Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292578 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mysticgal(f): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
Please guys I need help .
I tried reading from the beginning but I just keep getting confused. I want to join the Fsw and precisely do not have a family, looking forward to certification. How may I go about it. Please embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
mysticgal:
Please guys I need help .
I tried reading from the beginning but I just keep getting confused. I want to join the Fsw and precisely do not have a family, looking forward to certification. How may I go about it. Please embarassed

Click the link on page zero of this thread. You will see all you need to know.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mysticgal(f): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
optionese:

Click the link on page zero of this thread. You will see all you need to know.
I have but I keep getting lost
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
johnson11:
Hi Guys- this is my first post on this thread. I have some few questions regarding qualification. I am 34 with a degree . My CRS is hovering around 395 and i need an extra qualification to boast it. I have exhausted all other means

My questions are:

Does Canadian online courses count for anybody point. I am thinking of doing an online certification course . I've found couple of Universities in Canada but, want to be sure before wasting money on it?

Which one should i do ; Diploma or a year certificate?

I am kind of desperate right now due to my age as my score will drop again in August ,2018. sad embarassed embarassed embarassed

Will WEC/ IRCC accept a year certificate from Damelin or other colleges in South Africa ( i'm based in SA) if i decided to take the course in SA?

Please guys any advise will be highly appreciated now. i am confused on what to do!

Online courses don't count. If you don't have a masters , you can try to get a masters. You can also try the PNP route. Put pnp on the search button to find out about it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
Welcome Davygolden to the DIY thread. We are happy to meet you. You can get all the info you need from page 0. Start from there and when you have done a good amount of reading, you can seek for any clarification you need. Happy reading.

Thank you very much.
I'll do just that...gracias!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by BanjiHols(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
Please my people

A sis of mine just got her stamped Visa from Ghana. But her child's(2yr old) Visa wasn't stamped.

It was returned the same way it was sent.

Could it be that she wasn't given because she is a citizen by birth(the father is)?

Wont she need any document for her daughter at immigration if she decides to immigrate to Canada any time within the 6 months visa validity period?

Has one that has experienced this?
Anyone well knowledgeable about this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ok. Thanks.
dfanz:
Hi Newmum0615, the employment letter simply did not match adequately to satisfy the VO. The reason I nominated that NOC in the first place is because I thought I would have to work in that occupation as a PR as it is a more transferable occupation. Now I understand the process better, I would simply nominate another NOC if I were to do it again.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
mysticgal:

I have but I keep getting lost

These are first few things u need to do:

1. Get your international passport

2. Do your Wes verification

3. Do your Ielts

4. Den enter the EE pool

From the above you will face different challenges, then you can come here and be specific with ur problem in each stage that is when the senior in the house will help.

You will also need your Reference letter from ur place of work but that is after u get ITA.

Police certificate
Medical report

Let me stop here, its each stage at a time but I will advice u get use to the abbreviations and terminologies.

Mention me anytime u are lost, once again welcome on board...and believe it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mysticgal(f): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
policy12:

These are first few things u need to do:

1. Get your international passport

2. Do your Wes verification

3. Do your Ielts

4. Den enter the EE pool

From the above you will face different challenges, then you can come here and be specific with ur problem in each stage that is when the senior in the house will help.

You will also need your Reference letter from ur place of work but that is after u get ITA.

Police certificate
Medical report

Let me stop here, its each stage at a time but I will advice u get use to the abbreviations and terminologies.

Mention me anytime u are lost, once again welcome on board...and believe it will end in praise.
Thank you so much smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oriadephilip: 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
knightfemi:
Silent reader here. I am glad to announce we got our Passport Request (PPR) today!!! Hopefully this will encourage those in waiting.

More details below:

Family Composition: 3 - Myself, Spouse and Daughter
Travel History: UK, USA, Spain, Italy, Germany, Qatar, UAE, Hungary... the list goes on and irrelevant.
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 28 April 2017
Medical Passed: Mid- June 2017 (We sorted our medicals few weeks before AOR)
Background Check (NA1): August 2017
Additional Document Request: 2nd August 2017 (Schedule A for spouse)
Background Check (IP1): Mid-August 2017
File Transferred to London VO: 5th September 2017
Background Check (NA2): September 2017
Background Check (IP2): 5th December 2017
Passport Request (PPR): 5th December 2017

The entire process from AOR to PPR took 221days. The wait was very frustrating for us as it took much longer than the average processing time, it got even worse when we read how London VO keep files in their queue for much longer than expected. We are however grateful to the Almighty for seeing us through to the finish line before the end of the year.

Wishing those still waiting the very best in this journey. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2018
mysticgal:

Thank you so much smiley

U are welcome, sorry which cos u study because not all course u will do tru Wes, I forget to tell u the application is like a race everyone with different phase,as ur challenges may be diff from another person. So don't base ur race on what u read here because that is y I said when u are in difficulties just pop it up den ppu here will help u.

Again ur Ielts need specific grade u most meet, if u don't have materials for it u can pm me someone here drop some food materials some few days back.

Like I said just mention me when u are lost, the Ielts reg with British council (Bc) its 68k don't go tru any agent.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by johnson11(m): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Omg!

Alright maybe i should try membership route . The professional body for my career in Canada is called The Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professional . I see that, i get extra 25 points for Skill transferability factors . What do you think?
The only down-size to this is : i have to travel to Canada twice for interview and exam cool cool cool.

Masters will take probably 2 years to finish. I can't quit my job for a masters degree.

optionese:

Online courses don't count. If you don't have a masters , you can try to get a masters. You can also try the PNP route. Put pnp on the search button to find out about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mysticgal(f): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
policy12:

U are welcome, sorry which cos u study because not all course u will do tru Wes, I forget to tell u the application is like a race everyone with different phase,as ur challenges may be diff from another person. So don't base ur race on what u read here because that is y I said when u are in difficulties just pop it up den ppu here will help u.

Again ur Ielts need specific grade u most meet, if u don't have materials for it u can pm me someone here drop some food materials some few days back.

Like I said just mention me when u are lost, the Ielts reg with British council (Bc) its 68k don't go tru any agent.
I did law
And yes, I need any material I can lay my hands on, besides I am planning on getting an international passport soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
dfanz:
ITA 19th April
AOR 20th Jun
Meds Passed 13th July
Appl refused 28th Aug (refused for NOC mismatch)
CSE raised 29th Aug
App reopened 28th Sept
PPR 3rd November
Passport Sent 4th Nov
App approved 19th Dec
COPR received 22nd Dec

When I started the process, I only read what was required off the CIC website. I had no idea of documents required till after ITA when I got my personalized checklist. This thread is very helpful, if I had discovered it earlier, I would have made a better application.

My work experience spanned 4 NOCs and over 10years. The NOC I based my application on did not have a good match with the employment letter I submitted hence the refusal. I raised a CSE appealing for reconsideration and my application was reopened. However, I believe that my work experience in it's entirety was considered in reopening my application (not just the nominated NOC). I have experience in 4 NOCs, 2 of which are C occupations and did not add to my application. I obtained employment letters from all past employers including jobs from more than 10yrs ago. Since my employment history was clear and showed my career growth, it is my opinion that this helped the VO decide to reopen my application.

For POF, I tendered my Tbills certificate with my SOA. There was no lump sum deposit. I did not do any reference letters at all.

For a previous visa denial, I did not submit schedule A upfront. It was requested later about the same time I passed medicals. Also, I did not give reason for my refusal nor did I attach the refusal letter.

I had a UK visa denial, my application was processed in Ottawa. There has been a debate on which applications end up in London. I don't think there is any rule to this. Everyone cannot be processed in Ottawa. Applications are distributed to visa offices based on country of residence of the PA. Nigerian residents have been known to be processed in Accra and London.

I think the best we can do is to submit a truthful and transparent application to withstand any scrutiny and hope for the best. While VOs have rules to guide them, these rules are still subject to the VOs judgement. Remember what worked for Tom might not work for Harry.

Wow! Congratulations. God sure favoured you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
mysticgal:

I did law
And yes, I need any material I can lay my hands on, besides I am planning on getting an international passport soon

If u need material, if u don't mind u can drop ur email here so the senior in the hous can send u materials or u send me a pm then I will forward the materials to you, the one shared here by one elder few days ago.

The Intl passport shu b around 30k or less depend on the state u are residing.

Since u did law its better u use IQAS to verify ur doc so it will be done as professional course, ur LL B not ur BL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
dfanz:
I am a Nigerian in Nigeria.

lol...Local Govt nkon? My friend, rejoice jare; baba God don do am for you. How did u respond to the ADR on your previous UK refusal? any evidence attached?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
BanjiHols:
Please my people

A sis of mine just got her stamped Visa from Ghana. But her child's(2yr old) Visa wasn't stamped.

It was returned the same way it was sent.

Could it be that she wasn't given because she is a citizen by birth(the father is)?

Wont she need any document for her daughter at immigration if she decides to immigrate to Canada any time within the 6 months visa validity period?

Has one that has experienced this?
Anyone well knowledgeable about this?

Is the child a US citizen? If yes, US citizens don't need a visa to enter Canada. I believe the child was issued COPR, even as a US citizen such child will still be issued this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by aje33: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Please kindly forward to ajeayodeji22@gmail.com
Bello321:
Hello peeps, anyone seeking to write IELTS kindly DM or quote me for a bunch of materials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by BanjiHols(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
Deebay:

Is the child a US citizen? If yes, US citizens don't need a visa to enter Canada. I believe the child was issued COPR, even as a US citizen such child will still be issued this.

Thanks Deebay.. The child is Canadian citizen via father.
But wont the child need to present any doc at the airport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jezme: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Is there anyone writing IELTS exam tomorrow (6th)in Lagos? I got a text and email notifying me that test venue is no more at Ikeja but Gbagada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by billy: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello All,

Please note that BC just sent a notification to my email for change of written test venue scheduled for tomorrow from Classique Event at Oregun to Anchor Events Place at Agidingbi, Ikeja.

If you are scheduled to write BC written test tomorrow in Lagos, please quickly check your inbox or spam if there's any change of test venue or not.

Kindly take note accordingly.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jezme: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
billy:
Hello All,

Please note that BC just sent a notification to my email for change of written test venue scheduled for tomorrow from Classique Event at Oregun to Anchor Events Place at Agidingbi, Ikeja.

If you are scheduled to write BC written test tomorrow in Lagos, please quickly check your inbox or spam if there's any change of test venue or not.

Kindly take note accordingly.

All the best!
My venue was changed to

Work force
The Zone, Plot 9, Gbagada Industrial Scheme, Beside UPS, Gbagada Expressway, LagosĀ 

I don't even know how to get there from iyana-ipaja.

Any help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
From Oshodi, take a bus going to Ifako-Gbagada, the bus stop should be close Charly Boy bus stop (according to my Boss, me no sabi road o), you will have to cross to the other side, its close to UPS.

If driving, enter the place into Google maps and listen to the directions.

Good luck.

Jezme:

My venue was changed to

Work force
The Zone, Plot 9, Gbagada Industrial Scheme, Beside UPS, Gbagada Expressway, LagosĀ 

I don't even know how to get there from iyana-ipaja.

Any help?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
With 8777 in IELTS you should hover around 400+..How many years of experience do you have?

johnson11:
Hi Guys- this is my first post on this thread. I have some few questions regarding qualification. I am 34 with a degree . My CRS is hovering around 395 and i need an extra qualification to boast it. I have exhausted all other means

My questions are:

Does Canadian online courses count for any point. I am thinking of doing an online certification course . I've found couple of Universities in Canada but, want to be sure before wasting money on it?

I am kind of desperate right now due to my age as my score will drop again in August ,2018. sad embarassed embarassed embarassed

Will WEC/ IRCC accept a year certificate from Damelin or other colleges in South Africa ( i'm based in SA) if i decided to take the course in SA?

Please guys any advise will be highly appreciated now. i am confused on what to do!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CanadianEnginee(m): 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
The British Council guys are now running the place the way naija local government offices are run. Imagine changing exam venue less than 24 hrs to start of test. They are just so disorganised these days.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
BanjiHols:

Thanks Deebay.. The child is Canadian citizen via father.
But wont the child need to present any doc at the airport?
The child NA citizen abi? That one alone sef na free entry. I believe the child should have a Canadian passport. If yes then that's all if no then probably they issued a COPR for the child. I don't know again Sha. Ask the mother what passport documents the child has.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jezme: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
happytbaby:
From Oshodi, take a bus going to Ifako-Gbagada, the bus stop should be close Charly Boy bus stop (according to my Boss, me no sabi road o), you will have to cross to the other side, its close to UPS.

If driving, enter the place into Google maps and listen to the directions.

Good luck.

Thank you. This will help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
dfanz,pls did u know that or employment letter is not inline with your chosen NOC but submission?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hiscules: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
johnson11:

My questions are:

Does Canadian online courses count for any point. I am thinking of doing an online certification course . I've found couple of Universities in Canada but, want to be sure before wasting money on it?

please begin to search rigorously for for PNPs, to help u,please sign up for newsletters with attorney David Cohen so that you can receive regular updates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanny2017: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hello my good people. Thanks for your good work & support on this forum.

Please, for those who have done medicals at Children's Practice.... Ikoyi Lagos, is it possible to get the upfront medical certificate the same day?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
dfanz:
ITA 19th April
AOR 20th Jun
Meds Passed 13th July
Appl refused 28th Aug (refused for NOC mismatch)
CSE raised 29th Aug
App reopened 28th Sept
PPR 3rd November
Passport Sent 4th Nov
App approved 19th Dec
COPR received 22nd Dec

When I started the process, I only read what was required off the CIC website. I had no idea of documents required till after ITA when I got my personalized checklist. This thread is very helpful, if I had discovered it earlier, I would have made a better application.

My work experience spanned 4 NOCs and over 10years. The NOC I based my application on did not have a good match with the employment letter I submitted hence the refusal. I raised a CSE appealing for reconsideration and my application was reopened. However, I believe that my work experience in it's entirety was considered in reopening my application (not just the nominated NOC). I have experience in 4 NOCs, 2 of which are C occupations and did not add to my application. I obtained employment letters from all past employers including jobs from more than 10yrs ago. Since my employment history was clear and showed my career growth, it is my opinion that this helped the VO decide to reopen my application.

For POF, I tendered my Tbills certificate with my SOA. There was no lump sum deposit. I did not do any reference letters at all.

For a previous visa denial, I did not submit schedule A upfront. It was requested later about the same time I passed medicals. Also, I did not give reason for my refusal nor did I attach the refusal letter.

I had a UK visa denial, my application was processed in Ottawa. There has been a debate on which applications end up in London. I don't think there is any rule to this. Everyone cannot be processed in Ottawa. Applications are distributed to visa offices based on country of residence of the PA. Nigerian residents have been known to be processed in Accra and London.

I think the best we can do is to submit a truthful and transparent application to withstand any scrutiny and hope for the best. While VOs have rules to guide them, these rules are still subject to the VOs judgement. Remember what worked for Tom might not work for Harry.

Fantastic testimony. Bless God and a big congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.