Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1301925 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ramj: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Oh! I'm sorry for the confusion. cheesy Anyone with a CRS score of 442 who entered the pool AFTER May 29, 2017 will not receive ITA. Thank you for the correction.

Cc: @Onedimple, @Happytbaby

Simply put the tie breaker favours the elders in the pool.

Does not even nature teach us to respect our egbons. So @onedimple 2 more weeks and you shall be ITAed in Jesus name.

2 more weeks to get "readier"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
Even me. I am confused. Isn't it supposed to affect anyone who entered the pool after May 29 2017 from 7:02?

People with even poor IELTS scores are advised to enter the pool immediately once they have ECA and rewrite IELTS to improve their CRS score. This is to avoid being caught up with tie-breaking rule. When their scores are updated the system will still capture the earlier date they entered the pool. Am surprised to read GS is interpreting it otherwise. I think she's wrong there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Oh! I'm sorry for the confusion. cheesy Anyone with a CRS score of 442 who entered the pool AFTER May 29, 2017 will not receive ITA. Thank you for the correction.

Cc: @Onedimple, @Happytbaby

Just saw this now. It's okay. Even Proffesors (human beings too) can be lost sometimes during lecture back in school...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
You are gonna be fine. And Happy Birthday in advance.

Onedimple:

That is really encouraging as I will be loosing 5points in 12days (Birthday).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kenon1: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
dumsydsassy1:
God will do it! Keep ur head up..
Congratulations to all ITA recipients..

It's well! CSR scores are gradually coming down.
It's a good sign.
By His grace it will surely come to pass.
Relax!
Congrats to all who got ITA today.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Help plssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Good evening everyone, please I need more enlightenment on Express entry. I entered the pool last month, however at the work history point, I filled 2 different NOC with different years of experience ( secondary school teacher 4031(2yrs) and Safety Inspector 2263(1yr)) which were added together as 3yrs work experience and my score rose to 470 and I got ITA

My worry is that my sis in law said I have misinterpreted work experience which will lead to a rejection cos I gained point on 2 different NOC and the instruction is in one particular NOC. Pls what should I do. I need your help and advice urgently. God bless guys.

Lastly Congrats to those that got ITA today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dumsydsassy1: 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thank u bro! Are you in the pool yet?

Kenon1:

It's well! CSR scores are gradually coming down.
It's a good sign.
By His grace it will surely come to pass.
Relax!
Congrats to all who got ITA today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OCHERAY(m): 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hi guys ....sorry please I want to process my admission through a consultancy firm (EWC nigeria)....has anyone gone through them before?...or anyone you know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
So only one person in this entire thread got ITA today? People please come forward for your testimonies and offering. Thank you.

Congrats jelmusboy

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
JustinTrudeau:
I just want to evaluate it so i wanna be sure before i waste money

P.S Whoever has done ATS evaluation successfully can you please tell us what the summary looks like

Okay. I think the summary is "Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)". With that, I believe you are good to go.

According to IRCC, to get points for "two or more certificates", one of the certificates should be a three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below. The "sections below" refers to:

1. Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute or
2. Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute or
3. One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

Read more here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

True. Nobody is above mistake.

Na multitasking palava cause am. cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kenon1: 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
dumsydsassy1:
Thank u bro! Are you in the pool yet?

Not yet. IQAS ECA evaluation was just completed.I am believing God for a positive ielts result come 14/02/18.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ramj:

Simply put the tie breaker favours the elders in the pool.

Lol@elders in the pool. Yes, you are right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Most people get this when after they ordered gcms notes. Did you? Anyway, there's no need for any action from your end unless they actually ask.

MrsI:
Hello all. Please I have a question. I noticed that on MyCIC account, there was a comment on them needing more documents for processing my application. However, there's been no correspondence stating what documents they need.

Has this happened to anyone? And should I just ignore them and wait?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by browndoll: 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
We want to see the mail first before we shout smiley

mcstan18:
So only one person in this entire thread got ITA today? People please come forward for your testimonies and offering. Thank you.

Congrats jelmusboy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Congratulations to all ITA recipients.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lol, go and sleep
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
ITA has fallen on us oooo.

I want to submit the application as soon as possible.
Please how can I get police report? I or my spouse can't make it to Lagos for it, no time. I don't know if this has been talked about here but please I need to know how to get it since I am not in Lagos. Thank you everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Plsss someone shd respond abeg

Wura27:
Hi guys,

Please I need info on two things

1. How would someone abroad process Naija police certificate. The person lives in Dubai

2. Can Lawyers successfully evaluate Law school certificate or is it just LLB/ LLM certificate evaluation for them?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by browndoll: 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
It's ITA people!Thank God.Now the work begins

browndoll:
We want to see the mail first before we shout smiley

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dumsydsassy1: 11:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
It will end well.

Kenon1:

Not yet. IQAS ECA evaluation was just completed.I am believing God for a positive ielts result come 14/02/18.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
omijehjoan:
Help plssssssssssss!!!!!!!

Good evening everyone, please I need more enlightenment on Express entry. I entered the pool last month, however at the work history point, I filled 2 different NOC with different years of experience ( secondary school teacher 4031(2yrs) and Safety Inspector 2263(1yr)) which were added together as 3yrs work experience and my score rose to 470 and I got ITA

My worry is that my sis in law said I have misinterpreted work experience which will lead to a rejection cos I gained point on 2 different NOC and the instruction is in one particular NOC. Pls what should I do. I need your help and advice urgently. God bless guys.

Lastly Congrats to those that got ITA today.

Read this post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Delta007(m): 12:02am On Feb 08, 2018
Abbylee:
Out of curiosity,
Can one apply to school as an international student and on getting PPR, landing and getting PR card now inform the University or College so as to be able to pay domestic fees? Has this worked for anyone? Will one need to apply from scratch again to the school?

Just wondering...
Yes you can. You will need to show proof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 08, 2018
Newmum0615:
This people are not serious o. They increased number of invited candidates and put tie-breaking rule effective May 2017. Give with one hand, collect it back with the other.
Congrats to all ITA recipients. It is a celebration something.

Lol. grin cheesy The CRS scores will drop gradually.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Zitarmy: 12:24am On Feb 08, 2018
Please when can someone with a sibling that is a PR in Canada claim points in express entry. What documents are required to back it up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 12:49am On Feb 08, 2018
Newmum0615:
This people are not serious o. They increased number of invited candidates and put tie-breaking rule effective May 2017. Give with one hand, collect it back with the other.
Congrats to all ITA recipients. It is a celebration something.

CIC may decide what the new cut off score would be based on how many people they want to invite, however, I do not think they are the one picking the tie-breaking date and time. It is simply the oldest person in the pool who has 442. Computer software would just sort that for them. I would assume this person had a lower score previously and did something to improve his/her score lately cos if he/she had had 442 since May 2017, he/she would have received ITA since May 31, 2017, when the cut off was 413.

Congratulations to all those who received ITA. To those still waiting for IELTS, WES/NASU and then ITA, Keep hope alive guys, the cut-off is dropping and sooner or later it will reach your turn. However, if there is an alternative you can use to increase your score say IELTS, please take the risk, you never know.
To all those gathering documents and looking for POF may God help us. Those waiting PPR, CoPR and landing, God's speed and Favour.

Don't you ever give up! Remember that if you do, it doesn't change your situation.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luciano80(m): 1:43am On Feb 08, 2018
Happy for all ITA recipients.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 08, 2018
Wura27:
Hi guys,

Please I need info on two things

1. How would someone abroad process Naija police certificate. The person lives in Dubai

2. Can Lawyers successfully evaluate Law school certificate or is it just LLB/ LLM certificate evaluation for them?

Thanks

1. Someone explained the process in this post or you can read this. Download the form here.

2. The LLB/LLM certificate is sufficient.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Issyman(m): 3:37am On Feb 08, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Okay. I think the summary is "Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)". With that, I believe you are good to go.

According to IRCC, to get points for "two or more certificates", one of the certificates should be a three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below. The "sections below" refers to:

1. Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute or
2. Two-year [/b]degree, diploma or [b]certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute or
3. One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other [b]institute.
[/b]

Read more here.
Based on no 2 above, I believe with ICAN evaluated as 2year professional study, people should be able to choose two or more certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:55am On Feb 08, 2018
Issyman:

Based on no 2 above, I believe with ICAN evaluated as 2year professional study, people should be able to choose two or more certificates.

No. The ECA summary for ICAN says "two years of professional study in Accounting". According to IRCC, to claim points under number two, the ECA assessment results include:

College Diploma
College Diploma (two years)
Diploma (two years)
Two-year diploma
Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Associate Degree
Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Two-year associate degree

For the ATS certificate, the ECA summary says: "Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)". To claim points under number three, the ECA assessment results include:

College Certificate
Completion of College-level certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate

Therefore, to claim points for "two or more certificates", one of the certificates should be a three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections blah blah blah. smiley (Source)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 08, 2018
Issyman:

The ECA summary for those people who used ICAN and got positive outcome says: "Bachelor's degree (three years)". Read this post and this.

This ECA summary-"Bachelor's degree (three years)" is different from the recent update ("two years of professional study in Accounting" ).

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.