Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297268 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
Saintp:

Nothing much. Just wasn't ready for the verification wahala with WES.

My ECA was ready in just 2 weeks from the time WES received my transcript. In fact, they sent request for verification to my school 2 days after they acknowledged receipt of my transcript. I wonder why people get paranoid over this verification thing.
In general, WES to me remains the more efficient body in terms of delivery timeline except for particular instances where they're not preferred for a favorable evaluation, like law

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Yes. It will work.

Thanks GS

But there's still a BUT...I went through all the motions of the procedure one by one (skipping the portion asking for city of birth and country of birth) and entering in my details diligently but at the end when I clicked on "Link Application to the account", it returned a verdict that no profile matching the details entered can be found.

I tried again for about 3 different times (because the form told me I can try only 5 times within a 24 hours window) and when I kept getting the same result, a raised a CSE web form and successfully submitted same.

Keeping my fingers crossed as I honestly do not want to create a new profile at all (which may be my very last last option)

Thank you once again. I'll keep you posted.

It will all end in praise IJN!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by EngrKen8(m): 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello house. Greetings to all.
Quick question, if my COPR states a different city destination from the one I intend going to, do I need to call someone about it? For example if it says Regina and I intend on going to Toronto
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
nairalandnewbie:
Hello is there a different body for assessing architects or can one just use WES. Would appreciate a reply

WES would assess your credentials for EE while CACB would assess your qualification as an Architect. Check www.cacb.ca
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dokxavi: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2018
Please can medical certificates be sent for MCC ECA via hellofax as is being done for WES ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Drmedical: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
dokxavi:
Please can medical certificates be sent for MCC ECA via hellofax ap
s is being done for WES ECA.
Dokxavi please let's connect please am begging, I created a thread for step by step for medical degree evaluation with MCC

Please can you comment and explain please, help a follow doctor please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
Thank you but the CACB assessment is after one is a resident right i.e it is not necessary for the EE application
olajide21:

WES would assess your credentials for EE while CACB would assess your qualification as an Architect. Check www.cacb.ca
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2018
nairalandnewbie:
Thank you but the CACB assessment is after one is a resident right i.e it is not necessary for the EE application

Not necessary for the EE process. But you can start the preliminary stages once you are deep into the application process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
dokxavi:
Please can medical certificates be sent for MCC ECA via hellofax as is being done for WES ECA.

No it cannot.

Even your personal documents have to be legalized/notarized and couriered to MCC. Then, depending on your school, your transcripts will either be sent to MCC after MCC contacts them by regular post, or your degree will be verified electronically.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
dokxavi:
u can send ur degree certificate to MCC via email, but the rest must be by paper mail(I.e passport, certification form, marriage certificate if applicable etc)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lordnath(m): 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Dear Friends, I'm happy to announce my PPR after 178 days. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this amazing forum. It all started here and I'm delighted to return here with my victory speech.

The following are some things to note about my application

* I submitted my application on deadline day
* 100% POF was gifted and it was transferred by my brother a day before submission
* I submitted 5 LOEs to explain everything that wasn't straight
* I was interviewed in London and moved to IP2 afterwards

My advice to new applicants

* Before submitting your application, sit back and judge for yourself. If something doesn't look straight, use the LOEs to your advantage
* You can do it without consultancy help. Just research widely and ask questions.
* Interview request doesn't mean your application is complicated, in my case I was called to discuss settlement plans. Interviewer quelled my fears from the start by saying my application was great.
* Order GCMS notes
* If you find yourself in London VO, don't panic. Just ensure you get busy in other aspects of life and refrain from worrying over status of your application. They take their time in London VO as you'll see in my timeline.

I'll update this list as I recall other points.

Timeline

Profile Created: April 14, 2017
ITA: April 19
AOR: July 18
Medicals Passed: July 28
IP1: July 28
NA2: July 31
FTD London VO: Sept 18
Interview Request: Nov 8
Interview Attended: Dec 12
IP2: Dec 12
PPR: Jan 12, 2018
Passport Sent: Jan 15
Approval: Jan 17
Passport & COPR Returned: Jan 19
Landed: Feb 15
Became PR: Feb 15

Thanks to all members of the London Gang on WhatsApp, we've been like a family during the harrowing wait. I can't wait to celebrate those still waiting. To all PR holders, prospectives and Canada hopefuls, i wish you the very best.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congratulations
Lordnath:
Dear Friends, I'm happy to announce my PPR after 178 days. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this amazing forum. It all started here and I'm delighted to return here with my victory speech.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dannyko: 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2018
Lordnath:
Dear Friends, I'm happy to announce my PPR after 178 days.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congrats. Speedy COPR to you.
Lordnath:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by constyconsty: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
I came here today to thank all nairalanders.

I am a silent reader but all your advises help me too much.
My timeline
ITA........ 4 october 2017
AOR....... 1 december 2017
Medical ... 6 december 2017
ADR RPRF... 2nd january 2018
RPRF PAID ...3DR january but failled with visa card deduction / I raise CSE about it until today no reimbursement
RPRF PAID 2nd time ......... 4th january / successful
ppr ..........9th january.

Please I need your help concerning my ppr letter come inside my CIC account. The letter has 5 pages. It said that my application for permanent residence is in the final step and said that I will follow theses steps in 30 days:
STEP1: CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES
They said that I need signal if there is change on my family composition or address

STEP2: PREPARATION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
They asked to show all this documents:

1- passports (12 months validity)
2- pictures
3- medical exam
4- IMM5669 form IMM5562 (LIST OF TRAVELS)
5- IMM 5604 FORM (IF NECESSARY)
6- POLICE CERTIFICATE (If didn't submit )
7- RPRF

STEP3: SUBMISSION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS

They advise me to use DHL or VFS global to submit my passports and pictures.

Note: I am in Cameroon my local visa office is Dakar.

Now my questions
1- I need to fill the family form if there is no change inside my family composition?
2- my spouse passport will expire on june 2018. there is problem if I use it? it is to difficult to passport now in my country. Somebody experienced this situation? Dakar asked 12 months validity.
3- Is-it compulsory to resubmit IMM5669 form IMM5562 (LIST OF TRAVELS)?
3- I thing that my letter is to long. somebody had this type of letter?

THANKS TO ALL. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2018
TEECANN:

Thanks GS

But there's still a BUT...I went through all the motions of the procedure one by one (skipping the portion asking for city of birth and country of birth) and entering in my details diligently but at the end when I clicked on "Link Application to the account", it returned a verdict that no profile matching the details entered can be found.

I tried again for about 3 different times (because the form told me I can try only 5 times within a 24 hours window) and when I kept getting the same result, a raised a CSE web form and successfully submitted same.

I don't know why it didn't work. Note that your "given name" is your first name and middle name and also note that it is case sensitive. You can use a different browser too. I hope they respond soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congratulations

constyconsty:

My timeline
RPRF PAID ...3DR january but failled with visa card deduction / I raise CSE about it until today no reimbursement
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congratulations! @Lordnath and @Constyconsty

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2018
constyconsty:

My timeline

Good Speed.. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimz89: 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good evening everyone. Please I noticed that in my ee profile, my baby's name is not showing as a dependant. No place to fill his information,only my husband's name is showing. Is this normal? Or do I need to do something about it before ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
Bimz89:
Good evening everyone. Please I noticed that in my ee profile, my baby's name is not showing as a dependant. No place to fill his information,only my husband's name is showing. Is this normal? Or do I need to do something about it before ITA?
it's normal, will show after ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2018
Hello my people, who has used GTB to make payment in the past one week for anything Canadian? I want to confirm their CAD rate please.

Secondly if I want to pay my Cost Recovery fees and RPRF(upfront) which comes to a total of $2,230, how much should I credit my account with assuming I can even accommodate that amount?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimz89: 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks @sugaro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2018
Newmum0615:
Hello my people, who has used GTB to make payment in the past one week for anything Canadian? I want to confirm their CAD rate please.

Secondly if I want to pay my Cost Recovery fees and RPRF(upfront) which comes to a total of $2,230, how much should I credit my account with assuming I can even accommodate that amount?
the rates keep changing. As at Wednesday online converter gave me $1800 for 2230cad. I used first bank card and I was charged $1866. Just load like $2000 if it's a dollar card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Weezybaby: 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2018
barbz06:
DOB is clearly stated on IQAS evaluation report.

is there a good solution to this discrepancy issue cos I seem to be in his shoes. As well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by yokus(f): 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congrats @Lordnath and @Constyconsty. My brother also got his Ppr today
Ita Sept 6th, 2017
AOR Sept 8th
Adr- request letter designated individual sept 18th
Adr submitted -Sept 19th
Medicals passed- sept 20th
IP1-sept 20
NA- Oct 6th
We do not need additional doc and getting a job advise- Oct 31st
London visa office- Nov 2nd
IP2- jan 12
PPR- jan12
Pssp sent - jan 12

My friend too AOR- August 2nd London Visa office also
Requested gcms notes for both applications 2weeks ago.
Congrats to everyone that got Ppr and ita since the last time i was on the thread. God will bless and favour us all.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
GlitteringStar:

I don't know why it didn't work. Note that your "given name" is your first name and middle name and also note that it is case sensitive. You can use a different browser too. I hope they respond soon.

Yes. My given name is My first name and my middle name (I'll check about the case sensitivity)

I'll try Explorer as a change of browser too.

Thank you.

It's ending in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks. I have to start looking for a dollar card then. I was thinking I could use my GTB naira debit card. cry
sweetrie:
the rates keep changing. As at Wednesday online converter gave me $1800 for 2230cad. I used first bank card and I was charged $1866. Just load like $2000 if it's a dollar card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Trueigbo: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
hello everyone

i want to apply for PR. someone adviced me to use immigration lawyers...i have a family of 6.

please advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2018
Thank you
olajide21:

Not necessary for the EE process. But you can start the preliminary stages once you are deep into the application process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
Trueigbo:
hello everyone

i want to apply for PR. someone adviced me to use immigration lawyers...i have a family of 6.

please advice

Who needs immigration lawyers when there's a resource like this?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.