Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1293983 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Aduraleke: 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2018
Gud day everyone in d house. I have this question to ask. Can one process the immigration to Canada thru the Federal Skills worker all alone without going thru the Immigration Agents, Firms and Lawyers?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2018
GlitteringStar:

You are good to go with the soft copy.

How is document gathering going GS??..
Trust you're smashing the process as always. God bless our hustle and crown all the efforts with success. wink

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2018
Trueigbo:

Thank you...i want to start the process. What do i need to do first

Read the thread from page 0, evaluate your highest degree(s), sit for IELTS and score a minimum of 8777 in LRWS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
LausDeo:
Hi people. I had plans to go for my MBA in Canada as a route for migrating. I plan to do that in 2019. However, someone just informed me that my chances are good with EE. My question is, if EE doesn't work, can it affect my chances with the Post Graduate route in any way?

It won't. They are mutually exclusive events.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dokxavi: 5:55pm On Jan 13, 2018
Gurus and Chairmen in the house,you've been so helpful.
Please I have a few questions.

1. Can I be enlightened on how nurses with RN,RM qualifications from Nigerian schools of nursing do ECA for Canadian express entry.

2. Which is the easiest ECA agency for RN,RM in terms of most favourable assessment? WES or IQAS?

3. Do RN,RM meet educational criteria for Canadian express entry?

4. Is there any Nigerian nurse here with RN,RM who has successfully got ITA or PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boombabe: 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
GlitteringStar:

What is your husband's highest qualification?
Masters degree,one year masters degree program
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2018
mosbiod:

How is document gathering going GS??..
Trust you're smashing the process as always. God bless our hustle and crown all the efforts with success. wink

Amen!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2018
boombabe:

Masters degree,one year masters degree program

Your husband should be the Principal Applicant. He will need to retake his IELTS test and aim to score a minimum of 8777 in LRWS. Calculate your projected CRS score here. Read the links on page 0 for more details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ekinado: 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
KayVann:
Dear Nairaland family,
Silent reader in the house, I just thought to share my story as I have been so inspired by the posts on this forum. My Canadian journey started in 2015 when I wanted to further my education, 3 times my study permit was declined because of the most ridiculous reasons. I started pursing express entry actively in 2016, wrote IELTS 4 times, has great scores but my writing kept reading 6.5. After my 4th attempt, I requested for a remark in which my writing score was reviewed to a 7, with that, I was able to secure ITA.
Below is my timeline
ITA 7th August
AOR 24th August
Medicals passed 3rd September
IP 1 3rd September
Na2. 9th September
Adr 6th December
Ip2 6th December
Adr submitted 14th December
PPR 12th January.
Family of 4.

My application was not perfect but God covered it, I used a fixed deposit and I applied as a business owner (partnership to be precise). I had to show proof of business with proof of work done, receipts, pictures and written notes from clients, I turned in our company account bank statement as well. The Adr was for me to provide tax clearance certificates for the companies. This is just to say, self employed have no issues with express entry as long as you can prove the legitimacy of your business.
It's been a long and excruciating journey but God gave me the grace to sail through with losing my elements, I am extremely grateful to the Almighty God.
Never give up on your dreams, with God all things are possible and he makes all things beautiful in his time. Thank you all for the information freely shared on this forum, may God reward you all with your hearts desire.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:35pm On Jan 13, 2018
You don't need hard copy for anything. There is no difference between the soft copy and hard copy. They just scanned the hard copy to you grin.
DadR:

Yes, am aware I would need a soft copy and copies of the credentials I evaluated. I have a soft copy (PDF) which WES sent to me but the hardcopy (which I believe is more detailed) was delivered to the US. So my question is, is the soft copy I have sufficient to get PPR.

Thanks

cc: @newwunmi0615, glitteringstars, other gurus in d house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by talltosyne: 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2018
olajide21:

You don't need to be an MNIA or ARCON member to live your dream in Canada. Infact, begin to think of getting yourself accredited by CACB and research on your province of intent.

Thanks. We want to go through PNP, and most province requires u having a license before u can be nominated. Age is not favouring my husband who is expected to be d principal.

I just used the CRS calculator now, my hubby as d PA, I got 391, while with me as D PA, I got 444. And my profession is not regulated. I think I ll apply and I ll be d PA.

Pls can we use my hubby Statement of Account?

Cc Newmum0615
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2018
Thanks. I am quite scared of GTB and their charges. I will make enquiries next week from both banks.
CanadianEnginee:
It would be better for you to get a dollar Mastercard from GTB. Annual maintenance fee and charges is $38. You can get dollars at cheaper rates from the mallams to fund your dollar account. No charges for online transactions . BTW, dollar rate from aboki is 363 (c$290), gtb would charge you (c$ 300) . Access bank charged my colleague 298 naira to a cad$.

If you can get the dollar Mastercard, it would be better for you because you may use it for your flight payment.

Newmum0615
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2018
talltosyne:

Thanks. We want to go through PNP, and most province requires u having a license before u can be nominated. Age is not favouring my husband who is expected to be d principal.

I just used the CRS calculator now, my hubby as d PA, I got 391, while with me as D PA, I got 444. And my profession is not regulated. I think I ll apply and I ll be d PA.

Cc Newmum0615
There are some ways round it.
1. Have your hubby transfer the money to you since you are yet to get ITA (I guess). Let the money sit in your account for 6 months and you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by talltosyne: 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2018
olajide21:

1. Have your hubby transfer the money to you since you are yet to get ITA (I guess). Let the money sit in your account for 6 months and you are good to go.

Thanks so much for d prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Cherokee(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2018
Cherokee:
One with an ND, HND & PGD. Please, which of the combination should he evaluate? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
olajide21:

I don't think they have to wait for 6months, the husband can write an LOE in favor of the transfer,besides Cic Says the money can be in either of the spouse account but shd be accessible to the PA, .

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2018
Newmum0615:
Thanks. I am quite scared of GTB and their charges. I will make enquiries next week from both banks.
I used gtb dollar card and they charged $1032.2 USD, for $1250 CAD .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2018
Sugaro:
I don't think they have to wait for 6months, the husband can write an LOE in favor of the transfer,besides Cic Says the money can be in either of the spouse account but shd be accessible to the PA, .

Good...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2018
I am not sure about this at all.
ken1982:
pls any gateways for nurses?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boldinc(m): 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
It should be fine... Maybe your hubby can add an LOE stating he is willing to use the funds for the immigration purpose.

ODBae:
(Hello Boldinic, thanks for this information. I need a little clarification on this. I am the PA, but plan to use a letter from hubby's cooperative as part of our POF. Is this allowed)

Hi DadR... The letter was very plain and simple. It just stated that she was a member of the society and also the exact amount of money she had... That's all.

Only the letter was submitted along side her personal statement of account which did not have much... no statement of deposit to cooperative was submitted.

They were not contacted by IRCC to the best of knowledge...

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
This is noted.

Thank you.

Newmum0615:
You don't need hard copy for anything. There is no difference between the soft copy and hard copy. They just scanned the hard copy to you grin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
Of course you can use your husband's funds. He can transfer the money to you and provide you with a consent letter/affidavit showing that you are allowed to use the funds for immigration purposes. The money does not need to be in your account for 6 months like someone earlier advised. Please don't let that stop you from entering the pool if you are done with ECA & IELTS. CIC only requires that funds in your spouse acct be accessible to you. IMO, the consent letter/affidavit takes care of that.
talltosyne:

Cc Newmum0615
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boldinc(m): 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2018
Yes you can... It worked for me.

ENGRDUDU89:
Hello friends,
Can someone help me with this, I want to use the money from my cooperative society as my POF and also submit my six months bank account statement with it.Is it okay? Do I need to add any other information or documents?
I need your suggestions guys
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
You dont need to wait for 6months before you apply or get the money transferred from his account. Once your hubby gives consent that's good enough. Obviously the money has been in his account for a while.

talltosyne:

Thanks so much for d prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Thebushboy1: 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Convert your IELTS scores to the equivalent CLB Level (Check attached to convert).

Step 2: Calculate the points for each CLB Level.

Step 3: Add up the points.

Using your score as an example, the equivalent CLB Level for S 6.5, L 6.5, R 8.5, W 7 is CLB 8, CLB 7, CLB 10 and CLB 9 respectively. Next, calculate the points for each (5, 4, 6 and 6) and add up which will give 21 points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html

Thank you so much Madam. God Bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bxcode(m): 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
Amakyzuu:

Yes, they made provisions in my venue in PH...
Please where is the venue in PH?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by LausDeo(m): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2018
It won't affect you in anyway because both processes are mutually exclusive.

Cheers

Thank you very much

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.