Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295228 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smileymum: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2018
Thanks dearie.
happytbaby:
Pele Smileymum, I kind of figured you were not into tech, I wanted to actually respond to Emmasonic that he was being too harsh but remembered my personal resolution not to ever get into any quarrels on Nairaland and kept quiet. grin smiley smiley.

Happy its sorted, do not worry about the watermark at the bottom, its not an issue.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:08am On Jan 19, 2018
Welicomu

smileymum:
Thanks dearie.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2018
smileymum:
Emmasonic, I was having issues with downloading the app. But I was able to do it last night. But it's the free version and it keeps showing Camscanner at the bottom of the page. But I will be using it that way. Thanks. E ma binu. I am not a techie person so I am slow with these things.

It's okay. Am glad it's all sorted out now. I feel it would have been better to share the particular challenges you face in implementing the recommendations. You would have gotten more specific step-by-step procedure.

All the same, I wish you a smooth sail from here on till the end. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2018
happytbaby:
Pele Smileymum, I kind of figured you were not into tech, I wanted to actually respond to Emmasonic that he was being too harsh but remembered my personal resolution not to ever get into any quarrels on Nairaland and kept quiet. grin smiley smiley.

Happy its sorted, do not worry about the watermark at the bottom, its not an issue.

What exactly is too harsh in the question I asked her? Or you just wanted to make a mountain out of a molehill?

Thank God for your personal resolution to stay out of quarrel. The last time I checked, I can't remember making such resolution for myself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nazor83: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2018
happytbaby:
When he applied for PR, did he list you as a sibling?

yes he did ' Happytbaby. I am only worried because of the different surnames.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2018
Go to the following site and type in your email and ref number. I've already got mine.
LSRW...8.5,7.5,7.5,8
Team 438, here we come

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidatePortal.aspx#

ribaby:
results are not out yet. Perhaps the pass rate was too much for them to handle hence the delay. It will surely end in praise..

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:35am On Jan 19, 2018
Please let's not start anything here this morning. We are waiting for IELTS result news today. She only made a comment. Let it slide biko.
Emmasonic4me:

What exactly is too harsh in the question I asked her? Or you just wanted to make a mountain out of a molehill?

Thank God for your personal resolution to stay out of quarrel. The last time I checked, I can't remember making such resolution for myself.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olha: 9:42am On Jan 19, 2018
result not found
Inception12:
Go to the following site and type in your email and ref number. I've already got mine.
LSRW...8.5,7.5,7.5,8
Team 438, here we come

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2018
Congratssssssssssssss
Inception12:
LSRW...8.5,7.5,7.5,8
Team 438, here we come

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2018
It will come. Just hold on a little more. It happens.
Olha:
result not found
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by doubleportion86: 9:48am On Jan 19, 2018
Inception12:
LSRW...8.5,7.5,7.5,8
Team 438, here we come

Just stop this rubbish .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 9:51am On Jan 19, 2018
Congrats on, I tap into your testimony for my 3rd and last attempt in Jesus name, Amen.

Inception12:
LSRW...8.5,7.5,7.5,8
Team 438, here we come

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2018
Well, I know we used to get birth certificates from local government office, they look like the one that was issued at birth. It used to be N1,000 in Oyo State some 10years ago, I do not know if you can still get for your brother and you. Let me ask my friend whose Mum works in a local government.

Do you have childhood or teenager pictures with your parents, you can add this to the evidence you provide. Do note that I am just thinking, it is not necessarily the way to go......others can weigh in

Which state are you guys from though?

Nazor83:

yes he did ' Happytbaby. I am only worried because of the different surnames.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2018
There used to be an issue about using the wrong numbers....candidate number or something. People that wrote recently can tell you what numbers to use. It may be that you are using the wrong number.

Olha:
result not found
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:58am On Jan 19, 2018
It might even be that it has not been uploaded. I had to keep refreshing mine back then before it finally showed.
happytbaby:
There used to be an issue about using the wrong numbers....candidate number or something. People that wrote recently can tell you what numbers to use. It may be that you are using the wrong number.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by grammy010: 10:20am On Jan 19, 2018
Hi Fam,

For those asking about IDP test centre, pls and pls don't try it, that centre is a complete trash. Their listening particularly is a total nonsense. More than half of the people that sat for the test on 06/01/2018 complained but this people still went ahead to release rubbish results for them.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY I REPEAT! Stick with BC jejely and prosper in peace. Less I forget, they will want to cajole you with "being organised" by calling you and all, brethen, that centre is shity. A word is enough for a wise.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2018
Hello Everyone!!

Please help is needed here.

Can I use my Access bank card to make payment for my application of 1040CAD!

Your kind assistance will be appreciated

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ham334488: 10:29am On Jan 19, 2018
Marc0110:
Good morning all. Has anyone who took the 6th January ielts by British Council been able to check their results online
It seems they are releasing it in batches .am yet to see mine as well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 10:32am On Jan 19, 2018
Julie2018:
Hello Everyone!!

Thanks
Yes, their limit is now 5000usd so that's more than enough
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by barbz06: 10:41am On Jan 19, 2018
Yes you can It is less than the $1,000 equivalent limit. Also, i think the limit for Access bank is between $2,000 - $5,000.

Julie2018:
Hello Everyone!!

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 19, 2018
hiscules:
oh,seen. But he's not the PA,does it really matter? Just don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill,I hope you do understand me.

I think you are good to go (without the LOE) since he is not the PA. You are not claiming any points for his job. His work experience will not give you any points since it is not a Canadian work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2018
4wearegreat:
Hello Everyone,

Please what can I do to raise my morale?

1st attempt (July) - LRWS - 7.5,9, 7.5, 8
2nd attempt (Nov)- LRWS - 8.5, 8.5, 6.5, 7.5

For 2nd Attempt: I Requested for EOR in RWS. None was upgraded (lost 15k) cry cry

3rd attempt (Jan) - Had my speaking this week - Messed up big time!!!! embarassed cry cry

I presently feel so depressed and demoralized.

With IELTS score of LRWS-8,7,7,7........................ITA would fall on me immediately wink, but achieving this appear impossible #Makeigobegmyvillagepeople grin

CONTINUATION

My IELTS result is out.......................would love to wet your appetite a bit before I divulge my scores.
I got an email from MOD IELTS yesterday stating that my TRF would be available today..........I started checking their website from that moment. Between yesterday and 9:59am (today), have checked for my result over 50 times (not exaggerating) smiley smiley.
I saw the result some minutes ago....................

SPEAKING - To my greatest surprise I ace the speaking test big time!!!!!!! I scored 8.5 Na so I hear English reach grin grin. I actually thought I messed up big time during the speaking test. e.g I said some words in Yoruba and the examiner asked to me to translate..............and I was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

READING & WRITING - I scored 7.5 in both............I actually expected a 9 or at worst 8.5 in reading. I was feeling like a badoo after the reading test but 7.5 in writing was a fair score.

LISTENING - grin grin grin grin I score a 6 shocked shocked shocked. Think twice before your register with MOD IELTS.................Listening via speaker is crazy!!! at the end of the listening test, I had some questions unanswered. I guessed and giraffe the answers. Apparently, the hustle did not pay-off well. Listening via speaker instead of headset was crazy. cry cry cry

I for jejely re-enroll with British Council instead of MOD IELTS.................Like play, like play I have spent I have spent over 200k writing IELTS thus far (3 exams & 1 remark) shocked shocked "Chai! there is god ooo grin"
IELTS standing between me and ITA since the days of Ancient Egypt Era (those who wrote JAN 6 IELTS can resonant with "Ancient Egypt Era" grin).

NEXT STEP- I will close early from work, take some bottles of beer in the evening, sleep well...........and will continue with the EE hustle from tomorrow because whether the devil likes it or not I am a Canadian Permanent Resident grin grin.
#Jahbless#

62 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 10:45am On Jan 19, 2018
grammy010:
Hi Fam,

For those asking about IDP test centre, pls and pls don't try it, that centre is a complete trash. Their listening particularly is a total nonsense. More than half of the people that sat for the test on 06/01/2018 complained but this people still went ahead to release rubbish results for them.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY I REPEAT! Stick with BC jejely and prosper in peace. Less I forget, they will want to cajole you with "being organised" by calling you and all, brethen, that centre is shity. A word is enough for a wise.

I concur 100Million percent,.....................I am a living testimony grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2018
sleekchic:

Please what time can we start checking the site

It depends on when they upload the results.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Sorry Dear!!!

4wearegreat:

LISTENING - grin grin grin grin I score a 6 shocked shocked shocked. Think twice before your register with MOD IELTS.................Listening via speaker is crazy!!! at the end of the listening test, I had some questions unanswered. I guessed and giraffe the answers. Apparently, the hustle did not pay-off well. Listening via speaker instead of headset was crazy. cry cry cry

I for jejely re-enroll with British Council instead of MOD IELTS.................Like play, like play I have spent I have spent over 200k writing IELTS thus far shocked shocked "Chai! there is god ooo grin"

IELTS standing between me and ITA since the days of Ancient Egypt Era (those who wrote JAN 6 IELTS can resonant with "Ancient Egypt Era" grin).

NEXT STEP
I will close early from work, take some bottles of beer in the evening, sleep well...........and will continue with the EE hustle from tomorrow because whether the devil likes it or not I am a Canadian Permanent Resident grin grin.

#Jahbless#

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by grammy010: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2018
MOD Centre is a TRASH & Waste of Money!!!!!!

4wearegreat:

CONTINUATION

My IELTS result is out.......................would love to wet your appetite a bit before I divulge my scores.

I got an email from MOD IELTS yesterday stating that my TRF would be available today..........I started checking their website from that moment. Between yesterday and 9:59am (today), have checked for my result over 50 times (not exaggerating) smiley smiley.

SPEAKING - To my greatest surprise I ace the speaking test big time!!!!!!! I scored 8.5 Na so I hear English reach grin grin. I actually thought I messed up big time during the speaking test. e.g I said some words in Yoruba and the examiner asked to me to translate..............an I was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

READING & WRITING - I scored 7.5 in both............I actually expected a 9 or at worst 8.5 in reading. I was feeling like a badoo after the reading test but 7.5 in writing was a fair score.

I for jejely re-enroll with British Council instead of MOD IELTS.................Like play, like play I have spent I have spent over 200k writing IELTS thus far shocked shocked "Chai! there is god ooo grin"

NEXT STEP
I will close early from work, take some bottles of beer in the evening, sleep well...........and will continue with the EE hustle from tomorrow because whether the devil likes it or not I am a Canadian Permanent Resident grin grin.

#Jahbless#

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Yewwygraceful: 10:49am On Jan 19, 2018
Hi Gracelevel, I am not to sure about that. I think a lot will depend on the NOC you are using for your application. If you are using NOC 4112,
you will have to attach evidence of qualification to the Bar.

gracelevel:

please what of non practising lawyers ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Yewwygraceful: 10:52am On Jan 19, 2018
I do not think so, it will only apply when you use NOC 4112 for your application. However, a lawyer may have experience in another NOC being claimed and i do not expect such person to get an adr for "Call to Bar" certificate.

stonecoldcafe:

I think this may be necessary if one is practising the law. I'm not accessing LLB just LLM. I'm not practising. Would that still apply to people like me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by follyzee: 10:54am On Jan 19, 2018
Love your spirit!!!

Keep hope alive. U are almost there.

Every successful person has a story.....

4wearegreat:

CONTINUATION

SPEAKING - To my greatest surprise I ace the speaking test big time!!!!!!! I scored 8.5 Na so I hear English reach grin grin. I actually thought I messed up big time during the speaking test. e.g I said some words in Yoruba and the examiner asked to me to translate..............and I was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

NEXT STEP- I will close early from work, take some bottles of beer in the evening, sleep well...........and will continue with the EE hustle from tomorrow because whether the devil likes it or not I am a Canadian Permanent Resident grin grin.
#Jahbless#

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 10:59am On Jan 19, 2018
4wearegreat:

CONTINUATION

Sorry o. Chai I feel bad for this situation.

Do not give up!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 19, 2018
Good morning learned Sister. I would like to migrate to Canada as well. I need clarification regarding our LLB certificate and Call to Bar. I heard that an LLB certificate is equivalent to a Masters. Also what profession did you fill in your application? I await your response thanks.

Yewwygraceful:
Hi Ethelia, let me explain properly.

For proof of studies, you attach your LLB and your ECA. But when submitting use your LOE and explain that you are also qualified to practice, and attach your certificate of call to Bar. Please note not FOR PROOF OF STUDIES but under your LOE.

Hope this clarifies it.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 11:12am On Jan 19, 2018
Thank God i'm not charged money for refreshing my IELTS result page.Gosh!!! the wait is nerve racking. I can barely function. Abi i should go to their office ni.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.