Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295361 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jonbeezy(m): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2018
policy12:

Don't register with agent as most of them charge high than the normal price, British council seem to be the best place with 68k, you pay tru bank draft ifo British council. You need to do the registration online at British council.com . Welcome on board,just know its not for the weak.

You guys are amazing with your responses. i appreciate that. i was a little confused seeing immigration law firms like Campbell cohen asking me to register with them online. i was kinda confused as i saw several others with the same plea of registering with them. i needed a tried and tested one by a nairalander. thank u.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2018
Please i need help on this.
nairalandnewbie:
Hello everyone, please I need everyone’s advice. My sister has a PGD from the chartered institute of Logistics and Supply Chain Management Ghana please can it be assessed by any known body as a diploma. She needs the extra points.
Also my brother in law has ican and one more exam to complete his Acca which of these can he use to get the professional degree or 2 or more points. I know the ican issue has been the deliberated on but I’m quite confused on the final decision. Please your help will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2018
Policy12,

Good morning,

Please is it compulsory to use Studio 24 for the digital photo for my uploads Post ITA??
Or can I walk into any photo studio and give them specifications??

I'd appreciate your kind assistance

Thank you
policy12:

Don't register with agent as most of them charge high than the normal price, British council seem to be the best place with 68k, you pay tru bank draft ifo British council. You need to do the registration online at British council.com . Welcome on board,just know its not for the weak.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2018
happytbaby:
@ Sweetrie...... Even with IELTS 8777; his CRS points with a first degree (only) may be too low to get ITA. ACCA will give him another degree, with two degrees, the increase in CRS will be at least 30.
Very true. I assumed he wasn't above 30yrs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 11:12am On Jan 08, 2018
Jonbeezy:

Goodday bro. i need ur assistance in getting some information. i want to immigrate to Canada... i notice you guys write exams. so pls,how do i go about registering? you have gone to the level of IELTS,that is a good position to help me with some tips. did you register with an agent or was it online?
NO need for an agent, just go to their site and register then raise a draft in favor of BC, then either take the draft there or send via courier within 5days of ur booking. U also need to evaluate ur highest degree read page 0 for more information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ronnie1984(f): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2018
Goodmorning nd happy new year....i don come again.
We have gotten everything we need to apply and something still keeps bothering me. My hubby fbi pcc finally came through but i want to ask if he has to attach a loe concerning his stay away from his family . Or how does he explain his US address on some details on the application. We are all trying to get out of this hole called nigeria so no judgements pls.
I will come back to give the full gist later of how we succeeded if Gid grants us mercy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ronnie1984(f): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2018
We have gotten everything we need to apply and something still keeps bothering me. My hubby fbi pcc finally came through but i want to ask if he has to attach a loe concerning his stay away from his family . Or how does he explain his US address on some details on the application. We are all trying to get out of this hole called nigeria so no judgements pls.
I will come back to give the full gist later of how we succeeded if God grants us mercy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2018
Good morning ma, can you please stop spamming the thread? @happytbaby has responded and also called your attention to the response, yet you choose to continue with the same line of question. Do you not trust her response or what?
Julie2018:
Policy12,

Good morning,

Please is it compulsory to use Studio 24 for the digital photo for my uploads Post ITA??
Or can I walk into any photo studio and give them specifications??

I'd appreciate your kind assistance

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2018
Okay, he may need to post his age and marital status so that the Data Ministers and Ministresses grin can help simulate his CRS.

sweetrie:
Very true. I assumed he wasn't above 30yrs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2018
happytbaby:
Okay, he may need to post his age and marital status so that the Data Ministers and Ministresses grin can help simulate his CRS.

Lol. Abi. He didn't give full details sef.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2018
Jonbeezy:

Thank you very much for your response bro. Pls what is the fate of someone with only a BS.c degree in Economics? i do not have a professional cert to back it up. what do u suggest pls? thanks.

Fate? Having a professional certification in your field (Economics) isn't a criterion for eligibility for EE. Just do the page zero thing painstakingly and you'd understand the minimum requirement enough to teach them in schools wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jonbeezy(m): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2018
mcstan18:

Fate? Having a professional certification in your field (Economics) isn't a criterion for eligibility for EE. Just do the page zero thing painstakingly and you'd understand the minimum requirement enough to teach them in schools wink

thanks bro. i am doing that right away. however,it would be nice if you'd give me your contact so i can always reach u directly when i need more clearifications . all d same,i appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MrsI: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good morning. I've been a silent follower of this page and I have learnt a whole lot. Thank you everyone for your contributions.

I have a question though...... I got my copr last year but had to get married afterwards. I informed cic and they sent a looooong list of requirements which we have sent. That was early December. However, I'm yet to get any response from them. And I can't even tell what stage I'm in. Has anyone been in this situation and what was the timeline before they responded?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jonbeezy:

You guys are amazing with your responses. i appreciate that. i was a little confused seeing immigration law firms like Campbell cohen asking me to register with them online. i was kinda confused as i saw several others with the same plea of registering with them. i needed a tried and tested one by a nairalander. thank u.

David Cohen picked my profile (from God knows where) and persuaded me to do this EE thing over 2 years ago. He even advised that I write IELTS then, which I reluctantly did and later abandoned. They continued the follow-up until late last year when I told them I had completed a number of things on my own (thanks to NL) and they let me be for good. I can categorically tell you that all things being equal, the information/services they offer aren't very different from what we are enriched with on this forum. The point then is that if you can read and read well on this (DIY) forum, you may not need the services of Cohen or any of the other Canadian immigration law firms.

On the other hand, if you have enough money to pay for their services, you may give it a try and come back here to share your experience. There is no knowledge that is not power

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
Jonbeezy:

thanks bro. i am doing that right away. however,it would be nice if you'd give me your contact so i can always reach u directly when i need more clearifications . all d same,i appreciate.

As much as practicable, please share all your questions and/or contributions here. Others would benefit a great deal from it, which is the essence of the thread anyway. More so, some other persons may have had better and easier ways of getting around the challenge(s) you may have been faced with.

You may send me a PM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
kike100:
Happy weekend people&Happy nu year!!

Pls anyone attending the IOM session in ibadan next week tuesday?

Longest time! How is preparation? smiley

I have a few friends that may be attending....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by daremum(m): 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Dear All,

PPR:30th November
Passport received:4th Dec
Approved: 28 Dec
COPR received: 08 Jan 18

Thank you

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
daremum:
Dear All,

Thank you

Congratulations. Landing gist loading wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by daremum(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
@40manlappy,
I will be attending tomorrow session.
The passports photographs were returned although one was attached to the COPR.

Does it make sense to carry along another one and drop at the airport.

Thank you

40manlappy:

Longest time! How is preparation? smiley

I have a few friends that may be attending....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
daremum:
Dear All,

Thank you

Congrats bro

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good afternoon fam.

Pls, quick question.

Should the deed of gift be uploaded with my bank statements or with a Letter of Explanation?

If its with the bank statements, do i need to write a letter of explanation concerning it?

Thanks again in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
I stand to be corrected.

If your husband is not the principal applicant, i don't think you should worry.
I say this because the principal applicant has to be legally residing in the country from which he or she applies.

Let the seniors answer though.

Ronnie1984:
I will come back to give the full gist later of how we succeeded if God grants us mercy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
Uzoreen:
Good afternoon fam.

Pls, quick question.

Should the deed of gift be uploaded with my bank statements or with a Letter of Explanation?

If its with the bank statements, do i need to write a letter of explanation concerning it?

Thanks again in anticipation.

Gift deed goes with bank statements as your POF. you should also state it in your letter of explanation detailing how you came about the money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
nkigirl:
I have been at IP1 for over a month now and It's a little frustrating.
I do realise that there's no yardstick to follow as people have different processing speeds. I can only categorically say that it won't exceed 6 months.
At the same time, I am still a bit worried and hoping that I do not have any issues with any submitted docs.

But guys, when is it a good time to get actually worried and try to either call, find out visa office or request for gcms notes?

Easy champs! I have been on NA2 for over two and half months now... What is ours will not pass by us! I have stopped worrying sef, shebi they said it's 6months! I have mailed for the visa office twice and haven't gotten any response.
Just take this time to read the living in Canada thread and plan your movement and how to distribute your stuffs here grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sexymj(f): 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
same here o. i ordered for gcms notes sha.

Pamperme:

Easy champs! I have been on NA2 for over two and half months now... What is ours will not pass by us! I have stopped worrying sef, shebi they said it's 6months! I have mailed for the visa office twice and haven't gotten any response.
Just take this time to read the living in Canada thread and plan your movement and how to distribute your stuffs here grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ubomm: 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thank you.

I'm married. Can recheck my CRS score please.

Thanks

mcstan18:

If you're not married, evaluate your MSc and your CRS would be 420 with IELTS score of 8777 in LRSW, all things being equal. Your CRS score could be as high as 432 if you max out all modules in your IELTS. You'd lose 6 points however if you turn 39 before ITA comes. The odds aren't bad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mepconsultant: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
Good afternoon everyone?

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten the COPR

I wrote IELTS thrice and I'm yet to meet the required borderline score of L8 RWS7. I'm already in the pool with total score of 395. I'm sure I really need help here.

My last result was L7 R9 W7.5 S6.5 which was below my previous scores. Please all, I need clarification and advice on the following:

- While filling the online form, when asked "Why are you taking the test?", can i choose "Personal Reasons" instead of "For Immigration purposes? Can this be the reason i have been getting a 6.5 in my results.

- While filling the online form, when asked "Which country are you applying to/intending to go to?" Is it a must I choose CANADA?

- Should I use IDP instead of British Council?

Thank you for your response(s).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
you will need to evaluate your spouse highest certificate. If your spouse has Masters and her age is lower than yours, you can consider her as the primary applicant.

She will also write the IELTS test with you.

Ubomm:
Thank you.

I'm married. Can recheck my CRS score please.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2018
You don't need to lie about your intent while filling the IELTS. Just believe you can score maximum points, study very smart and you will get your desired points.

I once had that notion but jettisoned it, paid for another IELTS, studied day and night...the rest is history as I got maximum points in all modules.

Just believe sir/Ma, yes you can.

mepconsultant:
Good afternoon everyone?

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten the COPR

I wrote IELTS thrice and I'm yet to meet the required borderline score of L8 RWS7. I'm already in the pool with total score of 395. I'm sure I really need help here.

My last result was L7 R9 W7.5 S6.5 which was below my previous scores. Please all, I need clarification and advice on the following:

- While filling the online form, when asked "Why are you taking the test?", can i choose "Personal Reasons" instead of "For Immigration purposes? Can this be the reason i have been getting a 6.5 in my results.

- While filling the online form, when asked "Which country are you applying to/intending to go to?" Is it a must I choose CANADA?

- Should I use IDP instead of British Council?

Thank you for your response(s).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mepconsultant: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Godsaysyes:
You don't need to lie about your intent while filling the IELTS. Just believe you can score maximum points, study very smart and you will get your desired points.

I once had that notion but jettisoned it, paid for another IELTS, studied day and night...the rest is history as I got maximum points in all modules.

Just believe sir/Ma, yes you can.

Wow!

Thank you very much for the quick response. I will put in more efforts.

Please, did you use IDP or British Council?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by noblealuu: 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
bxcode:

Send me a Pm and I will forward the contact of the person that assisted me to you...Went there last week to process mine.

Sent you a mail awhile ago. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MsLane: 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
I like the way you just dropped this here like hot akara.
We are waiting on God for ours.

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart.

daremum:
Dear All,

Thank you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.