Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1300002 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 8:05am On Feb 10, 2018
tollu:
Singing E wa ba mi gbe igba ope ooo, ye ye ye

IT IS PPR!!!

Timeline:
ITA - 3rd July 2017
AOR - 2nd September
Medicals Passed - 15th September
IP1 - 16th September
NA 2 - 19th September
Added Newborn - 9th December
ADR - 23RD January.
6th February - Submitted additional documents
9th February - IP2, RPRF ADR. Paid immediately.

My people, it was PPR ooo. Less than 2 hours after I paid RPRF.

Congratulations dear

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2018
Congratulations!!!

tollu:

I have plenty people to thank.

My fellow LVO people, yours will surely come.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 8:19am On Feb 10, 2018
Newbeecey:
Hello Everyone,

I am pretty new but I took the time as a guest to review the threads from part 1 to this thread and have found it very insightful. I have just commenced the process. I have gotten my WES reference number and written to my school already; I however have a nagging issue that I need help with attending to.
I am in the process of renewing my international passport which has my maiden name ( I am married). I have not done a change of name; however I used my new name on my baby's birth certificate. All other documents have my maiden name.
All subsequent documents (WES Evaluation, PoF) will have my maiden name.

Is it advisable to have my husband's name on my international passport upon renewal and then do a "one and the same affidavit"?
If you want to do a name change on your passport (at least for married women), you'd need your marriage certificate, news paper publication of name change and maybe declaration of marriage. With this three documents, you won't need a one and same person affidavit.

However, you may choose to renew your passport in your maiden name, it's absolutely fine. If you do this, it simply means your PCC, Medicals, IELTS TRF (if you'd be taking the test), Name on EE Profile (be you PA or dependant), ultimately your CoPR and even PR Card - save to say other documents and processes to do upon landing - will all be in your maiden name.

I don't know process of name change in Canada but I do know to get those three documents earlier mentioned in Nigeria wouldn't cost you much time or energy, so why not change it now. If you do have the documents though, then effect the name change but you wouldn't need one and same person affidavit. My opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 8:26am On Feb 10, 2018
Congrats Tollu, what a journey.

To those taking IELTS today, God's grace with you all. Mcstan18 et al, come 13 days time, we will be celebrating you.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olaneeran: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2018
Olaneeran:
Cited from the wes "for a completed study, send a clear and legible copy of this document to wes".

The word "document" in the shot, does this mean transcript or certificate. Also, am I to send the copy via email/courier service.

Pls house, kindly help in clarifying this abeg.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 8:36am On Feb 10, 2018
Thanks coctrane

cochtrane:
As long as you haven't violated any of CIC specs, I don't think you should be worried. Double stamping doesn't violate their specs. In fact, double stamping = double authentication, right? wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 8:48am On Feb 10, 2018
T
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Otekpen: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2018
Good morning all.. Please I need advise as regards my travel history. Some couple of years back I was denied an Australian students visa on the ground of non genuine bank statement.. Please will It affect my Canadian application and what can I write as the reason for refusal? Please, I just received ITA..Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by KINGTELLER: 8:58am On Feb 10, 2018
tozabes:
It seems NASU has called off their strike...just got a mail from UNN itranscript portal that they've sent my transcript to WES. Anyone else can confirm this

When did you apply for your transcript? I applied for mine since November last year, each time I request for the status, I get the response that it's still undergoing digitization I dont know what that means
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:06am On Feb 10, 2018
This one hard small o, one thing I know is it is better to be truthful upfront than they discover during their background check.

Question: was the statement genuine? Was it in your name or a third party sponsor?

Its easier to explain if it was a 3rd party sponsor. Plus this time around make sure your POF is very genuine and not one kobo of it should be spent before PPR.

Just my thoughts, others will weigh in.

Otekpen:
Good morning all.. Please I need advise as regards my travel history. Some couple of years back I was denied an Australian students visa on the ground of non genuine bank statement.. Please will It affect my Canadian application and what can I write as the reason for refusal? Please, I just received ITA..Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sunmisire: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2018
Go
area74:

To be honest with you, what you have looks like abe-igi transcript. LASU transcripts is usually sealed in the school's customised envelope. The envelop is usually taped and not stapled.

WES is very familiar with LASU process. I was at the school today and i saw a lot of correspondences between LASU and WES. That's why they take the issue of verification very serious.

Thanks. Please were you able to process yours and can I send you a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2018
Very true. @Otekpen, please declare anything you need to declare. They will definitely find out somehow. Best to be on the right side of things than worry later. Good luck.
happytbaby:
This one hard small o, one thing I know is it is better to be truthful upfront than they discover during their background check.

Question: was the statement genuine? Was it in your name or a third party sponsor?

Its easier to explain if it was a 3rd party sponsor. Plus this time around make sure your POF is very genuine and not one kobo of it should be spent before PPR.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:42am On Feb 10, 2018
Here's wishing all IELTS test takers today a successful outing. I pray it will be the last time you enter that exam hall.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by abayomitsn: 10:02am On Feb 10, 2018
Good morning House,

i got ITA on 7th of feb 2018. smiley

i have previously worked with Ekiti state Government (Ministry of Environment) and it is included in my work history, i intend to collect a reference letter from Ekiti state civil service commission,

My concerns
1) The commision doesn't have an email or functioning website
2) Am i to include the Permanent secretary's phone number

please note that i did not work with the permanent secretary directly and i worked with a director in the ministry of environment, the director and the ministry are both under the civil service commission that i referred to in my work history.

Kindly help me, i need to go get this reference letter ASAP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 10, 2018
Olaneeran:
Cited from the wes "for a completed study, send a clear and legible copy of this document to wes".

The word "document" in the shot, does this mean transcript or certificate. Also, am I to send the copy via email/courier service.

This ya question get as e be ooo. The answer to your question dey there na. cheesy

Your certificate. Send it via fax.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Otekpen: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2018
It was a third party sponsor through an agent.. However, the Australian embassy made an investigation and found out the owner wasn't aware of the bank stament being presented to the commission.. Infact the agent
Kept denying it that it was real .... Some couple of months later I got a student visa to UK and came back after my studies ...
I really don't know how to go about the reason for denial because telling them ingenuine bank statement will be a red flag... Abeg make Una help me chook mouth cuz more heads are better than one.

happytbaby:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 10:34am On Feb 10, 2018
Thank you so much GlitteringStar, sthillz, veritas3, mosbiod, McNoelle, sistaj, Julie2018, Sugaro, Newmum0615, happytbaby, cochtrane, Ojasope1, mcstan18, Uzoreen, Kontagious smiley May all our dreams come true.

IELTS people, go forth and conquer!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 11:31am On Feb 10, 2018
Newmum0615:
Here's wishing all IELTS test takers today a successful outing. I pray it will be the last time you enter that exam hall.

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by BOLAUWA: 11:48am On Feb 10, 2018
Hello gurus in the house. good day. thanks for all d good work here. please I have some questions to ask.
1) I already have WES evaluation done by WES USA.Dunno if I can request that it be sent to Canada to evaluation.

2) i have ielts academic version,and d result is really good. is it possible to apply to Canada for express entry with this result?

3) I have a denial with d USA under 214b, does it affect my application?

thanks a lot for ur response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2018
BOLAUWA:
Hello gurus in the house. good day. thanks for all d good work here. please I have some questions to ask.
1) I already have WES evaluation done by WES USA.Dunno if I can request that it be sent to Canada to evaluation.

2) i have ielts academic version,and d result is really good. is it possible to apply to Canada for express entry with this result?

thanks a lot for ur response

No matter how good your IELTS academic module is, you need to rewrite General Training Module with even a better score. GT is the module required for immigration. I see an advantage in you, Academic module is usually more difficult than GT, so if you passed the formal well, the later should be a walk in the park.

You would also.need to.do ECA with WES Canada. Others can weigh in here.

Your USA visa denial should not affect your chances unless you were denied for very serious reasons. Others can also weigh in here to....

In summary, it is a very simple process. You can start now and if God wills, you can be in Canada before year ends...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wealthiest1: 12:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
hello great family,
Please i have an issue. after updating my Profile in the CIC POOL, i was told that i am no longer eligible to apply.
I tried severally but all to no avail. so i went through the FAQ section and i saw that once you are not eligible to be in the pool, you cant edit rather to create another profile which i did but immediately i submitted to the pool , i was disqualified again.
Please i need your advise house, what do i do.
Awaiting your responses asap.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 12:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
tollu:

IT IS PPR!!!

Congratulations! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
@OP, ask WES USA to convert your ECA to Basic (Document by Document evaluation),
the version used for IRCC. You don't have to start the process afresh. For your US visa denial, except you were denied on charges of security issues or serious misrepresentation, you have no problems. 214b clause for visa refusal is not a serious case. I think you are fine. You need to redo your IELTS and select GT option.
olajide21:

No matter how good your IELTS academic module is, you need to rewrite General Training Module with even a better score. GT is the module required for immigration. I see an advantage in you, Academic module is usually more difficult than GT, so if you passed the formal well, the later should be a walk in the park.

You would also.need to.do ECA with WES Canada. Others can weigh in here.

Your USA visa denial should not affect your chances unless you were denied for very serious reasons. Others can also weigh in here to....

In summary, it is a very simple process. You can start now and if God wills, you can be in Canada before year ends...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
wealthiest1:
hello great family,
Please i have an issue. after updating my Profile in the CIC POOL, i was told that i am no longer eligible to apply.
I tried severally but all to no avail. so i went through the FAQ section and i saw that once you are not eligible to be in the pool, you cant edit rather to create another profile which i did but immediately i submitted to the pool , i was disqualified again.
Please i need your support house, what do i do.
Awaiting your responses asap.
Thank you.

@the bolded... Good to know you researched yourself before coming here.

1. Check that you met the 67/100 minimum requirement in the FSW grid for eligibility.

2. Confirm that your NOC is under A, B or 0.

3. Check the amount you are putting as POF.

4. Confirm that you have at least one year paid work experience and be sure you're not declaring the work hours in days instead of week as required.

5. Finally, I hope you don't have any score below 6 in the four sections of the IELTS.

Others can add to the possible cause...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
Amen!

tollu:
Thank you so much GlitteringStar, sthillz, veritas3, mosbiod, McNoelle, sistaj, Julie2018, Sugaro, Newmum0615, happytbaby, cochtrane, Ojasope1, mcstan18, Uzoreen, Kontagious smiley May all our dreams come true.

IELTS people, go forth and conquer!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pennstate(m): 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=BOLAUWA post=64943046]Hello gurus in the house. good day. thanks for all d good work here. please I have some questions to ask.

YES, send a mail to WES US. They will ask you to provide another e-mail address to enable them create WES Canada for you and transfer your documents already with them to WES Canada. You will have to pay for the new evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
tollu:

I have plenty people to thank.

Timeline:
First ITA - can't recall date. Declined and withdrew profile cause I made an error in name. Learnt after I withdrew it could have been adjusted b

Only to launch my computer this evening, my yahoomail was open and my husband saw a new mail from CIC. Checked and was told to check account. For whatever reason, the mail didn't come into my phone.
My people, it was PPR ooo. Less than 2 hours after I paid RPRF. shocked shocked shocked

My fellow LVO people, yours will surely come.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dane15: 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dear House,

Please, I have a question. I withdrew my last express entry profile on the ground of some errors and filled a new one which I submitted.

The challenge is that my UCI and my spouse's are not updating but the scores are.

Please, what do I do?

Secondly, my surname is my family name but my son's surname is from my father's middle name. The reason for changing his surname is that I don't like my surname but my father's middle name though similar in spelling except for 3 letters, has a better meaning.

The impact is that he has a different surname from his father (me).

I hope this will not have any impact on his application?

cc: Seniors, Glitteringstar, 40manlappy,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Yinkaolu(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good day great people

Had my IELTS RESULTS LSRW 7.5 7.5 7.O 7.0
National Diploma in Agricultural Technology from FCA Ibadan
BSC AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS UI with four years work experience as Technical Sales Representative and Sales Manager
Wify hasn't done IELTS but also a graduate of UI with self employment as Business Manager

Can someone help with the calculations as each time I do its always below 400

More so, what's the lowest best possible score for an applicant in IELTS that will be considered for the process

Thanks so much
Also, I will appreciate if anyone can also help me with the NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bambam4you: 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
@takingboy

How far. I see that you have been trying trying to reach me but unfortunately my replies to you keeps bouncing back. All is well?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bambam4you: 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
Talkingboy:

@talkingboy

How far. I see that you have been trying trying to reach me but unfortunately my replies to you keeps bouncing back. All is well?

Lol !!!

One love bro.

Good morning Sir . Hope you slept well ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bhanjjie: 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hello house,

I need some clarifications to complete my EE Profile. Is it okay to tick two states when completing the 'proposed residential state' section? Secondly, my MSc was for 1.5 years, and the system would not accept the decimal point. Please, how do I resolve this? Should I leave it as 1 or 2 years?

My score currently stands at 409, having scored 7.5,8,7.5,7 (LSRW). I plan to retake and aim for 8777 to make my score increase to 460+.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.