Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297312 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 6:15am On Jan 10, 2018
Please any advice re gating this.

Please help a guy ou

Smile4mee01:
Hello House.

Please a quick one.

I have reached an advanced stage with my Canada Express entry pursuit. My WES evaluation should be ready in less than a month which would enbale me get into the pool. I am also presented with an opportunity to study in the USA, Classes to resume in April 2018.

is it possible to continue my process in the USA? or would i be required to come back home to conclude it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanaghano: 6:25am On Jan 10, 2018
It can be done in Lagos but it takes a longer time. I am actually in the same situation I submitted my documents with my immigration contact in the ikoyi passport office and had to dash to abuja for capturing at the head office here so at to get it in less than a week as i need it urgently for my ielts test form report. Failure to show british council my new passport means my test result coming out on the 19th of this month will be in my maiden name which I do not want. I paid 60k because it was an express application i think the price for normal application is 45k though. To sum it up, it depends on how urgent u need it quote author=Godsaysyes post=64049088]

Yes,also hold copies of marriage cert, Newspapers publication, affidavit of change of name and a copy of his international passport. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanaghano: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2018
I am a newbie so i might be wrong.. i think you can make the application anywhere in the world as long as you ace your ielts and your wes evaluation is completed. Then after getting ITA compiling all your docs like medicals , bank statenets, police report and reference letter might bring you to nigeria to sort out . Then you can return afterwards and await further instructions from CIC. Seniors over to you for corrections where i am wrong.author=Smile4mee01 post=64054045]Please any advice re gating this.

Please help a guy ou

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by suaveurch: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2018
PresVA:
my passport which has my maiden name will be expiring soon and I want to renew it in my husband's surname. ..

Please do I need to go to Abuja for this?

I will really appreciate a response.

No, you don't need to go to Abuja. My wife renewed hers in Lagos. Festac passport office.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 7:04am On Jan 10, 2018
PresVA:
my passport which has my maiden name will be expiring soon and I want to renew it in my husband's surname. ..

Please do I need to go to Abuja for this?

I will really appreciate a response.
No you don't. States can now effect change of name in passport.it used to be Abuja but it has been decentralized.I did mine in ph.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2018
Ideally for post PPR, since you already have your PPR. it's just a matter of them confirming your wife's medicals and her PCC. That's why it usually takes a short time. Some guys even got their PPR and wife's back in less than a month.

Whereas, if you add your wife between AOR and pre PPR, it means they have to re-evaluate your application afresh in light of the changed marital status.

But it all depends on your Visa office. I suppose they are all just human, some wont care one bit while others may even ask for a new POF.

seunfoster:
@ Inception12, are you saying that it takes longer when you add your spouse pre PPR than post PPR? I will like you or anyone to respond because this pre PPR is plan and I would like to know if I should stick to it or not.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 8:06am On Jan 10, 2018
RE: UPCOMING IOM/PLANNING FOR CANADA SESSION IN IBADAN

Apparently, the January 2018 slots got filled up very fast. However, I have been reliably informed that another session has been scheduled for March 6, 2018 and people are already getting invitations. If you have already indicated your interest to IOM for Ibadan and yet to get the notification, try to get in touch with IOM. Even if you are not considered for the referenced date, you can be put on a waiting list for the next one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PresVA: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2018
many thanks to sistaj, suaveurch, fabmummy and chizilulu for your responses to my question. .

much appreciation smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by daremum(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2018
Thank you
sleekysilk:

Congrats daremum.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by daremum(m): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2018
Yes it does.

Bello321:
Hello,

Does anyone know if paid internships after Nysc count towards work experience for Express Entry(FSW)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2018
@Homguy- please be careful with your information, a lot of medical doctors have used their paid internship as work experience and they have gotten copr. CIC only requires that the work experience is paid, and is in either NOC O,A or B.
NOTE: Unpaid work and volunteer work doesn't count as work experience (according to cic website).

Any work experience where you are supervised does not count. Whether paid or unpaid.
This is one reason people in the medical profession cannot quote their highly paid internships as a work experience.[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 8:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Bello321:
Hello,

Does anyone know if paid internships after Nysc count towards work experience for Express Entry(FSW)
Yes it does. I used mine. So far you were paid.
It doesn't count if you weren't paid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by anaxagoras: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2018
can any one guide me on collecting or forwarding my transcript from UNILAG to WES.
any contact details will be helpful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by awuf: 9:09am On Jan 10, 2018
My spouse has a LPG gas plant which is registered and has approval from DPR. We are considering applying for pnp via Saskatchewan OID stream using either 0911 - manufacturing managers or 2243 -Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics.

Please I need advice on how to proceed particularly since it is a privately owned company and started operation in 2014 Dec.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nirany: 9:19am On Jan 10, 2018
Good day E-Family,

Please I would like to confirm if IELTS is a requirement to get a job in Canada, in other words, do the employers ask to see your IELTS result.

Thanks guys

Cc@40manlappy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2018
CanadianEnginee:
Hey guys,

I need your advice. Few days ago, I had to get my reference letter from my former employer. The company no longer exist but I had to meet with the CEO to give me a reference letter with the company letterhead. He did not include his website and official email address because they are no longer functional. However, he included his personal email and phone number. I wish to explain all these in my LOE ( letter of explanation). Is there something else I need to do?

BTW, I worked there for 2 years immediately after
my NYSC. I've been in my present place of work for 7 years and can easily get reference letter from them.

Glitterstar
Newmum0615
Canadianfly
Cochrane
Anyone that can help

If you’re able to get the letter for the 7 year employment, you don’t need the previous one and you can put that under your personal history. 7 years is more than enough to get you maximum points which requires you to have maximum work experience of 3 years in the last 10 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Kontagious:
I empathize with you... You hear about New Zealand, Canada, Australia among others and you try to read but get discouraged when you don't have the right content or guidance.

You have come to the right place if only you'd invest time, to read. If you will, please read page 0 of this part 3, then do more time on part 2 and 1. You'd find the links on page 0

See that long story you put up there, it's simply put as you're 31, have a masters and over three years experience. You are a hot cake. If there's any at all, it's just a little more Canada desires more than you... Canada awaits you!

In addition, if it happens his wife is even younger than 31 and evaluates her law degree with IQAS, see how CRS will reach the roof...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2018
Hi, Please are you aware of any session in Abuja?

[quote author=40manlappy post=64056313][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2018
You don't need to bother with getting reference letter for the 2 year work experience if you can easily get an appropriate NOC for the 7 year experience. It is more than enough to meet the requirement for work experience. Except it falls under NOC C.
Cheers.
CanadianEnginee:
Hey guys,

I need your advice. Few days ago, I had to get my reference letter from my former employer. The company no longer exist but I had to meet with the CEO to give me a reference letter with the company letterhead. He did not include his website and official email address because they are no longer functional. However, he included his personal email and phone number. I wish to explain all these in my LOE ( letter of explanation). Is there something else I need to do?

BTW, I worked there for 2 years immediately after
my NYSC. I've been in my present place of work for 7 years and can easily get reference letter from them.

Glitterstar
Newmum0615
Canadianfly
Cochrane
Anyone that can help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:58am On Jan 10, 2018
I am not sure this information you have given is correct. CIC only stipulates that your job be paid and not volunteer type and also falls within NOC 0, A or B. If you were paid as an intern and you worked over 30-35 hours a week, I don't see why you can't use that experience. Come to think of it, NYSC job that people are using for EE application upandan, isn't it some type of internship? Didn't you have a supervisor as a corp member?So as I am a team lead like this, and I still have a supervisor, shey I cannot use my experience too? undecided
Homguy:
Any work experience where you are supervised does not count. Whether paid or unpaid.
This is one reason people in the medical profession cannot quote their highly paid internships as a work experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 10:17am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=Godsaysyes post=64049088]

Yes,also hold copies of marriage cert, Newspapers publication, affidavit of change of name and a copy of his international passport. [/quote
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by deeore: 10:18am On Jan 10, 2018
Deebay:

Congratulations. This is beautiful. Pls have you booked your tickets before now as you said you hope to land end of Feb. Asking cos of how close we are to Feb as relating to availability of tickets and prices. Thanks

my dear I haven't booked tickets o, its still a bit high as I intend to make a detour in the u.s for 2weeks before I eventually settle in Canada. I am checking though, am sure it would drop a bit by mid January when people that came for xmas have returned back abroad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2018
Yes, You can continue the process from USA. You dont have to come back to Nigeria for anything, its only PCC that you would need from Nigeria post ITA, of which someone can get it for you.

Smile4mee01:
Please any advice re gating this.

Please help a guy ou

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2018
No, this is not a requirement.

nirany:
Good day E-Family,

Please I would like to confirm if IELTS is a requirement to get a job in Canada, in other words, do the employers ask to see your IELTS result.

Thanks guys

Cc@40manlappy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2018
May ITA fall on a good number of all hopefuls. We need this thread to come alive today. I am waiting to start dishing out congratulations later today. CIC, please don't dull us.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by papi7: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2018
This is very useful, thank you thank you, you far too kind.

1GhanaMan:
This link has loads of real looking IELTS tests with answers for practice. Most are in the academic format but the handful General IELTS tests is very helpful. For listening, academic and general are same so no wahala with that.

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olha: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2018
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
This is to inform the house that IELTS fee will be increased to 75K from May, 2018. May God let us make 8777 before then

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by threadstone(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2018
Olha:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
This is to inform the house that IELTS fee will be increased to 75K from May, 2018. May God let us make 8777 before then

haaaaaaaaaaaa. how true is this?? though its a marginal increase compared to the last one but thats an extra 7k that can be used for something else sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wholesomegrace: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2018
Olha:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

God pass them, the same grace when they increased from 52k to 68k will be made available. Very annoying something. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CannyDoll: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone, this is my first time commenting although I have been reading the thread from part 1. I will like to say thank you for all the information provided on this thread and the encouraging words, I pray the Lord bless you all and grant all our heart desires. I just received my WES report yesterday after a very very long wait, I plan on re-writing IELTS in February as I got L7.5 R8 W7 S7 in the last exams (so close)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2018
CannyDoll:
Hello everyone, this is my first time commenting although I have been reading the thread from part 1. I will like to say thank you for all the information provided on this thread and the encouraging words, I pray the Lord bless you all and grant all our heart desires. I just received my WES report yesterday after a very very long wait, I plan on re-writing IELTS in February as I got L7.5 R8 W7 S7 in the last exams (so close)

Congratulations on your ECA completion. I wish you the very best with IELTS in February.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2018
koonlay5:
Hi, Please are you aware of any session in Abuja?

There should be. Shared a timetable recently that included Abuja. Please check my previous posts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.