Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297504 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
It says at least 250 words. You get penalised for writing below not above. But try to keep it past 250 and not much more than 350. Believe me,
except you just want to start writing off-point, I believe you should practice to stay within the 300 limit. Time may not even allow you to write plenty stories. The important thing is to make sense and ensure you answer the question,
provide examples and use a range of vocabulary and grammar to ensure you get good marks in each criteria. Your introduction, body and conclusion must be on point.

Someone collected extra sheet yesterday. The shock ehn...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tspice2015(f): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
Algbenguze:

If he’s over 29 years in age, He would not even need PCC from SA since he got back in 2007 (over 10 years already). The requirement is for countries you have visited within last 10 years or since 18th birthday, whichever is more recent.
#GoAndSinNoMore

The requirement states for all countries stayed for a cumulative of 180days since 18th birthday, not last 10years. So if his stay in SA is after his 18th birthday, he should get a PCC.

@Ojasope1, you should the inadmissible clause on the canada.ca website for more information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
TEECANN:

@newmum0615 and others in the know

I'm curious about "ielts writing" and I had thought to ask for a while now.

If they test says 250 words, am I to write 250 words and maybe a little spill over of say another 30 words extra OR I can write as much as I want insofar it is not below 250 words?

Is there a penalty for writing waaay above 250 words...say, like 500 words?

Thank you.

It will surely end in praise IJN!

You get penalized for writing below 250 words but not above. However, in your best interest do not try to impress by being too detailed. You'd expose yourself to unnecessary errors which would attract marks deduction too. To be safe, write no more than 350 words

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Eman007:
Hello everyone. Stumbled on this thread when it was in part two and I've been following, though not avidly but would try to read up all (from part 1) soon. But before that, I have a question which might have been asked before but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm in my final year studying for a degree in Business Education. Normally, since acquiring the ACCA is quite expensive in Nigeria, I plan on doing my ICAN upon graduation and then apply for exemptions in the ACCA which from my research could be used in acquiring a CPA/CGA in Canada due to the Mutual Recognition in place. Do you feel it is necessary to go through all that or I should just try to acquire accounting related experience and then apply for the EE, then maybe fortunately if I get to travel to Canada through the EE program, do the CPA itself in Canada instead? Please I need you guys help on this. Thank you

understand that work experience is more valuable here than a certification. Both are good. If you can run them concurrently but if by any chance you're at a fix as to which to pick, go for the work experience.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
abiriba:
Goodmorning house,
Please I want to enter the pool but I need some clarification with the pof.
I have a landed property which I have gotten a buyer ready to pay for it.we agreed that he waits a little while before paying.Now I want to put the cash in a fixed deposit but the period of the fixed deposit will be for 2 months.would that be acceptable as a pof?
My bank account is not healthy at all.

Kindly advise thank you.
you mustn't fix the money, just ensure u provide all necessary evidence of sales( from u and buyer) plus LOE and highlighting this in ur SOA where the money reflects, u should be fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Eman007:
Hello everyone. Stumbled on this thread when it was in part two and I've been following, though not avidly but would try to read up all (from part 1) soon. But before that, I have a question which might have been asked before but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm in my final year studying for a degree in Business Education. Normally, since acquiring the ACCA is quite expensive in Nigeria, I plan on doing my ICAN upon graduation and then apply for exemptions in the ACCA which from my research could be used in acquiring a CPA/CGA in Canada due to the Mutual Recognition in place. Do you feel it is necessary to go through all that or I should just try to acquire accounting related experience and then apply for the EE, then maybe fortunately if I get to travel to Canada through the EE program, do the CPA itself in Canada instead? Please I need you guys help on this. Thank you
Finish your studies, do your NYSC acquire whichever you certificate(ACCA/ICAN) you can within this period , either way they are not a waste, with your one year experience you will be eligible for EE, and I THINK ur ICAN can be used as two or more certificate (not sure of this tho, seniors abeg clarify)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Loritess:
Hello, good morning pls how much cash do i have to show at the airport because I want to use a landed property as my POF during the process.
Is it the same $12474?
you should have your funds handy when landing . However you don't need to have the cash with you it could be in your a count so long as you can provide a statement of account when asked.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
mcstan18:

It doesn't matter. Some people like me have very bold writings. I collected two extra sheets. I managed to get 7. Don't worry about others, be confident in yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
CODINE007:
Please roomies sorry to interrupt but please how do I begin application for the Canada immigration visa and what are the requirements. Am confused and out of direction.

Have you written IELTS. Have u evaluated ur highest certificate through WES or other authorized body? How many years relevant work experience do you have? Your age is also a key factor, if you are under 30; you will get maximum points under age. You can look up the page zero and if you need further clarifications, come back to ask the House. Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Jesuba:

You need to show proof of funds either in cash or instruments (travellers cheque/ bank balance etc) at the airport . If you're using a landed property, that presupposes that you will actually sell and use the proceeds as proof of funds.

Are you sure about this? How affirmative?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by maygreaves(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello All....Please i'll appreciate your guidance.

I'm a 23 year old student at seneca college, ive worked for a big 4 accounting firm for over a year in lagos, and a smaller accounting firm for 6 months. i have a Bsc in economics from unilag but i'm yet to write my IELTS

1. after going throught this thread, ive seen it makes more sense to apply for express entry through the skilled class, and i can even go for my masters as a PR.
2 the only thing left for me would be to take the IELTS, get 12500 in my account(my dad would help with this), and evaluate through WES.

My issue is How do i start, i'll love to take action, but not sure how to...please your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muchaio(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Sugaro:
you mustn't fix the money, just ensure u provide all necessary evidence of sales( from u and buyer) plus LOE and highlighting this in ur SOA where the money reflects, u should be fine

I don't understand. Why can't he fix the money?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by XX01(f): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
Does validity expire from the day of medical passed or date of upfront medical test?

Sorry, it was sleep in my eyes. It's from the date the medical was taken. Let me edit it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by XX01(f): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
TEECANN:

@newmum0615 and others in the know

I'm curious about "ielts writing" and I had thought to ask for a while now.

If they test says 250 words, am I to write 250 words and maybe a little spill over of say another 30 words extra OR I can write as much as I want insofar it is not below 250 words?

Is there a penalty for writing waaay above 250 words...say, like 500 words?

Thank you.

It will surely end in praise IJN!

From the tips I read, if it is too much over 250 words, they stop grading at around that and don't read the rest. It's a waste and you might lose marks. Anything significantly less than 250 words such as 200 and below, you will definitely lose marks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
Uzoreen:
Im still very curious why your first attempt cldnt fly for you. Cos to me it looks pretty ok... I truly wish you the very best.

Because I scores 7.5 instead if a minimum of 8 in listening. With 7.5 my CRS is 415 .......it would have been 465 supposing i scored a 8 in listening
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loritess: 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Jesuba:

You need to show proof of funds either in cash or instruments (travellers cheque/ bank balance etc) at the airport . If you're using a landed property, that presupposes that you will actually sell and use the proceeds as proof of funds.
OK thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loritess: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
optionese:

you should have your funds handy when landing . However you don't need to have the cash with you it could be in your a count so long as you can provide a statement of account when asked.
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
maygreaves:
Hello All....Please i'll appreciate your guidance.

I'm a 23 year old student at seneca college, ive worked for a big 4 accounting firm for over a year in lagos, and a smaller accounting firm for 6 months. i have a Bsc in economics from unilag but i'm yet to write my IELTS

1. after going throught this thread, ive seen it makes more sense to apply for express entry through the skilled class, and i can even go for my masters as a PR.
2 the only thing left for me would be to take the IELTS, get 12500 in my account(my dad would help with this), and evaluate through WES.

My issue is How do i start, i'll love to take action, but not sure how to...please your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
Start by getting your international passport, evaluate your post sec schl certs, go for IELTS apply by getting in the pool do more reading for assistance
[quote author=maygreaves post=63974464]Hello All....Please i'll appreciate your guidance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Algbenguze: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
Tspice2015:

The requirement states for all countries stayed for a cumulative of 180days since 18th birthday, not last 10years. So if his stay in SA is after his 18th birthday, he should get a PCC.

@Ojasope1, you should the inadmissible clause on the canada.ca website for more information

Thanks a lot. I mixed it up actually. The 10yr thing doesn’t apply to PCC.
Sorry if I misled anyone with my initial post. That’s why we encourage everyone to read up for themselves.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
It's not by extra sheet sha. You can use 10 sheets and still write rubbish.
mcstan18:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
4wearegreat:

Thanks to everyone. The test went well except for the listening sections - though not because of my state of mind. It was a bit difficult listening to the audio via speaker instead of headset (wrote @MOD Center) so i missed out some answers.

Abbylee;

Please tell me you filled the complaint form as advised, and I bet you did not hear in section C wink
4wearegreat:

Thanks to everyone. The test went well except for the listening sections - though not because of my state of mind. It was a bit difficult listening to the audio via speaker instead of headset (wrote @MOD Center) so i missed out some answers.

Abbylee;

Please tell me you filled the complaint form as advised, and I bet you did not hear in section C
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kelvinjtsar: 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello house. Happy Sunday. I have submitted my application(post ITA) since August 2017. I'm trying to locate my VO. I've sent am email to the Ottawa office but still no reply from them. Pls is there a phone number I can call to reach them? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ladyAy: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Replied

Optimist1528:

I just did. thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ladyAy: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Good to know I'm not alone. Sent an email on the 2nd, and 5th. Let's give them time, maybe our emails have made them remember us and they want to quickly complete it and send us ppr email grin grin . I submitted my application Sept 1st 2017. It will end in praise grin

Kelvinjtsar:
Hello house. Happy Sunday. I have submitted my application(post ITA) since August 2017. I'm trying to locate my VO. I've sent am email to the Ottawa office but still no reply from them. Pls is there a phone number I can call to reach them? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by viccee: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
hello house, I collected extra sheet during the Ielts writing test. I have bold hand writing not that I was writing extra point.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by viccee: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
mcstan18
how was the listening section?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello everyone, please I need everyone’s advice. My sister has a PGD from the chartered institute of Logistics and Supply Chain Management Ghana please can it be assessed by any known body as a diploma. She needs the extra points.
Also my brother in law has ican and one more exam to complete his Acca which of these can he use to get the professional degree or 2 or more points. I know the ican issue has been the deliberated on but I’m quite confused on the final decision. Please your help will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
Muchaio:

Like I said he, it's not a rule that one must fix his money, if he has the required amount sitting in his account still very ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
Muchaio:

"mustn't" and "can't" does not mean the same thing. One places him at liberty and the other places a restriction. Please read again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hi Seniors I hail oh.

Congrats to all those who have received PPR this month and God bless all the hopefuls.

Please just a quick question. Is my LOE statement suppose to be a formal letter addressed specfically to a particular office?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by walejummy: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hmmm, I still don't understand why the ITA point is still high, hmmm, will it still hit 434 again? cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.