d job duties and not title. If ur workplace can endorse those duties, u are good to go. Whether d job title is supervisor or cleaner. Page 0 knocking...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mummytutu: 9:05am On Dec 29, 2017
Yes, it is.
stonecoldcafe:
Just wondering, is the CRS score an exact reflection on the score one would get after entering the pool?

Good morning all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mummytutu: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2017
Congrats Babes!
Bsbabe:
Ok, so DHL runs concluded (I can’t afford to wait so I can pay another armed robber salary school fees) grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2017
Congratulations Bsbabe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2017
happytbaby:
@Casey....

You need to be careful here, your roles need to match the lead statement for the NOC which I copied and pasted below. Do you 'supervise'?

Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431), Payroll Clerks (1432), Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors

I do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2017
Kk and tx for d clarification.
Bsbabe:

3 years to get maximum CRS points. The 6 years and above is to get points for eligibility (67/100).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ilekzy(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2017
Soglite:
Hello my people.

I have requested for my transcript in oou for close to two months now and all they keep telling me is that it is not ready after paying 51k. That my school Ehn... I tire...

Please kindly help if you know anyone in the school whom I can contact to fast track the whole thing.

Thanks in anticipation.
Call Mr Aina,0805 656 3877. He is in charge of writing out the transcript. Dedicate one day to visit the school. I got mine in 2016 and he didn't do anything until I visited the school and insisted on him bringing out the file and writing it in my presence. If you have collected a transcript before, I will advice u go with a copy plus be ready to pay for courier service if not it will take forever to send it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sorefunmi(f): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2017
LarryMoss:

Lol. Pm me, might be able to point you to someone. Mine came out in 3days. My friends' about 5days

hello,larrymoses..please am interested in the contact of the person too..waiting for 3months now..ll sincerely appreciate..dnt know how the PM works.pls pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2017
No clue!
caseynewnn:
I do not supervise at least not officially pls has anyone used dis Noc.pls I need suggestions or is there any other fitting NOC like NOC 1228.canadianfly what's your take on it.40manlappy,optionese.elfmann pls wat do u tink abt d lead statement.thanx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2017
I have tried to look for something else you can go for but I have not found it. Maybe others can weigh in. The CIC website says title does not matter but roles must match the NOC roles and the lead statement.

Furthermore, someone posted GCMS notes here and I saw a comment like " lead statement and job roles match"....the implication is that you must be 'co-ordinating the activities of other workers'. Do you have like interns in your office? You may want to include supervision of such people if its applicable . Good luck.

caseynewnn:
I do not supervise at least not officially pls has anyone used dis Noc.pls I need suggestions or is there any other fitting NOC like NOC 1228.canadianfly what's your take on it.40manlappy,optionese.elfmann pls wat do u tink abt d lead statement.thanx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2017
[quote author=happytbaby post=63706809]I have tried to look for something else you can go for but I have not found it. Maybe others can weigh in. The CIC website says title does not matter but roles must match the NOC roles and the lead statement.

Furthermore, someone posted GCMS notes here and I saw a comment like " lead statement and job roles match"....the implication is that you must be 'co-ordinating the activities of other workers'. Do you have like interns in your office? You may want to include supervision of such people if its applicable . Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2017
stonecoldcafe:
Just wondering, is the CRS score an exact reflection on the score one would get after entering the pool?

Good morning all

If you enter the same information, Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 10:23am On Dec 29, 2017
[quote author=happytbaby post=63706809]I have tried to look for something else you can go for but I have not found it. Maybe others can weigh in. The CIC website says title does not matter but roles must match the NOC roles and the lead statement.

Furthermore, someone posted GCMS notes here and I saw a comment like " lead statement and job roles match"....the implication is that you must be 'co-ordinating the activities of other workers'. Do you have like interns in your office? You may want to include supervision of such people if its applicable . Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
NOC 1228 is the way to go. Draft your JD in line with the roles.

[quote author=caseynewnn post=63706962][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hiscules: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
Hello People, can someone please help with a link to the post PPR thread or better still a thread for fresh canadian immigrants

@elfmann how are u doing, it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant

hiscules:
Hello People, can someone please help with a link to the post PPR thread or better still a thread for fresh canadian immigrants

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2017
Opotuniti:
Hello everyone,
I have a complicated case, please help. Got ITA last week.
My concern is my Work experience & proof of funds. My NOC for EE was 1215 - Supervisor Supply Chain, tracking & Scheduling of which I have 5years experience in. but I lost my job January 2017 & became self employed since then, it is my company and it is registered.

My question is this, do I need to submit references for my self employed job? Most of the jobs I did during this self employed period were not documented, (they were german-german) so I may not be able to get bank references, invoices & transaction receipts etc to upload online on my profile. If I leave it out and base my ITA document work references on my NOC selection for ITA alone, is there any implication in doing that? Meanwhile, my EE profile reads my 1year self employed job and the 5years NOC 1215. Since you already have up to 3 years of work experience at your former place of work, use it. Provided you are sure of getting the required reference letter from them. For the self employment part, update that in personal history. There's nothing wrong in doing that.

Furthermore, I just got a new job to resume 1st week in January 2018, do I need to update this new role in my ITA profile before I submit? The issue is that I only have the employment letter and cannot go to ask the HR of this new establishment for additional reference to Canadian immigration, I am just resuming there and do not want to raise any red flag or risk losing this new managerial job. You do not need to tell your new employers anything for now unless you are expressly asked to provide some information that might require you doing so during your application review process. Since you will be submitting your application by January ending, include the new place of work in personal history too just so you don't leave anything that might cause delays subsequently

For Proof of funds, is there any harm in getting 100% gift as proof of funds from my father? I know gifts are allowed by my concern is the 100% of the funds because due to the job loss, my 6months statement can not make sense. There is no harm in your PoF being 100% gift. A number of persons have done this and given explanations in the past. Just get an appropriate gift deed and notarize accordingly. Someone made reference to Yimiton's post, check that and every other search result that "PoF" would give you. It's one of the most repeated topics

Please respond please, please, please. I plan to submit my ITA profile by January ending

My take above

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2017
Bsbabe:
Ok, so DHL runs concluded (I can’t afford to wait so I can pay another armed robber salary school fees) grin grin

Hmm....where do I start from? I will indeed give God the praise because it could only have been Him. My loooong timeline is below:

IELTS - 07 Jan, 2017 (9,8,8.5,7.5)
1st ECA - WES (still uncompleted as I speak as that institution formerly known as Ogun State University refused to send transcript)
2nd ECA - IQAS; received 26 Mar, 2017 (Resorted to IQAS as we were not aware we could request WES to exclude the BSC from OSU so sent UK Master’s only to IQAS)
1st EE Profile - 27 Mar, 2017
2nd EE Profile - 12 Apr, 2017 (recreated to attract Ontario NOIs which were being released that week. Ontario had requested that we should recreate our profiles)
Ontario NOI received - 12 Apr, 2017
Application submitted - 14 Apr, 2017
Nomination - 09 May, 2017
ITA - 17 May, 2017
AOR - 01 Jun, 2017
ADR 1 (travel history) - 09 Aug, 2017
IP1 - 09 Aug, 2017
ADR 2 (spouse UK PCC) - 16 Aug, 2017
Medicals Passed/NA2 - 17 Aug, 2017
No additional docs/FTD (I assume) - 24 Sept, 2017
IP2 - 19 Dec, 2017
PPR - 28 Dec, 2017

Congrats Bsbabe. What a timeline! One full calendar year o. Your own school of patience no be here but thank God it all ended in Joy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2017
hiscules:

I'm okay... waiting for ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beeflakes: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2017
Hello people, please can someone help with the link to the requirements for self employed people? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 11:14am On Dec 29, 2017
ugoiyke79e,pls I sent an email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dannyko: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2017
caseynewnn:
That's my NOC, any issue?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nkigirl: 11:47am On Dec 29, 2017
Abbylee:
Hi guys,

If one needs to ask cic for an update on a really stagnant application, how does one go about it? What’s the number to call or email?

From what I have seen, most people order gmcs notes. That seems to trigger a response from cic to work on the application. Also maybe calling them and try to speak to an agent?
I have no first hand knowledge of this. So if there ard others with a better idea....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
Please edit your post and remove the name and phone number. I am assuming you do not have his permission to post his details here.

ilekzy:

Call Mr........... He is in charge of writing out the transcript. Dedicate one day to visit the school. I got mine in 2016 and he didn't do anything until I visited the school and insisted on him bringing out the file and writing it in my presence. If you have collected a transcript before, I will advice u go with a copy plus be ready to pay for courier service if not it will take forever to send it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
caseynewnn:

Make sure your job description is close to the lead statement of the NOC. I was a supervisor in cash and teller infact my job title then was Acting Cash and Teller services supervisor so I am nominating NOC1212.

If you claim you do not supervise anybody how will anyone know if you supervise any body or not, as long as your job description says you supervise then you are game.

I feel some1 will come for my head saying I asked you to misrepresent bla bla bla....
I repeat nobody here was at your workplace the years you were there and neither was the VO , as long as your genuine reference letter states you supervised you are home and dry.

Wether this is misrepresentation or not I dont know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
His reference is not going to state that he supervised, that is the reason why he needs to look for another NOC and I think NOC 1228 will do.

On the misrepresentation issue, it is, the truth is always easier to back up.

Guitarlife:

Make sure your job description is close to the lead statement of the NOC. I was a supervisor in cash and teller infact my job title then was Acting Cash and Teller services supervisor so I am nominating NOC1212.

If you claim you do not supervise anybody how will anyone know if you supervise any body or not, as long as your job description says you supervise then you are game.

I feel some1 will come for my head saying I asked you to misrepresent bla bla bla....
I repeat nobody here was at your workplace the years you were there and neither was the VO , as long as your genuine reference letter states you supervised you are home and dry.

Wether this is misrepresentation or not I dont know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stellarcanny: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
please house, am an Agric Engineer with a government establishment and am confused with the Noc I should go for? please help me choose.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
What do you do for the government establishment?

stellarcanny:
please house, am an Agric Engineer with a government establishment and am confused with the Noc I should go for? please help me choose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.