Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295687 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
This link has loads of real looking IELTS tests with answers for practice. Most are in the academic format but the handful General IELTS tests is very helpful. For listening, academic and general are same so no wahala with that.

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
lovetree:
@emelueobi......still the same issue

I hope u didn't put the $ sign. If u did then remove it and try again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
Then you should quote the exact amount for a family of 4. That is 23181. Try that

@emelueobi......still the same issue[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by lovetree: 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
@emelueobi....it worked.thank you thank you thank you. really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bello321: 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello,

Does anyone know if paid internships after Nysc count towards work experience for Express Entry(FSW)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2018
You are welcome

@emelueobi....it worked.thank you thank you thank you. really appreciate[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lastruct: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello Guys, Please still waiting for anyone who has a contact in Unilag Records Office that can assist in fast tracking transcript for ECA. Thanks and lets keep the good work.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PresVA: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
hello people. . a quick confirmation please. .

ECA is valid for 5yrs right?

just wondering if it's advisable for someone intending to apply for the EE next year to start credentials evaluation now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PresVA: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2018
my passport which has my maiden name will be expiring soon and I want to renew it in my husband's surname. ..

Please do I need to go to Abuja for this?

I will really appreciate a response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2018
PresVA:
my passport which has my maiden name will be expiring soon and I want to renew it in my husband's surname. ..

Yes,also hold copies of marriage cert, Newspapers publication, affidavit of change of name and a copy of his international passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
PresVA:

just wondering if it's advisable for someone intending to apply for the EE next year to start credentials evaluation now?

Decision is solely yours but if I can advise, I'll say you start right away with your ECA. Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
Lastruct:
Hello Guys, Please still waiting for anyone who has a contact in Unilag Records Office that can assist in fast tracking transcript for ECA. Thanks and lets keep the good work.

They are on strike presently
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
Gud pm my pple. Tx to all dat assisted me ystday. So I completed WES payment last night but contrary to expectation, 71k+ (233.91 canadian dollar) was deducted from my account as against 68k! Is dis normal?

A 2nd question, can I edit my details on WES website after payment?

3rdly, how can I make d WES reference number reflects on d certs to be scanned and sent?

Tx my pple.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
Does DHL courier cost d same for transcript delivery irrespective of d school? My school asked me to find out from DHL how much d courier will cost? I called and dey told me 18k +. A friend called and they told her 21k+! We both attended d same school!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PresVA: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
Godsaysyes:

Yes,also hold copies of marriage cert, Newspapers publication, affidavit of change of name and a copy of his international passport.
Many thanks. ..

I wanted to confirm if the renewal of passport can be done in Lagos.. because earlier before now, it could only be done in Abuja... cos of the change of name..

so are you saying it can only be done in Abj?

Sorry pls, just need to confirm. . thanks again

Godsaysyes:

Decision is solely yours but if I can advise, I'll say you start right away with your ECA. Regards.
ok, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CanadianEnginee(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hey guys,

I need your advice. Few days ago, I had to get my reference letter from my former employer. The company no longer exist but I had to meet with the CEO to give me a reference letter with the company letterhead. He did not include his website and official email address because they are no longer functional. However, he included his personal email and phone number. I wish to explain all these in my LOE ( letter of explanation). Is there something else I need to do?

BTW, I worked there for 2 years immediately after
my NYSC. I've been in my present place of work for 7 years and can easily get reference letter from them.

Glitterstar
Newmum0615
Canadianfly
Cochrane
Anyone that can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
lovetree:
@emelueobi......still the same issue

Also do not put the currency symbol (e.g. $)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2018
PresVA:

I did not get mine in Abuja in 2016. I got it in Lagos at the passport office in Festac. It however took over a month before I got my new passport (in my husband's name) because they had to scan my documents to Abuja and wait for their authorization before proceeding with the scanning and the rest of it. They said it was their procedure for "change of name" passports - Abuja needs to authorise it . I don't know if the situation has changed now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by phf2be: 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
Engr2000:

Tunde Jamil
2, Jelili street,
Ojo road, Satellite town.
Lagos
Lagos
Nigeria
Jamie@gmail.com

Please get your correct post code from here: https://nigeriapostcodes.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by IykeD(m): 12:39am On Jan 10, 2018
CanadianEnginee:
Hey guys,

I need your advice. Few days ago, I had to get my reference letter from my former employer. The company no longer exist but I had to meet with the CEO to give me a reference letter with the company letterhead. He did not include his website and official email address because they are no longer functional. However, he included his personal email and phone number. I wish to explain all these in my LOE ( letter of explanation). Is there something else I need to do?

BTW, I worked there for 2 years immediately after
my NYSC. I've been in my present place of work for 7 years and can easily get reference letter from them.

Glitterstar
Newmum0615
Canadianfly
Cochrane
Anyone that can help

Get reference letter for the present place of work only to save you all the explanations. It's 7yrs and you just need 3yrs to get max score so you are good. Put the former experience(s) in your personal history.

Goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by doksheritage90: 12:43am On Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys.
Please, i need your advice.
I have been hearing about Canadian PR. I am really confused on what to do in relocating.
Am an Accounting graduate with second class upper degree who started training in an international audit firm in lagos in 2010 as an Audit Associate, after three and half years went to further my studies in forensic accounting in United Kingdom where I gained a master degree and had a merit. After study joined back my firm and was an Audit Senior Associate till i left end of 2016.
Having in total close to 5 years experience in Financial Audit. Moved as an Accountant reporting to the Financial controller in a growing energy servicing firm from late 2016 till date. My wife is a graduate of law and called to bar with over two years experience in Law practice as a legal practitioner also with a masters degree in Management in United Kingdom. We presently have a kid and am 31 years old.
I have researched my eyes out and read everything there is to read. I think I am even more confused. I need to start the process and also want to know our chances on which one gives us a better chance of getting the PR. For those that have done this before, what is your opinion and how long will the process take as am just about to start.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ehiobe: 1:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Hello guys,
I think I am on IP2 in my application. I got a mail from Integration and Foreign Credential Referral Office on how to find a job in canada. Is that a good sign or just a general message they send to everyone?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fabmummy: 1:45am On Jan 10, 2018
PresVA:

No. You don't have to go to Abuja. Did mine in Lagos ikeja office.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 2:10am On Jan 10, 2018
Yes you can start ECA now, and write ielts close to the time you want to enter pool

just wondering if it's advisable for someone intending to apply for the EE next year to start credentials evaluation now?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 2:51am On Jan 10, 2018
doksheritage90:
Hi guys.
Please, i need your advice.
I empathize with you... You hear about New Zealand, Canada, Australia among others and you try to read but get discouraged when you don't have the right content or guidance.

You have come to the right place if only you'd invest time, to read. If you will, please read page 0 of this part 3, then do more time on part 2 and 1. You'd find the links on page 0

See that long story you put up there, it's simply put as you're 31, have a masters and over three years experience. You are a hot cake. If there's any at all, it's just a little more Canada desires more than you... Canada awaits you!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtacycares(m): 3:11am On Jan 10, 2018
Hello beautiful and handsome people of this great room...please i have been following the trends for sometimes now, though i still find it somehow difficult to use nairaland nor follow the trends at a go...please i need someone to educate me on the introduction and step by step to apply for Canadan PR, what and what i should know even the fees am going to pay,because i believe its the best idea for me to know some of this question before embarking on this life changing decision ..please i need the guru to attend to my situation and use less.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 3:25am On Jan 10, 2018
nairalandnewbie:
Hi, thank you for your help but the problem is this:
1. My sister is a contracted staff to the company so her employment letter is carrying her contractor's letter head not the Company she has been contracted out to work with.
2. Her job description has evolved to another role since she started working there but the Contractor(which is her direct employer) has failed to include this updated job description in her reference letter.
The role that's included cannot fetch her any point as it is not relatable to her job description.
Her job description now is NOC 1225 but what is written in her reference letter is 1221
please what can she do? cc @glitteringstar @einsteino, @cochtrane, @40manlappy. Please i need your help
Hi, I see no issues with #1. When filling name of employer, let her fill the Contractor's name. That's her real employer not where she's working.

#2. Did she ever work as 1221? If yes, for how long? If under 3years and that will give her ITA score, let her use the reference letter as it is and move her 1225 to personal history. If the 1221 is less than 3 years but needs the 1225 to shore up ITA score, then LOE to the rescue plus all smslive2 earlier listed. If the 1221 is however 3 years or more, do same as bolded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 3:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Bello321:
This could be of help

IELTS (33) books
This is awesome. Thank you.

cc: GliterringStar, Cochtrane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 4:09am On Jan 10, 2018
Fanyeofori:
Gud pm my pple. Tx to all dat assisted me ystday. So I completed WES payment last night but contrary to expectation, 71k+ (233.91 canadian dollar) was deducted from my account as against 68k! Is dis normal?

A 2nd question, can I edit my details on WES website after payment?

3rdly, how can I make d WES reference number reflects on d certs to be scanned and sent?

Tx my pple.
#1. N71k+ is in order. 68k is for IELTS and not ECA.

#2. Some edits are allowed, you can edit your mailing address and login details for starters. You may need to contact WES (maybe with proof) for other edits.

#3. A number of ways.
i. Rename the document(s) to be sent to show your Name, WES Reference Number and Degree.
ii. Add a cover page (either by adding additional page to be sent or through the hellofax cover page) detailing your reference number.
iii. Attach a very small piece of paper on your certificate(s) with your reference number written on the paper, then scan. Fix the piece on a corner but make sure no lettering or logo on the document is covered.
iv. Combination of some or all of i - iii grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nikkydave: 4:39am On Jan 10, 2018
Bello321:
Hello peeps, anyone seeking to write IELTS kindly DM or quote me for a bunch of materials.
Please send to me. delightfuloty@gmail.com.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 5:48am On Jan 10, 2018
It has not changed, you can process it in Lagos
chizilulu:

I did not get mine in Abuja in 2016. I got it in Lagos at the passport office in Festac. It however took over a month before I got my new passport (in my husband's name) because they had to scan my documents to Abuja and wait for their authorization before proceeding with the scanning and the rest of it. They said it was their procedure for "change of name" passports - Abuja needs to authorise it . I don't know if the situation has changed now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Homguy(m): 6:14am On Jan 10, 2018
Bello321:
Hello,

Does anyone know if paid internships after Nysc count towards work experience for Express Entry(FSW)
Any work experience where you are supervised does not count. Whether paid or unpaid.
This is one reason people in the medical profession cannot quote their highly paid internships as a work experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.