Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1293619 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2018
Hi threemg, your OND+HND combo is enough to give your points for 2 or more certificates. I am not sure if adding your BEng will incur more cost if WES hasn't started processing your report, but why go thru the hassles if no point will be added to you. UK degrees are processed quickly. Mine was. I am not sure they even verified it cos once they received my transcript from the school, my profile changed to 'Accepted'. I don't have an answer for your last question.
Good luck.
Threemg:
Great fam, so sorry to bring up this, it's actually because of the urgency. Please I want to add my BEng Certificate to my "Almost concluded" HND & OND Transcript for WES to evaluate.
1. Please is there any cost implication on this?

2. How soon and fast do WES Evaluate and conclude UK BEng Transcripts

3. Will UK Top up programme enjoin same point as 3-year Bachelor degree as specified by CIC??

Thanks so much for your urgent response.
GOD bless us all. Amen.

cc @glitteringstar @newmumm @mcstan @Cochtrane @boldinc @bbaby et al

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

You can raise CSE to be on the safe side.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by titiclassy: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2018
Olha:
Its advisable to only evaluate the highest qualification if its just BSc and Msc/MBA. If you evaluate the two you will only get point for one certificate.

Many Thanks Olha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wildchild02: 11:02am On Jan 12, 2018
which is best to register for? WES CANADA OR WES USA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArabianRose(f): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2018
finally! i finished reading smiley ..good morning

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArabianRose(f): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum Hi smiley
Newmum0615:
Hi threemg, your OND+HND combo is enough to give your points for 2 or more certificates. I am not sure if adding your BEng will incur more cost if WES hasn't started processing your report, but why go thru the hassles if no point will be added to you. UK degrees are processed quickly. Mine was. I am not sure they even verified it cos once they received my transcript from the school, my profile changed to 'Accepted'. I don't have an answer for your last question.
Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2018
dfanz:
My employment letter was not 'not in line'. It did not match adequately to satisfy the VO.

so sorry for drawing u back but I wanted to know d stage at which your application was refused I.e was it at ip1,NA2 or ip2.pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum0615:
Please don't. I am assuming that you have a JD. Take a look at it if available and try looking at it side by side with the NOC. Try to reword what it listed there to suit what you do and add other details of your JD that's not listed. I'm also assuming that your HR can write accordingly.

Okay, thanks!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2018
happytbaby:
No please.

Sit down and think of all the things you do on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, write them in your own words, you may ask colleagues with same role for their CV to help jog your memory. Then look at the NOC you want to use and match each duty to the role description of your NOC.

Your duties must cover at least 75% of the NOC and the lead statement must describe your job function.

Noted. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Meoos: 11:20am On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum0615:
Good luck.

Hi Newmum, good morning. Please I sent you a DM, need your guidance. Please help reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:20am On Jan 12, 2018
Kontagious:
Copy and paste is not so advisable. Paraphrase instead, remove one or two (that does not apply to you), add two or three of what you do that isn't already listed.

Alright, I'll do that. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:20am On Jan 12, 2018
kiss
ArabianRose:
Newmum Hi smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2018
talltosyne:
Good morning all, is there any architect here who has pass through the express entry or PNP. Was a license required for application?

You don't need to be an MNIA or ARCON member to live your dream in Canada. Infact, begin to think of getting yourself accredited by CACB and research on your province of intent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks a bunch Sis, GBU

Newmum0615:
Just the total balance I have and when i opened the account. Also states that I am liberty to withdraw the money because I have kept it for a certain time period as stipulated by the T & Cs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
Threemg:

No! It's either of these combinations:
OND+HND+BSc or
OND+BSc or
HND+BSc

That's what someone said so I'm kinda confused here

Two or more certs could also be OND + HND, if you are evaluating with Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2018
wildchild02:
which is best to register for? WES CANADA OR WES USA?

Are you going to Canada OR USA?
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Meoos: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
Peaceful2016:
I started writing this in faith on 22 Aug. 17 when my application was just 21 days cos I wanted to highlight the grey areas in my application. Plus, I didn’t want to forget anything when the joy and excitement of PPR set in.
1) Date of Birth discrepancy on Transcript and WES – I got an Affidavit to explain that the discrepancy was an error from the University and that my correct date of Birth was clearly stated on my Birth certificate and Int’l passport which I attached.
2) Various names used on my documents i.e. maiden name vs married name – I had done a newspaper change of name after marriage but I never got around to changing the name on my int’l passport because the process was longer when I got married. I got a one and the same Person affidavit to clearly state that the both names should be considered as variations of my name and not name changes.
3) My passport is in my maiden name and had exactly 6 months validity at the point of submitting my application. I applied for a new one (still in my maiden name Cos I didn’t want any delay) and uploaded to CIC via a CSE
4) Details entered for Education and Work History for my spouse before ITA were moved to Personal History post ITA – I moved it cos I didn’t do ECA for my spouse plus we didn’t bother to get a reference letter from his employers. I included in my letter of explanation that the required documents were not available currently
5) Proof of funds was in a joint account – I attached a letter of consent from my spouse
6) Birthday occurred between ITA and AOR. This should have taken my CRS score below the minimum score for the round i got ITA for. However, It didn't affect our application, I guess they applied the exemption policy here
7)Asides from my Letter of explanation, I Included a cover letter for the various sections I felt needed some explanation and also to make it tidy e.g. proof of funds, work experience, education (cause of 2 above) etc.

Finally, I would like to say that no two applications are the same. What applies for one may not apply for the next person. Feel free to ask me questions I will answer to the best of my knowledge

Congrats Sis!! Sent you a DM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Meoos: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
Peaceful2016:
I started writing this in faith on 22 Aug. 17 when my application was just 21 days cos I wanted to highlight the grey areas in my application. Plus, I didn’t want to forget anything when the joy and excitement of PPR set in.
1) Date of Birth discrepancy on Transcript and WES – I got an Affidavit to explain that the discrepancy was an error from the University and that my correct date of Birth was clearly stated on my Birth certificate and Int’l passport which I attached.
2) Various names used on my documents i.e. maiden name vs married name – I had done a newspaper change of name after marriage but I never got around to changing the name on my int’l passport because the process was longer when I got married. I got a one and the same Person affidavit to clearly state that the both names should be considered as variations of my name and not name changes.
3) My passport is in my maiden name and had exactly 6 months validity at the point of submitting my application. I applied for a new one (still in my maiden name Cos I didn’t want any delay) and uploaded to CIC via a CSE
4) Details entered for Education and Work History for my spouse before ITA were moved to Personal History post ITA – I moved it cos I didn’t do ECA for my spouse plus we didn’t bother to get a reference letter from his employers. I included in my letter of explanation that the required documents were not available currently
5) Proof of funds was in a joint account – I attached a letter of consent from my spouse
6) Birthday occurred between ITA and AOR. This should have taken my CRS score below the minimum score for the round i got ITA for. However, It didn't affect our application, I guess they applied the exemption policy here
7)Asides from my Letter of explanation, I Included a cover letter for the various sections I felt needed some explanation and also to make it tidy e.g. proof of funds, work experience, education (cause of 2 above) etc.

Finally, I would like to say that no two applications are the same. What applies for one may not apply for the next person. Feel free to ask me questions I will answer to the best of my knowledge

Congrats Sis!! Sent you a message, an email. Just for a guide.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello is there a different body for assessing architects or can one just use WES. Would appreciate a reply
olajide21:

You don't need to be an MNIA or ARCON member to live your dream in Canada. Infact, begin to think of getting yourself accredited by CACB and research on your province of intent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Algbenguze: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2018
Guys, pls has anyone here successfully claimed the 15 points for having a sibling in Canada? If yes, did your birth certificate contain names of your parents?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Meoos: 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
Peaceful2016:

Congrats Sis!! Sent you a message, an email. Just for a troubling question, please reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
What did it say? Was it of any use? Did it set your application back in motion? Sorry for the plenty questions.

Peaceful2016:

Yes I ordered gcms notes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
I had just two years so I decide to add my NYSC to make it 3, I also had to max out my ielts score, meaning you have to get a minimum of 8,8.5,7,7 in lrsw. I am less than 30yrs by the way. My score was 441 and that was the highest I could attain.

You can also try to write the french test if you understand french.

Goodluck

ujay77:
Good morning all,please I just have a Bsc and two years working experience. I have used the calculator and the score is still very low .Please has anyone with just a bsc scaled through share your experience and possible ways to increase my scores

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Hello,

Follow the steps below to link your application:

* Sign in to your account (the new one).

* Click on "Link application to this account".

* Select the category-Permanent Residence and sub-category

* Then select the family name, given name and date of birth option.

* Fill your family name (surname), given name and date of birth.

* Fill other personal info and passport information.

* DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.

* Your application will be found and will be linked.

To raise CSE, use this-----http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Thank you GS but I'm talking about linking my express entry profile (not a Post-ITA submitted application) to a newly created GCKey username and password..

Do you think the the above procedure that you suggested will work for my EE profile scenario.

It will surely end in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Peaceful2016(f): 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
Abbylee:
What did it say? Was it of any use? Did it set your application back in motion? Sorry for the plenty questions.

I don't know if it set it in motion cos I requested in November and it was generated that same November but I didn't see any movement till January. But the reviewing officers comment from the notes gave me some form of peace and comfort that my application was fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Peaceful2016(f): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
Meoos:

Congrats Sis!! Sent you a message, an email. Just for a troubling question, please reply.
I replied you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
mosbiod:

Are you going to Canada OR USA?
undecided

Hahahahahahahaha going to CanAmerica

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
TEECANN:

Thank you GS but I'm talking about linking my express entry profile (not a Post-ITA submitted application) to a newly created GCKey username and password..

Do you think the the above procedure that you suggested will work for my EE profile scenario.

It will surely end in praise IJN!

Yes. It will work.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by barbz06: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
DOB is clearly stated on IQAS evaluation report.

needy:

Am having similar case of date of birth issue and the year gap is about 2yrs. Am considering using IQAS since the evaluation report does not carry DOB. Please what's your advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
Peaceful2016:
Thank you.
I didn't go through SINP but I was planning to before scores started dropping in 2017. I also know a couple of people that got SINP nomination
Your degree has to be related to your NOC.
For example, You can't use a microbiology bsc alone to get nomination for a finance related NOC... You may scale through if u have another degree (masters, ond, pgd) or certification (ACCA, ican, etc) that's finance related

Thank you.

True...you have said it all!

A bsc microbiology with work experience in finance may have to show ACCA/ICAN, MBA in addition. He can't use B.sc microbiology alone in relation to a job description in finance.

God bless you, it is ending in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Omomabo: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
I got points for it and both parent's names were on our birth certificates.

If yours doesn't you can try to get other documents to show relationship. Furthermore, chances are your sister/ brother declared you as a sibling when filing for PR- so they will double check this information before confirming it as correct.

Algbenguze:
Guys, pls has anyone here successfully claimed the 15 points for having a sibling in Canada? If yes, did your birth certificate contain names of your parents?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by RuggedArab: 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2018
Kontagious:
Are you aware if your friend has submitted his application? If not, he needs to recalculate his CRS as a married applicant, then do the needful (Reject or Accept ITA). His wife's name as it is bares no negative implication. He can proceed, leave it at that through the application or proceed as is, then raise a CSE to provide the renewed password during the application.

Thank you Kontagious.

He has recalculated and still fall above the cutoff. I want to ask you this; they have done the court marriage process and have their marriage cert but the white wedding has not been fixed. I hope uploading the court marriage cert and pictures will be okay?

NB: Your moniker is "Kontagious" really grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.