Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295407 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osemigho: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ojasope1:

Thank you for your response

If he decides explain his past,

1 would he just do it under personal history bearing in mind that no evidence to show he was deported or convicted as the passport is not available.

2. He may not be able to get a PCC from SA with his real name as he was denied visa with

I really don't know. Let the elders comment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
It says at least 250 words. You get penalised for writing below not above. But try to keep it past 250 and not much more than 350. Believe me,except you just want to start writing off-point, I believe you should practice to stay within the 300 limit. Time may not even allow you to write plenty stories. The important thing is to make sense and ensure you answer the question,
provide examples and use a range of vocabulary and grammar to ensure you get good marks in each criteria. Your introduction, body and conclusion must be on point.

XX01:
From the tips I read, if it is too much over 250 words, they stop grading at around that and don't read the rest. It's a waste and you might lose marks. Anything significantly less than 250 words such as 200 and below, you will definitely lose marks

mcstan18:
You get penalized for writing below 250 words but not above. However, in your best interest do not try to impress by being too detailed. You'd expose yourself to unnecessary errors which would attract marks deduction too. To be safe, write no more than 350 words

Wow...just look at me...I want to believe that's why I landed a "7" in writing last year (my least score in the 4 category in my first attempt ever) all because I read somewhere whilst preparing for the test, that 250 words should be achieved with a little of 30 words more on the average. I entered for the test and did exactly that...I even had time to count and erase the last paragraphs to re-write it because of word count already entering 300 words for the letter of 150-words.

Information is power...only to come out of the test and friends started saying that that wrote 350 words for a letter of 150-words...of course, most had 7.5, 8 points. I was arguing that I read somewhere bla bla...

Thank you good friends for confirming the correct position now.

It is surely ending in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ubomm: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello House,

I have been following people's testimonies and I am about taking a step of faith.

I am about submitting my documents (ICAN & MSC) to WES for assessment. However, I am wondering if I stand a better chance based on my profile below:

1. Bsc Economics 2008 (Ambrose Alli University)
2. 5 years experience as internal Auditor in 1 public quoted company and 1 multinational
3. 3 years experience in 2 multinationals as Senior Tax Manager
4. ICAN, CITN, CIS and CIMA Advance Diploma
5. I recently graduated from a University in the UK with MSc in supply Chain. So I am wondering if that will impact my outcome.
6. I have properties that can provide enough funds to cover POF. But, I am worried about the six months deposit in the Bank before VISA application
7. I am 38
7.Writing my IELTS next month

House your input please. Kindly Advise a brother

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ubomm:
Hello House,

I have been following people's testimonies and I am about taking a step of faith.

I am about submitting my documents (ICAN & MSC) to WES for assessment. However, I am wondering if I stand a better chance based on my profile below:

2. 5 years experience as internal Auditor in 1 public quoted company and 1 multinational
5. I recently graduated from a University in the UK with MSc in supply Chain. So I am wondering if that will impact my outcome.
6. I have properties that can provide enough funds to cover POF. But, I am worried about the six months deposit in the Bank before VISA application
7. I am 38

Thank you
Ubomm:
Hello House,

7. I am 38

Thank you
Ubomm:
Hello House,

7. I am 38

Thank you
God will crown your faith with success. I will advice you evaluate only your MSC, as that will give u maximum points under education. Your age will reduce your points but with maximum points in IELTS, you will still be above 400. Study hard for your IETLS and commence your WES verification.

Your work experience is also good to go.

Lastly, not necessary you have your POF in your accounts for 6months, just make sure you have receipt, sales agreement and documents to show you owned and sold the properties to raise POF. GOOD LUCK BROTHER.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kike100: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Happy weekend people&Happy nu year!!

Pls anyone attending the IOM session in ibadan next week tuesday?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ubomm: 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Dear Godsaysyes,

Thank you. I will delete my ICAN from WES profile right away.

I am grateful especially with regard to the POF. This is because I have been wondering about waiting for another six months after selling my stuffs to commence the process. I can proceed

Best regard

Godsaysyes:

God will crown your faith with success. I will advice you evaluate only your MSC, as that will give u maximum points under education. Your age will reduce your points but with maximum points in IELTS, you will still be above 400. Study hard for your IETLS and commence your WES verification.

Your work experience is also good to go.

Lastly, not necessary you have your POF in your accounts for 6months, just make sure you have receipt, sales agreement and documents to show you owned and sold the properties to raise POF. GOOD LUCK BROTHER.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
ladyAy:
Good to know I'm not alone. Sent an email on the 2nd, and 5th. Let's give them time, maybe our emails have made them remember us and they want to quickly complete it and send us ppr email grin grin . I submitted my application Sept 1st 2017. It will end in praise grin

Raise a cse instead
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
viccee:
mcstan18

how was the listening section?

That section 3 though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1kingwriter: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
TEECANN:

@newmum0615 and others in the know

I'm curious about "ielts writing" and I had thought to ask for a while now.

If they test says 250 words, am I to write 250 words and maybe a little spill over of say another 30 words extra OR I can write as much as I want insofar it is not below 250 words?

Is there a penalty for writing waaay above 250 words...say, like 500 words?

Thank you.

It will surely end in praise IJN!

500 words?
No!

What will you be writing? You may end up with many unwanted information.
Practice to end at 280/300. With that each of the paragraph with tell better stories that will make the marker happy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2018
Ubomm:
Hello House,

7. I am 38

Thank you

If you're not married, evaluate your MSc and your CRS would be 420 with IELTS score of 8777 in LRSW, all things being equal. Your CRS score could be as high as 432 if you max out all modules in your IELTS. You'd lose 6 points however if you turn 39 before ITA comes. The odds aren't bad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2018
kissoflife:

i eventually got my passport renewed and have sent it to Accra. So I expect the validity to be at one year of medical passed. Thanks for your contributions

Good for you.

Please how much did it cost to renew?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 12:23am On Jan 08, 2018
walejummy:
Hmmm, I still don't understand why the ITA point is still high, hmmm, will it still hit 434 again? cry

It will, just be patient. Is your POF ready? You can use this time to gather your POF and application fees. 2018 will not pass us by.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jonbeezy(m): 1:07am On Jan 08, 2018
mcstan18:

Someone collected extra sheet yesterday. The shock ehn...

Goodday bro. i need ur assistance in getting some information. i want to immigrate to Canada... i notice you guys write exams. so pls,how do i go about registering? you have gone to the level of IELTS,that is a good position to help me with some tips. did you register with an agent or was it online?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 1:24am On Jan 08, 2018
Jonbeezy:

Goodday bro. i need ur assistance in getting some information. i want to immigrate to Canada... i notice you guys write exams. so pls,how do i go about registering? you have gone to the level of IELTS,that is a good position to help me with some tips. did you register with an agent or was it online?

Don't register with agent as most of them charge high than the normal price, British council seem to be the best place with 68k, you pay tru bank draft ifo British council. You need to do the registration online at British council.com . Welcome on board,just know its not for the weak.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2018
Congratulations oo! God has done with t again. I shall be next!!!
Ekinado:
PPR IS HERE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!
thanks to all those who made this a successful journey!!!!!
Aor: 8th December
Mep: 19th Dec
Na1 : 19th Dec
IP1: 19th Dec
Na2: 20th Dec
IP2: 23th Dec
Adr: 23th Dec
Submitted ADR : 24th Dec
Ppr: 4th January

please guidelines on how to submit Passport to DHL, what and what do I need

40manlappy you must answer me this time pop lol.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 5:01am On Jan 08, 2018
Hello everyone,

Good morning,

Please is it compulsory to use Studio 24 for the digital photo for my uploads Post ITA??
Or can I walk into any photo studio and give them specifications??

I'd appreciate your kind assistance

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2018
Jonbeezy:

you should read this thread from the first page (and previous parts) to equip yourself. It is long but usually an interesting read if you do so with enthusiasm of what lies ahead. When you're done, you'd have answers to these questions and more but before then, do not engage the services of an agent to register for IELTS. I don't see any point in that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2018
JESUSisable:
Hi Seniors I hail oh.

Congrats to all those who have received PPR this month and God bless all the hopefuls.

Please just a quick question. Is my LOE statement suppose to be a formal letter addressed specfically to a particular office?

Good morning guys. Please help a sister with this response oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2018
sleekchic:

Good for you.
Please how much did it cost to renew?

40k fast track
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 8:16am On Jan 08, 2018
kissoflife:

40k fast track

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2018
Hi People, this is my first time in here, hope we get all our desires this year.

Please eh, kindly check out this scenario.

If one decides to use ACCA and B.Sc to get more points (two or more certs/diploma), does anyone think that WES would give a favourable evaluation for ACCA that was earned by writing just five (5) papers (because the person was able to get exemptions for nine (9) papers).

Any thoughts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2018
WES evaluates ACCA as a four-year degree. I do not think going the ICAN route to ACCA is going to change that. You can log on to your ACCA global account and send an email to ask. ACCA will know.

nitrogen:
Hi People, this is my first time in here, hope we get all our desires this year.

Please eh, kindly check out this scenario.

If one decides to use ACCA and B.Sc to get more points (two or more certs/diploma), does anyone think that WES would give a favourable evaluation for ACCA that was earned by writing just five (5) papers (because the person was able to get exemptions for nine (9) papers).

Any thoughts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:36am On Jan 08, 2018
Well, the thing says "letter" and we will assume that this relationship is formal...not cordial with our friends (just joking) so go with formal letter complete with address, addresses have been posted multiple times here. just search 'central intake office' and you will get one.

JESUSisable:

Good morning guys. Please help a sister with this response oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:38am On Jan 08, 2018
No, once the photographer knows his onions, give him the specification. You do not have to traipse all over Lagos or Abuja looking for Studio 24, if its not convenient, save yourself the stress.

Julie2018:
Hello everyone,

Good morning,

Please is it compulsory to use Studio 24 for the digital photo for my uploads Post ITA??

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2018
@ Jonbeezy,

You have the option of paying online if it will not be convenient to take a bank draft to their office. However, confirmation of payment is often delayed when you do the online route (based on Nairaland people's experience)

policy12:

Don't register with agent as most of them charge high than the normal price, British council seem to be the best place with 68k, you pay tru bank draft ifo British council. You need to do the registration online at British council.com . Welcome on board,just know its not for the weak.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2018
Julie2018:

Hello all, please help a sister with the answer to this question.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Good morning,

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2018
happytbaby:
Well, the thing says "letter" and we will assume that this relationship is formal...not cordial with our friends (just joking) so go with formal letter complete with address, addresses have been posted multiple times here. just search 'central intake office' and you will get one.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:11am On Jan 08, 2018
Responded, read up
happytbaby:
No, once the photographer knows his onions, give him the specification. You do not have to traipse all over Lagos or Abuja looking for Studio 24, if its not convenient, save yourself the stress.

[quote author=Julie2018 post=63996201][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:16am On Jan 08, 2018
@ Sweetrie...... Even with IELTS 8777; his CRS points with a first degree (only) may be too low to get ITA. ACCA will give him another degree, with two degrees, the increase in CRS will be at least 30.

Emman007....

Getting experience and writing professional exams are not two mutually exclusive events, millions of people all over the world have done it and are still doing it.

You need the work experience, no doubt, you also need to write the exams alongside if that is your dream.

As regards the choice between ACCA and ICAN, even though I recognize that the former is more expensive, I would say go with ACCA . I have seen too many people cross over with ICAN and struggle to pass the professional (P) level of ACCA exams, this is because ICAN must have Nigerian feel (my take since I have never taken the exams) which is different from the way oyinbos examine students, I feel it will be better to start ACCA from scratch so that you don't struggle to pass P papers. I have helped people studying abroad with assignments and prepare for exams and I know there is a vast difference in approach. I have also written international exams so I know what I am talking about.

All the above are my opinions, not necessarily fact, just perspectives, consider it. I hope you get a well-paying job so that you can afford to write ACCA, bear in mind that it is not for the faint-hearted, it requires dedication.

sweetrie:
You should just try to acquire accounting related experience or relevant NYSC experience and then apply for the EE, then maybe fortunately if you get to travel to Canada through the EE program, do the CPA itself in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ojasope1: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2018
Tspice2015:

The requirement states for all countries stayed for a cumulative of 180days since 18th birthday, not last 10years. So if his stay in SA is after his 18th birthday, he should get a PCC.

@Ojasope1, you should the inadmissible clause on the canada.ca website for more information

Thanks for your response

I read on CIC website that if the offence convicted for is not serious one that would warrant a maximum jail term equivalent to if committed in Canada and 5yrs must have pass that he served the jail term, he can be rehabilitated and admitted into Canada. He would fill form 1444, attach all the documents relating to his conviction like judgement, name if offence and which criminal code, explain in a separate sheet why he should be admitted and pay the prescribed fee. So in this my colleague's case, his offence is a minimum offence of 6months jail term and more than 5yrs have pass since he served the term. In addition, if he had committed the offence when he was below 18yrs, he would be admitted without filling the form1444. So from what I have read so far from the CIC web, he may still be admitted if he fills the form and attach necessary documents. However, I would still advice him to seek legal advice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jonbeezy(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2018
happytbaby:
@ Jonbeezy,

You have the option of paying online if it will not be convenient to take a bank draft to their office. However, confirmation of payment is often delayed when you do the online route (based on Nairaland people's experience)

i got ur response and i am glad. it is becoming clearer to me now. now i have a question pls: i have only a BS.c certificate in Economics. i do not have an additional professional certificate (like N.I.M). as i have read here,i understand it is needed. pls what do i do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jonbeezy(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2018
mcstan18:

you should read this thread from the first page (and previous parts) to equip yourself. It is long but usually an interesting read if you do so with enthusiasm of what lies ahead. When you're done, you'd have answers to these questions and more but before then, do not engage the services of an agent to register for IELTS. I don't see any point in that

Thank you very much for your response bro. Pls what is the fate of someone with only a BS.c degree in Economics? i do not have a professional cert to back it up. what do u suggest pls? thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.