Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295554 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ebi12: 12:40am On Feb 11, 2018
Thanks, the only thing though is the employment requirements mine is a bachelors degree minimum. But 1221 and 1211 do not have it as a minimum requirement, just 0714

mcstan18:

Check 1211. Looks more like it but the final decision is yours to make though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hifyty(m): 4:55am On Feb 11, 2018
Guys,

we went for our medicals yesterday and our 3 year old was flagged for speech delay. she has ASD and had been undergoing Speech therapy for the past 3 months. Doc said CIC might require further medical Evaluation. Has anyone passed through the same shoes? How did you pull through? Please share your experience. Secondly, will the Newspaper AD change of name for my wife suffice for Legal Name Change Document. As always, i appreciate your input
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ebi12: 6:09am On Feb 11, 2018
Please I will really appreciate if anyone with spare time can help me out.

ebi12:
Please I need help on which noc code to choose. I believe my job is a combination of several Noc codes.Am not a manager but I think Noc 1221 is selling myself short as my role needs a college degree as a minimum. I think 0714 fits me better. So I want to change my noc code before ITA Please see my job description below:

My job title is Facility Administrator(Base Administrator)

Lead Statement
Responsible for managing the company facility. The position ensures that all company assets, including but not limited to leased or rented assets, within the Main office and other satellite offices in the location are properly maintained and kept in safe and good working condition at all times.

Duties
Ensure that the facility is tidy at all times by adequate supervision of the office Utility staff and any other individual contracted to carry out any other work that relate to keeping the office in a safe and clean condition.

• Ensure that all office utility equipment is kept in good condition at all times. This includes but not limited to the Power, water, communication and entertainment systems in the office.

• Ensure efficient service delivery of contracted catering company for the office and accommodation and timely escalate concerns and cases of non-performance.

. Ensure that all company vehicles are kept in good condition at all times.

• Supervise and ensure strict adherence to routine vehicle maintenance schedule for all company vehicles.

• Actively participate in daily or weekly Drivers meetings during which performance against targets will be evaluated.

• Ensure all company Drivers meet the minimum training requirements at all times.

• Ensure all journeys are planned and carried out in a timely manner.

• Coordinate all official incoming and outgoing trips involving employees, visitors or clients where use of company vehicles may be required for pick up and drop off.

Ensures personal behaviors/work practices are in line with Company safety standards

• Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those in the facility vicinity.

• Accountable for working conditions under the control of the position and for detecting any unsafe or unhealthy conditions or behaviour and to take immediate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to health, safety and welfare arising from any work activity.

• Performs a broad range of related activities using hazard identification, Job Safety Analysis, SOAR program etcto ensure safe performance.

• Participates as required in investigations of incidents in the facility/vehicles

• Pays close attention to housekeeping, double-checks and takes additional safety precautions to ensure no-one is put at risk by own work.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 11, 2018
girlfromafrica:

I'll be 29 this year and hubby will be 31

I think you are better off being the main applicant.

You will get more points and yes your work as a freelancer counts as self employment. Just be ready to submit all evidence from Fiver and Up work
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 8:19am On Feb 11, 2018
hifyty:
Guys,

we went for our medicals yesterday and our 3 year old was flagged for speech delay. she has ASD and had been undergoing Speech therapy for the past 3 months. Doc said CIC might require further medical Evaluation. Has anyone passed through the same shoes? How did you pull through? Please share your experience. Secondly, will the Newspaper AD change of name for my wife suffice for Legal Name Change Document. As always, i appreciate your input

I don't think the newspaper publication alone will suffice. She should also do the court affidavit atleast (also, which name is on her passport?)

Regarding your daughter, try and search for assistance on this on international discussion boards because I can't recall seeing anyone talk about this here. However, I've see a lot of discussions on this from Indian and Pakistani applicants on Canada visa website. I wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:52am On Feb 11, 2018
Good morning,

I am so sorry about your daughter. I am also sorry to tell you that the outlook is bleak, I have had to research this issue for someone before and all the people I saw on Canadavisa forum were asked to do this and that but I did not see them eventually get it.

Please use Google to search for 'autism canadavisa' I am not sure if its allowed, I would have searched for and posted links for you.

As regards your daughter, America is the best place for her. Is it remotely possible that you guys relocate to America? Have you considered options like one of you go to school with plans for post study visa or something? I hate to dash your hopes and asiprations but you need to start adjusting to the possibility of not getting this PR and make alternative plans.

Even in Canada, our research has shown that the amount of money you will pay out of pocket for her therapy is quite high. Australia is not much better either.Nigeria is certainly not the place for her.

I hope she is undegoing additional therapy and not just speech therapy.

hifyty:
Guys,

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dedalove: 9:10am On Feb 11, 2018
The elders and experienced people in the house make una help me gather ideas here. I beg una.
My people please I beg anyone who can to help me out of this puzzle that WES created for me. They evaluated my first degree and a postgraduate certificate which is for a year as below:
Canadian equivalence summary {Bachelor's degree (4 years) and postgraduate diploma (one semester).
I dont understand why that one semester in bracket was introduced . My question is does this qualify for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" considering this information below from CIC website:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

Please I will appreciate advice from you guys. I dont know if anyone has been through this particular situation. This people WES just weak me sha. Honestly. If its two or more certificates, CRS will be around 449 but if not I will be on 422 and by April, 5 pts will be gone from adding a new age. I beg I need help and clarification. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 9:23am On Feb 11, 2018
It means your application will be completed on or in some cases before 2nd of March
area74:

I was just lucky to get my verification done on friday. Verification request was sent by WES to LASU since November but nothing was happening. So, i went to the school on Thursday and discovered that there was skeletal activities going on by NASU. I learnt that the union gave two weeks concession that lasted on Friday 9/2/2018 in order to prepare for the forthcoming convocation. In fact, I was there when the union people wanted to send people out from the ICT building where Exams and Records is located.

I only hope that they will allow the skeletal work to continue. I am done with the verification. It was sent to WES yesterday and was acknowledged same day.

Please, who understands this message from WES as stated in my account because I was hoping that this process shouldn't take this long: 'Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 3/2/2018'
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 9:36am On Feb 11, 2018
About the WES, you can reach them on‭+1 (416) 972-0070‬ or ‭00 91 212-9666311‬ and request for a WES Canada account with a different email address preferably. Then make payment for your ECA and call again to request that your documents be transferred to WES Canada from WES USA( usually takes 2-3 working days)

Please also note that to reach WES on the phone. It is easier to call them almost immediately after their opening hours(I think 2pm or 3pm Nigerian time)
BOLAUWA:
Hello gurus in the house. good day. thanks for all d good work here. please I have some questions to ask.
1) I already have WES evaluation done by WES USA.Dunno if I can request that it be sent to Canada to evaluation.

2) i have ielts academic version,and d result is really good. is it possible to apply to Canada for express entry with this result?

3) I have a denial with d USA under 214b, does it affect my application?

thanks a lot for ur response

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Oga who cares whether it sells you short or long?

Abeg use the NOC that can be easily defended. You are applying for residency not a job. As long as the NOC is 0, A or B, you should not be changing NOC upandan ....your reference should back it up shikena....you want to start looking for how to prove that you lead teams and manage people abi?

ebi12:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hifyty(m): 9:54am On Feb 11, 2018
happytbaby:
Good morning,

I am so sorry about your daughter. I am also sorry to tell you that the outlook is bleak, I have had to research this issue for someone before and all the people I saw on Canadavisa forum were asked to do this and that but I did not see them eventually get it.

Please use Google to search for 'autism canadavisa' I am not sure if its allowed, I would have searched for and posted links for you.

As regards your daughter, America is the best place for her. Is it remotely possible that you guys relocate to America? Have you considered options like one of you go to school with plans for post study visa or something? I hate to dash your hopes and asiprations but you need to start adjusting to the possibility of not getting this PR and make alternative plans.

Even in Canada, our research has shown that the amount of money you will pay out of pocket for her therapy is quite high. Australia is not much better either.Nigeria is certainly not the place for her.

I hope she is undegoing additional therapy and not just speech therapy.

Thank you guys for your input. My wife and I are already adjusting to the realities of a possible denial. we are trusting in GOD and just wanted to give it our best shot. She started Speech therapy and Behavioural Therapy and She has improved a lot. As for trying other Countries, we are weighing all our options too

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:58am On Feb 11, 2018
grin Please stop. grin
happytbaby:
Oga who cares whether it sells you short or long?

Abeg use the NOC that can be easily defended. You are applying for residency not a job. As long as the NOC is 0, A or B, you should not be changing NOC upandan ....your reference should back it up shikena....you want to start looking for how to prove that you lead teams and manage people abi?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2018
ebi12:
Thanks, the only thing though is the employment requirements mine is a bachelors degree minimum. But 1221 and 1211 do not have it as a minimum requirement, just 0714

Bro, is it that one that is doing you? What do you intend to achieve with the minimum requirement for employment in EE application? Kindly use either of those NOCs that align with your JD and reference letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 10:29am On Feb 11, 2018
dane15:
Dear House,

Please, I have a question. I withdrew my last express entry profile on the ground of some errors and filled a new one which I submitted.

The challenge is that my UCI and my spouse's are not updating but the scores are.

Don't worry about it, the UCI will turn up sometime later, can't say exactly when though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2018
ebi12:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 10:32am On Feb 11, 2018
Aka2003:

I reapplied in July 17 and got it approved in Jan 18. Took 6 months - LVO things lol..

Na wa @ LVO. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 10:36am On Feb 11, 2018
GlitteringStar:

After raising CSE, you can tell the person to also reapply (maybe as xplan B) if his/her CRS score is high.

He already did that cos they had refunded his fees immediately. He stands @ 442,I really hope he'll get ITA before his birthday last day of march. Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 10:41am On Feb 11, 2018
girlfromafrica:
PLEASE gurus in the house help me evaluate this. Who should be the principal applicant between me and my husband.

Me: Msc in Marketing Comm and freelance writer on Upwork for over one year.

My husband: Bsc in Engineering and over four years experience working for a renowned bank.

Also does self employment count for FSW?

Thanks in anticipation.

You stand a better chance but claiming points from Upwork would need a ton of research. You're a writer so I'm sure you'd do great in this area. You might also need to show taxes especially if you land in LVO, don't know how that'll work.
I used Upwork but only to show source of some funds.

To get started, check your NOC, both of you should calculate scores using http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Ace IELTS, do ECA for both of you and if scores drop well enough, your husband's Bachelor's might just suffice.

To clarify, you do not have any other work experience? You can claim points for work within the last 10 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tollu: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2018
Thanks so much 40manlappy, Pamperme, Muslimity, Selzsky, JESUSisable. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2018
If that JD you posted is what your JD really is,
just use 0714 and move on. Abi, you were not overseeing functions in your unit? If you want, use 1211. All join. Don't comman be doing fasting and prayer on top the NOC issue. All those employment requirement should not be your headache now. When you start looking for work in Canada, you can start thinking about all those ones.
Ok bye, lemme goan warm that correct red stew in my freezer.
ebi12:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 11:01am On Feb 11, 2018
In my spouse's work history, I included where she has worked but didn't claim point for it. Do I need to provide reference letter for it? Also, she has MSc which I didn't claim point. Hope I don't need to provide ECA?

I have been refused Canadian and US visit visa before and I have state it in my travel history but I didn't include the UCI number. Hope that is safe cos I can't remember the UCI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:04am On Feb 11, 2018
jelmusboy:
In my spouse's work history, I included where she has worked but didn't claim point for it. Do I need to provide reference letter for it? Also, she has MSc which I didn't claim point. Hope I don't need to provide ECA?

I have been refused Canadian and US visit visa before and I have state it in my travel history but I didn't include the UCI number. Hope that is safe cos I can't remember the UCI

If you don't want to include a reference letter for her, move it to personal history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ebi12: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2018
Thank you!
Newmum0615:
If that JD you posted is what your JD really is,
just use 0714 and move on. Abi, you were not overseeing functions in your unit? If you want, use 1211. All join. Don't comman be doing fasting and prayer on top the NOC issue. All those employment requirement should not be your headache now. When you start looking for work in Canada, you can start thinking about all those ones.
Ok bye, lemme goan warm that correct red stew in my freezer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2018
At Jelmusboy and every other person finding UCI with torchlight, you do not get a UCI until you become a client....I think UCI means Unque Client Indentifier or somefin like that.

You become a client when you submit your application....you are now a paying client not an unserious person showing interest by creating express entry profile. When you put your money where your mouth is...that is when 'we' know you are a client.

P.S : I am in a mood for naughty comments this morning.

@ Newmum: is it Oga that said the stew is correct? Bring out your pot let us use oyokometer to torchlight the stew.

jelmusboy:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:36am On Feb 11, 2018
happytbaby:

You become a client when you submit your application....you are now a paying client not an unserious person showing interest by creating express entry profile. When you put your money where your mouth is...that is when 'we' know you are a client.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:49am On Feb 11, 2018
I will kuku send you one plate of hot steaming rice with the correct stew so that you too will shout Alleluia grin

In fact, it is quarter plate ayam giving you. You are too naughty.

happytbaby:

At Jelmusboy and every other person finding UCI with torchlight, you do not get a UCI until you become a client....I think UCI means Unque Client Indentifier or somefin like that.

@ Newmum: is it Oga that said the stew is correct? Bring out your pot let us use oyokometer to torchlight the stew.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:51am On Feb 11, 2018
Small rain and small cold, I am doing like pussycat under blanket. Is this how I want to do this Canada life something?

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
E pele. Thank God for the improvement.

hifyty:

Thank you guys for your input. My wife and I are already adjusting to the realities of a possible denial. we are trusting in GOD and just wanted to give it our best shot. She started Speech therapy and Behavioural Therapy and She has improved a lot. As for trying other Countries, we are weighing all our options too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
Heater to thhe rescue in Canada. I am off to bed to catch my Sunday afternoon powernap before I start running upandan again. One love!

Newmum0615:
Small rain and small cold, I am doing like pussycat under blanket. Is this how I want to do this Canada life something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Adesire1: 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
hifyty:

As a speech therapist, u need to give her more time, she will improve very well...i really don't think this should be an issue with the Canadian embassy...its not contagious naw.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Is like you didn't get my question. I once applied for Canada visit visa and I was refused. So, am assuming I will have a UCI which I can't even find now.

happytbaby:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Adesire1: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Can i make a transfer for ielts with stanbic account? Pls who has done this from another bank that is not gtb or first bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.